• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Even without range, it's a rare AP mid that can zone him if played well (hermdinger is one of the only ones I regularly lose lane hard against). He can trade very well with his passive. Provided both of you ran Magic pen and MR runes he should win out with his passive taking 15% less magic damage. He can take auto attack harass sure, but I usually run armor runes with kassadin so it's not as painful. Plus if you get a few W auto attacks off in return most opponents will lose that trade. If they don't run magic pen (or for some stupid reason MR) then they are in for a tough time even before 6.

Watch Ocelote play Kassadin sometime. It's a good show :) (he's doing it right now. http://www.own3d.tv/SKGaming/live/2721 )

At work so no streams for me :|

I don't mean to say that Kassadin is bad or anything. He's like one of my favorite mids. Just saying that he can be counter-picked rather easily so that's something to keep in mind. If you outplay your opponent, or just in an even or better matchup, he'll be a monster. He's frightening to the point that he gets counter picked if he's up.

edit: good catch on the Stacking. I realized that after I posted. Forgot stacks don't scale. It's still a buff the way I play Kassadin. You're in for a lot of basing if you stack that much.

Yeah. Generally speaking, it should totally be a buff as your AP climbs.

double edit: What level are you up to? It would be fun to play sometime. For as new as you are, you're really picking up on the bigger picture well. I'm only a little more experienced tbh. Only started playing in Dec.

Low 20s still! Hooray! I haven't dedicated enough time to just grinding EXP so I can get to the horror that is ranked play that everyone keeps saying it is :|

garath

Low 20s still! Hooray! I haven't dedicated enough time to just grinding EXP so I can get to the horror that is ranked play that everyone keeps saying it is :|

Add me if you ever want to play - garathk (on US)

I'm only 28. I get to play 2-3 nights a week and usually only a game or two. sigh.

falastini

Even if I outplay or even Kass in mid, I find he teleports all over the map and picks up ganks top and bot anyways... then he just snowballs.

scy

Even if I outplay or even Kass in mid, I find he teleports all over the map and picks up ganks top and bot anyways... then he just snowballs.

If mid goes mia and gets a gank than your top/bot lane need to wake up to be honest :( Assuming it was called, anyway.

Edit: Assuming it wasn't a dive or something.

Got in an arguement with a teammate for banning Kass over Darius.

I'd rather ban Darius, to be honest. He's easier for a bad player to faceroll with than Kass in my opinion. But I also top lane primarily so I guess I just deal with Darius dunks more than I deal with Kass.

Q8D3vil

i would ban kassadin over darius.
choose chogath and watch darius die very slowly wherever kassadin can gank all over the map. when you shutdown darius in lane u win against him and he cant do shit other than ks from his team mate (would benefit you because he will have low cs).

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So got my hard earned 6300 IP at last.

Can't decide, but I'm leaning towards Ahri, since she seems easier than Akali and LeBlanc. I'm also considering buying Akali's rune page with RP, but I dunno, I've been taught never to buy stuff with real money if I could get it with in-game currency.

Akali is fun, but rely too much on early game snowball. As Ahri, I had so many ranked matches that I lost to swain (dam hard counter) 0-4, and still manage to be useful in mid game by using ult + charm setting up gangs and picking the ad carry out.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Akali is fun, but rely too much on early game snowball. As Ahri, I had so many ranked matches that I lost to swain (dam hard counter) 0-4, and still manage to be useful in mid game by using ult + charm setting up gangs and picking the ad carry out.

Yup. Akali sucks late game and that's partially because she's squishy and requires to be at melee range to be effective rendering her burst rotations pointless. Plus smart people will carry oracles or pinkwards. She's just a good pubstomper and doesn't fit well in teamcomps.

Team we played against last night:
Lulu
Vayne
Jayce
Amumu (jungle)
Caitlyn

So I'm guessing Caitlyn will go mid, Jayce top, and Vayne and Lulu bot.

Nope. Lulu goes mid, Caitlyn top, and Jayce and Vayne go bot.

Our Ezrael stomps Lulu mid, Fiora owns Caitlyn top, and I go 0/0/13 as Janna (supporting a bad Mundo bot).

Sub-30 lanes, ladies and gentlemen.

Boken

Banned
Everybody who thinks kassadin mid is amazing needs to play against better people.

Kassadin is a counter pick and nothing else because he can get countered so damn hard

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Thinking about picking up Swain as a main for mid, he seems to have a pretty strong kit. How does he match up against other popular mids?

Q8D3vil

Yup. Akali sucks late game and that's partially because she's squishy and requires to be at melee range to be effective rendering her burst rotations pointless. Plus smart people will carry oracles or pinkwards. She's just a good pubstomper and doesn't fit well in teamcomps.

she is an assassin so her role is to kill ap/ad squishes. but if you are talking about high level play then its a different issue and i agree with you.

i really want some talon buff, maybe make him use his e on friendly units.

Achtius

supportlux-1.png

LCGeek

formerly sane
In case people are wondering why Darius got patched out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSL_62tNqPU

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/wvgoi/minions_have_spawned_buys_bf_sword/

Twitch Lulu beat a Graves Soraka at bot? Wat.

Edit: God damn you and your Lux support.

Twitch maybe my counter to graves. Normally with vayne or my ashe graves can sustain well with me but every trade with twitch and lux turned in our favor. He couldn't run he would come and try to retreat but I gave him no quarters. He might have been farming cs but I decided his team was fair game instead.

Wish veigar would've been more forthcoming about 1v1 he ran almost every time he saw me.

To be fair they gave me first blood xin came in for lvl 2 jungle gank.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Thinking about picking up Swain as a main for mid, he seems to have a pretty strong kit. How does he match up against other popular mids?

Counter ahri and akali, do decent against cass (don't have to face her to do damage), okay vs anyone else.

Have problem with fast burster like annie and leblanc, in that case just rush abyssal and merc boot.

Hard counter by brand.

You need to be good at last hit, he will keep losing lane harder and harder if you don't last hit well enough for his passive.

Is that bug a result of Darius using his E while teleporting?

I remember a similar glitch happening in HoN where you could teleport an enemy to your fountain through a teleport+grab.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I agree, Akali is too snowball-dependent to forgo any advantage, so I might just buy that rune page after all. I also feel my champ roster is kinda weak, so I gotta work on that (I got Akali, Malph, Lux, Annie, Kayle and Sona).

It might be "financially" wrong, but I think I'll buy rune pages one at a time, since I'll probably won't play long enough to need all 9 of them, though I intend to keep going for a while. I can't even think what to use 9 rune pages for (AD carry, AP carry, support, tank, jungler and Akali is all I got).

Wow, now I feel embarrassed of being level 28, almost 29.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
On Eve changes:
As a stealth ganker, she's kind of crap now. They get to see you way too early and if you want to close the gap then you lose your chasing/escape mechanism.

As a roamer, however, she's massively improved. Her only major weakness is no slow on Ravage and her ult being kind of gimmicky. It's nice when it's down but it's not really integral to her playstyle and most of the time you won't have it up.

Boken

Banned
On Eve changes:
As a stealth ganker, she's kind of crap now. They get to see you way too early and if you want to close the gap then you lose your chasing/escape mechanism.

As a roamer, however, she's massively improved. Her only major weakness is no slow on Ravage and her ult being kind of gimmicky. It's nice when it's down but it's not really integral to her playstyle and most of the time you won't have it up.

She's a real average jungler atm too.

Morello been saying they want to look at her utility now.

Boken

Banned
Probably wanted to see if better players than they could abuse the new stealth or not. They want to keep this stealth mechanic as the core of evelynn so they release it first.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Probably wanted to see if better players than they could abuse the new stealth or not. They want to keep this stealth mechanic as the core of evelynn so they release it first.
Her new stealth would probably be a lot better without the tower vision changes. I like the way Eve plays though. It's pretty fun, it just feels weird that I'm being pushed more towards roaming, farming, and counter-jungling than ganking. Maybe I just played her wrong or haven't done enough games though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Put back stun on Ravage is the only change I'd want to see.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i was gonna go with the same thing on amumu but i needed armor first.
You shouldn't need something like Chalice or Grail on Amumu.

If you need both mana and armor you should just pick up a Frozen Heart. GA on Amumu is a total waste of dosh by the way.

zkylon

zkylewd
iEOoz1Yq7I7J1.png

Oh man that poor Katarina :p

Juking as Akali might be my favorite thing about LoL.

edit: by the way I wasn't making fun of Kat, she said it was her first time as Katarina, so I replied by apologizing lol

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah I'm not a Kat expert but I don't think cooldown boots are optimal. =/

Also I just tried free week Galio since I had to go mid against Kassadin. Ended up with the most kills on the team I think, 11/4/9 before the surrender (big help from a guy who mained jungle nocturne though). Getting the holy grail and and merc treads starting out on Galio seems to work well.

Blizzard

Banned
I never played Xin much at all, but one of the biggest improvements to me seems like the ult. Previously you just kind of smacked people to do a bit of extra damage, but now it's more of a THUNDERDOME effect to try to finish off someone.

scy

Yeah I'm not a Kat expert but I don't think cooldown boots are optimal. =/

Eh, most guides suggest them if I recall.

I never played Xin much at all, but one of the biggest improvements to me seems like the ult. Previously you just kind of smacked people to do a bit of extra damage, but now it's more of a THUNDERDOME effect to try to finish off someone.

Or splitting teams, pushing squishies into your team, pushing tanks away from team, etc. The utility is ridiculous :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom