• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That AD Ahri story sounds like Kiunch, although I think he'd take her mid or roam or something.
Team EVERYBODY OFFLINE
It was like nine AM when that was taken.
If you want to be invited so badly just make your own team or something of people who are up late/when you are. I'll always join.
Support is great fun for me. I just sit in a bush and face roll while listening to podcasts and last hitting wards.
I'm trying to play Lulu and I can't get away with this.
I've only been playing LoL for less than a month but I am really getting into it.
Very fun (if occasionally frustrating) game.

Reading through the comments I'm glad to see some people echo my thoughts about Darius.
I really hate that guy.
Darius isn't too scary in draft with decent team comps. In blind pick I swore up and down when I had to take Wukong into him, but even that was a lane I felt like I could have won with fewer mistakes, or on a champion I'm more experienced with. I'd imagine he'd be some true terror stuff if he was around when I was leveling up. I would reccomend testing Kayle out some time and building her straight AD if she seems like something that might be interesting to you. She is pretty good against Darius.

Ferrio

Banned
We should try new metas in our games. I got one, how bout a ranged AD and a tanky type mid that their sole goal is to push mid down as quick as possible?

dimb

We should try new metas in our games. I got one, how bout a ranged AD and a tanky type mid that their sole goal is to push mid down as quick as possible?
Mid is too easy to hold, early towers aren't that useful, and a support could just go to mid and help defend. Realistically most mages will be able to defend hard pushes early game, and will be fairly safe pushing back by the time the second blue buff comes up.

Ferrio

Banned
Mid is too easy to hold, early towers aren't that useful, and a support could just go to mid and help defend. Realistically most mages will be able to defend hard pushes early game, and will be fairly safe pushing back by the time the second blue buff comes up.

Okay okay.. then how bout a roamer where their only duty is to help push the towers. So they help mid get the tower really really low, then top the bot. Then all 3 lanes destroy their towers at once.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I'm going to tone down my LoLing for a while. I find myself thinking about this game more than I deem healthy so yeah...

This is probably the effect of LoL being the first multiplayer game I play with friends over TeamSpeak, but also because LoL is pretty fucking addicting, I'll admit :p

Blizzard

Banned
Okay okay.. then how bout a roamer where their only duty is to help push the towers. So they help mid get the tower really really low, then top the bot. Then all 3 lanes destroy their towers at once.
Putting 3 Caitlyn's mid to kill the turret might be fairly effective, but only if jungle Malphite doesn't come flying out of the jungle at level 3 to ult and triple kill you or something. Presumably three ranged AD per lane kills turrets pretty quickly until the enemy starts sending someone to help defend those lanes, or until your ranged AD people stop coordinating in the same lane and wonder why they're dying.

Presumably it's also funny to put your entire team in a bush and wait forever to get first blood, but there's a chance of that failing and you end up behind in XP.

Blizzard

Banned
free jayce tomorrow, guess im sticking to rank for the next 3 days.
I noticed an abrupt lack of calling him OP about 6 days after he came out. I'm not sure if they'll nerf him a bunch anyway just to be sure. Most people, such as me, seem to be terrible or whatnot at using him. Entire teams scream in terror and run if someone offers to do AD ranged Jayce on their team, that sort of thing.

garath

I noticed an abrupt lack of calling him OP about 6 days after he came out. I'm not sure if they'll nerf him a bunch anyway just to be sure. Most people, such as me, seem to be terrible or whatnot at using him. Entire teams scream in terror and run if someone offers to do AD ranged Jayce on their team, that sort of thing.

I agree with this. Every time I see a Jayce now it's pretty much easy kills. Guess he's pretty tough to play effectively.

On the flip side, people are still calling Darius OP. Might have to buy him :p

dimb

Pushing isn't a very viable strat right now in general. It gives your enemy a very easy time farming, and destroying towers isn't really as valuable as you might think it is unless you're ahead.

Roaming to lanes also sort of sucks. Too hard to reliably earn experience and you're mostly just going to be leeching from lanes who don't need it. If you were ganking it's one thing, but it's pretty easy to just not get ganked by underleveled roamers.

Ferrio

Banned
Pushing isn't a very viable strat right now in general. It gives your enemy a very easy time farming, and destroying towers isn't really as valuable as you might think it is unless you're ahead.

Roaming to lanes also sort of sucks. Too hard to reliably earn experience and you're mostly just going to be leeching from lanes who don't need it. If you were ganking it's one thing, but it's pretty easy to just not get ganked by underleveled roamers.

Destroying towers usually isn't viable because other lanes can go gank. But if you simultaneously destroy them all at once, they won't have that luxury.

Least that was my thinking.

scy

He's about as "OP" in top as basically any ranged is in top (and is about the only time his short range really matters). He's solid but his low range hurts him as a carry and his low defensive stats hurt him as a full bruiser. His burst output (Cannon E -> Q -> R -> Q -> E) is good but he's nothing "holy shit amazing!" going for him.

His early game zoning and harass potential is pretty good though for top lane. Landing his combo early on can really help push someone out of lane and his Cannon E -> Q at least lets him help in poke fests.

Q8D3vil

jayce is one of the most balanced champions in the game, he is an amazing bruiser because he can coordinate amazingly with the jungler for amazing ganks.

i think he is probably as good as other trinity force users like jarvan and irelia.

J4 is one of my favorite champions but his ultimate is so fucking messed up, they really need to fix it.

scy

Jayce is fine as a bruiser. People don't like him because he has no burst.

Eh, his burst isn't bad but he has nothing at 6+ to compare to others who do get one (e.g., Riven). At best, he scales well with items and his Hammer E scales with player HP. I wouldn't really say he has no burst.

Edit: Though, a large part of his burst is the skillshot combo.

He's highly mobile and versatile, though, so he can approach a lot of situations differently. He's also just generally really useful for team fights if played properly. He's a solid champion all-around but nothing stupid amazing outside of pre-6 harass potential.

garath

Ugh. I just started participating in the Tribunal. Man, these players. It's painful to read. Some of them aren't that bad for most of the game but then just start raging near the end. I understand the game gets emotional but wow. Just keep your cool and you wouldn't even show up in the Tribunal.

Painful. I think I pardoned one or two and it was borderlined at best.

Blizzard

Banned
In theory, presumably you switch to all-range mode, don't attack anything for 5 seconds, hit the enemy with a brilliantly-placed EQ, use the energy field to accelerate yourself in range for your armor-shredding E, hit W and change to hammer time, jump to the enemy with Q and activate electricity, slowing them while you hit them 3 times plus the triforce and hammer bonus damage, doing a bit of electrical damage, and then hitting them away with E. While igniting them.

In practice it probably doesn't always work that well, or you run out of mana, or you do all that and then they heal themselves and kill you while your stuff is on cooldown. :p

dimb

Played more ranked today. I feel like I always get stuck playing AD carry. Not that I care because I can do well on it but it's weird people don't want it.

I need to own another AD carry out of Ez or Corki. Top tier is pretty clearly Ez/Graves/Corki right now. But I also need to fill out my top lane roster. Bleh.

Ferrio

Banned
Played more ranked today. I feel like I always get stuck playing AD carry. Not that I care because I can do well on it but it's weird people don't want it.

I need to own another AD carry out of Ez or Corki. Top tier is pretty clearly Ez/Graves/Corki right now. But I also need to fill out my top lane roster. Bleh.

Because you have the least amount of control as AD.

dimb

Because you have the least amount of control as AD.
I see lots of high ranked people who play AD carry mostly. I was in a position to carry both games with high CS and good KDA, but I only won one. The one that I did lose was partially because of how bad my team was, but if I played certain things differently and rushed my QSS faster I could have done more and maybe pulled it out.

I would rather be in control of the role than someone who won't do as well because of how important it is.

AD carry is definitely my best role but I sometimes hate playing it because...

1.) If your support sucks and your opponents are even decent, you will not get to farm properly.

2.) Farming as an AD carry is arguably more essential than ANY other role including AP mid because you typically offer next to zero utility to your team outside of your damage.

3.) If your lane opponent gets even a few kills, you will be screwed until your jungler can help.

4.) Bottom lane is the hardest to gank by far and a lot of junglers just don't do it. If you can't win your lane on your own, you might be screwed for the rest of the game.

dimb

I own Kog'maw and used to play him a decent amount. He's pretty good but I don't like running him against the lane comps that are popular now bot, and the supports he synergizes well with keep getting nerfed. I don't think he's as high maintenance as people make him out to be. His range and ultimate enable much safer positioning than you get on most carries. You can make up for a lot of poor ward coverage/map control with just his ultimate.

AD carry is definitely my best role but I sometimes hate playing it because...
1.) If your support sucks and your opponents are even decent, you will not get to farm properly.
2.) Farming as an AD carry is arguably more essential than ANY other role including AP mid because you typically offer next to zero utility to your team outside of your damage.
3.) If your lane opponent gets even a few kills, you will be screwed until your jungler can help.
4.) Bottom lane is the hardest to gank by far and a lot of junglers just don't do it. If you can't win your lane on your own, you might be screwed for the rest of the game.
I agree with all that, but the thing that I hate most about being stuck with AD is that it's just so straightforward; your build is the same, your damage comes from autoattacks, and you might as well be stationary the whole first part of the game.

Ken

Funny. ADC is always taken in my ranked games leaving me with support. Of course, in my ranked games I always see "anything but bot" first thing in the chat. Not that I mind; last hitting minions is so boring.

Nocturneeeee freeeeeee weeeeeeeeek.

dimb

Oh god. MLG qualifiers so good. Curse getting carried so hard by Nyjacky of all people on Orianna who Saint just forced him to learn. Ori is so good right now. Funny watching him combo with Shyvana after watching Kiunch/Bind do this in game.

Steaks

lxwzP.png

Taric too strong.

The other two out of my last 10 games that aren't Taric? Yeah. They're losses.

One of those games was a 4v5 where I was solo botlane. The one where I went 0 0 7.

Ken

http://i.imgur.com/lxwzP.png[IMG]

Taric too strong.

The other two out of my last 10 games that aren't Taric? Yeah. They're losses.

One of those games was a 4v5 where I was solo botlane. The one where I went 0 0 7.[/QUOTE]

I would still never play Taric.

You can't persuade me, Gems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom