• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

But the ultimate doesn't move you.

I was playing as Jarvan and ult'd Darius and then flashed out. Darius ult'd me and got out of the ring and chased me to the ends of the earth.

Might be timing based (Darius ult'd me as I flash and his ult forcing him to move to my new position) but whatever it is it was incredibly stupid and makes me dislike J4's ult even more because it seems like EVERYONE can get out of it. :(

The ult isn't to keep someone in as it is to keep other people out, I've found. Plus, you can always give chase yourself with your Standard Spear combo, likely forcing them to burn Flash in the process.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I know she's not flavor of the month anymore or anything with all of the nerfs from her OP status, but man do I love duo queing with my friend and rolling Sona bot while he goes AD. Sure sure everyone things the likes of Soraka or Janna are better, but I just do so well and have so much fun with Sona.

I know she's not flavor of the month anymore or anything with all of the nerfs from her OP status, but man do I love duo queing with my friend and rolling Sona bot while he goes AD. Sure sure everyone things the likes of Soraka or Janna are better, but I just do so well and have so much fun with Sona.

Sona is still a great support. You put Aegis on her and your team gets a MASSIVE defensive boost just from the combined auras alone. AoE stun plus her W and E chords give her great teamfight utility.

Ken

People started to not play her as much once she got the nerf bat over a few patches.

They don't look nerfed.

She's still a fantastic support but she lacks the utility/CC of Janna and the sustain of Soraka and thus leaves her in a strange middle of the road kind of design. I still love playing Sona but she's in desperate need of a (small) buff.

I am misunderstood. u.u

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I thought everyone knew Sona was the best support.

She's still a fantastic support but she lacks the utility/CC of Janna and the sustain of Soraka and thus leaves her in a strange middle of the road kind of design. I still love playing Sona but she's in desperate need of a (small) buff.

Edit: Stop changing your avatar dangit o_O

He's the best yordle though.

Nope.
veigar_4.jpg

God tier Yordles: Veigar, Amumu, Teemo

Demi-God teir Yordles: Poppy, Lulu, Ziggs

Still better than all other champs teir Yordles: Tristana, Heimerdinger, Rumble, Corki, Kennen

XeroSauce

Shen is ridonks what the heck

I build HoG, Warmogs, Wit's End, Randuin's, Rylai's. I lost my lane and proceeded to carry by simply initiating with his ridiculously ranged taunt. People complain about Ahri's taunt? Shen can taunt multiple people and it counts as a dash. I would taunt their entire team in some fights.

zkylon

zkylewd
We just had a Rammus in our team that ended up 0 11 0. The guy had Revive as a Summoner Spell and the first item he bought weren't boots or whatever Rammuses buy, it was a freaking Guardian Angel. The guy just really liked dying again and again and again.

Ken

We just had a Rammus in our team that ended up 0 11 0. The guy had Revive as a Summoner Spell and the first item he bought weren't boots or whatever Rammuses buy, it was a freaking Guardian Angel. The guy just really liked dying again and again and again.

Do you roll super fast if you have Boots of Mobility and do his rolling move? I own Rammus but never played him but I could see just rolling around everywhere super fast being fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you roll super fast if you have Boots of Mobility and do his rolling move? I own Rammus but never played him but I could see just rolling around everywhere super fast being fun.
Rolling might count as being "in combat" so Boots of Swiftness may be a better choice for super speed. And this guy was painfully slow. I mean 40 minutes and no boots, not even the level 1 boots. The rest of our team were from Brazil so they would order us around in portuguese to hilarious results.

Man I can't ever play a match without AFKers, trolls or idiots picking champions randomly...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fully stacked my Sword of the Occult just as the game ended on Fiora. 15% movespeed bonus I hardly knew ye.

Koomaster

I played around with Rammus when he was free last week, ok. I read at least one guide that suggested rushing Guardian Angel early game, ok. But not at the expense of no boots at all, ok. I tried it out myself and it was meh, ok. But I didn't die a billion times, ok. Your Rammus was just bad, ok. But he might have been influenced by the same guide is what I'm saying, ok.

What are they qualifying for ? Is it the Season 2 grand final in the US?
I've seen a lot of tourney and can't seem to make out which one count towards qualifying for the season 2 final.

It was for this tourney: http://leaguepedia.absolutelegends.net/wiki/ECC:_Poland_Qualifiers

Rankings are here... http://leaguepedia.absolutelegends.net/wiki/Leaguepedia:Season_Two_Circuit_Rankings I'm not sure how you tell which tournaments give circuit points but I think it's the ones listed under "premier" events on leaguepedia.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
They don't look nerfed.

I am misunderstood. u.u

They nerfed the way the Aura's work and scale for her. Granted they needed to because she was OP before.

As Pancakes said though she's not in this weird ground though where Janna has like 3 different ways to sort of cc and Soraka still has all of her sustain and stuff with a good laning partner. Sona sort of ends up in between the two with her auras and cc ult.

Koomaster

I would not say no to a Sona buff, but I do fine with her already so long as I have a decent lane partner. As long as we are aggressive and I can get some assists
kills
then I will have enough gold to be effective once we get to the team fight stage.

After having several horrible/afk lane partners I have started taking Sona in a more aggressive direction. I may not be able to kill a champ by myself (unless they are stupid and stay around me too long) but I will make someone think twice about bullying me.

Blizzard

Banned
So last I checked there were still 40 minute queues and whatnot, but have the bugs at least stopped showing up? Stuff like double attack speed Baron or whatever was being mentioned. And was there a patch rollback, or is there a latest valid set of patch notes?

Since the servers started going crazy I haven't played in a week or two...which is probably healthy for me, since I've started having a lot more time for ukulele, and I'm on my way to actually developing calluses so I can fret better. :D

Koomaster

So last I checked there were still 40 minute queues and whatnot, but have the bugs at least stopped showing up? Stuff like double attack speed Baron or whatever was being mentioned. And was there a patch rollback, or is there a latest valid set of patch notes?

Since the servers started going crazy I haven't played in a week or two...which is probably healthy for me, since I've started having a lot more time for ukulele, and I'm on my way to actually developing calluses so I can fret better. :D
They are going full steam with the current patch, bugs and all. I am guessing the queues are so the servers don't melt in the meantime. They are probably working on the next patch which will hopefully iron out the issues. I think some of the problems still going on include...

1. People without champs/skins/runes still yet.
2. Baron still glitches out
3. Lee Sin's Q is broken, having him get stuck to the ground unable to move for a few seconds.
4. Maokai's root is broken, behaving same as above.
5. Blitzcrank's grab is broken, sometimes works, sometimes won't pull champs all the way.
6. Speaking of Sona, her ult sometimes doesn't work now. (I guess 3-6 could go under a single heading of 'A bunch of champs just aren't working right anymore.' These are just the most egregious examples.)
7. People getting randomly disconnected from matches, or the game saying they are already in a match when they haven't played for days.
8. Game thinking people are low level and not letting them buy Tier 3 runes from the store.
9. Camera scrolling problems.
10. Probably more I'm forgetting. This patch has touched all parts of the game it seems and has broken just about everything.

Edit: 11. I forgot that people are discovering that entering matches will sometimes load up a random mastery page instead of the one they picked. Don't know how widespread that one is, but I have noticed more and more complain about it as the days go on.

dimb

So last I checked there were still 40 minute queues and whatnot, but have the bugs at least stopped showing up?
There has been no patch to change anything, and nothing has even really been acknowledged by Riot. There is still more lag, slow down, and higher pings that have come with the patch too. Many of these things haven't really been acknowledged yet by Riot. Even some of the things the patch was supposed to fix didn't improve.

Right now the focus seems to be on achieving some kind of stability through throttling people in through queues and undoing the mess of players losing content. Returning these two things to the way they should be have been the priority for Riot, and it's keeping them extremely busy.

Blizzard

Banned
How would that even be possible? There has been no patch to change anything, and nothing has even really been acknowledged by Riot. There is still more lag, slow down, and higher pings that have come with the patch too. Many of these things haven't really been acknowledged yet by Riot. Even some of the things the patch was supposed to fix didn't improve.

Right now the focus seems to be on achieving some kind of stability through throttling people in through queues and undoing the mess of players losing content. Returning these two things to the way they should be have been the priority for Riot, and it's keeping them extremely busy.
Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if there had been a rollback or hotfix patches. I'll stay out of the game for a while longer, then!

dimb

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if there had been a rollback or hotfix patches. I'll stay out of the game for a while longer, then!
It's not really that bad. Some people have more issues than others. Like recently I have been getting in with no queue or a twenty minute one at the max. I don't have disconnect errors or crashing, and very few of the bugs have an impact on me on a regular basis. The only really weird one is how strong Baron is, and that actually has a significant impact on every match.

Koomaster

Personally I have not been in a match with a buffed up baron, but I have spectated matches where it happened. So it's sort of like rolling the dice. The game is definitely still playable (by most) you just have to be a little more cautious and adjust as bugs crop up.

I got everything back last night, had no queues this morning, and got 1000 RP for three days where I wasn't able to play LoL in the first place haha.

garath

Hopefully the queues aren't bad tonight. I haven't been able to play LoL all last week and I'd really like to. Just bought talon and vlad and have only gotten to use Vlad since.

Need some wins to take advantage of the IP boost too :) Almost time to buy another rune page. I need 3 more by my estimation: attack speed jungler, support with gp5, and a move speed AP for kat/ryze/morde.

I may just suck it up and get the 7 page bundle since I've bought all the champs I want anyways. That'll give me 10 total. Should be plenty.

dimb

Tanky junglers like Malphite don't use attack speed do they?
Yes they do. It helps clear times so much. I mean I guess on Malphite you could run something else, but most tanks like Naut or Shen or Mundo or Volibear you would run attack speed reds. I guess you can run armor reds if you want to take boots first on someone like Amumu and gank early because he really doesn't get a lot out of attack speed, but most of the time you are looking at attack speed reds.

Tanky junglers like Malphite don't use attack speed do they?

You can run magic pen for AP junglers.

BTW: Anybody having problems with mastery pages not selecting on game start? I just jungled Nocturne and ended up with +5 AP to start because the caster masteries page was the last page I saved in Summoner Profile, even though I selected the jungle page from the drop down menu at picks

Why is jungle clear time the top priority for a jungler? I'd rather have runes built for ganking. Shaving 12 seconds off a clear time isn't as important as securing kills on ganks, imo. If jungle clear time were really that important, there would be way less usable junglers.

Why is jungle clear time the top priority for a jungler? I'd rather have runes built for ganking. Shaving 12 seconds off a clear time isn't as important as securing kills on ganks, imo. If jungle clear time were really that important, there would be way less usable junglers.

It depends on the jungler. For someone like warwick he sucks at ganking pre 6 so you have to hit 6 asap. For someone like Naut it's not as important because you can gank well and get exp and gold that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom