• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Fuck this game's players some(most)times. It warms my heart nice-GAF exists, even though I almost never play with you guys :p

Hahahahahaha

I can't wait till the day you finally play with us, we'll assemble a team of top guy* just for you.

*top raging guys

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I can't wait till the day you finally play with us, we'll assemble a team of top guy* just for you.

*top raging guys

We'll make him join Mumble for extra rage.

bjaelke

iAteYooWffimR.jpg

Lost both our nexus turrets after 35 minutes but managed to fend them off in something that could have been mistaken for the battle at Helm's Deep. They picked up 4 uncontested barons because we were too busy fighting super minions.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll try not to give you guys material and just rock top with Malph. It's probably the only position I'm pretty confident I'll never feed in. Lux mid I'll win pretty often, and I really like ganking with her so I usually do well with her, but sometimes I just get out of bed the wrong way and keep missing my ults and snares. Sona bot is also a safe bet, but I suck at telling when her Q is gonna hit minions and when it'll hit champs. I also like to buy WotA with her and apparently some people are sensible about that in this place :p

Koomaster

I'll try not to give you guys material and just rock top with Malph. It's probably the only position I'm pretty confident I'll never feed in. Lux mid I'll win pretty often, and I really like ganking with her so I usually do well with her, but sometimes I just get out of bed the wrong way and keep missing my ults and snares. Sona bot is also a safe bet, but I suck at telling when her Q is gonna hit minions and when it'll hit champs. I also like to buy WotA with her and apparently some people are sensible about that in this place :p
If you hover over her skills with the cursor it gives the range around her. I'm pretty sure the range it gives for Q is the range champs need to be in to get hit since it's smaller. You have to get in fairly close either way to hit with that.

I've been learning Heim this week and was thinking of getting him; I really like him the way he is. It feels great setting up some turrets, having champs walk through them trying to get to me, throw a stun on them while they get hit with turret damage over and over. Then watching them limp away slowly as I ult then fire rockets into their back till they die.

Then again, with the rework I can set up 3 turrets.... *cackles*

Volimar

If you hover over her skills with the cursor it gives the range around her. I'm pretty sure the range it gives for Q is the range champs need to be in to get hit since it's smaller. You have to get in fairly close either way to hit with that.

I've been learning Heim this week and was thinking of getting him; I really like him the way he is. It feels great setting up some turrets, having champs walk through them trying to get to me, throw a stun on them while they get hit with turret damage over and over. Then watching them limp away slowly as I ult then fire rockets into their back till they die.

Then again, with the rework I can set up 3 turrets.... *cackles*

I really like Heimer too. I did so well with him when Dominion first came out, before people started learning counters for him. Blast zone Heimer was the first (non free) skin I ever got.

Boken

Banned
Riot really should change the avatar depending on your skin. Makes me wonder why it's not like that.

What about the minimap icon and the party HUD?

Also, you guys flatter me, my mechanical skill is very average and pretty bad for my proper rating. I do make good calls though.

Q8D3vil

support nautilus is extremely strong.
never lost a game with him yet, people dont like him as support because they are not used to see it (because he is either banned or jungler in high level play).

Achtius

What about the minimap icon and the party HUD?

Also, you guys flatter me, my mechanical skill is very average and pretty bad for my proper rating. I do make good calls though.

That one game we played, you were ignited and everyone on mumble were assuming you were dead, but you actually went to golem, kite them and life steal yourself back to like 20 health. that was quite awesome :p

Also why is my crappy notebook too crappy to run league, waiting in the airport for my flight is so boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

entertain me lolgaf

LCGeek

formerly sane
You should've seen my chat when I first started playing Blitz hoo boy, people can be dicks don't let it get to you. Also, the tribunal system is usually pretty fair so even if 4-5 people report you, most people won't punish you for it.

I sucked with mine yesterday and had someone I invited turn on me despite them being dumb enough to give up first blood.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man... Akali is such a pubstomp that she owns a Malphite top. Never had that happen before. And of course people don't by pink wards until 30 minutes in. lolz.

zkylon

zkylewd
Frostfire Annie is fucking UNJUST. The whirly thingie that appears around her when she has her passive up is black with that skin instead of white, so most of the times you can't see it because it fades with the ground. Good thing you can click on her to see how many charges she got for her passive.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Frostfire Annie is fucking UNJUST. The whirly thingie that appears around her when she has her passive up is black with that skin instead of white, so most of the times you can't see it because it fades with the ground. Good thing you can click on her to see how many charges she got for her passive.

Lol, I don't think it's that hard to see imo.

I really can't imagine how that happened. Noct didn't even leave for a long time. The enemy team aren't exactly quick pushers.

Did you completely ignore a lane or two?

mercviper

Smart/tricky Annies go for the stun with a fireball at 3 stacks and cast incinerate/fire shield before it lands to proc it.

Okay a bit of admission. I played for a bit months ago. Always played the old guy with clock. I've pretty much forgotten everything I learned.

So Ashe is recommendation? What's a good item build?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Was watching the Oddone stream when I noticed a Lulu top:

s0m67.png

I wanna try this out.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Okay a bit of admission. I played for a bit months ago. Always played the old guy with clock. I've pretty much forgotten everything I learned.

For an ashe

Pots and boots to start.

Beserker greaves with the boots.
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dance

After that if you can bloodthirster or last whisper depending on armor of enemies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Smart/tricky Annies go for the stun with a fireball at 3 stacks and cast incinerate/fire shield before it lands to proc it.
Yes, I do that myself, stack 3 for my passive, then do E-flash-tibbers-Q-W. You usually don't do this with Annie in laning phase because you want your stun up at most times so junglers don't even dare ganking you. The Frostfire thing becomes a problem in that scenario, and in general it's just an unfair advantage over regular Annies that I feel should be corrected. It's not even tied to her skin theme, since it's just black, no snow flakes particles or anything.

Start with boots+3 HP pots. Core items for most AD carries should be Berserker's Greaves, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer and at least a Vampiric Scepter, though you should usually farm enough for a Bloodthirster. Then it's up to the match, you can get Last Whisper, Mandred's, defensive items (guardian angel, banshee's veil), etc.

He's good as an aggressive support. So go support build on him:

Faerie Charm -> Philostone
Heart of Gold
Boots
Aegis
Boots 2
---
Then, whatever. I personally like getting Chalice, especially with spam happy supports like him. I keep the Philostone and Heart for a long, long time since it allows me to get tons of Wards throughout the game. I also get an Oracles after Aegis for wardsweeping.

He's good as an aggressive support. So go support build on him:

Faerie Charm -> Philostone
Heart of Gold
Boots
Aegis
Boots 2
---
Then, whatever. I personally like getting Chalice, especially with spam happy supports like him. I keep the Philostone and Heart for a long, long time since it allows me to get tons of Wards throughout the game. I also get an Oracles after Aegis for wardsweeping.

What categories are those items. what are boots/boots2?

Zilean is played either as:
1. AP carry transitioning to support
2. pure support

The reason for #1 is that his damage output drops late game.

I looked at the guide. Archangel's Staff isn't a good choice on him. I'd personally build these
- Sorc Shoes
- Catalyst->Rod of Ages
- Rab's Deathcap
- Morello's Evil Tome
- Zhonya's Hourglass (prioritize if getting too focused)
- Situational (Guardian Angel / Banshee / Void Staff / Frozen Heart / Will of the Ancients)

With Morello's and blue, you get max CDR. I'm not sure on this, but I read that max CDR + constant Rewind lets you use your ult every ~30 seconds.

He's also a great poke support. He's so annoying to lane against because of his long range bombs with massive base damage.

mercviper

Yes, I do that myself, stack 3 for my passive, then do E-flash-tibbers-Q-W. You usually don't do this with Annie in laning phase because you want your stun up at most times so junglers don't even dare ganking you. The Frostfire thing becomes a problem in that scenario, and in general it's just an unfair advantage over regular Annies that I feel should be corrected. It's not even tied to her skin theme, since it's just black, no snow flakes particles or anything.
? I just meant that if you play smart, you won't see the stun graphic up in lane regardless. And, knowing how a smart Annie plays, you should be checking her buff stacks when you see her without the graphic and still be avoiding any aggressive Annie movements because of how easily a non stun graphic Annie can manipulate her spells, negating said advantage of the skin.

Regarding jungle ganks, I would rather their jungler waste time attempting to gank on the assumption that I don't have a stun when I actually do, so I don't really agree with the "use it to prevent ganks" reasoning. I'd even venture to say that keeping a stun up is just calling to be ganked since you are at your most vulnerable right after you cast the stun proc spell as annie, and not casting during the lane phase just means you are making last hits harder for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom