• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Decided to play Akali again since I haven't done so in a long time.

Still as op as I remember.
Why not play her a bunch and build up a win streak then? She's supposedly countered at high levels by decent players and/or pink wards but you might do well otherwise.

Ken

amumu is such a great jungler. i might not even need to buy noc which means i can buy the new champ day one with IP if i want and still have left over for amumu (assuming i can play enough games in time)

I've only played Amumu once or twice because of his OP Sad Robot skin's laugh, but now that they nerfed it I no longer wish to play him.

Maybe if they released crackbabierjr's "Almost A Skin Amumu" I'd play him again.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
He's very easy to counter jungle though, can't count the number of times I've seen a poor Amumu get ganked at his own reds by a Noc or Mundo.
I've only played Amumu once or twice because of his OP Sad Robot skin's laugh, but now that they nerfed it I no longer wish to play him.

Maybe if they released crackbabierjr's "Almost A Skin Amumu" I'd play him again.
well that sucks.

i have noticed hes pretty weak. all he really has is (weak) CC and his W

Ken

^Saplings Vs. Ghouls

well that sucks.

i have noticed hes pretty weak. all he really has is (weak) CC and his W

Weak CC? His bandage toss and ultimate are pretty incredible CC.

Being able to Q through walls and gank is terrifying. If you think his CC is weak for a jungler, don't jungle anyone who isn't Nautilus then. :p

Oh, art spotlight for Zira came out. Can only see a thumbnail of it but she looks kind of bad. Hopefully her skin is decent.

Art spotlight for Zyra

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
People who buy skins are idiots and are bringing about the downfall of America.

Or something like that.

I actually got bitched at by my team for not having skin while they all had some. This is discrimination man, blitzcrank is a robot, why would he have skin?

Ken

I actually got bitched at by my team for not having skin while they all had some. This is discrimination man, blitzcrank is a robot, why would he have skin?

Blitzcrank should have a Terminator skin that's half human and half robot. He should also gain an Austrian accent.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Any of you LoL people playing in the Smite beta? I've played like 5 or 6 matches so far, and I'm not totally sure how I feel about it all.

PS: Also I'm in a giving mood so if you give me a good reason I might throw out my extra Smite Beta Key to LoL-GAF.

Ferrio

Banned
Any of you LoL people playing in the Smite beta? I've played like 5 or 6 matches so far, and I'm not totally sure how I feel about it all.

PS: Also I'm in a giving mood so if you give me a good reason I might throw out my extra Smite Beta Key to LoL-GAF.

Haven't played in a month or so. Fun side amusement, but lacks any sort of depth right now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Should Riot not strive to make a better base model? Instead, you're encouraging them to do the opposite.
They do make better base models though. And some people prefer the base. Singed just got spell effect updates because of work they did on one of his new skins.
A ministun with huge range and puts you right next to them.

Only other character that has better CC would be Ali or blitz.
It's not a stun, unless you mean your bandage. And there are plenty of characters with better CC.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
They do make better base models though. And some people prefer the base. Singed just got spell effect updates because of work they did on one of his new skins.

They do, I recognize that. Their models have gotten a LOT better since the game released.

Ferrio

Banned

It's not a stun, unless you mean your bandage. And there are plenty of characters with better CC.

I mean his kit as a whole.

His bandage is one of the best stuns in the game. HUGE range, non targetable, reels you in. Only stuns for 1 second, but it's got a pretty good CD. His ult is aoe, huge and for 2 seconds. Ya it doesn't stun, but it roots and keeps AD carries from doing damage.

Someone labeling that as "weak cc" is out of their mind.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
the cool down for his ulti is WAY too long. and his Q is a mini stun at best.

You only need to use Amumu's ult once, it can turn the fight around, his Q is basically Leona's E+Q combined into one single spell. He can also jungle without latern, which mean he can jungle with double gp5.

One thing he had above other tank is he also does respectable damage in mid to late game due to his % health/s aoe damage. You can actually peel off someone attacking your ad carry or pressuring their softy pretty easy.

If you're team only have 1 ap carry, amumu will be a lot better than other ad jungle since they can just buy armor to counter 4 of your team.

Amumu with rushing either rylais/abyssal(depending on opponent damage) is actually pretty scary mid game.

Ya it doesn't stun, but it roots and keeps AD carries from doing damage.

It shut down ad carry also:

Amumu entangles surrounding enemy units, dealing magic damage and rendering them unable to move or use autoattacks for 2 seconds.

Why not play her a bunch and build up a win streak then? She's supposedly countered at high levels by decent players and/or pink wards but you might do well otherwise.

I don't know why. When I find a champion I do really well with, I will often stop playing them in favor of champions that I don't do well with.

Sounds weird but it's mostly how I select which champs to play. Maybe I think that I should spend more time on those I'm not so good with so I can be better, than with a champion I'm already good at playing.

Although, Akali isn't difficult to play.

I made the mistake of trying a normal game. Got a troll eve who proceeded to feed the enemy Ashe repeatedly intentionally.

Can't say I've had that in a ranked game before. In ranked games people always try to build a good team composition.

Which is why I think League is a more pleasant solo experience than say Dota2 where everyone wants to be the carry resulting in frequent 4 carry 1 support situations which are pretty much doomed to failure.

Blizzard

Banned
I made the mistake of trying a normal game. Got a troll eve who proceeded to feed the enemy Ashe repeatedly intentionally.

Can't say I've had that in a ranked game before. In ranked games people always try to build a good team composition.

Which is why I think League is a more pleasant solo experience than say Dota2 where everyone wants to be the carry resulting in frequent 4 carry 1 support situations which are pretty much doomed to failure.
I've only seen it in ranked once, but it was spectacular. They announced in the lobby and everything, and fed like 15-20 kills intentionally into enemies and turrets.

dimb

Someone labeling that as "weak cc" is out of their mind.
Oh, I missed that someone called it weak. Amumu is strong for all the reasons Kiunch mentioned. His damage is super high for how tanky he is, his passive is great, and he has a lot of control. I would still say his ultimate is outclassed by Malphite's, Naut's, and Sejuani's though.

I do feel like Amumu doesn't have great matchups versus many of the popular junglers out there right now. His ganking also feels really weak, and it can really feel like you are sacrificing your long C/D team fight ultimate just to gank well. I would guess that's why someone might think he has weak CC.

Worth mentioning: Riot is retiring old legendary skins. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2349423
No sale. Not really sure why they don't just drop the price if they don't feel the quality is the same as that of their other legendary skins.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know why. When I find a champion I do really well with, I will often stop playing them in favor of champions that I don't do well with.

Sounds weird but it's mostly how I select which champs to play. Maybe I think that I should spend more time on those I'm not so good with so I can be better, than with a champion I'm already good at playing.

Although, Akali isn't difficult to play.

You're starting out with full runeset or something? Because I find Akali pretty difficult, at least in the "not dying" part of the game. I'm never the one that gets killed the least in any given match, but with Akali I die twice as much as I'd do with a regular AP mid.

dimb

You're starting out with full runeset or something? Because I find Akali pretty difficult, at least in the "not dying" part of the game. I'm never the one that gets killed the least in any given match, but with Akali I die twice as much as I'd do with a regular AP mid.
Your timing is probably off on when you go in.

Here is Zyra stuff:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/zyra-rise-thorns-revealed
Her in game model is actually pretty rad. Kit looks interesting.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Your timing is probably off on when you go in.

Here is Zyra stuff: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2349423
Her in game model is actually pretty rad. Kit looks interesting.

Kit looks really weird and the description is not helping at all for me to understand how she plays. I think I actually need to see her in action for me to get it.

Also, has anyone seen this thread. It's so freaking hilarious

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1563691

I don't have a rune setup for her anymore. I mean with only a sheen she does a ton of damage where as with other champions the amount of damage isn't as much compared to Akali's.

I just find her skill set lets you kill people very easily. More so than pretty much any other champion I've played.

EDIT: Just bought Twisted Fate. Let's see how this goes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

It's because you're attacking within melee range making you a much more attractive target than someone you have to chase or such. That's why you put up a shroud after your initial rotation and stop what you're doing so you don't get killed. Once your CDs are gone then you do the rotation again.

Blizzard

Banned
WTF is with the "fag" and "sand nigger" language in the GAF channel? :| Is it too much to ask for people to avoid language like that?

Wow

TF is strong.

Long range poking cards for big damage. Check

2 second stun on a 5 second CD, yes please.

Long range teleport and wall hax, icing on the cake.

Corki couldn't do anything to me.

Wow

TF is strong.

Long range poking cards for big damage. Check

2 second stun on a 5 second CD, yes please.

Long range teleport and wall hax, icing on the cake.

Corki couldn't do anything to me.

He falls off late game though. You need to split push against competent teams because he is super squishy and only has really 1 burst damage spell on a decent CD.

Lol at the splash art outcry. Reminds me of Lux.

He falls off late game though. You need to split push against competent teams because he is super squishy and only has really 1 burst damage spell on a decent CD.

Lol at the splash art outcry. Reminds me of Lux.

What about AD TF? Seems that would be better for late game if his AP falls off. But the cards won't be as a strong. But maybe they won't need to be because of his stun to lock people down.

Mothman91

Retiring Legendary Skins...

Alot of backlash for this move, hopefully they put them back on sale later.

Edit: Looks like they won't. They are saying that these legendary skins are getting old, and the new "Legendary skins have evolved into a complete reimagining of the champion that elevates it to an entirely new incredible form, something these concepts simply don’t do effectively."

Ferrio

Banned
Oh, I missed that someone called it weak. Amumu is strong for all the reasons Kiunch mentioned. His damage is super high for how tanky he is, his passive is great, and he has a lot of control. I would still say his ultimate is outclassed by Malphite's, Naut's, and Sejuani's though.

I wouldn't say sej's. Sej's ult has a lot of negatives. Ya it's a true stun, but it only lasts 1 second for everyone except the main target.. and it negated by good team positioning. Amumu's ult is 2 seconds on everyone hit, and can't be blocked by tanks etc.

Zyra is looking like a mix between heimer (turrets) and orianna (orb placements).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom