• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complaining about minor Nocturne nerfs, really? He's been pretty clearly the king of the jungle since Mundo got nerfed and he'll still be a top tier jungler.

On the other hand, RIP urgot.

I disagree with that entirely, Ree singa is pretty obviously the best jungler right now. Noc has good sustain but his only gap closer is his ult which is getting a 20 sec increase to cd, and his q which should really only be used once you're closer so you can get the damage out of it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Support Eve couldn't troll me hard enough. Low ELO games are silly.
eWvco.jpg

Volimar

Anyone else notice any performance issues after the most recent patch (Jayce)? Over the past few weeks, my fps has dropped from like 60 solid to an average of 40-50 and dips into 15 in team fights.

Still carrying hard, despite the issues :p Delayed Penta with Kayle earlier tonight!

Yes....

Boken

Banned
You guys clearly haven't played against a nocturne + ashe or karthus or twisted fate team before. Bot lane dies every 2 minutes.

Really looking forward to the new eve. New Xin looks strong but probably plays the same.

Just because you guys keep arguing:
The current top tier of junglers for carrying games (gank focused):
Nautlius
Lee sin
Alistar
Nocturne

Q8D3vil

You guys clearly haven't played against a nocturne + ashe or karthus or twisted fate team before. Bot lane dies every 2 minutes.

Really looking forward to the new eve. New Xin looks strong but probably plays the same.

Nautlius
Lee sin
Alistar
Nocturne
skarner is much harder than all of those but he is imo a top jungler in the right hand.
nautilus is king of the jungle and the best jungler who scales into late game with his cc.

dimb

Skarner is the hardest champ to play in the game.

My fingers hurt afterwards from all the mashing.

Ferga

Nautlius
Lee sin
Alistar
Nocturne

Nocturne/tf in alot of my ranked games.

It's the worst feeling when you destroy your lane as an ad early on but then you can't play aggressively after level 6 and allow the other ad to farm because you're scared of the 4 man gank at bot.

One wrong move and you're dead and you end up giving up your spree gold and probably a free dragon

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes, after a long streak of losing I WON YEAAAAH

Enemy team was probably trolling us, they went three heavy CC guys on bot (Alistair, Blitz and Sion) and would combo the guy Blitz grabbed to oblivion. It went well for them at first, but it didn't pan out and we just destroyed them afterwards. Apparently all their team reported their Vayne but I didn't see her doing anything out of the ordinary.

But well, a win restores some lost selfesteem.

Wrekt

Malzahar
Summon Voidling (Passive)
Voidlings prioritize enemies Malzahar is autoattacking if Malefic visions isn't present
Voidling pathing and general AI improved
Voidlings will now hide in brush and won't attack if Malzahar is in brush and not in combat
Voidling dance animation added
Call of the Void
Delay is now consistent at 0.6 seconds
Now deals damage in a single hit - rather than two separate hits
Now grants vision along the entire line path - rather than only at the two end points
Now deals damage to units surrounding the end points
Null Zone
Cast time removed - Malzahar may now cast this ability while moving
Damage now starts 0.25 seconds after casting the ability
Nether Grasp
Malzahar ignores orders that would cancel his ultimate within the first 0.5 seconds of Nether Grasp
Voidlings prioritize champions immobilized in Nether Grasp above all other priorities

KLDJAWLKJW It's even better than they said it would be ALWDJKLWAJKLJ

Ken

amumu should always be banned in 800-1200 elo.
lost so many games because of amumu ultimate and people dont like to buy wards to reveal the map.

if you want fast clear time then go skarner, if you want crazy ganks and late game potential go nautilus.

Skarner and I don't work very well as BadGAF has witnessed. Maybe I'll try him again when he gets a Lobstah Monstah skin.

I used to play a lot of Nautilus and got bored so I went to other junglers.

garath

Well I had to play another support game last night and I'm now 2 for 2 on wins as support Allistar. It's actually a lot more fun than I realized. It's definitely challenging but I knew that. I know that a good support can turn the tide of a game but I didn't realize how rewarding that was.

Except for the fact that you get no recognition. Lol.

I was with an Ezreal vs a Taric/Ezreal combo and our lane was right up against our tower. Saw an opportunity to move in, headbutt/pulverize combo to stun the Ezreal for a quick kill, then taric started running away. I'm chasing and flash exhaust to lock him down. Ezreal catches up to ignite him and gets a couple more hits and he dies under his own tower.

What does Ezreal say?

"I love ignite!"

sigh.

The whole game I was having a blast making plays. Just rumbling around all tanky and headbutting people into my team. Ended 0/0/11 in a 20 kill game. They surrendered at 25.

Alistar is probably the scariest support for me. If I have a competent one he just feeds me kills from the other team. If he's against me, he can form a very effective wall against me. :(

Ken

What does Ezreal say?

"I love ignite!"

sigh.

Welcome to the life of a support.

As for Alistar, he's my least favorite support because Schmatt likes him.

It's actually because I can't get his combo to convert into anything successful, either because of my AD carry or because it wasn't a great time to do it. I also can't just sit in a bush and faceroll.

scy

What does Ezreal say?

"I love ignite!"

At the end of the day, bad players are bad players. But, generally speaking, nobody likes to think of support as ... well, supporting.

I remember one of my early games as Taric that I had someone complain about the fact I had next to no farm or kills ... but 17 Assists. And my carry didn't die the entire laning phase. Just the life of support.

...or, really, the life of everyone in the game that isn't the one getting all the killing blows.

Q8D3vil

Skarner and I don't work very well as BadGAF has witnessed. Maybe I'll try him again when he gets a Lobstah Monstah skin.

I used to play a lot of Nautilus and got bored so I went to other junglers.

try skarner with attack speed red and movement speed quints.
all the guides says to get attack speed blue but they are so damn expensive for their value.

shen is another amazing jungler if he is not bad with the same runes above (exhaust and flash since the taunt will be ur escape).

movement speed quint got to be my favorite runes right now because i like to start jungling with boots instead of armor. I even tried them on draven and catching blades is much much easier than before.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The thing about support is that it's the AD carry's job to make it clear what they want from the support. It means that the AD carry should be making it clear that "Hey, I'm goign to be farming all day" "Hey I want to go a really aggressive lane" etc. If the AD carry doesn't make this clear and the support does his own thing then that's the AD carry's bad. However, if the AD carry does make this clear and the support does his own shit then it's the support's bad. The thing I noticed is that the support does their own shit and expects the ad carry to follow it up EVERY SINGLE TIME. Sure it's up to the AD carry to deem the situtation proper for an engagement but I've seen supports think that they're the one who ALWAYS makes the calls for engagements, more often than not it gets bot get killed.

EDIT: In short, a good support will adapt to their AD carry and make it easier for them do shit and essentially be their handicap to get him/her kills. A good AD carry will follow the support's engagement and try to play up to their supporting style.

scy

In short, a good support will adapt to their AD carry and make it easier for them do shit and essentially be their handicap to get him/her kills. A good AD carry will follow the support's engagement and try to play up to their supporting style.

Taric stun, Ali combo, Blitz pull, etc. when your AD Carry is half a screen away = doing something goddamn wrong.

kayos90

Taric stun, Ali combo, Blitz pull, etc. when your AD Carry is half a screen away = doing something goddamn wrong.

Yes. I'v seen supports do this shit. Or do them when there's a wave of minions between them and then proceeds to yell at the AD carry for not engaging or doing something. It annoys the hell out of me.

garath

Yes. I'v seen supports do this shit. Or do them when there's a wave of minions between them and then proceeds to yell at the AD carry for not engaging or doing something. It annoys the hell out of me.

Or going in on 2 full health champs when your carry is below half health and there's a big minion wave in front of you.

Good supports and incredible and so undervalued. Bad supports.. well.. They are good at feeding.

kayos90

Or going in on 2 full health champs when your carry is below half health and there's a big minion wave in front of you.

Good supports and incredible and so undervalued. Bad supports.. well.. They are good at feeding.

When I see a support do something smart, even if they are bad, I make a point to say nice job because they deserve to know when they're doing something right. If they consistently make bad mistakes, it's up to the Ad carry's job to say what they're doing wrong and what they should be doing.

kayos90

Blitzcrank pulling Alistar into his own carry repeatedly is also a classic support move.

Honestly, Blitz pulling anyone is perfectly fine imo. It's when it's a bad situation that it becomes dumb. IE.) Pulling when the blitz and/or carry has less hp then the opponents. Pulling when the enemy can cc your ad carry. Pulling when your ad carry or yourself can't follow up.

Koomaster

I have seen Blitz players pull when they have almost no HP left. It's like they think landing the pull will insta-kill an enemy.

The worst was when I was in a bush with low health and trying to recall. The blitz in there with me pulled in Casseopia. Thanks Blitz, now I'm dead. Why would you do this?

scy

I have seen Blitz players pull when they have almost no HP left. It's like they think landing the pull will insta-kill an enemy.

The worst was when I was in a bush with low health and trying to recall. The blitz in there with me pulled in Casseopia. Thanks Blitz, now I'm dead. Why would you do this?

This is basically why I like solo top. I can rely on my own stupidity to fuck me over without the help of anyone else.

kayos90

This is basically why I like solo top. I can rely on my own stupidity to fuck me over without the help of anyone else.

Top lane is the lane that gets ganked the most if played properly. It's also the hardest lanes as pointed out by Dyrus.

scy

Top lane is the lane that gets ganked the most if played properly. It's also the hardest lanes as pointed out by Dyrus.

We'll see how I feel about it when I get to ranked play. So far, it's pretty much the easiest lane since junglers are bad and people don't know how to trade in lane properly.

kayos90

We'll see how I feel about it when I get to ranked play. So far, it's pretty much the easiest lane since junglers are bad and people don't know how to trade in lane properly.

Yeah... if jungle is ganking bot more than top, that's when you know it's bad... At least in solo queue. Bot is the lane that should be able to sustain itself without ganks.

scy

Yeah... if jungle is ganking bot more than top, that's when you know it's bad... At least in solo queue. Bot is the lane that should be able to sustain itself without ganks.

I think almost every jungler I've played with has ganked mid/bot more than top while every enemy jungler tries to gank me most of the time.

I just deal with it and win my lane anyway. Riven op etc.

kayos90

I think almost every jungler I've played with has ganked mid/bot more than top while every enemy jungler tries to gank me most of the time.

Yeah, ganking bot is usually dumb because it's warded. ganking mid is sort of hard because there are so many escapes as long as the mid is paying attention. top is the only lane easy to gank.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

That's just cuz a jungler may want to get a couple kills in before the wards go up. Even though they should be up from the get go, but low Elo players are like that.

dimb

Depends on the jungler, the enemy team comp, and how the game is going. It's easier to get kills top or mid but if you're someone like Nocturne or your team has Urgot you actually probably should be ganking bot.

kayos90

That's just cuz a jungler may want to get a couple kills in before the wards go up. Even though they should be up from the get go, but low Elo players are like that.

It's a really dumb move. The only reason I would see a lvl 2 gank bot is because it's Shaco or some exception. Most of the time they should be top.

It also depends on what side of the map you're on too. So yeah.

scy

Yeah, ganking bot is usually dumb because it's warded. ganking mid is sort of hard because there are so many escapes as long as the mid is paying attention. top is the only lane easy to gank.

I ward top pretty often. It's kind of fun to see how often I can bait a bad gank due to this.

Possibly. Taking red and being in position to head straight to bot lane works for some early aggressive champs (Level 2 Riven). Still, I'd think those would be better off top ganking anyway rather than bot. But I guess convenience and all.

kayos90

I ward top pretty often. It's kind of fun to see how often I can bait a bad gank due to this.

Possibly. Taking red and being in position to head straight to bot lane works for some early aggressive champs (Level 2 Riven). Still, I'd think those would be better off top ganking anyway rather than bot. But I guess convenience and all.

Well, I meant before going back. You're usually never going to get a ward in the beginning. It's after you go back that you get a ward. That's what I meant. Sorry for not clarifying. And every top should buy a ward on their way back. EVERY TIME.

If anything, usually they go to gank mid rather than bot because after the red timing, most supports would be smart enough to ward so they can avoid the gank. So yeah, it's always top or mid usually.

EXGN

Tried new Twitch, he seems pretty samey for the most part. Nice that his slow is more useful and helps him proc stacks faster, though. Also, the +50 range really helps him last hit.

Still don't think he'll see too much use as an AD carry, but I don't think he's a troll pick anymore, that's for sure.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
It's a really dumb move. The only reason I would see a lvl 2 gank bot is because it's Shaco or some exception. Most of the time they should be top.

W.e it's low Elo. Even supports are dumb, alistars keep pushing ad carys forward and stunning minions.

All I can say is. Go fiora and parrie all day. Then come out of no where late game.

scy

Well, I meant before going back. You're usually never going to get a ward in the beginning. It's after you go back that you get a ward. That's what I meant. Sorry for not clarifying. And every top should buy a ward on their way back. EVERY TIME.

I figured since, yeah, you should be keeping wards up (rather than bitching about the lack of wards).

If anything, usually they go to gank mid rather than bot because after the red timing, most supports would be smart enough to ward so they can avoid the gank. So yeah, it's always top or mid usually.

More I think about it, I tend to get ganked the most in top lane when I'm blue team so it may just be the whole "get red buff, look lane is there!" rather than them actively choosing to gank it. Oh well. Not even ranked yet so I just assume people being bad.

kayos90

W.e it's low Elo. Even supports are dumb, alistars keep pushing as carys forward and stunning minions.

All I can say is. Go fiora and parrie all day. Then come out of no where late game.

There are champions that just roflstomp in low elo because people are just dumb. Fiora is one of them. However, she's not that great of a champ oddly, imo. Akali is another stomper. Singed is another. Someone should just make a list of champions that just stomp and at what stage of the game.

Tried new Twitch, he seems pretty samey for the most part. Nice that his slow is more useful and helps him proc stacks faster, though. Also, the +50 range really helps him last hit.

Still don't think he'll see too much use as an AD carry, but I don't think he's a troll pick anymore, that's for sure.

Did you try and play as an AD carry and harass using stealth? Cuz I thought his kid would make him pretty viable as an AD carry along the lines of Varus. I haven't tried it so I don't know though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom