• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nooo, keep arguing here in public, for science. What else going entertain me at work.
tRHvY.png

Waiting for the posts about how Wriggles is good on Skarner.

dimb

How does one jungle this scorpion? I need I new jungler.
Boots/pots start. Maybe armor/pots if you are still learning him and want easy clears and know you'll build Ninja Tabi. Max Q first, W second. Ignore leveling your E until you have to.

Build Philo first. Fit in Heart of Gold after if you can. Look to build an early Shurelia's and Glacial Shroud. Build accordingly from there. Strong items include Wit's End, Frozen Heart, Randuin's, Guardian Angel. Consider Force of Nature if you really need MR.

Make sure you run Smite/Flash. It makes you very dangerous because you can Flash in and grab, so you'll zone teams out more. Be conservative with your mana if you are donating blue. Skarner is an even better pickup with manaless champs though because his clear times are pretty amazing with blue buff. Take advantage of the speed on your W to counter jungle and move around the map a lot.

EXGN

Do you just buy GP5s?

Pretty much. GP5s into your typical tank items (Frozen, Randuins, choice MR) and maybe a Sheen into Trinity if you're bleeding money and doing really well early game.

Don't level E until you have to. It's probably the worst skill in the game.

It's an all right sustain ability on lane Skarner but yeah... not worth the mana cost in the jungle, especially if you aren't hogging blues.

Do you just buy GP5s?

Regrowth Pendant + Potion... though you can start with Boots + potions if you want to come out a bit healthier and for earlier ganks.

My core on him is always boots1 + HoG. After that, the next item is from the following:
- Merc Treads (need tenacity and MR)
- Wit's End (need moar MR + damage)
- Sheen (if you are stomping)
- Aegis (bulkiness for an early oracle)
- Philo (mid needs blue)

Don't get lifesteal on him. 1 pt in E is all the sustain you'd want.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Regrowth Pendant + Potion... though you can start with Boots + potions if you want to come out a bit healthier and for earlier ganks.

My core on him is always boots1 + HoG. After that, the next item is from the following:
- Philo (mid needs blue)

This is pretty much how I build him with the excpetion of Aegis. Wriggle's is so bad on Skarner. lol.

EXGN

- Philo (mid needs blue)

Why Wit's End on Skarner? He doesn't seem like he synergizes well with AS and mainly uses his Q to clear jungle. Wit's End is a really good item, but it doesn't seem like it would be too useful on him (at least in comparison to other MR items like FON, which gives him better MS).

Agree with the rest of the build though, I start Regrowth as well.

Boken

Banned
Why Wit's End on Skarner? He doesn't seem like he synergizes well with AS and mainly uses his Q to clear jungle. Wit's End is a really good item, but it doesn't seem like it would be too useful on him (at least in comparison to other MR items like FON, which gives him better MS).

Must be trolling?

Or just havent played skarner

kayos90

Wait wut? Dude. Did you forget about his passive?

Boken

Banned
Posting really late but skarners passive decreases the cd of skills by 1 when champions are hit.

Everybody is forgetting how powerful CDR is on skarner. (except soda)

CDR reduces the base cd by a % amount, but his passive still has the same effectivenes. CDR makes his passive EVEN STRONGER than AS

Seriously guys, dont forget Frozen Heart or Shuryelias on skarner.

THIS IS A PSA FROM BOKEN

Blizzard

Banned
Autoattacking towers won't reduce the cooldown at all, tragically, so you can't quickly recharge your ult and drag towers along with you like some sort of scorpion tow-truck.

kayos90

Autoattacking towers won't reduce the cooldown at all, tragically, so you can't quickly recharge your ult and drag towers along with you like some sort of scorpion tow-truck.

It's okay. You can drag the enemy Fiddle ult into your team. LOL.

EXGN

Honestly, even with the passive in mind, I don't know if I like Wit's End. More abilities means he's gonna go OOM quicker. I think I'd still rather go FH/Merc Treads/Shurelias/FON/Randuins. IMO, move speed is more important than AS on Skarner, esp with the CDR for Shurelias/FH.

But yeah, I could see why Wit's End would be a good pickup. I've just never used it personally.

scy

This picture is amazing.

And nice Zyra score, Kiunch. What do you think of her?

Well, just to add my thoughts so far are that her zoning in lane is good and her low cooldowns (helped by her W passive, dat 3.8s Q without blue) give her some surprisingly good damage. The plants scale with player level which makes up a little for their "bad" AP scaling (26 + 6*level + .2AP) and her ultimate is really good all-round. +50% Attack Speed on her plants, good damage itself, and an area of effect knockup? Going to be some nasty AoE team comps for that setup I imagine.

Granted, a lot of early kills with her now feel more like people not aware of what kind of damage to expect from a W -> Q -> W -> E burst + plant fire. Still, zoning out even at towers with her plants feels nice :x

But, seriously, she does good damage and the plants are a lot more useful all game than you'd think. I haven't yet found the E plants that useful since they deal the same damage as Q ones and aren't ranged so there's that. I mean, the snare is nice but her damage is pretty good that you can just get two Q plants up and either force a Flash or just outright get the kill.

Edit: Oh, the true damage nuke from her passive is hilarious. I guess everyone knows it now so they try to juke it now :( It has an awkward delay on firing so it's harder to land than it should be for a line nuke. Still, up to 550 true damage? So good.

garath

This is the difference between the pros and the rest of us. Despite all the harassment Froggen was taking, he still had 205 cs at 20 min with Karthus. Now he's at 300 at 30min with a deathcap, voidstaff and rod of ages. His ult is SO strong.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
This picture is amazing.

And nice Zyra score, Kiunch. What do you think of her?

People don’t know how to fight her yet, so I can’t tell you how good she lane. Only thing I know is lulu destroy me in lane =/.

Zyra have really good harass, all her skills are slow skillshot. Q timing is similar cho’s Q, and E is very slow traveling root that hit multiple targets. The turret she set deny a huge moving space for the opponent. It is distracting enough that people are having a problem deciding whether to waste time to kill the plant or champion in teamfight.

That ult tho, dat freaking ult, it is exactly like malp ult, except it cover the same area as maokai’s ult. The delay is 2 seconds long, but most champion will not be able to escape w/o flash. It also had the “morgana mental stun” effect during team fight, which when enemy see your ult activate during team fight, everyone will stop doing damage and start running toward random direction trying to escape. The damage is meh and the stun is only annoying, but people split up and run around instead of doing damage when they see the ult. A 1.5 seconds stun suddenly became 4 seconds hard cc + janna ult.

The ratio suck, but if you set it near a champion it will land at least 3 hits, since it is instant cast you can set your seed after skillshot (like EQWW). At mid game w/o any CDR item, she has zero mana or seed outage problem. Her team fight is as good as hiem with good positioning, except she never have ammo problem, so even if you wasted your seed on the wrong place you can set them again when fight start.

Only played 3 games, haven't lose once.

dimb

Honestly, even with the passive in mind, I don't know if I like Wit's End. More abilities means he's gonna go OOM quicker. I think I'd still rather go FH/Merc Treads/Shurelias/FON/Randuins. IMO, move speed is more important than AS on Skarner, esp with the CDR for Shurelias/FH.

But yeah, I could see why Wit's End would be a good pickup. I've just never used it personally.
As an item I'm not really a fan of Force of Nature. The cost is extremely high and you get two things that don't synergize that well: a massive amount of MR and a pretty underwhelming of health regen. There are certain situations where it makes sense to consider, but I never really find it fits my playstyle well. I don't tend to feel like it makes tanks threatening enough for the gold investment/item slot, but this might just be more of a personal preference.

scy

The turret she set deny a huge moving space for the opponent. It is distracting enough that people are having a problem deciding whether to waste time to kill the plant or champion in teamfight.

Right now, that's probably her greatest strength. People are spending too much time with the turrets. They either kill ones they don't need to or are self-zoned out of fear of them. That or they don't care and get themselves in bad situations and get punished by them.

Don't know how long that'll last though :(

That ult tho, dat freaking ult, it is exactly like malp ult, except it cover the same area as maokai’s ult. The delay is 2 seconds long, but most champion will not be able to escape w/o flash. It also had the “morgana mental stun” effect during team fight, which when enemy see your ult activate during team fight, everyone will stop doing damage and start running toward random direction trying to escape. The damage is meh and the stun is only annoying, but people split up and run around instead of doing damage when they see the ult. A 1.5 seconds stun suddenly became 4 seconds hard cc + janna ult.

I'm waiting to see the frantic escape from Zyra ult + Nunu ult.

The ratio suck, but if you set it near a champion it will land at least 3 hits, since it is instant cast you can set your seed after skillshot (like EQWW).

I think I prefer WQWE for setting it up. Makes sure I get my two plants up as the ranged ones rather than the melee. They do the same damage and, generally, the snare isn't that big of a deal. If I do want it though, I can just delay the second W or place it outside the Q.

Don't know what I think is the best approach yet, though; theoretically, getting an extra plant hit thanks to the snare should make up for the melee range. Plus maybe a Zyra auto in there. Hm.

She is fun, though. I'm enjoying her.

XeroSauce

Well, just to add my thoughts so far are that her zoning in lane is good and her low cooldowns (helped by her W passive, dat 3.8s Q without blue) give her some surprisingly good damage. The plants scale with player level which makes up a little for their "bad" AP scaling (26 + 6*level + .2AP) and her ultimate is really good all-round. +50% Attack Speed on her plants, good damage itself, and an area of effect knockup? Going to be some nasty AoE team comps for that setup I imagine.

Granted, a lot of early kills with her now feel more like people not aware of what kind of damage to expect from a W -> Q -> W -> E burst + plant fire. Still, zoning out even at towers with her plants feels nice :x

But, seriously, she does good damage and the plants are a lot more useful all game than you'd think. I haven't yet found the E plants that useful since they deal the same damage as Q ones and aren't ranged so there's that. I mean, the snare is nice but her damage is pretty good that you can just get two Q plants up and either force a Flash or just outright get the kill.

Edit: Oh, the true damage nuke from her passive is hilarious. I guess everyone knows it now so they try to juke it now :( It has an awkward delay on firing so it's harder to land than it should be for a line nuke. Still, up to 550 true damage? So good.

Getting two Q's down is better for damage, getting at least one E down is better for the slow it provides, not much else.

scy

Getting two Q's down is better for damage, getting at least one E down is better for the slow it provides, not much else.

That's the thing though. Let's assume two Qs hit four times each before they get out of range. That's 7 total hits of actual damage (second plant deals 25% less damage).

If we switch it to EQ and assume that gets you one (maybe two?) extra turret hits in but maybe only two of the lasher, that's 6.5-7.5 total hits. That's not counting keeping them closer for an extra Zyra auto. Of course, it also assumes that the Q gets the full damage rather than the E ones and I don't think that would be the case (which lowers the damage to 5.75-6.5).

Feels like they're relatively close in damage. I need to try things out and see just how many hits it can give rather than guesswork at it, though, since all the above means nothing without real data. If nothing else, planting an E behind someone can force a change in escape routes which may keep them in range longer than it should have normally.

...still, double Q is just easier to work with for the damage. It will probably be the go to route for everything but pursues. And I'd definitely go that route for which plants to have up for her ultimate to work with as well.

XeroSauce

That's the thing though. Let's assume two Qs hit four times each before they get out of range. That's 7 total hits of actual damage (second plant deals 25% less damage).

If we switch it to EQ and assume that gets you one (maybe two?) extra turret hits in but maybe only two of the lasher, that's 6.5-7.5 total hits. That's not counting keeping them closer for an extra Zyra auto. Of course, it also assumes that the Q gets the full damage rather than the E ones and I don't think that would be the case (which lowers the damage to 5.75-6.5).

Feels like they're relatively close in damage. I need to try things out and see just how many hits it can give rather than guesswork at it, though, since all the above means nothing without real data. If nothing else, planting an E behind someone can force a change in escape routes which may keep them in range longer than it should have normally.

...still, double Q is just easier to work with for the damage. It will probably be the go to route for everything but pursues. And I'd definitely go that route for which plants to have up for her ultimate to work with as well.

Even with the plants I feel like she doesn't do much damage. :/
I've only played her on PBE so maybe she's changed.

With the cooldown on her Q, it's just so much easier to pop 2 seeds and Q, then another seed and E or Q later.

kayos90

As an item I'm not really a fan of Force of Nature. The cost is extremely high and you get two things that don't synergize that well: a massive amount of MR and a pretty underwhelming of health regen. There are certain situations where it makes sense to consider, but I never really find it fits my playstyle well. I don't tend to feel like it makes tanks threatening enough for the gold investment/item slot, but this might just be more of a personal preference.

FoN is so good in ARAM. If you're going against an AP heavy team. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom