• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

I doubt people are doing that out of spite. Why continue to play a game you are obviously going to lose? May as well surrender and do something else, or get into another game which you have a chance of winning.

The surrenders I don't get are when both teams are fairly evenly matched. I've played games where as soon as it got to the 20min mark one team would just agree to surrender. Neither would be very far ahead in kills/cs/towers/gold/etc. People just say meh for no obvious reason that I could tell.

scy

I doubt people are doing that out of spite. Why continue to play a game you are obviously going to lose? May as well surrender and do something else, or get into another game which you have a chance of winning.

The surrenders I don't get are when both teams are fairly evenly matched. I've played games where as soon as it got to the 20min mark one team would just agree to surrender. Neither would be very far ahead in kills/cs/towers/gold/etc. People just say meh for no obvious reason that I could tell.

I've had a game where someone went AFK because they didn't get blue buff.

:|

Volimar

Ooh....augmented Singed looks pretty sweet.

Augmented_Singed_Comic.jpg

Kawl_USC

Fun games tonight guys. ARSR is the new thing to do.

Sorry for getting.... Acrid, I think?, gibbed by LB cause I valk'd out of the bush as Corki....
I just didn't want to die! :(

XeroSauce

You're going to blame people who get steamrolled for wanting the game to end? Really? Out of all the things to nitpick against the community...

The funny part is, you also get less IP for surrendering. If you are gonna surrender, just just having fun pushing side lanes and diving towers. Let them win anyways, and you end up having a funny game.

EXGN

Haha, so I totally threw a game uber bad. My team was winning but not by so much and we had no vision on the enemy team. There was a huge wave pushing top, but like an idiot I decided to clear the enemy wards from Dragon. Enemy team saw me and knocked out my team at top before I could respond, then took top inner tower, base tower, inhibitor and Nexus :(

It was pretty bad, and my duo bud got so mad at me he blocked me lol.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
man i just lost a ranked game and a daft game. both times not even my fault. not saying i am perfect, but what can your do when other people lose their lane hard, or if your taric keep rushing tower with leona guarding it. like honestly

man i just lost a ranked game and a daft game. both times not even my fault. not saying i am perfect, but what can your do when other people lose their lane hard, or if your taric keep rushing tower with leona guarding it. like honestly

Depending on your elo, if the enemy's snowballing hard, they'll probably make mistakes in terms of risk-taking and item builds.

As long as you can hold out and defend your towers, you can turn it around.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Depending on your elo, if the enemy's snowballing hard, they'll probably make mistakes in terms of risk-taking and item builds.

As long as you can hold out and defend your towers, you can turn it around.
my elo is reallllllly low, i ve lost 2 ranked games already. w/e i am just gonna turn in for the night and worry about it some other weekend,

Ken

Hmm, just played Renektor... he's pretty awesome. All skills are great without him being OP. Pretty nice champ!

Edit:

Also, surrendering is so lame. People surrender way too much in this game just out of spite so the winning team won't get as much xp/ip. I can see now why so many people hate the LoL community, that's just being an asshole. And most people go along with it, which is what really ticks me off. =/

The problem with Renekton is that he seems to fall off pretty hard late game. Otherwise, cool champion.

You're going to blame people who get steamrolled for wanting the game to end? Really? Out of all the things to nitpick against the community...

See that doesn't make sense to me. If you're losing, use the opportunity to learn. The game is fun too when you're losing... Quitting accomplishes nothing in no field of life.

Most times I'm playin with my brother, so surrender isn't even an issue, since the 2 of us basically make it impossible for a surrender to happen. And here's the kicker, then our teamates most of the times go and complain to the other team, lol... And guess what, they THANK us. Learn to lose, damnit. Someone must always lose, that's the whole point of the game. One of the teams is obviously having more fun that the other in 95% of game scenarios...

AcridMeat

Banned
Fun games tonight guys. ARSR is the new thing to do.

Sorry for getting.... Acrid, I think?, gibbed by LB cause I valk'd out of the bush as Corki....
I just didn't want to die! :(
No worries, I was just doing horribly and wanted a chance to get revenge.
See that doesn't make sense to me. If you're losing, use the opportunity to learn. The game is fun too when you're losing... Quitting accomplishes nothing in no field of life.

Most times I'm playin with my brother, so surrender isn't even an issue, since the 2 of us basically make it impossible for a surrender to happen. And here's the kicker, then our teamates most of the times go and complain to the other team, lol... And guess what, they THANK us. Learn to lose, damnit. Someone must always lose, that's the whole point of the game. One of the teams is obviously having more fun that the other in 95% of game scenarios...
There are plenty of people going solo in those queues, so they don't have someone else to make it fun for them. I'm stubborn as hell when it comes to surrendering, I usually vote no or not at all, but to chastise people who may not be having fun because you think they should be getting something out of it is foolish.

I don't try to assume what people who surrender are thinking. However, if I'm not having fun with a match, I'm going to want it to end. It's why I play with GAF exclusively so that we can at least salvage a horrible loss by making fun out of it. Most of the time anyway.

No worries, I was just doing horribly and wanted a chance to get revenge.

There are plenty of people going solo in those queues, so they don't have someone else to make it fun for them. I'm stubborn as hell when it comes to surrendering, I usually vote no or not at all, but to chastise people who may not be having fun because you think they should be getting something out of it is foolish.

I don't try to assume what people who surrender are thinking. However, if I'm not having fun with a match, I'm going to want it to end. It's why I play with GAF exclusively so that we can at least salvage a horrible loss by making fun out of it. Most of the time anyway.

I wholeheartedly get your point, but to me, it just makes no sense to surrender. I absolutely hate it when the other team surrenders, so I don't do it to them.

imo, this game could be perfect if: all champions had the same price; there were no runes; there were no masteries. I still preffer DotA because of those reasons.

Ken

I wholeheartedly get your point, but to me, it just makes no sense to surrender. I absolutely hate it when the other team surrenders, so I don't do it to them.

imo, this game could be perfect if: all champions had the same price; there were no runes; there were no masteries. I still preffer DotA because of those reasons.

Does DotA have anything in place of runes/masteries?

Ferrio

Banned
Hmm...I like how runes and masteries allow you to personalize champions to how you want them, but I guess your main complaint is acquiring them so this means nothing to you.

The personalization is mostly a illusion. Really so much you can do, and most what people do is the same damn thing.

Does DotA have anything in place of runes/masteries?

Hmm, wait, you mean you never tried DotA? Cmon dude, it's 1 click away. All champs are free, the game takes up very little space and you pretty much KNOW how to play the game already if you know how to play LoL. Plus, if you are one of the 4 people who don't own Warcraft 3, the game is really really cheap. OR...

Ken

Hmm, wait, you mean you never tried DotA? Cmon dude, it's 1 click away. All champs are free, the game takes up very little space and you pretty much KNOW how to play the game already if you know how to play LoL. Plus, if you are one of the 4 people who don't own Warcraft 3, the game is really really cheap. OR...

I played DotA 2 and I didn't like it.

Ken

I bet you I have a wholly unique rune page compared to anyone else in league.

I'm sure you'd win that bet.

Man I wish Mumble was on iPad so I could listen in on drunk Noshino and kisaya defending terrible cities.

Edit: oh wait, it looks like it is...

I'm sure you'd win that bet.

Man I wish Mumble was on iPad so I could listen in on drunk Noshino and kisaya defending terrible cities.

Edit: oh wait, it looks like it is...

On that subject, avoid Teamspeak on iPad at all costs! Generates insane amount of feedback for god knows what reason... oO

Anywho, went and bought Darius after some deliberation. And he's a fucking beast. The man needs to be nerfed, that much is clear. So... yeah, fun times!

Boken

Banned
Anyone know this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8RnGNnTxac&feature=plcp

Why is Sejuani conditionally useful
Collosus breaking forcefields!

The personalization is mostly a illusion. Really so much you can do, and most what people do is the same damn thing.

It's easier for most people to use similiar pages for a champion, but at pro play they have a large set of rune pages for most of their possible matchups. Personalisation is not an illusion though, people just like to follow guides. For example, running ArPen on J4 jungle means you gank harder but farm slower when compared to AS%. You just personalised your jungle style! :O I dunno about other lanes, but I know a lot of the pro mid players have different rune pages for the same champion and why? because they value different things - thats personalisation.

We're both waiting for your return ;3
There must be more to this story.

y2dvd

Had some great games last night where we just straight dominated. There was this one game where our Nunu disc, so it was 4v5. I rush to the middle of the map to catch any possible invasion. Sure enough, I catch two of enemy trying to sneak through. I contest as Ezreal and deal some dmg while taking some. 2 of my teammates catch up and hides in the bush. Top sees all of this and still goes top for whatever reason. Enemy team invades. It's essentially a 3v5 at this point. We actually defended and get first blood with no deaths!

I had to take the 2v1 lane bot against Trist and Taric and was able to take on both and out cs Trist lol. Warding the bush Taric would be camping out in does wonders. My jungler also did a great job communicating and helped out with ganking and warding for me. Jungling can be a stressful role as mentioned because every lane thinks you're free to be able to gank and it's just not the case. Just gotta try to communicate with each other. Our Nunu finally reconnected about 15 minutes into, but we snowballed so hard at that point, it didn't even matter.

I will always say this, if you're team is not going to invade at the very beginning, rush to cover the invasion points of the jungling. I was able to prevent 2 invasions last night just by rushing to the middle. There's no point in running straight to your lane and it's one of my biggest pet peeves seeing.

Boken

Banned
Anyone know this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8RnGNnTxac&feature=plcp

Why is Sejuani conditionally useful

UPDATE:
[–]Legitamte[Doctor Awesome] (NA) 56 points 15 hours ago

Former Riot Design Intern here!

As Yamidudes also explained in reply to this post, all artificial terrain is actually invulnerable, untargetable minions. Sej's charge, however, is untargeted, and knocks minions away from her in random orientations, which makes the charge look convincing as powerful and disruptive--even when hitting things that aren't supposed to move!

I assure you this interaction is unintentional--just the result of a missed flag somewhere. It is, however, totally cool.

EXGN

It's easier for most people to use similiar pages for a champion, but at pro play they have a large set of rune pages for most of their possible matchups. Personalisation is not an illusion though, people just like to follow guides. For example, running ArPen on J4 jungle means you gank harder but farm slower when compared to AS%. You just personalised your jungle style! :O I dunno about other lanes, but I know a lot of the pro mid players have different rune pages for the same champion and why? because they value different things - thats personalisation.

Yeah, like I know Wickd has a bunch of Riven set ups depending on his opponent. Pre-nerf Gangplank he would run HP regen quints, for example, but otherwise he would go movespeed.

It's just that most of us don't have the luxury of all that IP/runes.

scy

Good to know I can expect this much dumb when I get to ranked :x I just want people to stop pushing lanes to tower :( I need to keep playing ranged champs so I can at least do something when this happens.

I've yet to start a surrender vote but I'll vote yes if my team is a bunch of immature children ranting and raving in chat. I'm not going to sit there miserably while they bitch and moan. I don't mind playing it out but if I accept a surrender, it's because of my team being that annoying, not so much because we're losing the game.

...I mean, I guess I could just start muting people instead.

Blizzard

Banned
Ziggs' autoattacks do almost literally no damage, it's hilarious.
Early on I kept building Ziggs as an Explosive Teemo with his autoattack damage thing, but unfortunately it's time-based rather than attack-speed based like Caitlyn or Vayne.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Early on I kept building Ziggs as an Explosive Teemo with his autoattack damage thing, but unfortunately it's time-based rather than attack-speed based like Caitlyn or Vayne.
It's based on ability usage. So you can play Ziggs like a mage the way he is supposed to be played. Why would you want it to be attack speed based?

Blizzard

Banned
It's based on ability usage. So you can play Ziggs like a mage the way he is supposed to be played. Why would you want it to be attack speed based?
Because it's funny to build attack speed on characters who aren't supposed to have it. And he's a yordle, which means he's the same as Teemo basically, and I like Teemo.

Terrible and ineffective and everything, but still amusing.

Though if I recall correctly Ziggs might oddly have better base stats than some/most AD carries.

Are there any melee champs who actually fare well against ranged champs during lane? I wondered about it since I just had a game (me Vayne + Shen) against a Riven and Sejuani and they were just helpless. It didn't help that Shen was pretty good at his taunts so it was much easier to do Q->E combos to turn the lane into a buffet. I didn't even use a single potion, and I didn't need the lifesteal I usually build early on.

Neither side had a jungler. Mid tried to gank a few times but we always had wards at bot so we ate the ganks from mid.

Blizzard

Banned
Are there any melee champs who actually fare well against ranged champs during lane? I wondered about it since I just had a game (me Vayne + Shen) against a Riven and Sejuani and they were just helpless. It didn't help that Shen was pretty good at his taunts so it was much easier to do Q->E combos to turn the lane into a buffet. I didn't even use a single potion, and I didn't need the lifesteal I usually build early on.

Neither side had a jungler. Mid tried to gank a few times but we always had wards at bot so we ate the ganks from mid.
I think it generally depends on how bad the ranged players are, and whether the melee people can heal/farm/harass/get jungle ganks enough early on. If melee does well early then they can just keep harassing the ranged out of lane unless the ranged can farm well under a turret, since melee typically ends up being tanker by the end.

Mostly the strategy involves getting bad ranged players on the other team. I think I destroyed an Ashe and Teemo top lane combo as Riven solo once, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't because I was a good Riven or anything.

Wrekt

Wukong does pretty well in my experience. Using his gap closer to get into melee range w/ steroid, then the clone to get back out of range means he can keep the ranged zone very well.

Edit: You just have to be careful against high sustain champs like Vlad. Using his E + W during trades means you will be OOM pretty regularly.

scy

I dunno, I usually don't have much issue with Riven vs a ranged lane. Play passive and punish them overstepping their bounds by E -> W and Qing away. Chances are that I'll win any trades due to her kit, assuming I didn't let you snowball / I don't suck at farm, so I just take what I can get until 6; earlier Riven ult against two lower level people in lane tends to go in my favor, especially if I kept my farm up and managed to score a Doran's or two (assuming I had the opportunity to back anyway).

But I'm also against bad players typically so I get to free farm near/under tower a lot in these scenarios rather than spending most the time stuck exposed in the middle of lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom