• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

dXnTPs.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
What's/Who's Nasus' counter? When I'm Malph I try to harass him as much as humanly possible so he doesn't feed his Q but I never seem to do a good job at it.

You should fill out your roster first so you can play draft pick.
Well, I actually also have Graves, Ashe, Jax and Alistair and Trist that I got for free from Facebook/Youtube. I can't play well with any of them, but I should at least get some practice with Graves so I can play a few more roles, since he's the only one I've actually used against real people. Also he's manly and I need to balance out my 99% girls squad.

I may start picking up Ahri since I know I'll like her, play with the ones I have and from there buy cheap/semi-cheap champs to build up a roster. Probably LeBlanc, Mundo, maybe Fiddle or Rammus, I dunno.

Right now the Steam sales left me clean out of money to spend on rune pages or champs, so I'll have to make do with what little I have.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What's/Who's Nasus' counter? When I'm Malph I try to harass him as much as humanly possible so he doesn't feed his Q but I never seem to do a good job at it.
Anyone who trades well, particularly without mana. Rumble, Riven, Vlad, etc. Also anyone with any range, because they tend to just shut him out of lane. Don't harass Nasus, he'll just heal up on creeps. Come in and trade on him and force him to blow massive amounts of mana he needs just to even fight you.

Oh, and people should watch the number one play in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNkd4jajyrc

Q8D3vil

been rocking caitlyn today and i got to say that her latest buff is great to secure escaping kills, i know she doesnt have amazing damage to her lack of steroids but u can win lanes with her and shut down the other enemy carry.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Anyone who trades well, particularly without mana. Rumble, Riven, Vlad, etc. Also anyone with any range, because they tend to just shut him out of lane. Don't harass Nasus, he'll just heal up on creeps. Come in and trade on him and force him to blow massive amounts of mana he needs just to even fight you.

Oh, and people should watch the number one play in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNkd4jajyrc

You can just out harass that heal too

The entire list are
-Characters not dependent on Mana
-Range characters
-Early starters
-Characters with strong escape, cc, movement, etc.
-Lower cost mana characters

His start is a completely baby one where about any character in the game can throw him around. And if he doesn't get that farm, it never changes. Their is nothing versatile about him and this is coming from someone who did use him in rank with a +win %. My first 20 minutes would have to be a dedicated farm and nothing more. Even when fed, Proper warding, CC, knockbacks, etc. Almost anything can shut him down. He has no defensive spells or gap closers. Making him easy as all hell to kite.

scy

Nasus is good against bad players though. That's a nice plus.

...of course, good players in general are good against bad players and there's other champs who can do that all game rather than after an entire game of Q farming.

It's hard to take a #1 seriously that is basically "Terrible team is terrible." I kind of wish there was more trash talk from the team that lost to make the ending all the better.

cait got a buff?

Still the worst AD carry.

Corki /Graves
Draven / Ezreal /Varus / Vayne
Ashe / Tristana
Sivir / Miss Fortune
Caitlyn

Haven't played new Urgot but looking at his shield and damage ratio nerfs I can't imagine him being viable anymore. I haven't tried Twitch yet, either.

Nasus isn't really "easy as hell" to kite with a 700 range slow that goes up to 95%. With a proper build, Wither's downtime is only 1.6 seconds. Fed Nasus is still scary. One game, I got farm AND got fed. I could 1v3 even while standing in Katarina's ult range.

Characters with strong low cost ranged pokes are what kills his lane, since he can't get back up with lifesteal and health regen.

I'd still say he's one of the better anti AD carries around along with Jax.

Holy shit did some douchbag academy just let the students out? Three games in a row of people picking positions that have already been picked. WTF are people who are unable to work with their teammates at a basic fucking level doing playing a team game. Why even play the game if you're going to be automatically awful.

Nasus isn't really "easy as hell" to kite with a 700 range slow that goes up to 95%. With a proper build, Wither's downtime is only 1.6 seconds. Fed Nasus is still scary. One game, I got farm AND got fed. I could 1v3 even while standing in Katarina's ult range.

Characters with strong low cost ranged pokes are what kills his lane, since he can't get back up with lifesteal and health regen.

I'd still say he's one of the better anti AD carries around along with Jax.

The problem with Nassus right now is the fact that you will get shut down in lane in higher elo play.

Kennen will destory him, Riven will destroy him, Irelia will destroy him, Renekton will destroy him, Rumble, etc

There are very few matchups that will allow Nassus to farm effectively.

The problem with Nassus right now is the fact that you will get shut down in lane in higher elo play.

Kennen will destory him, Riven will destroy him, Irelia will destroy him, Renekton will destroy him, Rumble, etc

There are very few matchups that will allow Nassus to farm effectively.

I don't see how Kennen, Riven and Renek are supposed to destroy him. Apart from Kennen's Q, none of them can harass Nasus without getting shot by the tower. Nasus isn't going to stay in the middle of the lane where Renek and Riven can combo him.

Boken

Banned
I don't see how Kennen, Riven and Renek are supposed to destroy him. Apart from Kennen's Q, none of them can harass Nasus without getting shot by the tower. Nasus isn't going to stay in the middle of the lane where Renek and Riven can combo him.

So he can only farm when the minions are under the tower. Sounds terrible for nasus

In other news, I just ended my 5 day loss streak.

Q8D3vil

Still the worst AD carry.

Corki /Graves
Draven / Ezreal /Varus / Vayne
Ashe / Tristana
Sivir / Miss Fortune
Caitlyn

Haven't played new Urgot but looking at his shield and damage ratio nerfs I can't imagine him being viable anymore. I haven't tried Twitch yet, either.
dunno, i like her new ultimate range alot, feels like goddamn sniper when u hit them from so far.
caitlyn is weak end game but she can bully the other carry in lane a lot.
played 2 games where i out farmed the enemy carry and got IE and PD while he was struggling to get infinity after phage (my zilean support was fucking amazing though, he harassed them to hell while fulfilling his role as support with wards and protection).
also, picking caitlyn to counter vayne is very satisfying.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nasus isn't going to stay in the middle of the lane where Renek and Riven can combo him.
Then the lane gets frozen and you miss massive amounts of farm that Nasus is in dire need of.
dunno, i like her new ultimate range alot, feels like goddamn sniper when u hit them from so far.
caitlyn is weak end game but she can bully the other carry in lane a lot.
played 2 games where i out farmed the enemy carry and got IE and PD while he was struggling to get infinity after phage (my zilean support was fucking amazing though, he harassed them to hell while fulfilling his role as support with wards and protection).
also, picking caitlyn to counter vayne is very satisfying.
Caitlyn is weak mid game, where her damage is inadequate in team fights and she doesn't have the same damage boosters other AD carries do. Late game she actually is kind of a powerhouse with her range and the potential crit damage on headshots, but you need the items to make up for the fact that her abilities aren't going to do much to boost your sustained damage. Caitlyn's early laning phase isn't exactly dominating right now either as long as the other team picks a support/carry with good synergy.

Are either Ziggs or Maokai worth the RP? (I only use RP to buy 6300 champs, and only when in price drop weeks, 487 ftw! But I didn't really like either of them when they were in rotation recently... is any of them worth a second look?)

Enemy MF is the only person on the enemy team doing well; she's carrying hard but we still have a strong lead. As the game goes on we start to lose, the whole team seems to just melt repeatedly and MF is now up to 16/2 and destroying us. Took a look at our team builds; Olaf and Sejuani have no armor items. Sej has just finished a banshee's veil and olaf built a bloodthirster. We lose soon after. Whhhhyyyyyyyy.

Blizzard

Banned
Nasus' voice actor died on the 29th of this month. I'll try to play him as much as possible during that day.
:( That's really sad, and kind of surreal to think of hearing a dead man's voice when you play your game.

Especially given some of the lines that Nasus says. The cycle of life and death continues, or whatnot.

Achtius

Kill Secured^TM

nuttyrizzle.png

Also rizzle ganked bot like 50,000 times, and they never learn to ward

also, nothing like nunu/vanye to break a losing streak.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill Secured^TM

nuttyrizzle.png

Also rizzle ganked bot like 50,000 times, and they never learn to ward

also, nothing like nunu/vanye to break a losing streak.

DFG Nunu D:

Snowball->DFG active, oh god why!

LCGeek

formerly sane
On the flip side, that poor Graves -- at least he destroyed Twitch (and the rest of his team) in farm, assuming he was laning against him.

His farming costed him at times. Also high deaths and lack of reaction allowed us to keep momentum and map control. They gave up once we grouped a few times and they couldn't escape for squat.

Pancakes

Because every terrible game story posted must be balanced by a victory screen post.

Imsoboredineedtobuyskinsandplaylol.

Why haven't you blown all your money on Steam games like the rest of NeoGAF?

Ken

Why haven't you blown all your money on Steam games like the rest of NeoGAF?

I previously told myself I only wanted Binary Domain from a Steam Sale and Amazon had it for like $10 right before the sale soooo big booooooooo.

Everything else on Steam isn't very interesting to me or I already have it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I previously told myself I only wanted Binary Domain from a Steam Sale and Amazon had it for like $10 right before the sale soooo big booooooooo.
Yeah, right, you're the first person in Steam history that only bought what they previously decided...

Ken

Yeah, right, you're the first person in Steam history that only bought what they previously decided...

Do you mean there's no way I only bought what I originally told myself I would only get and didn't buy a ton of other things? You can check my purchase history to see I'm not lying. :O

Ferrio

Banned
Do you mean there's no way I only bought what I originally told myself I would only get and didn't buy a ton of other things? You can check my purchase history to see I'm not lying. :O

PFFT LIAR

I got distracted by steam myself.

-What I played from my purchases
Ys Origin
Psychonauts (great great great game, beat it)
Walking Dead (ep 1 down)

-What I haven't touched
Alice Madness Returns
Stacking
Ys The Oath in Felghana: $5.09
Trials 2: Second Edition
Limbo: $2.49
Costume Quest: $3.74
Thief II
Binding of Issac
Longest Journey
Dead Island