• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

Yup. I'm talking about ones that are:

- full health guy farming in lane with no one nearby to take advantage of a hit
- not even close to hitting anyone at all

I've seen people try to hinder Baron attempts and missed Baron's area entirely. I get the ones you mention since ... that is what you use them for. That's kind of why globals are nice. I just mean the ones that clearly screwed up and chose to ult someone that changes absolutely nothing if it hits or the ones that miss so badly that I wonder if they actually aimed it instead of just hitting R and clicking somewhere. I get those two Ashe players more often than not and it saddens me :(

Whatttt

How do you miss the general Baron area, the indicator goes to wherever your mouse is.

Do people just aim approximately near them hoping they get the angle right?

scy

Whatttt

How do you miss the general Baron area, the indicator goes to wherever your mouse is.

Do people just aim approximately near them hoping they get the angle right?

Seriously :( I've seen some bad, bad shots that make me question everything I know about life.

Or maybe they're just trolling. Same result, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nice!

My first steal was with MF ult, felt so good.
Yeah, I went back to base with such a big grin on my face hehe. I must've tried about ten times before to get Baron with the laser but I always miscalculate and shoot it too late, and now I just got lucky with my E.

Also, I think it's pretty decent to just throw your ult with Ez while you're in base so when you get to your lane your enemies (or some teammate's) are a little more hurt than you are. You shouldn't do it every time, since they have potions/health regen, but if you feel it'll give you the upper hand, if you're in base, chances are you're not gonna be fighting too hard in a bit. (just relating to what I do with Lux's, since at most I've seen my brother play him, and he's pretty bad at him :p)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But if they make Evelynn better, I won't know who to say as my goto "bad" champion!
She might still be bad. It's my understanding that her remake came together much more slowly than Twitch. I kind of have more hope for him, but I'm interested to see what they do with both.

scy

She might still be bad. It's my understanding that her remake came together much more slowly than Twitch. I kind of have more hope for him, but I'm interested to see what they do with both.

Yeah, I'm curious either way. I kind of hope Evelynn is improved just to see if they managed to find a way to rework that Stealth for her and get her functional but not ridiculous. Should be interesting.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oh my gosh... I feel super stupid because I'm a writer but that was way too long for me to read. I could not stay interested at all... Anyway, do we know the ETA on that patch?

Wrekt

I'm interested to see if the new Eve can shake up the meta a bit. With the current meta she only really fits into the jungle, but I could see her used in some kind of roaming/kill lane hybrid.

Blizzard

Banned
"She’s still a strong duelist and ganker thanks to her stealthy nature, enhanced mobility and high damage output."'

I never thought of Eve as having much high damage output, but I guess if she got phantom dancers and bloodthirsters stacked, maybe. :p

Overall the stuff sounds cool.

But Eve is getting permastealth and wards won't work on her. Sounds pretty long term to me.
Didn't the descriptions say that she will be stealthed when not near enemy champions, unless she walks past a vision ward? Or did you mean only normal wards?

Flare

They both sound really strong. I can already imaging Eve's ganks. Wanna see them in action though before I make a complete judgment.

dimb

Didn't the descriptions say that she will be stealthed when not near enemy champions, unless she walks past a vision ward? Or did you mean only normal wards?
It's my understanding that Eve doesn't play by the rules of anti-stealth mechanics. Oracles and pink wards will not detect her, you simply have to come in to range of her.

zkylon

zkylewd
Once at the start of a match when someone on my team went mid after I did, I got them to leave by spamming her laugh.
Nice. Just when you thought Lux couldn't get any more utility, you realize her madly laugh will haunt you in your dreams.

Also, those stealth rebalance things sound amazing. Both were frightening enough as they were, even if everybody said Evelyn sucked ass, so it's gonna make playing against them all the more nerve wrecking.

Flare

It's my understanding that Eve doesn't play by the rules of anti-stealth mechanics. Oracles and pink wards will not detect her, you simply have to come in to range of her.

"Eve’s passive is now Shadow Walk. From Level 1, Evelynn is stealthed, meaning she can only be seen by enemy champions within a relatively short range of her, or when she passes through true sight (e.g., Vision Wards). She becomes unstealthed whenever she enters combat and reenters stealth after a brief cooldown once out of combat. "

Basically, everytime she enters the short range near enemy champs, they'll see her. They will also see her when she passes by a pink ward/oracle carrying player or when she enters combat.

Blizzard

Banned

Even though the page you linked says:

Riot said:
Eve’s new stealth

Eve’s passive is now Shadow Walk. From Level 1, Evelynn is stealthed, meaning she can only be seen by enemy champions within a relatively short range of her, or when she passes through true sight (e.g., Vision Wards). She becomes unstealthed whenever she enters combat and reenters stealth after a brief cooldown once out of combat.

*edit* Already beaten with the same quote. :(

Flare

Oh, pink wards do work on her. I misread another post. Oracles doesn't extend vision range on her though, so it doesn't really effect her: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26756578#26756578

But then he goes on to say:
Wait, this may not be true. Disregard, details on this aren't final!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26756872#26756872

Edit: Nevermind
To clarify Oracle's interaction vs. Eve:

It has no effect on her. This is because the range of Oracle's detection is actually shorter than Eve's natural stealth detection range. So there is no real difference between an enemy with Oracle's and an enemy without Oracle's in terms of detecting Eve.

Vision Wards (and clever Sight Wards) though are fairly effective against her.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26757242#26757242

Blizzard

Banned
To imagine how well that would work, think how well an Eve currently works if the entire other team has Oracles? That would mean she would be practically trying to gank from a bush with a sprint ability...doesn't sound super great to me.

Having stealth range BEYOND Oracles range seems to get rid of a main point of the stealth, being able to walk on top of someone in preparation for an attack -- or being able to check bushes where enemies are.

What sort of counterjungling would you be able to do if anyone can simply see you when you're in nearby sight range?

AcridMeat

Banned
Your points are ignoring the fact that she's one of the only ones who can stealth. It'd be the same as any other jungler.

The way I read the stealth range is that it'd be akin to if you first spot any other gank. Thing is she still doesn't really have an initiate, so I'd think you would rely on the lane to start a fight.

Blizzard

Banned
Your points are ignoring the fact that she's one of the only ones who can stealth. It'd be the same as any other jungler.

The way I read the stealth range is that it'd be akin to if you first spot any other gank. Thing is she still doesn't really have an initiate, so I'd think you would rely on the lane to start a fight.
I just don't feel like a squishy junglers without much CC would be effective at depending on the lane to initiate most/all fights, unless they really buff something on her (CC, speed, damage).

And saying it'd be the same as any other jungler ignores the fact that my two points were two of the main unique and desirable traits she had. I don't really see much point to stealth if champions negate it, except maybe getting past normal wards.

And the only person who will play Evelynn after the rework will be crackbabierjr.
Kiunch 24/7 Eve

AcridMeat

Banned
I never said it was insignificant, it just feels like an under utilization of the elixir to me for the range it gives.
I'm just saying that was its primary use all along. At least to me.
I just don't feel like a squishy junglers without much CC would be effective at depending on the lane to initiate most/all fights, unless they really buff something on her (CC, speed, damage).

And saying it'd be the same as any other jungler ignores the fact that my two points were two of the main unique and desirable traits she had. I don't really see much point to stealth if champions negate it, except maybe getting past normal wards.
Well they're buffing all 3 of those things?

And your point was they'd see you while counterjungling, it's not like you're stealth while attacking anyway. I didn't think the point of counterjungling is to find and kill the other jungler. What were you saying again?

dimb

To imagine how well that would work, think how well an Eve currently works if the entire other team has Oracles? That would mean she would be practically trying to gank from a bush with a sprint ability...doesn't sound super great to me.

Having stealth range BEYOND Oracles range seems to get rid of a main point of the stealth, being able to walk on top of someone in preparation for an attack -- or being able to check bushes where enemies are.

What sort of counterjungling would you be able to do if anyone can simply see you when you're in nearby sight range?
I don't really see how she would be a bad counterjungler. With the invisibility passive she will have a lot of power roaming. The point of stealth isn't to excuse inability to position or gank properly. It isn't to make Evelynn a free ward. You should know where the enemy is on the map. Evelynn's advantage will be that she can remain under the radar until she comes out to gank.
She will be fast. She has her new ultimate. She is going to come in on players and likely be very deadly. A ganker shouldn't really need invisibility beyond the basic range around someone. By the time you come in the gank is in progress, otherwise you are often wasting time.
I never said it was insignificant, it just feels like an under utilization of the elixir to me for the range it gives.
Ward control and oracles is crucial to map control, one of the most essential points of the game. Controlling the enemies vision is what oracles is based around and why it is used in games. I don't like gold sinks as a counter to stealth because it means the stealth champs fall off late game.
Man I just fucking hate when I pop my W and guys just drop a Sight Ward in it like it's nothing. DONT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND YOUU MAKE ME FEEL POWERLESS AND SAD
Watch what items enemies have and come back to lane with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom