• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
PFFT LIAR

I got distracted by steam myself.

-What I played from my purchases
Ys Origin
Psychonauts (great great great game, beat it)
Walking Dead (ep 1 down)

-What I haven't touched
Alice Madness Returns
Stacking
Ys The Oath in Felghana: $5.09
Trials 2: Second Edition
Limbo: $2.49
Costume Quest: $3.74
Thief II
Binding of Issac
Longest Journey
Dead Island

Not bad, I had never heard of the Ys games before this sale. Damn GAF hype.

NFS:Hot Pursuit = 4.99
Ys Origin = 7.99
Hard Reset = 3.75
Half Life 1 = 2.49
LA Noire = 7.49
Ys Oath = 5.09
Double Pack = 1.49
Chantelise = 2.49
Driver SF = 7.49
Morrowind = 4.99
CIV V = 7.49
------------------------
Total = $55.65

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you mean there's no way I only bought what I originally told myself I would only get and didn't buy a ton of other things? You can check my purchase history to see I'm not lying. :O
Your purchase history is probably FABRICATED. There's no such thing as restraint during the Steam sales, you LIAR.

edit: in spirit of sharing :)

$2.49 - Alan Wake CE Extras
$8.19 - Saints Row The Third various DLC
$3.74 - Dear Esther + OST
$2.49 - Dungeon Siege III DLC
$4.99 - Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
$2.49 - Thief: Deadly Shadows
$4.99 - Analogue: A Hate Story
$5.09 - Ys: The Oath of Felghana
$2.79 - Freedom Pack
--------------------------------------------------------
$37.26 - Total (plus gifts)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah, right, you're the first person in Steam history that only bought what they previously decided...
I didn't buy anything, and I don't really think any of the sale prices were particularly impressive when Steam is pretty much just price matching their old sales. I just played more League and jumped on Steam to play a game I bought before that took like an hour and a half to beat and cross off the list. It was nice.

Steaks

I have discovered the secret to playing 1500 Elo:

No one understands how to play support because everyone wants to carry. Pick support, trash botlane because their support doesn't understand how to play support, win.

80% winrate with Taric now.

Ferrio

Banned
Both of you should of picked up Just Cause 2 if you haven't. With the multiplayer mod beta testing right now it's a great buy, really fun.

edit: It's community choiced right now too

Achtius

Not bad, I had never heard of the Ys games before this sale. Damn GAF hype.

NFS:Hot Pursuit = 4.99
Ys Origin = 7.99
Hard Reset = 3.75
Half Life 1 = 2.49
LA Noire = 7.49
Ys Oath = 5.09
Double Pack = 1.49
Chantelise = 2.49
Driver SF = 7.49
Morrowind = 4.99
CIV V = 7.49
------------------------
Total = $55.65

how's ys oath? i wanna pick it up but still not sure about it

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Both of you should of picked up Just Cause 2 if you haven't. With the multiplayer mod beta testing right now it's a great buy, really fun.

edit: It's community choiced right now too

I played it on the console awhile back, and I'm not looking to add more games to my backlog.

how's ys oath? i wanna pick it up but still not sure about it

Addictively fun but super frustrating at times (Like League!).

Ken

Some gaffers on my friends list can see that BD is the last game I acquired in my Steam history so my summer Steam sale 2012 total is 0.00. This would only change if they surprise released some Senran Kagura PC port straight to Steam sale.

Pancakes

Hmmm maybe I should pick Sona back up in SoloQ. Or maybe learn Rumble, damn.

1eSCI.jpg

dimb

Hmmm maybe I should pick Sona back up in SoloQ. Or maybe learn Rumble, damn.
Rumble is an excellent champion, as he has been for a very long time. In reality, the reason Rumble looks so powerful now is that bruisers across the board are relatively weak as Riot has gone out of their way to nerf both the champions and their items over and over again.
Why is heimer so high..
Stats taken over a small period of time are bound to not being particularly worthwhile. Additionally, the popularity of champions has to be taken into account.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally had two decent Katarina game again in normal draft. The last one I went 13/2/6 (laned against a terrible cass), had 20 mejais stacks, and like 670 AP before dying just outside their fountain. My team won right after that.

Blizzard

Banned
I went Jungle Jayce, which Boken said sucked, and soda cop said something like well, he didn't want to win anyway. So to counter that, I said Eve top sucked. We both set out to prove each other wrong.

jayce1sbx0q.jpg

Actually Jungle Jayce does suck, I just got lucky with a bad enemy team. The game also featured counterjungling Miss Fortune, me missing an easy shot on a recalling champion in a bush, a Veigar quadrakill, and someone on the other team rambling incoherently in some French-esque language.

dimb

Please do not see that picture and build those items on Blitzcrank in a real game. Do as I say, not as I do.

Also, I thought we were going to stop posting pictures without Victory, time stamps, and K/D/A team ratios.

Pancakes

Please do not see that picture and build those items on Blitzcrank in a real game. Do as I say, not as I do.

Also, I thought we were going to stop posting pictures without Victory, time stamps, and K/D/A team ratios.

But solo top Crank is secret imba :(.

It's a 97% quality JPG since I was too careless to save as PNG. =( Also I think I normally include team totals but I must have missed it.

You can always go back to LoLreplay to check again.

Blizzard

Banned
It's a 97% quality JPG since I was too careless to save as PNG. =( Also I think I normally include team totals but I must have missed it.

Ferga

I saw nutty and soda join nagaf a few days ago

Are we starting that thing back up again?

I think we've had about 6-7 ranked 5 teams so far. Most of them disbanded.

dimb

I got invited but there wasn't really any discussion about it. I don't know what's going on with it.
BadGAF betrayed.
BadGAF betrayed itself when everyone stopped playing.

dimb

you know that you are going to give free elo when soraka start with doran shield
There are worse choices a low level player could make. The armor, HP, and health regen are at least useful stats bot lane.

I am starting boots, one ward, plus red soda on some of my supports now. Not that I play support that much. I'm finding the number of early wards supports normally buy to actually be excessive and not all that useful.

Q8D3vil

There are worse choices a low level player could make. The armor, HP, and health regen are at least useful stats bot lane.

I am starting boots, one ward, plus red soda on some of my supports now. Not that I play support that much. I'm finding the number of early wards people normally buy to actually be excessive and not all that useful.
dunno, im 1050 elo and he was higher than me in rank, people cant be that retarded when it come to soraka since she is the easiest one to play in the game.
she was premade with vayne and they fed so fcking hard because of no wards and no last hitting.

Achtius

We should, we have enough good (not including me ofc) people to actually make it to silver at least. Our current elo is pretty 1337 (pun intended).

garath

I have discovered the secret to playing 1500 Elo:

No one understands how to play support because everyone wants to carry. Pick support, trash botlane because their support doesn't understand how to play support, win.

80% winrate with Taric now.

I've been trying to support more and learn the role better. I actually feel like I do pretty well. Tried Taric for the first time over the weekend because Alistar was first picked on the other team and really liked him. Unfortunately I was supporting an AD ahri that kept blaming me for her inability to kill the opposing Wukong/Alistar combo.

So far Alistar is my favorite support but he gets banned or picked too often as a jungler so I'll have to keep up with Taric.

scy

Unfortunately I was supporting an AD ahri that kept blaming me for her inability to kill the opposing Wukong/Alistar combo.

...wut.

Support/AD Carry is a tenuous relationship. I feel like that the carry never goes in when they should and they just have the "I engaged, you should too" mentality throughout the game. Granted, that seems to be the case everywhere, not just bot lane. Bad engages are what lose games :(

garath

...wut.

Support/AD Carry is a tenuous relationship. I feel like that the carry never goes in when they should and they just have the "I engaged, you should too" mentality throughout the game. Granted, that seems to be the case everywhere, not just bot lane. Bad engages are what lose games :(

It was a pretty hopeless relationship in this case. AD Ahri just doesn't pack a punch early game. Kept getting pushed under tower. She'd try to engage with a charm and I'd follow up with a shatter and a stun and the wukong would literally be sitting there immobile for 3+ seconds and she couldn't get a kill, just not enough damage. I kept the wards up, I stunned alistar every time he came in for a kill. I healed her when she was harassed and I made smart flash/stun/exhaust plays when Darius came in for a gank (he played extremely well. Too bad we didn't have a real AD carry).

As I recall, she rushed greaves and Zeal. She just didn't have any damage at all. Didn't even bother to Q when engaging. Even without AP it still does decent damage.

It wouldn't bother me that much except she was blaming me. "If I had a decent support, I'd be wrecking this game". I'm not quite sure what else I could have done. I wasn't brilliant at the role by any stretch but the opponents weren't that rough either.

Easily the most frustrating game all weekend. I like the support role but it's a tough one.

dan2026

I've only been playing LoL for less than a month but I am really getting into it.
Very fun (if occasionally frustrating) game.

Reading through the comments I'm glad to see some people echo my thoughts about Darius.
I really hate that guy.

scy

It wouldn't bother me that much except she was blaming me. "If I had a decent support, I'd be wrecking this game". I'm not quite sure what else I could have done. I wasn't brilliant at the role by any stretch but the opponents weren't that rough either.

Clearly you need better DPS.

Seriously though, people don't understand their limits and just assume that it's someone else doing something wrong rather than their own faults. That pretty much summarizes every single problem to ever happen in League from what I've seen so far. People don't know how/when to engage, how to zone and harass, what your actual goal is when zoning and harassing, general map awareness, etc.

Edit: Though, I'm not really sure what "better" support she could have had. Taric Armor/Heal to deal with pokes and Ahri can engage/disengage herself. Shatter + Ulti on Taric is about the best AD damage aid you can get and the stun is always nice. I guess an actual higher damage support but that gets back to the original point of them lacking the initial damage to begin with ... :|

Easily the most frustrating game all weekend. I like the support role but it's a tough one.

Mostly due to bad partners in lane, I imagine. :x

Ken

Support is great fun for me. I just sit in a bush and face roll while listening to podcasts and last hitting wards.

(Almost) Team Yordle.
WqLJf.jpg

The only other small champ I had was Annie, but we're so full of AP already. I don't even play Rammus. :X I probably should've bought Ionian instead of Mercs.

Irelia is annoying. Tons of tenacity. I usually end up having to taunt Morde then just wail on Irelia since she dives Veigar and Ziggs.

Pancakes

Support is great fun for me. I just sit in a bush and face roll while listening to podcasts and last hitting wards.

Ssshhh we don't need more support players! Don't tell them our secrets D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom