• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

I finally created a smurf account last night to play with my noobie friends. I think I'm finally noticing that minions regen health a little bit. I'm hitting them for so weak that I can visually see the slight regen. Could be a visual bug maybe.

I played Amumu jungle. Kinda funny to see it still viable at level 1 lol. Noobies just can't deal with jungle ganks!

Oh gawd, not looking forward to the long IP grind. @_@

Volimar

I had some fun ARAMs last night. Lost a few (sorry Acrid) but won a few as well. I did surprisingly well with Sona. I'm not used to playing support, though she's got to be one of the easiest supports to play. Also, maybe it's just me, but skillshots seem to go oddly when you're playing from the top right side of Proving Grounds. Also, the ARAMs kept trying to stick me with Renekton...

garath

My first champ was katarina. This was before I knew they did champion rotations. I played on a Monday, then tried to play kat again on a Wed and was so sad she was gone. So I played Irelia for the entire week. Bought her later with my first 6300 ip.

garath

I just bought Riven. Need to get the hang of her in the jungle and top. Right now I only play Nocturne or Shyvana when I need to jungle and I only have Vlad and Irelia top. I need to broaden my horizons if I'm going to start playing ranked.

scy

I just bought Riven. Need to get the hang of her in the jungle and top. Right now I only play Nocturne or Shyvana when I need to jungle and I only have Vlad and Irelia top. I need to broaden my horizons if I'm going to start playing ranked.

<3 Riven top. Honestly, I think I'm doing half as good as I am in LoL because Riven is really good at top and I can snowball with her so well. Q -> W start lets me aggressively force trades early on and just win my lane and carry the rest of the game. Helps that her mobility and damage output is so good too.

Plus, QQQ to get to lane faster makes it somehow less boring of a run back. Somehow.

XeroSauce

My first champion was Teemo because he was free and he looked simple enough.

Mushrooms became my favorite thing and I did nothing but place mushrooms everywhere, in lane, on fountain, everywhere.

When I found out that I could teleport to mushrooms my world turned upside down.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pubstomping in Ranked using Akali. lolz. Pink wards don't stop me in 1v1 unless you're a tank bro. lolololol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Aw, I miss Akali but her real price to me is like 14k with the extra rune page and AD runes I need to buy for her. I never got to trying smartcasting her combo. Speaking of which, I did an all smartcasting run of Lux yesterday and got pretty decent results. I'm still a little weary of screwing up my laser but well.

It doesn't help that this week's rotation has nothing of interest for me.

Blizzard

Banned
Both of Akali's passives can be triggered without getting an extra rune page, as far as I could tell. I just used my AD/armor/magic resist page, and bought a magic book, and the passives were there.

Of course that's probably terrible and super pros probably use AP magic quints or something.

If you use some other variant with less AP, you can also bring ignite and drop that for the extra AP boost from masteries.

zkylon

zkylewd
Both of Akali's passives can be triggered without getting an extra rune page, as far as I could tell. I just used my AD/armor/magic resist page, and bought a magic book, and the passives were there.

Of course that's probably terrible and super pros probably use AP magic quints or something.

If you use some other variant with less AP, you can also bring ignite and drop that for the extra AP boost from masteries.
I have a rune page for Lux and another one for Malph, so I already have the quints and the mag pen marks, I just need the extra rune page and two AD marks. Unless I take away Malph's, who could probably do pretty well with Lux's. Maybe that could work.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I don't think you have to be a super pro to know that being behind on stats and having to buy a book and one pot is terrible.

Ferrio

Banned
Your goal of an AD/AP is to first win your lane... not roam. Movement quints although nifty, do not help you in winning your lane.

garath

Your goal of an AD/AP is to first win your lane... not roam. Movement quints although nifty, do not help you in winning your lane.

For AD, absolutely. But for AP, there is something to be said about the movement quints. Certain champs really benefit from the higher movement speed to secure that lane as well as roam to get fed enough to stomp it even harder. Also if you are facing a skillshot champ, movement speed = dodge speed.

Katarina, Vlad and Ryze are all champs I think I'd use MS quints over AP. But I'm still experimenting.

Ferrio

Banned
For AD, absolutely. But for AP, there is something to be said about the movement quints. Certain champs really benefit from the higher movement speed to secure that lane as well as roam to get fed enough to stomp it even harder. Also if you are facing a skillshot champ, movement speed = dodge speed.

Katarina, Vlad and Ryze are all champs I think I'd use MS quints over AP. But I'm still experimenting.

Ya you need roaming more for AP than AD to help gank top/bot, but still your priority is to win your lane.

garath

Ya you need roaming more for AP than AD to help gank top/bot, but still your priority is to win your lane.

Part of my thought process is also taking the ratios of those champs into account. Vlad for example has a .6 AP ratio on his Q. The starting 15 AP gives him 8 extra damage per Q. I know it adds up but with the short range, the movement speed will help his poke by getting into range quicker.

Like I said, I'm struggling with it and still can't make up my mind.

Q8D3vil

except movement quint help you throughout the game like micro (kiting and dodging skillshots), ganks and chase escaping opponents.

i find them pretty helpful on slow champions like shen, chogath and darius.

edit: of course they are not good on carries.

Boken

Banned

Right, it's not about roaming. However, MS quints give you a more favourable late game compared to other runes. It's really a preference question, do you want a better late game or a better early game? Before the days of PD on every AD carry, MS runes were a very viable choice on AD carries. Aggressive laners or really slow non-AD carries can also take MS quints like Ryze or Vlad (both aggressive laners AND slow ms)

Boken

Banned
What? Screw the Ahri skin, look at that god damn Malphite. Frosty shockwaves for everybody.

I have to say, Riot's skins have been amazing lately (maybe this is part of their new business plan to head against DotA2 - all champions free, amazing skins to encourage you to spend RP more often!
haha i wish
)

zkylon

zkylewd
Ahri's moan when dying is...um...distracting :p

Don't really like new Malph, but the new particle effects on his E are beautiful :D

Ken

Ahri's moan when dying is...um...distracting :p

You get used to it
after watching her sound file videos on YouTube several times in English and Korean.

Going to have so many things to buy once I get back. Purchase history will look silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom