• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

That wasn't why he was banned so it's sort of irrelevent. But yes I do agree that Random should be removed to discourage this type of behavior.
It doesn't even matter, he could have picked anyone and gone smite/flash to force the dodge.

Plus, Pendragon can basically do what he wants. His house, his rules. LoL is not a public organisation or company. NeoGAF can ban who they want. It's up to us, the members, to decide if the bannings are just and if wwe wanna be part of this community. I feel for the most part the bannings are good... except... the one. *grumbles*

In the case material presented, good riddance guy, you can come back in three days. There is a pending tribunal case, you have reports for similar offenses on file, be happy it's just a 3 day probation.

XeroSauce

Tribunal isn't the only way a person can get banned, direct banning is a thing and used to be much more common when the playerbase was smaller.

I don't see why you are so up in arms about this, it's a simple banning procedure. Player is a dick, admin bans him. This happens everywhere, Tribunal isn't/doesn't have to be the be all end all.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
People getting mad would flip if you knew how much harsher Dota2 is. LoL is extremely lenient as far as punishment goes.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not really even worth the dev time it would take probably. It's not like pressing it locks you in. Just don't troll or you should expect to get banned.

Can't imagine it would take that long, but yeah, not high priority because there's no lock in.

dimb

Can't imagine it would take that long, but yeah, not high priority because there's no lock in.
Because everything is connected even stuff that seems like a simple change requires extensive testing, and potentially a lot of work. It might not even be a simple fix with how everything is built.

Riot will already be lucky to have the patch out this week, and I'm sure it's like crunch time for them right now as it is every few weeks. There are so many other things that need work that something like this just isn't really worth the time or effort.

Not very classy of Pendragon. Maybe it was deserved but it sets a bad precedent, especially as Riot has fired people for on-the-spot banning in the past. What if Pendragon just broke up with his GF, or got drunk on a weekend and decides to log in and ban everyone playing AP Taric mid or whatever?

Really all of this stuff should go through at least two people and not have instant effects. Even if this ban is deserved, which I'm on the fence about really, it still shows that they have incredibly poor practices surrounding bans and suspensions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is trolling and insta lock-in a problem in other MOBA games as well? I feel like there's huge room there for improvement.

I think in their forums someone suggested allowing the choice to kick someone if 4 out of 5 players agreed on it through a vote system or something like that. A bunch of small additions like that I think could go a long way.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Not very classy of Pendragon. Maybe it was deserved but it sets a bad precedent, especially as Riot has fired people for on-the-spot banning in the past. What if Pendragon just broke up with his GF, or got drunk on a weekend and decides to log in and ban everyone playing AP Taric mid or whatever?

Really all of this stuff should go through at least two people and not have instant effects. Even if this ban is deserved, which I'm on the fence about really, it still shows that they have incredibly poor practices surrounding bans and suspensions.

Part of the community and most agree when you do trollish things you don't deserve a chance. One reason the players suck in terms of socializing is because a good majority just go around doing whatever in queues you're not suppose to be.

Temp ban and he should be lucky this isn't fps or racing community where bans are handed out like hotcakes.

Wrekt

Yeah, I read it. Even if what he said is true, why the hell wouldn't you report him after the game rather than straight up banning him? Give him the same treatment as everyone else let him go through the fucking process. Just because you have the power and the ability to do shit on the fly doesn't mean you should fucking do it. It's retarded and even if it was for a just reason it's abuse of power. If he really deserved to be banned, the Tribunal should deem it. This "speediness" of dealing out justice is a crap excuse from Pendragon to save his ass.

You don't run a red light when there is a cop behind you. So don't troll a ranked game with a Riot employee there. If PD banned him for "kill stealing" or having a negative K:D ratio, that would be one thing. This guy was being a dick for the purpose of pissing off his team because he sucks and only knew 2 roles. I have no problem with employees banning players like that.

I'm ok with Pendragon's decision.

Riot had their own private team deal with situations like this, until the community got too large, so they recruited the community with the Tribunal to help speed up the process. If any of the staff catches an asshole in the act, they can also ban them. That's fine with me, and not an abuse of power.

I had a game with a Rioter where, after the game was done, one of our teammates just started calling everyone "faggots" and "niggers" after being an asshole all game. It was pretty clear he was waiting for the game to be done to do this, since his behavior was the same all game.

We told him he'd be reported, and he "didn't care because this isn't part of the logs, hahahahah". I started chuckling when I saw the Rioter promise him that he would be, in fact, banned. The guy started cursing out the Riot fellow and taunting him.

I wonder how long his ban was.

Inskipp

Regarding this, here is Pendragons response to the removal of random:

RiotPendragon said:
I agree that the Random button shouldn't exist in ranked. Lyte's team is going to remove it at some point, but it's behind a lot of other work.

So yeah, pretty much what Dance/you said.

Q8D3vil

i think releasing new champion is not a good business decision with all the remakes that that will be out, but i want them to release it because i dont like it and want to see the upcoming one sooner.

dimb

Sad day. I was looking forward to trying her out :(
Eh. I'd rather buy Xin Zhao and wreck nerds. Zyra is really kind of boring. The reworks were always the interesting part of this patch.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sona
General
Basic attack and Power Chord missile speeds increased to 2000 from 1500
Aura persistence duration reduced to 1 second after deactivation from 2
Global cooldown reduced to 0.5 seconds from 2
Power Chord
Power Chord now resets your attack timer so you can use it immediately
Crescendo
Now deals all its damage instantly, rather than over time
Fixed: Opponents can no longer Cleanse the damage portion of Crescendo

What a crappy buff.

Missile speed increase mean tower will target you faster when you harass under tower.
Aura nerfed to 1 seconds, CDR reduced to 0.5 seconds. There goes the reason to max CDR first.

Power Chord reset attack timer o_O? Auto attack, Q, Power Chord, super combo!

The ult fix sounds nice.

Orianna
General
Fixed: Attack Range is now 525 at all times.
Command: Attack
Ability Power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
Command: Shockwave
Fixed: Now stuns enemies that were in the middle of a movement skill.

What was her old attack range?

LOL @ command attack buff.

I am confuse about the shockwave fix... so does it stun or not?

----

HoG and Phil Stone nerf... doesn't fix anything, tanky ap mid still can buy 15min ROA with 2 gp5 in mid lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
What a crappy buff.

Missile speed increase mean tower will target you faster when you harass under tower.
Aura nerfed to 1 seconds, CDR reduced to 0.5 seconds. There goes the reason to max CDR first.

The ult fix sounds nice.

What was her old attack range?

LOL @ command attack buff.

I am confuse about the shockwave fix... so does it stun or not?

----

HoG and Phil Stone nerf... doesn't fix anything, tanky ap mid still can buy 15min ROA with 2 gp5 in mid lane.
I don't understand what "Aura persistence duration reduced to 1 second after deactivation from 2" means. You could have two auras at the same time for a short time before?

dimb

Hurts junglers and top laners. It isn't supposed to effect mid much where it's Kage and Philo. It hurts someone like Sejuani a lot really to lose that 50 health early game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What a crappy buff.

The ult fix sounds nice.

A buffs a buff I suppose. Her ult definitely makes her more scary in lane.

Q8D3vil

Not sure why they felt the need to nerf Urgot when he is already underplayed.

most banned champions in tournaments, he is one of the champions that get much more effective with better team communication because of his ultimate and insane lane harass.

i hate how they are balancing now because of dominion, fuck this shit.

EXGN

Anyone else notice any performance issues after the most recent patch (Jayce)? Over the past few weeks, my fps has dropped from like 60 solid to an average of 40-50 and dips into 15 in team fights.

Still carrying hard, despite the issues :p Delayed Penta with Kayle earlier tonight!

Complaining about minor Nocturne nerfs, really? He's been pretty clearly the king of the jungle since Mundo got nerfed and he'll still be a top tier jungler.

On the other hand, RIP urgot.

Q8D3vil

i was in a draft pick, and someone wanted to ban amumu. i lol'd.

amumu should always be banned in 800-1200 elo.
lost so many games because of amumu ultimate and people dont like to buy wards to reveal the map.
Now to find a new jungler I suppose.
if you want fast clear time then go skarner, if you want crazy ganks and late game potential go nautilus.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
He's worth a ban.
was worth a ban. kass, daruis, and noc/kat need to get banned first well for my elo anyways.
amumu should always be banned in 800-1200 elo.
lost so many games because of amumu ultimate and people dont like to buy wards to reveal the map.
i don't have a problem with people not buying wards in draft pick. if they don't then its a loss either way imo. i am just last game my team was losing but then i came out of no where and just started to destroy them 1v1 picking them off. because they didn't ward.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
i don't have a problem with people not buying wards in draft pick. if they don't then its a loss either way imo. i am just last game my team was losing but then i came out of no where and just started to destroy them 1v1 picking them off. because they didn't ward.

So that's why people say Support is the key to raising ELO hmmm.

Q8D3vil

So that's why people say Support is the key to raising ELO hmmm.

its one of the reasons, when i play support i always write after the laning phase "everyone buy wards please, cant cover the whole map", some people buy and some people dont buy if it can help to reveal any side of the map its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom