• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Woo, finally got to bronze! Initially ranked at 1204, sank down to 800 and now at 1253!

Had a rough match to get there though. Enemy team was highly mobile with a Jayce, Skarner, Blitz and Ezreal, each with move speed buffs or jumps. We had to rely on Malph and Udyr to lock them down with their ults/stuns, otherwise they could kite us until they got a strong engage.

Guiz

I'm also thinking of getting Kog'Maw as my AD carry champ since I don't really like Graves' style (also I want more non-girls on my repertoire :p). Is he worth something on bot, compared to Cait, MF, Graves, Ashe...?

The main problem with kog (to me) is that he doesn't have a good escape spell on laning phase.

Blizzard

Banned
What are the impressions of Jayce so far?
I think he's kinda fun to play sometimes, but can depend on skillshots and sustained damage to get kills -- no nuke/finisher besides E + Q. I think I also was having problems catching an amumu using ghost since that seemed to outrun Jayce's speed boosts.

Bloodthirster and triforce seem to work well on him, though I'm not sure whether some attack speed item + frozen mallet might help keep escaping people slowed better than triforce.

I think he seems like a decent top lane or AD carry choice, but I suspect he won't have the the snowball or endgame crushing power of someone like Caitlyn or Vayne. If he makes it more than a week or two without being nerfed, I think people might stop complaining about him so much.

scy

Granted, I'm still low level (hooray, no runes) so keep that in mind but ... his early game is amazingly bad. His base stats are really low so the early farm is important to secure an early Doran's or two to get his AD somewhere respectable. I've tried Q -> E -> W and W -> Q -> E starts and not sure which I like better yet. Q start gives better zoning options but the damage isn't that great at level 1 without an E boost while W start lets you punish over aggressive people by triple auto attack on them.

Damage wise, he's got really good burst surprisingly. I mean, I expected it to be a lot worse than what it's been since he lacks an ultimate finisher. But, Cannon E -> Q -> W -> switch to Hammer -> Q -> W -> E (weave in auto-attacks of course, etc.) is an absurd amount of damage late game since he scales really well. And since his cooldowns aren't that bad, you can just swap back to Cannon when you're done with the combo and pop his W again to get some ranged burst down on someone.

Right now, I've been building him with the idea of maxing W early and forgoing Attack Speed items since it's only a 6s base cooldown when maxed and it gives you 2.5 APS right there. Q after lets his Cannon E -> Q punish hard and even his level 1 Hammer E still hits for 8% MaxHP base. Early Frozen Mallet helps pursues and gives him the HP he needs when in Hammer mode and I'm undecided what I like better for him after that. Just been doing BT since it's a solid item :|

Honestly, I like him better top as he'd be a respectable bruiser in just Hammer mode so Cannon is just there as a way to let him poke and control the lane.

He's already one of my favorite champions. Very versatile and works either with a Tanky DPS or AD carry build. Works top or bot, can jungle too. I managed to go 14/0/13 in a game with him yesterday that had 29 kills total for our side (do the math on that one!)

JesseZao

Jayce is a lot of fun. I've tried each role and I think I like jungling most right now. His burst is amazing to the point it seems like they'll merf him, but hopefully they let it play out so people can get used to playing with/ against him to see where he stands.

Gate shots feel so good to use.

Ark

Renekton
Master Yi
Morgana
Miss Fortune
Sion
Amumu
Ziggs
Cho'Gath
Kog'Maw
Heimerdinger

New rotation this week. Going to enjoy playing Ziggs for sure.

Merovin

I am in love with Jayce, probably my favourite new champion since Ahri? He's just so fun to play, you can literally be/do whatever you want haha

zkylon

zkylewd
I really think Jayce deserves a nerf. There's something wrong with him being a tanky AD carry with a stun that just hurts too much. Less damage or health, I think.

Blizzard

Banned
I really think Jayce deserves a nerf. There's something wrong with him being a tanky AD carry with a stun that just hurts too much. Less damage or health, I think.
Someone already mentioned he has low base stats though I didn't check them myself. And it's a knockback, not a stun, unless there's stun time associated that I'm not aware of.

Ferrio

Banned
Someone already mentioned he has low base stats though I didn't check them myself. And it's a knockback, not a stun, unless there's stun time associated that I'm not aware of.

Haven't used him, but in the video there said there was a slight stun.

Blizzard

Banned
Haven't used him, but in the video there said there was a slight stun.
I stand corrected then -- I have used him and I suppose I didn't notice it, so I'm guessing it's a half second or less. I just used it as the last hit of a melee combo for extra damage, or if I thought quickly enough, to try to knock someone back towards my team after I slowed them.

IsayFever

I stand corrected then -- I have used him and I suppose I didn't notice it, so I'm guessing it's a half second or less. I just used it as the last hit of a melee combo for extra damage, or if I thought quickly enough, to try to knock someone back towards my team after I slowed them.

Q while in hammer form, slight stun after landing on your target

You should beat him in a straight up fight if you block his attack speed debuff. As long as you can hurt him before he leaves, you could easily counter jungle him back or just gank his lanes without fear of counter gank.

I dunno, I usually try and block his q cause it does so much dmg early game. Is the debuff the first hit of cripple or the second?

scy

Stop him early game is the best advice I can give, honestly. He's pretty much entirely item dependent. Hammer Q has low base damage but scales really well (it's like 20 + 1/AD at Level 1?).

Incidentally, I think Graves is (base) tankier than Jayce until the final Ult point. I'd have to check though.

If I recall, its around 50 AD at Level 1. It's pretty awful, especially with his ~.7 base APS. I can get exacts whenever I'm home :x

Edit: Forgot masteries, that's actually 47 base AD with .65 base APS.

How odd, the wiki doesn't seem to mention that at all, just the 2-second slow from hammer Q.

I think it's just a slight hitstun from the impact, not an actual short stun like Riven's W. It helps set up the R -> Hammer Q -> run through -> Hammer E for picking off out of position people but it's not going to really buy time. Haven't tried it as an interrupt yet.

Jungle is such a stressful role, any lane feeds and it must be your fault for never ganking. Nevermind the fact they put down zero wards or did anything to prevent their fate.

Ferrio

Banned
Jungle is such a stressful role, any lane feeds and it must be your fault for never ganking. Nevermind the fact they put down zero wards or did anything to prevent their fate.

Best advice; Ward for them. If you see a lane not warding, throw one up. Ya it sucks, but

1. It keeps you as a jungler safer
2. If they get ganked it's totally on their head.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jayce has bad base stats because he gets stat boosts off of his R. In reality his early game is fine if not strong because he has two abilities on each skill.

scy

I've started the habit of always warding river/tri-bush when I'm in top. Unfortunately, I never get Jungle ganks so it's pretty much for my own peace of mind.

Jayce has bad base stats because he gets stat boosts off of his R. In reality his early game is fine if not strong because he has two abilities on each skill.

He gets +Armor/+MR with his Hammer wielded and no stat boosts off the switch, just an on-hit effect (debuff for Hammer -> Cannon, +Damage for Cannon -> Hammer). I guess I should have specified that it's just his base AD that is low. If you sit in Hammer mode, he's okay at Level 1 (13 base with +5 from his Ult passive) but he's pretty much average defensively for AD Carry in Cannon mode.

I guess he has good HP, at least.

Edit: His early game is great at 3 when he has his full range of abilities though. Level 1 is dependent on what you start with. W is his best start for Cannon since triple burst will do the best punish for the mana spent and it gets you the Hammer passive. Hammer W active is awful though for lane. Starting QE gets you great ranged burst off the skillshot combo and leap into knockback can probably burst down some AD carries/support if you have the opening for it.

Accelerate Cannon Q -> Cannon W -> R -> Hammer Q -> Hammer E will pretty much destroy a carry in lane though and, due to the speed of the EQ combo, it's not really that hard to land if they're not at an odd angle.

EXGN

Blame the jungler. If the jungler is doing OK, blame the support. If the support is doing OK, cry that the enemy is OP/cheap.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't forget to blame top for losing his lane and the AD carry for not carrying.

I'm glad it's a knockback. It's one of the best things about his skillest imo. I've been trying him as a tanky support and it's been working wonders. I leap in with Q on enemy, exhaust, run past the enemy using my W, use the E to knockback towards my team, switch forms, use E to run back, and either follow up with a W and Q after. I usually carry flash as my secondary because I find it invaluable in team fights. The fact that he has built in mana regen means I don't even need the phil stone :). Granted I only have a couple matches with him as support thus far and my ELO is probably crap but it's been working great for me.

....I'm gonna get laughed at for using him as a support aren't I :(

PS does anyone have the link to the champs going on sale tomorrow?

Wrekt

Feel.png

Especially bad when you get yelled at for not warding more when you just laid down a full stack of them but the enemy team has multiple oracles and just cleared that shit out.

I played jungler last week.

Ended up underleveled because they constantly called for ganking leaving me no time to get gold or xp from any creeps.

Got steamrolled pretty quickly after that.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've started the habit of always warding river/tri-bush when I'm in top. Unfortunately, I never get Jungle ganks so it's pretty much for my own peace of mind.
Right now, I pretty much spend a fortune each match in wards, because you can't really count on other plays to help you ward, even if you're talking with them on Skype and yelling at them to share the expense with you :p

I always ward river when I'm top and sometimes tri if I feel I'm gonna get ganked from behind, then I ward both bushes in mid (I start warding jungle entrances after either mine or enemy's mid tower is gone). It's better to spend 150gold on wards than give the enemy team 300 gold and 30 seconds of free reign over your lane, but man it hurts no miss out on items to get wards because your team is full of greedy bastards :D

scy

It's better to spend 150gold on wards than give the enemy team 300 gold and 30 seconds of free reign over your lane, but man it hurts no miss out on items to get wards because your team is full of greedy bastards :D

Honestly, I'd rather just ward it myself. If someone else does it, great, but I'm still responsible for not dying myself. Just easier to go at it that way, honestly. I figure spending ~1000g over the course of the game isn't that big of a deal, especially if it pays off at some point during the game.

Nevertheless, I'm greatly entertained when a ward lapses in lane and someone bitches and moans about it when they haven't put one down at all the entire game. Looks like I have more stupid to look forward to when I get to ranked games.

Ken

I played jungler last week.

Ended up underleveled because they constantly called for ganking leaving me no time to get gold or xp from any creeps.

Got steamrolled pretty quickly after that.

If you see that you're starting to fall behind a level or two from their jungler because of too many failed ganks, stop trying to gank and just go back to farm. It's much better to not attempt any ganks that will probably fail and stay relevant late game, than to keep trying to gank and fail and end up even lower level than the enemy support 30 minutes in. Tell your teammates to man up, ward better, and know when to abandon a turret than to make a teammate (you) irrelevant late game.

I can usually tell after 1-2 failed ganks if I'm not going to be able to gank any lanes without coming out ahead and just go into farm mode. It's why I play like to play Nocturne instead of a jungler that builds tanky/tanky support like Maokai and Nautilus; too many failed ganks early on and there's a good chance you're going to be useless late game.

Jungle is actually my favorite role because of how not stressful it is. I don't have to last hit, and I don't have to go up against annoying lanes like Blitzcrank.

ToddGoku

Banned
I lost a bunch of games playing with low level friends and I guess my normal elo tanked because now I'm losing matchmaking in solo queue super hard. Getting sub 200 win teammates against 800+ win players on the other team. Anything like this happen to anyone else? Matchmaking has always been bad but this is pretty much unplayable :I

Must be from when they were handing it out to those who lost their content back when Riot Servers blew up 3 patches in a row.

When was that? I mean, I've had my account for almost a year but I only started actually playing beyond level 3 this week. Just now, after reaching lvl 10, I suddenly had 1400 RP, instead of just 400 (I had those already, no idea where from).

Ferrio

Banned
When was that? I mean, I've had my account for almost a year but I only started actually playing beyond level 3 this week. Just now, after reaching lvl 10, I suddenly had 1400 RP, instead of just 400 (I had those already, no idea where from).

Servers blew up last month, that was their "Sorry"

Flare

A few weeks ago.
Edit: What ferrio said.

So the doubt now becomes which champion to buy. Obviously one of the 6000+ ip as they cost the same in RP as any champions that costs more than 1350 ip.

I was leaning towards Renektor, but since he's gonna be free this week I might as well go with someone else.

Ezreal I tried on a friend's account and honestly I'd rather stick with Ashe, so that's a no.

I can't choose between Vayne, Nocturne or Darius. Which would you guys say is better?

Ken

So the doubt now becomes which champion to buy. Obviously one of the 6000+ ip as they cost the same in RP as any champions that costs more than 1350 ip.

I was leaning towards Renektor, but since he's gonna be free this week I might as well go with someone else.

Ezreal I tried on a friend's account and honestly I'd rather stick with Ashe, so that's a no.

I can't choose between Vayne, Nocturne or Darius. Which would you guys say is better?

Nocturne because darkness.

Hmm, just played Renektor... he's pretty awesome. All skills are great without him being OP. Pretty nice champ!

Edit:

Also, surrendering is so lame. People surrender way too much in this game just out of spite so the winning team won't get as much xp/ip. I can see now why so many people hate the LoL community, that's just being an asshole. And most people go along with it, which is what really ticks me off. =/

AcridMeat

Banned
You're going to blame people who get steamrolled for wanting the game to end? Really? Out of all the things to nitpick against the community...

Black-Box

they should just not let him have a ult at level 1 and have it cost mana and not let him get the ult till level 6

scy

Also, surrendering is so lame. People surrender way too much in this game just out of spite so the winning team won't get as much xp/ip. I can see now why so many people hate the LoL community, that's just being an asshole. And most people go along with it, which is what really ticks me off. =/

People surrender to get out of a shitty game faster like 99% of the time, not "lol less EXP/IP!" Maybe I've just not been in these games though.

they should just not let him have a ult at level 1 and have it cost mana and not let him get the ult till level 6

That would pretty much make him useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom