• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

How many shoes would you buy if you were Cass or Kog?

LoL is never coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I always played Teemo when I started out so I never thought about it.

And yeah, they have tried this patch like 3 or 4 times now and it keeps wrecking everything. They are probably going to have to roll it back and start from scratch if they can't get it working soon. If the game goes down again this weekend; the pitchforks will come out I fear. The riot forums are already very salty.

Boken

Banned
I'm not personally affected by these outages but man, Riot must be really red faced at all this. I almost feel sorry for them.

I don't understand
Wouldn't the content be similar across all server regions? How can this problem be affecting NA only?

They might've delayed the patch in other regions because it went so badly in NA.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm okay with one day outage but persistent outages due to this patch is almost criminal for a game that thrives on being online. I'm not saying it's all on Riot but seriously, what the fuck is actually going on? Also, I've seen so many people bitch and complain that they want compensation and while I feel like they have sort of wronged me as a consumer (even though that wasn't their intent) I do feel that they need to make it somehow. Like I said, it's one thing to have a problem for a day and then fixed. It's another to have problems repeatedly.

To be fair, this hasn't happened in a good, long while.

It doesn't even seem to be a complicated patch, either. They are adding quite a few little quality-of-life enhancements, but nothing ASTOUNDING. Nothing that I'd look at and say "Yeah, that could crash the game."

IsayFever

To be fair, this hasn't happened in a good, long while.

It doesn't even seem to be a complicated patch, either. They are adding quite a few little quality-of-life enhancements, but nothing ASTOUNDING. Nothing that I'd look at and say "Yeah, that could crash the game."

It's all the hidden back end. Gotta sneak dem Jayce files on thru

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
draven is fun to play but need some real skill to play.
There is no amount of skill that can make up for his team fight. Guess how much I care about AD carries that do well in lane but fall off into late game?
Some Chinese site released his skill set. It sounds a bit too complicated to be a LoL champion, so I doubt it's real.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/vddt4/potential_leak_for_jayces_abilities/
I think this is really, really fake.

dimb

There's some Korean tournament on and they're running Yorick top with Clarity. He has Boots of Swiftness and he rushed Brutalizer.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I'm not so sure about the Asian scene.

Q8D3vil

idiot draven is fun to play against, because there's a big thing on the ground right where he's going to try to move to in 2s.
fixed.
i know he wont be in the competitive scene anytime soon (maybe never), but he have a freaking good utility that people dont seem to know how to use right now. he is much better than characters like cait but he is not top tier carry.

dimb

HotshotGG waiting in top lane for a minute and a half to die with Voyboy when Pantheon jumps in to countergank. Dies horribly when they try to level ten Baron without checking for wards. Maybe try practicing next time buddy.

Boken

Banned
Doublelift being a beast again off his MLG performance.

Keep in mind these are qualifiers, Romg and Psw are kinda no namers.

That darius triple kill with cass was pretty funny.

Oh nice, World Elite will be at this OGN.

dimb

Doublelift being a beast again off his MLG performance.
Jiji was a big part of it too. The utility of protection, slows, and catches provided by Anivia were just too much. All Hotshot had to do was get his ult off before dying horribly for his team to carry, but that's Nautilus.

Edit: Go away Moletrap. You don't know anything.

Boken

Banned
are they casting in Korea ?
moletrap moving from sc2 to lol was the best thing ever for us sc2 fans :p

VAoCh.jpg

garath

Logged on over lunch long enough to verify my rune pages are still there. Good enough. Looks like they've also disabled buying boosts in the store. I had just bought one a couple days ago. Hope nothing is amiss with them.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'd say right now that Draven is one of the stronger bot lane carries right now at the moment. It's most especially true if you go 21/9/0 (you don't need any in utility since his mana sustain is irrelevant). He has innate tankiness compared to other AD carries, I believe that his armor and MR are at 39/42 with runes and Masteries, compared to Vayne who has 2?/3?. Not only that but maxing out his Q early deals incredible damage and causes bleed. If you put that together with his ability to chase because of his w in combination with the fact that the axes land where you're walking, you can perpetually keep throwing your q at them. Most Dravens I've played against are horrible or don't know how to engage with him properly. They don't even have his double procs up so you can harass and back off. His E is also particularly good since it stops people temporarily and slows them for a while allowing the chase kit to work even better. His ult's a good snipe tool if you know the speed and how to time it.

Draven overall is a very strong early and mid game. I don't think people understand how to play his late game though. You are supposed to have the double proc axes up but you're not supposed to be constantly catching them. Often times you will be moving to attack in team fights but if you're not the axes will usually come back to you. If they don't then don't catch them since the cool down is so short anyway. If they do come back then just keep spamming W. I also would like to point out that most people don't understand his rotation with axes. If you have one Q up then you throw your Q, do an autoattack, catch the Q and throw it again and rinse and repeat. This is also without movement since the axes usually come back to you. Draven is very strong, stronger that Varus (since his stacks don't come into play until it's lvl 3+).

J6A7O.jpg

We were losing early to mid game in terms of score and towers. If there's anything I really hate in this game, it's a Yi that's hell bent on split pushing when it's not me. >:C

I was gonna go off tank but we really needed to counter the Yi. I told the team that I'll shift to split push Teemo, so here was what I thought was the best build for it:
- Mobility for quick escapes paired with Move Quick.
- Wriggles for sustain and procs to minions.
- Frozen Heart for for mushroom's CDR+mana, and extra armor against Yi.
- Thornmail in case I do have to face Yi. I won most of the time since he didn't have lifesteal for quite a while.
- Black Cleavers for tower melting, plus more Wriggle procs.

Reeeeeeeally glad TF managed to pull back since he was playing pretty derpy early on. He managed to pull the scores to our favor somehow. By the end of the game I felt confident that I can 1v1 any of their AD champ.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So...I'm starting to realize that logging out of League is not a good idea.

G4lCT.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Speaking of skins, is there anyway to increase the size of damage text? I was finally playing dps class and could barely read how much damage my auto attacks were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom