• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DOTA2 won't really seriously affect LoL, maybe cause a slight dip in activity but they're two markedly different games.

The whole champions and runes thing does suck major balls though.

Ark

I wish Riot would explain why they took away the third rune page at level 30. I don't want to have to spend 6300 IP on a third rune page or a bunch of money for a bundle. It's so unfair on your consumers to do that.

Volimar

I wish Riot would explain why they took away the third rune page at level 30. I don't want to have to spend 6300 IP on a third rune page or a bunch of money for a bundle. It's so unfair on your consumers to do that.

Because money. I hate to say it, but Riot is making some "not the little guy anymore" decisions lately. And not in a good way...

Also, I played in my first ARAM ever on Murder Bridge ever with Rioters ever last night. It was 4 am and I randomed Shyvana who I literally hadn't played in months... It was a slaughter. My team did better when I was dead lol. I totally blanked on what items to get and I think the team trolled me with suggestions...

Oh well, it was still pretty fun.

Wrong. A single person can win a match against bots in SR. Dominion bots backdoor every node and your pugs will roam around the map in a zerg ball 100% of the time. You can win a SR in the same amount of time as a Dominion match by choosing a strong AA champ with a steroid and just pushing nonstop.

I meant playing pvp dom

Wins come quickly and easily. Just abuse Wukong and Yorick!

P.S. The thing about runes is that they can considerably change your playstyle. It took me a considerably long time to realize that +5 mana per 5 or +13 armor or +15 arm pen can have a considerable impact on your gameplay. Also remember that a lot of runes can be reused across different roles. Especially if you favor similar roles.

Which reminds me that I do have to setup my rune pages and optimize them.

What's with all the Teemos lately? And why do they keep insisting that they can counter Rumble? As a Rumble player I've been crushing them which is great, but in games where the other team takes Rumble, some bozo inevitably grabs teemo to go top with and I tell them that Teemo doesn't counter Rumble and he's going to get crushed and they are all like "oh just you watch I'll counter him." If by counter you mean go 1/9 and have a wopping 13 CS at the 15 minute mark, yeah good job, glad you didn't listen to me.

Ken

What's with all the Teemos lately? And why do they keep insisting that they can counter Rumble? As a Rumble player I've been crushing them which is great, but in games where the other team takes Rumble, some bozo inevitably grabs teemo to go top with and I tell them that Teemo doesn't counter Rumble and he's going to get crushed and they are all like "oh just you watch I'll counter him." If by counter you mean go 1/9 and have a wopping 13 CS at the 15 minute mark, yeah good job, glad you didn't listen to me.

Because Captain Teemo is on duty!

Hecarim may not be that strong, but he is damn fun to play

Edit: Also, some of you may know me in-game. My summoner name is picklestheshepar, been waiting forever for account activation here.

Achtius

Hecarim may not be that strong, but he is damn fun to play

Edit: Also, some of you may know me in-game. My summoner name is picklestheshepar, been waiting forever for account activation here.

it feels like that we don't play anymore :(

I still remember you randomly ask me if I was from GAF in a random game

edit: oh shit, double post

Koomaster

It is because Teemo is best champ and that sometimes blinds Teemo lovers to the fact that other players cheat which is the only way in which Teemo dies. If it weren't for cheaters like Rumble players, Teemo would be immortal. ;____;

Achtius

More like what's with the Xin Zhao lately? Haven't seen them for like 50 games, then I see 4 jungle Xin in a row (all of them bad).

it feels like that we don't play anymore :(

I still remember you randomly ask me if I was from GAF in a random game

edit: oh shit, double post

Ha! Im sure I came off adequately stalkerish, still blows my mind I got randomly queued with a gaffer. I took a long break when skyrim came out, been playing that shit basically non-stop since november. Don't worry though I still only play male champs with glowing eyes.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Feels good to finally win again, even if it was against a Katarina support.
is noc jungle in easy mode? because i really need a jungler i can make mistakes with. i have junglers, just no one i can make mistakes with. also is there anyway i can jungle with fiora without losing so much health. her passive is trash.

is noc jungle in easy mode? because i really need a jungler i can make mistakes with. i have junglers, just no one i can make mistakes with. also is there anyway i can jungle with fiora without losing so much health. her passive is trash.

As someone who plays noc almost exclusively, i can say yes. Unless you're against a good lee sin. Also if you cant hit with his Q, which i usually cant, then you're not gonna have a good time.

Ken

Nocturne jungle is pretty easy. His passive helps you sustain and clear the jungle well, and helps you catch up if you fall behind or fail ganks.

His kit is really good and the ultimate helps you gank warded lanes and make crazy escapes. I once got caught in the enemy jungle by four of their team and ult'd to the Anivia that was wandering right outside. She tried to E me and I just spell shielded it. Seems like one can easily force flashes with his E too.

Compared to Fiora who has no CC, Nocturne ganks are much better.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Nocturne jungle is pretty easy. His passive helps you sustain and clear the jungle well, and helps you catch up if you fall behind or fail ganks.

His kit is really good and the ultimate helps you gank warded lanes and make crazy escapes. I once got caught in the enemy jungle by four of their team and ult'd to the Anivia that was wandering right outside. She tried to E me and I just spell shielded it. Seems like one can easily force flashes with his E too.

Compared to Fiora who has no CC, Nocturne ganks are much better.
it would be great if her W had a mini stun or something, but its just that while i am jungling i am end up using all my 5 pots and can't gank cuz i have no health or pots.

but when i get enough IP ill check out noc

Ken

it would be great if her W had a mini stun or something, but its just that while i am jungling i am end up using all my 5 pots and can't gank cuz i have no health or pots.

I wish if the enemy attacked Fiora while her W is up, it would give her like a 1.5 second taunt or something instead of parrying the damage so I could make use of E more instead of having them turn and run as soon as I use E.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
As someone who plays noc almost exclusively, i can say yes. Unless you're against a good lee sin. Also if you cant hit with his Q, which i usually cant, then you're not gonna have a good time.
ugh i have terrible aim. well might as well hope for the best.

I wish if the enemy attacked Fiora while her W is up, it would give her like a 1.5 second taunt or something instead of parrying the damage so I could make use of E more instead of having them turn and run as soon as I use E.
same. but doubt anything like thats gonna happen. too many people screaming "nurf fiora" when shes the easiest thing to counter.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You are supposed to Q into your E and they won't be able to run. W is good for preventing return on harass so you can come out ahead. I think Fiora is a good duelist 1v1 with a solid kit for that, but she doesn't really have the mobility necessary to make her a good assassin late game, or to escape from ganks in top lane where duelists go. Her kit is all about going in.
same. but doubt anything like thats gonna happen. too many people screaming "nurf fiora" when shes the easiest thing to counter.
Nobody is saying this. Nobody is even aware she exists.

Ken

Get the fear first and then Q.

You are supposed to Q into your E and they won't be able to run. W is good for preventing return on harass so you can come out ahead. I think Fiora is a good duelist 1v1 with a solid kit for that, but she doesn't really have the mobility necessary to make her a good assassin late game, or to escape from ganks in top lane where duelists go. Her kit is all about going in.

Nobody is saying this. Nobody is even aware she exists.

I just picked Fiora randomly today since I had a skin for her and I never played her. Went up against Renekton and whenever he went in I just pressed W. If he tried to fight it out I would hit E and that's when he would start running. I also had no idea about the whole "every AA and lunge gives you more move speed" until I looked it up just now.

EXGN

Eh, I dunno if he's quite "easy mode." He has high sustainability but his pre-6 ganks are only OK. I think Mao is the ultimate EZ mode jungler. Strong ganks, good clear, sustainability, etc.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I feel like Ori got nerfed this patch because they removed ratios on her Q and decreases the speed of it. I don't she why they couldn't just give her 0.2 on her W without removing it from her Q, that made no sense.

It is a pretty good buff actually, just need to switch her play style a bit. I love how they switch her burst damage to her W. Now ori's zoning is a lot better because you can just set a ball to behind your opponent's minion wave, and poke them from half a screen away with W.

The buff gave her 20% damage boost in her auto attack at level one with zero ap, get shield at level 2, shoot the ball behind them, shield yourself so it also hit your opponent, spam auto attack, you will win every trade even against leblanc until level 6.

It is also a big boost in her utility, before she had to max her Q for damage, so she can't level her W until late into the game, now W is her main damage nuke with a built in speed buff/slow.

I just jungled fiora and had a small problem with pots, had 1 left by the end of my first pass, if anything her e needs some sort of a buff, instead of giving it a bonus stacking buff, have it give the static atkspd buff but make it cause each attack after a lunge to hit twice or something. This would give her a bunch of itemization options with things like the ionic spark and make her jungle much more effective while scaling better as a steroid skill late game, and it's more synergetic with her lunge (instead of having attacks be eaten up by the extremely long q animation).

Boken

Banned
RE: Orianna - Froggen was saying that the changes are unecessary and make her even stronger.

LoLGaf, please help me. How the fuck do I deal with Lee Sin's mobility, I feel as though I can do nothing against him if he counter jungles me. Even if I catch him he just ward dashes away. Playing Noc btw.
You should beat him in a straight up fight if you block his attack speed debuff. As long as you can hurt him before he leaves, you could easily counter jungle him back or just gank his lanes without fear of counter gank.

The third rune page was a gift for some reason or another. Tip: the reward for referring 5 people is a rune page.

zkylon

zkylewd
Good day of Luxin' and Akalin'. I think I've gotten better at her, but my problem with Akali now is that I don't know what to do if someone in their team buys an Oracle's (and they almost always do).

Haly

Good day of Luxin' and Akalin'. I think I've gotten better at her, but my problem with Akali now is that I don't know what to do if someone in their team buys an Oracle's (and they almost always do).
Kill the guy with the oracle.

Without her stealth she only becomes a less mobile Kass, who is still deadly given a good early game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kill the guy with the oracle.

Without her stealth she only becomes a less mobile Kass, who is still deadly given a good early game.
Well, guy with the oracle is usually an Alistair or some other tanky champ, so that's kind of difficult, at least in just one burst, and it's worse if he's there with two other champs (as they usually are). I find myself completely useless in those types of situations in which the whole other team just pushes forward, with oracle. I try to wait for a good initiation (like Amumu's ult) but I dunno.

I'm pretty pleased with how Akali plays, but I think I'm gonna wait until I try another assassin to buy her, maybe Kat or Kass or LeBlanc, just in case I like 'em better.

I'm also thinking of getting Kog'Maw as my AD carry champ since I don't really like Graves' style (also I want more non-girls on my repertoire :p). Is he worth something on bot, compared to Cait, MF, Graves, Ashe...?

Haly

Think about it this way, if you don't go in, then your team is basically fighting 4v5. Who care if you die so long as you manage to take one or two others out as well?

Kog'maw is one of the better AD carries, but frustrating to play because he's very gankable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom