• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrekt

New champ looks pretty shitty to me, and mid is my favorite role. First time in awhile I haven't been tempted to pick up a champ day 1.

scy

New champ looks pretty shitty to me, and mid is my favorite role. First time in awhile I haven't been tempted to pick up a champ day 1.

Personally, I love the way Zyra's gameplay looks. I'll probably buy her day 1 but never get a chance to use her since I never actually play mid yet ... :|

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Personally, I love the way Zyra's gameplay looks. I'll probably buy her day 1 but never get a chance to use her since I never actually play mid yet ... :|
Like not even once? How is that possible?

scy

Like not even once? How is that possible?

When solo queue, I'd rather top since I'm more comfortable carrying a game that way. When duo queue or more, I'm with people who play mid anyway. I've mid a few times but not enough to really matter.

Granted, I haven't bought many champs yet so that's why I haven't mid nearly enough. I've been planning to do it more with Kassadin/Ahri/Zyra so we'll see.

Top lane op obviously

Top lane sucks right now.

In ranked I find that top lane is all a matter of who can counter after the other top lane has picked. In the short to mid game top has very little prescience in the game unless trying to take top or going down to dragon to help a team fight (this is if the lane is relatively even, not snowballed hard). Late game, tops influence can vary greatly depending on whether they picked an early game top or a late game one (Panth versus Irelia for example)

Blizzard

Banned
Wow at that Zyra spotlight.

Here are a bunch of shots of Zyra doing really badly mid lane. Notice how she can walk directly towards Viktor and take massive damage from his laser each time, but sometimes she can kill someone after she dies.

Or, notice how you can pick up an assist when a low-ish health skarner walks into your team and dances. >_>

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Oh god. MLG qualifiers so good. Curse getting carried so hard by Nyjacky of all people on Orianna who Saint just forced him to learn. Ori is so good right now. Funny watching him combo with Shyvana after watching Kiunch/Bind do this in game.

You mean the one where:

Me: OMG ULT TO THEM TRUST ME I AM EXPERT.
Bind: *walks away*

5 seconds later

Bind: *ULTING*
ball bounce back to me due to distance
Me: *Wasted the whole combo on myself*, *proceed to the rest of the teamfight spamming auto attack*

dimb

You mean the one where:

Me: OMG ULT TO THEM TRUST ME I AM EXPERT.
Bind: *walks away*

5 seconds later

Bind: *ULTING*
ball bounce back to me due to distance
Me: *Wasted the whole combo on myself*, *proceed to the rest of the teamfight spamming auto attack*
I don't watch Bind and the ball. I just appreciated the effort!
Wow at that Zyra spotlight.

Here are a bunch of shots of Zyra doing really badly mid lane. Notice how she can walk directly towards Viktor and take massive damage from his laser each time, but sometimes she can kill someone after she dies.

Or, notice how you can pick up an assist when a low-ish health skarner walks into your team and dances. >_>
I felt like it was more of a thing where everyone but Zyra did badly. Viktor going in on Zyra at level five...I mean seriously. Most Spotlights are pretty lazily constructed though so whatever.

Ferrio

Banned
I imagine it's like the day before the spotlight and they forgot to do any footage. So they randomly record a video from some casuals and make the best of it.

Feature

Banned
I don't watch Bind and the ball. I just appreciated the effort!

I felt like it was more of a thing where everyone but Zyra did badly. Viktor going in on Zyra at level five...I mean seriously. Most Spotlights are pretty lazily constructed though so whatever.

Have you never noticed how they'll put the spotlighted champion a couple levels above their opponent to make them look strong? It's a piece of shit tactic to get people to buy her but it probably works.

Ken

Have you never noticed how they'll put the spotlighted champion a couple levels above their opponent to make them look strong? It's a piece of shit tactic to get people to buy her but it probably works.

Actually that shows how good the new champion is in laning and XP getting.

Day 1.

Boken

Banned
Zyra Spotlight: http://youtu.be/v9DLY0Qrcm4
Release imminent.

Anybody notice the new baron buff? its a purple little Trapezium. I think it needs a size buff.
Baron: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DLY0Qrcm4&feature=player_detailpage#t=273s
blue and red: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DLY0Qrcm4&feature=player_detailpage#t=211s
Baron isn't spiky enough imo.

Most spotlights are constructed from real games on the PBE or inhouse with Riot.

dimb

That sounds like it would take way more work than just making throwing stuff together.
Just saw the spotlight, don't you think that the AP Mid builds are always the same with the current meta and items available?
It's a bit unfortunate where other roles can have different builds regarding the other team comp.
No. AP mids have the most diverse set of item choices right now and I think you're crazy when I have to build the same thing every time on my support/jungle/AD carry/etc. There is situational building for everything, but AP mids have the most available and viable choices to them.

Ferga

Were you playing this time 2 years ago?

The spotlights were ridiculous. Phreak would be 4-6 levels ahead with a legendary status, killing people with a few auto attacks and everyone would call the champ op in the comments.

Okay okay.. then how bout a roamer where their only duty is to help push the towers. So they help mid get the tower really really low, then top the bot. Then all 3 lanes destroy their towers at once.

that sounds like a crappier version of clg.na poke comp where they push all the turrets and start to play aram at mid with the ap carry poking with blue buff until they reach the nexus and win

Guiz

No. AP mids have the most diverse set of item choices right now and I think you're crazy when I have to build the same thing every time on my support/jungle/AD carry/etc. There is situational building for everything, but AP mids have the most available and viable choices to them.

That must be because I don't play that much AP Mid, but most of the time I have the same build if my champ doesn't a big amount of mana or if he has no mana at all.

dimb

Even just between mana regen items you can go Tear, Chalice, or Catalyst. There aren't enough items in the game, but I feel this problem the least on AP mids.

Boken

Banned
That must be because I don't play that much AP Mid, but most of the time I have the same build if my champ doesn't a big amount of mana or if he has no mana at all.

1st item choice is pretty important:
Dcap - pure damage
RoA - all rounder/tankiness
Abyssal - Mpen for your whole team
WotA - high base damage or poke team or vlad/kennen/x
Zhonyas - Ahri/morgana/kennen/vlad
Rylais - dont do this unless you know what youre doing (terrible AP per gold, only decent on high base damage champs in a kite team)

You know what LoL needs? A male fox champion with thief mechanics:
fantasticmrfox1.jpg

Guiz

What do you build? That Grail/Chalice thing?

Champ with no need of mana : Sorcerer/Mercury Boots, Abyssal, Zhonya, Rabadon, Will of the Ancients, Void Staff/Rylai

Champ with big need of mana : Same boots, Rod of Ages, Archangel(rarely)/Athene Grail, Abyssal, Rabadon, Void Staff

That's why I said the builds are typically the same. The order is not defined in this list, it depends on how I feel on my lane.

dimb

You forgot Teemo jungle, which somehow won against you guys that one time.

LoL needs a new yordle champion.
I will never own Teemo.
Champ with no need of mana : Sorcerer/Mercury Boots, Abyssal, Zhonya, Rabadon, Will of the Ancients, Void Staff/Rylai

Champ with big need of mana : Same boots, Rod of Ages, Archangel(rarely)/Athene Grail, Abyssal, Rabadon, Void Staff

That's why I said the builds are typically the same. The order is not defined in this list, it depends on how I feel on my lane.
I think you are oversimplifying things. Different mages have different needs that vary depending on both the enemy team comp and their own. Pretty much every champion has specific items they want, but mages tend to have more opportunities and chances to take with item order.

Boken

Banned

The order is incredibly important. Team fights begin when you're halfway to your second item or when you just finish your first item.

I guess the real problem is that many people usually go for maximum damage and so there should be several viable max damage items.

Phreak will play the fox thief as a jungler.

Ferga

You know what LoL needs? A male fox champion with thief mechanics:

Passive: Auto attacks deal bonus damage while stealing the passive stat of a random item of your target for 5 seconds. If the item is a potion or elixir, it will be stolen/used instead.

Cooldown of 10seconds.

I have always wanted to see something like this in Lol. Should be on a mobile, squishy, stealth, assassin jungler.

Ken

Passive: Auto attacks deal bonus damage while stealing the passive stat of a random item of your target for 5 seconds. If the item is a potion or elixir, it will be stolen/used instead.

Cooldown of 10seconds.

I have always wanted to see something like this in Lol. Should be on a mobile, squishy, stealth, assassin jungler.

You'll probably get something like every auto attack on enemy champions gives you 1 gold.

Also ignores unit collision.

scy

Top lane sucks right now.

In solo queue / against terrible players, snowballing top lane is almost a guaranteed win due to how they scale with items and when they hit their stride for most games (~2-3 completed items). Plus, well, bad players.

Though, winning mid lane should be about the same result honestly. It's less about the lane itself and more that getting ahead on items and denying the other lanes with your advantage leads to winning games. I just find it easiest to win top lane.

Scene is solo queue. OUR DARIUS is feeding.

OUR DARIUS: "I dont't understand how I'm losing this lane to this sion"
ME: "You bought GP10 items so you are extremely weak"
OUR DARIUS: "Watch some streams noob all tops buy GP10s"

OUR DARIUS contiues feeding.

FIN.

Guiz

FIN.

I guess Darius is the new Yi!!

Ken

FIN.

*clap clap*

garath

FIN.

Hehe.

I've found most of the Darius's I've been playing with lately have actually been very good. He is a beast in a teamfight. Build him a little tanky and he just ults anyone who gets low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom