• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I hope the Eve rework will encourage people to ward enemy wraiths more often and not rely on the support to make a trip there just to ward it. :I

It won't but one can dream.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I hope the Eve rework will encourage people to ward enemy wraiths more often and not rely on the support to make a trip there just to ward it. :I

It won't but one can dream.
This is mids job really, but I don't see it anywhere near enough in our games.

Ken

This is mids job really.

"It's the support's job to buy all the wards. Ever. Single. One." - More than one solo queue random.

I wish I had screen captured the time someone told me "you don't need wards if you're good enough" and that they are a waste of money and then got ganked repeatedly.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wouldn't the Eve rework still make people hug their tower and play super defensive? By the time she got into your vision, it is already too late to run, or she could be walk and hide in the lane bush without minion pushing.

Blizzard

Banned
And your point was they'd see you while counterjungling, it's not like you're stealth while attacking anyway. I didn't think the point of counterjungling is to find and kill the other jungler. What were you saying again?
Sorry, counterjungling was just a comment because normally you could counterjungle while stealthed to spy on someone and maybe take their red (won't work now if they're in the bush).

My main two points were that hiding on top of someone in preparation for a gank won't work, and checking bushes for enemies while stealthed won't work, and those were two of the things I thought were best about Eve. Sure, depending on how much they buff her otherwise, she might be able to gank with her ult or something. I'll wait and see.

Ken

Wouldn't the Eve rework still make people hug their tower and play super defensive? By the time she got into your vision, it is already too late to run, or she could be walk and hide in the lane bush without minion pushing.

Her only CC is her new ultimate, right? Depending on the percentage and range of the slow it shouldn't be impossible to escape. Guess we'll find out soon. Didn't read into the changes a whole lot because I don't think I'll ever play her unless she gets a new skin.

AcridMeat

Banned
Sorry, counterjungling was just a comment because normally you could counterjungle while stealthed to spy on someone and maybe take their red (won't work now if they're in the bush).

My main two points were that hiding on top of someone in preparation for a gank won't work, and checking bushes for enemies while stealthed won't work, and those were two of the things I thought were best about Eve. Sure, depending on how much they buff her otherwise, she might be able to gank with her ult or something. I'll wait and see.
Ahh okay. I think in that case it's differing opinions in what Riot wants Eve to be. I think Twitch sounds more like what you're talking about now. My guess is his stealth will be 10s max, which I think is what his level 1 is currently.

dimb

My main two points were that hiding on top of someone in preparation for a gank won't work, and checking bushes for enemies while stealthed won't work, and those were two of the things I thought were best about Eve.
Neither of these things are very useful to teams. These buffs are designed around making Eve and Twitch fit into the meta and be consistent throughout the game. Just getting better AOE clearing will be a huge buff to Eve.

Ken

LoL FB: who was the first champion you ever played?

Blitzcrank was my first because he was free and a robot. Had no idea what to do and bought his recommended items. I guess I helped cement the veracity of that free Blitz comic.

zkylon

zkylewd
I started up with Leona, since she was on free rotation and she looked alright, but I did not have much of a good time with her. Next week I tried Malph and by then I was hooked :)

I tried a bit of Ashe in between Leona and Malph but didn't like her much either.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Everyone's answer should be Ashe.

I know the first three I played were Ashe, Nunu, and Veigar.

The only 3 answers should be Ashe, Ryze, or Garen. Since only those 3 are available for the tutorial. (I would hope most people start with the tutorials...)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Her only CC is her new ultimate, right? Depending on the percentage and range of the slow it shouldn't be impossible to escape. Guess we'll find out soon. Didn't read into the changes a whole lot because I don't think I'll ever play her unless she gets a new skin.

Don't underestimate red buff, true damage and slow. If other side have hard cc and flash+ignite, it'll be impossible to get away. That will just mean you will run every time your opponent go aggressive because eve could be right behind you.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
LoL FB: who was the first champion you ever played?

Blitzcrank was my first because he was free and a robot. Had no idea what to do and bought his recommended items. I guess I helped cement the veracity of that free Blitz comic.
shen because he was a ninja and he was free (i didn't know that at the time) and extremely shitty. so i quit playing for like a year.

came back to it because i saw xero was playing it and i was playing it all wrong.

Volimar

Played a couple fun Random Murder Bridge games with Rioters lately. One I had Nunu who i hadn't played in months, and I did surprisingly well. Then I just did one and got Lux, who I'm usually good with. It started out well, but I got outclassed pretty quick. And my skillshots never seemed to go quite the right direction. Maybe I'm just not used to Murder Bridge yet.

Ken

The only 3 answers should be Ashe, Ryze, or Garen. Since only those 3 are available for the tutorial. (I would hope most people start with the tutorials...)

The tutorial was bugged when I started playing (froze at the fountain) so I just went into a bot game.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't underestimate red buff, true damage and slow. If other side have hard cc and flash+ignite, it'll be impossible to get away. That will just mean you will run every time your opponent go aggressive because eve could be right behind you.
No, that's the current reason Eve is fun and makes people paranoid -- Eve could be right behind them/on top of them.

After the change, it will be how you'd feel if you knew Eve could be "right behind you", where "right behind" you is out of oracles elixir range. It kind of turns it into the same you'd feel about most other junglers, unless slow/ult/damage is powerful enough to counteract it (with again the result that it's similar to other mediocre junglers).

Ken

Posted?

548086_10151906416935556_1386196975_n.jpg

Zyra, Rise of the Thorns

So Eve's now:
Passive: permastealth
Q: same but longer range and more targets
W: movespeed steroid
E: same
R: range AoE that slows

She seems like she'd be a pretty darn good jungler with a better Q. If she can hit 3 (or more) targets at once she might even be faster than Phoenix Udyr but more fragile.
Eve Lv1 Q -- 25 to main, 12.5 to others (every 0.8s)
Udyr Lv1 R -- 19 to all every 1.0s, 44 to main every ~3.0s

Paired with the MS steroid she'd be pretty fast.

Given the longer Q range and MS steroid, sounds like she'd actually also be viable in lane now (top).

I really respect that Riot has taken such a bold new direction with their female heroes and aren't pandering to sexual exploitation/T&A lovers anymore.

DAT ASS

dimb

I saw Maokai top, Cho jungle, and Draven bot on streams today. Things are weird. I copied TheOddOne's gold per ten Nunu jungle build but I still need to try it out.

My first champ was Zilean back in beta. I was mid against a Cho Gath who I thought was incredibly OP with his invisible AOE knockup and his gigantic size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom