• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys guys

okay

guys

guys listen

so take aram right?

okay now imagine on the 20th everyone on blue team says "DESHI DESHI" and the other team replies "BASARA BASARA" really loudy

yesssss

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Blizzard

Banned
Trouble with AR on SR is it's just no fun if you got dealt a bad hand. Least in proving ground you're given gold, and the matches are short if they're too lopsided. SR you just have to wait for the misery to end.
I agree with this. I seem to recall that you actually get a tiny bit of IP if proving grounds lasts 30 minutes, too. I'd almost like them to add matchmaking and some small amount of IP for the mode, but I'm afraid if the IP is too tied to winning then people will get more upset about the randomness screwing them over.

Ferrio

Banned
I agree with this. I seem to recall that you actually get a tiny bit of IP if proving grounds lasts 30 minutes, too. I'd almost like them to add matchmaking and some small amount of IP for the mode, but I'm afraid if the IP is too tied to winning then people will get more upset about the randomness screwing them over.

I don't think anyone cares about IP much other than you.

Ferrio

Banned
I suspect solo queue people care about winning if you get a bonus tied to winning.

Am I the only person who buys champions with IP? :(

No, but I usually have enough IP to buy a champion when I want one. I was sitting on 10k of it until I picked up Mao this week.

Blizzard

Banned
No, but I usually have enough IP to buy a champion when I want one. I was sitting on 10k of it until I picked up Mao this week.
3k here, plant lady is about to come out for 6300, and virtually any champion I'm interested in or curious about is another 6300. I don't even have a third rune page because that'd be yet another 6300.

Ferrio

Banned
3k here, plant lady is about to come out for 6300, and virtually any champion I'm interested in or curious about is another 6300. I don't even have a third rune page because that'd be yet another 3600.

You only have 3 rune pages? You play a lot... what do you spend your ip on?

brian!

I have 3 rune pages and only some champions, but I'm ok with that, playing with gaf recently results in 0 ip for all those customs.

Volimar

3k here, plant lady is about to come out for 6300, and virtually any champion I'm interested in or curious about is another 6300. I don't even have a third rune page because that'd be yet another 3600.

OMG, I had no idea you could use IP on rune pages. I know what I'm saving up for.

My framerate has been shit lately for some reason. I used to be able to run the game at max settings and get 60 FPS, but now it runs at 2-11 FPS with the same settings. Reducing the graphic effects helped a bit (got to 20-30 FPS), but it's still no 60. What gives? The game refuses to save my settings as well, like scaling down the HUD.

Flare

Riot's new AFK detection feature for matchmaking:
In a few minutes we're going to turn on a new AFK detection feature we've been working on and we could use your help testing it out. The feature should help keep afk players out of champion select and give players the ability to decline a game that has been found for them. Please give the new feature a try and let us know if you like it or not and if you find any bugs with it.

Thanks guys!!

Here are some of the rules for the new system:

- When the queue pops, each player should receive a dialog box asking them to confirm or decline their newly found game.
- Players who click ACCEPT are shown real-time status markers for all other players in their game.
- When all 10 players click ACCEPT they are moved into champ select.
- If any player FAILS TO ACCEPT the game is canceled and one of the following should occur:

- Solo players who accepted are returned to the queue
- Solo players who declined or failed to make a choice are removed from the queue
- Arranged teams of any size whose members all accepted will be returned to the queue
- Arranged teams of any size who had one or more members decline will be returned to the arranged team lobby.

- Players should receive appropriate messaging if their game fails to start
- Players should NOT receive queue dodge or leaver penalties associated with declining a game or being AFK prior to entering champ select.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26806012#post26806012

Blizzard

Banned
I think it's funny. Most of you guys have trouble playing more than two champions though so I could see how it'd be hard.
This is funny and everything, but just in case you're being serious -- you seem to be criticizing people and objecting constantly in this thread, yet didn't you post earlier that you had a lower ELO than me (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39431372&postcount=12660)? And I'm terrible compared to some other GAF people! I'm just barely over the starting ELO of 1200.

It just seems like you're being overly harsh for your record, considering I thought there were some people with decent ratings (1500+) who play regularly. Maybe some people have trouble with more than two champions, like me, but it just seems like a mean thing to say.

scy

Lol, why are there so many people with skins running around? I never really got what type of idiot spends money on cosmetic items in a game.

I converted Diablo 3 RMAH earnings to some RP and bought very few champs with it. I have quite a bit of RP saved up and getting to the point I can just grind IP for the champs I want so ... not much to spend RP on besides skins.

So ... eh.

This is funny and everything, but just in case you're being serious -- you seem to be criticizing people and objecting constantly in this thread, yet didn't you post earlier that you had a lower ELO than me (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39431372&postcount=12660)? And I'm terrible compared to some other GAF people! I'm just barely over the starting ELO of 1200.

It just seems like you're being overly harsh for your record, considering I thought there were some people with decent ratings (1500+) who play regularly. Maybe some people have trouble with more than two champions, like me, but it just seems like a mean thing to say.

Soda is a meanie, but I don't think he plays rank very often or at all(except for the few ranked 5's we did about a month ago). Solo que is kinda annoying too because the 6 games I have played of it this season have been 5v4's or 4v5's so its hard to judge a persons rating sometimes in the few games he has probably played of ranked. Also, he might be saying things that sound mean, but sometimes you just need to hear what you are doing wrong, some constructive criticism can be helpful(because the champions that people limit themselves to are always beneficial to the team as a whole, so that might be where he is coming from). Or maybe I am just use to him yelling at me by now and it does not bother me. And the only way you are not going to have trouble with more than two champions is to go out and try new ones.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I am just talking mess in a not very serious way. Relax.

Koomaster

Lol, why are there so many people with skins running around? I never really got what type of idiot spends money on cosmetic items in a game.
Not right to call people idiots for buying skins when that is why the game is free for you to play in the first place. No one spent any money on the game otherwise so if they want to spend $5, $10 or more on buying skins, what is the big deal?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not right to call people idiots for buying skins when that is why the game is free for you to play in the first place. No one spent any money on the game otherwise so if they want to spend $5, $10 or more on buying skins, what is the big deal?

With the free RP, I got the Frost Janna Skin and I was thinking of throwing a fiver over for the Hextech, once its on sale

Achtius

BotLane.png

KS Sona is back

People value things differently than you, news at eleven. Seriously though it's all subjective dude, just cause you don't agree with something doesn't make it stupid. If people have the disposable income and want to spend it on a skin then who cares? It affects you in no way.

Achtius

People value things differently than you, news at eleven. Seriously though it's all subjective dude, just cause you don't agree with something doesn't make it stupid. If people have the disposable income and want to spend it on a skin then who cares? It affects you in no way.

it actually does, the skin that other people paid for funds the game :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
BTW this is like a blatant rip-off of Dota 2's mechanics.
It's the right way to do things. It's not exactly the same. Dota throws you straight into the game on champ select. League still buffers between that and the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom