• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Attack speed synergizes well with many junglers, who often have on hit procs and red buff. They are strong for ganks and in the jungle. Clearing fast means more experience, less damage taken on each wave, and more opportunities to gank and counter jungle. Ganking is important but the whole point of having a jungler is to take advantage of the gold/exp in the jungle. Maximizing the potential gold available to you is super important when games can be so close.
It depends on the jungler. For someone like warwick he sucks at ganking pre 6 so you have to hit 6 asap. For someone like Naut it's not as important because you can gank well and get exp and gold that way.
Not running attack speed runes on Naut would just be dumb. It's too good with his shield and passive.

Only change I've noticed is that on the champ select screen there's a "change both" button for the Summoner Spells.

Kind of "wasted" two IP boosts with two Dominion wins but they were hard-fought. Nothing like being behind all game, nabbing your third point while close to defeat, and winning in the end.

Wrekt

I experienced one that wasn't on your list. I don't know if it is new, but I never saw it before.

I was jungling and had just went back to base when my internet connection dropped. I bought a sapphire crystal and a couple pots. It took my gold but no item appeared in my inventory. When I rejoined, I still didn't have the gold that I spent on it, but I didn't have a crystal or the mana it would have provided me. I had an empty space in my inventory that wouldn't fill up, no matter how many items I bought. If I tried to buy something with 5 items in my inventory, it would take my gold but my 6th slot stayed empty. All in all I lost about 1k gold from it and we lost a (very close) ranked game.

brian!

They nerfed the way the Aura's work and scale for her. Granted they needed to because she was OP before.

As Pancakes said though she's not in this weird ground though where Janna has like 3 different ways to sort of cc and Soraka still has all of her sustain and stuff with a good laning partner. Sona sort of ends up in between the two with her auras and cc ult.

he's talking about titties

garath

Why is jungle clear time the top priority for a jungler? I'd rather have runes built for ganking. Shaving 12 seconds off a clear time isn't as important as securing kills on ganks, imo. If jungle clear time were really that important, there would be way less usable junglers.

Faster clears = more xp and more time to gank. Spend too much time ganking and you can fall behind in levels.

zkylon

zkylewd
I played around with Rammus when he was free last week, ok. I read at least one guide that suggested rushing Guardian Angel early game, ok. But not at the expense of no boots at all, ok. I tried it out myself and it was meh, ok. But I didn't die a billion times, ok. Your Rammus was just bad, ok. But he might have been influenced by the same guide is what I'm saying, ok.
Could be, but this guy was level 22 and would just stand next to the tower idly, then roll and get killed, get back to life, then die again. There's too many trolls in this game, heh...

EXGN

I played around with Rammus when he was free last week, ok. I read at least one guide that suggested rushing Guardian Angel early game, ok. But not at the expense of no boots at all, ok. I tried it out myself and it was meh, ok. But I didn't die a billion times, ok. Your Rammus was just bad, ok. But he might have been influenced by the same guide is what I'm saying, ok.

Haha, that reminds me of a Singed guide on LeagueCraft (I think). It's the No. 1 guide and it advises people to build Tear of the Goddess as their first item, which IMO is shit on Singed. I can always tell when people are following that guide tho lol.

dimb

Practiced Rumble jungle in an empty custom game. It was a lot easier and faster than I would have thought.

Haha, that reminds me of a Singed guide on LeagueCraft (I think). It's the No. 1 guide and it advises people to build Tear of the Goddess as their first item, which IMO is shit on Singed. I can always tell when people are following that guide tho lol.

Lol. Singed should be rushing RoA and FoN. Every single game.

This fucking game takes years off you. Just had a 70 minute game and I think I'm about to have an aneurysm.

Koomaster

You can run magic pen for AP junglers.

BTW: Anybody having problems with mastery pages not selecting on game start? I just jungled Nocturne and ended up with +5 AP to start because the caster masteries page was the last page I saved in Summoner Profile, even though I selected the jungle page from the drop down menu at picks
More and more people have been reporting this happening to them. So it's not just you.

I haven't experienced it, I've been playing Sona a lot lately and the mastery page I use for her is the only one I have that gives me bonus starting gold. I've been getting the gold so I figure mine must be working.

Ken

Why is jungle clear time the top priority for a jungler? I'd rather have runes built for ganking. Shaving 12 seconds off a clear time isn't as important as securing kills on ganks, imo. If jungle clear time were really that important, there would be way less usable junglers.

You jungle Fiddlesticks.

Faster attack speed means Nautilus gets more damage off while his W is up, Nocturne gets health back from his passive quicker and also his AoE damage, and Shyvana gets to lower the CD on her Q quicker. You'd also be increasing the chance you get to proc Wriggles faster if you go that route. Faster clear means you level faster, and even if it's just a few seconds faster than the laning target it's still an advantage. Having your hook as Nautilus because you're level 4 already before your target hits level 4 and has their escape is pretty big. I'm not exactly great at LoL but I do notice a big difference when I jungle with and without attack speed runes on my smurfs.

Also, which runes do you mean when you say "runes built for ganking?" I'm guessing runes for more damage?

he's talking about titties

Someone gets it.

caved and bought battlecast urgot, so fucking baddass.

Yay.

Pjodor

Neo Member
My standard jungle runes atm are attackspeed marks, armour seals, mr/lvl glyphs and movementspeed quints. Usually play udyr, nautilus or shen.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really think if they updated most of their character art I'd be checking out more champions. As it is, the only support champs that are at least somewhat pleasing to the eyes are Janna and Sona (Taric's ok), and even then their skins are all derpy face + 400% boobs. I mean, for goodness look at Soraka...

Ken

and even then their skins are all derpy face + 400% boobs.

Guqin Sona is like -50% boobs. I think most of Janna's current art is derpy which is why I don't play her. I will also never be as good a Gems as Noshino so I don't play him.

I am sad that the purchase history doesn't go back to the beginning.

dimb

I really think if they updated most of their character art I'd be checking out more champions. As it is, the only support champs that are at least somewhat pleasing to the eyes are Janna and Sona (Taric's ok), and even then their skins are all derpy face + 400% boobs. I mean, for goodness look at Soraka...
My interest in playing Pantheon has shot up with his new art. I feel so shallow.

I will never forsake Soraka though. Best support.

Edit: Oh my dear god over an hour on queue and it's not even that late yet.

Koomaster

I've always thought Taric looks like a mongoloid or something. Maybe it's the hair? It's especially bad in the emerald and 5th age skins.

Sona's Guqin skin is the only decent Sona skin available now. She looks super skinny as Muse/Penta Sona.

Ken

I've always thought Taric looks like a mongoloid or something. Maybe it's the hair? It's especially bad in the emerald and 5th age skins.

Sona's Guqin skin is the only decent Sona skin available now. She looks super skinny as Muse/Penta Sona.

What about her Christmas skin? That looks pretty good, or the art does at least.

dimb

I spent 2600 RP on rune pages. I spent 7350 IP on runes. It feels so good, but I think I have turned into a crazy person. I need to test things.
5x75W.jpg

Ken

Bleh, don't think I'll be playing more LoL until I can find better internet. That or I'll just play support. Last hitting is a nightmare at 250+ ping.

Iron Solari Leona. Boom.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Hence why I play mostly Guqin Sona, far less silly than her other skins.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wanted to play again now. 45 min que...

I know someone called BS on my hating from last week, but I could see this coming because the initial fuck up was such an IT misstep from the get go. Heads are definitely going to roll over this one.

zkylon

zkylewd
Iron Solari Leona. Boom.
I don't consider Leona support in the strictest sense of the term but yeah, I love some of her skins. I might check her out for the Valkyrie skin, only.

I'm more into this sort of stuff than I should, I have APB installed only to play with the character creation...

Ken

I don't consider Leona support in the strictest sense of the term but yeah, I love some of her skins. I might check her out for the Valkyrie skin, only.

I'm more into this sort of stuff than I should, I have APB installed only to play with the character creation...

I like you.

If you don't consider Leona support, then what is she?

They are going full steam with the current patch, bugs and all. I am guessing the queues are so the servers don't melt in the meantime. They are probably working on the next patch which will hopefully iron out the issues. I think some of the problems still going on include...

1. People without champs/skins/runes still yet.
2. Baron still glitches out
3. Lee Sin's Q is broken, having him get stuck to the ground unable to move for a few seconds.
4. Maokai's root is broken, behaving same as above.
5. Blitzcrank's grab is broken, sometimes works, sometimes won't pull champs all the way.
6. Speaking of Sona, her ult sometimes doesn't work now. (I guess 3-6 could go under a single heading of 'A bunch of champs just aren't working right anymore.' These are just the most egregious examples.)
7. People getting randomly disconnected from matches, or the game saying they are already in a match when they haven't played for days.
8. Game thinking people are low level and not letting them buy Tier 3 runes from the store.
9. Camera scrolling problems.
10. Probably more I'm forgetting. This patch has touched all parts of the game it seems and has broken just about everything.

Edit: 11. I forgot that people are discovering that entering matches will sometimes load up a random mastery page instead of the one they picked. Don't know how widespread that one is, but I have noticed more and more complain about it as the days go on.

Wanted to play again now. 45 min que...

I know someone called BS on my hating from last week, but I could see this coming because the initial fuck up was such an IT misstep from the get go. Heads are definitely going to roll over this one.

Looks like the queue's are here to stay. I'm not waiting for 50 minutes.

Eh, I left for a month or whatever to play Diablo, then I come back to discover that apparently the Diablo 3 team is now maintaining LoL. =/ Lame.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like you.

If you don't consider Leona support, then what is she?
I'm not sure, when I started playing LoL, not two months ago, she was on a free week and I played her as a tank, and that idea of her playstyle is stuck in my mind. I suppose I don't think of her as a support because she doesn't cast buffs.

Ken

I'm not sure, when I started playing LoL, not two months ago, she was on a free week and I played her as a tank, and that idea of her playstyle is stuck in my mind. I suppose I don't think of her as a support because she doesn't cast buffs.

She has so much CC though for an aggressive bottom kill lane.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
She has so much CC though for an aggressive bottom kill lane.

She is a piss poor tank. Just too slow, very low damage, and the CC isn't that good.

But she is a fantastic support bottom. Lunge, Stun, AE stun at 6, and a slow+shield. She is perfect for the combo kill. Though I'd still prefer Jarv to her. Similar, but minus the stuns and more damage+Synergy with an AD carry.

]

GAAAAAF GAAAAME
Chump supports. If you're support is supporting, they aren't carrying.

Leona's passive means she is not intended to be played anywhere but in a duo lane. The fact that she does no damage means she is the support in that equation.

I kind of like the idea of having non-sustain supports in the game... until I play one and my carry starts Doran's Blade. Then I just want to punch walls.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
She is a piss poor tank. Just too slow, very low damage, and the CC isn't that good.

But she is a fantastic support bottom. Lunge, Stun, AE stun at 6, and a slow+shield. She is perfect for the combo kill. Though I'd still prefer Jarv to her. Similar, but minus the stuns and more damage+Synergy with an AD carry.

Chump supports. If you're support is supporting, they aren't carrying.

Those be fightin' words friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom