• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Lettuce boob OP! It is like morgana except you don't have to aim! Might as well make her a manaless champion, my mana is full for the entire laning phase.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lettuce boob OP! It is like morgana except you don't have to aim! Might as well make her a manaless champion, my mana is full for the entire laning phase.

I believe the proper term is salad tits.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
New champion sneak peek

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-sneak-peek-diana-scorn-moon

Diana_Teaser.jpg

Pancakes

I think she's an exile from where ever Leona and Patheon are from.

Blizzard

Banned
Has there ever been word on whether they have a target number of champions, or a plan to slow down? Or are they just going to try to release a champion every 2 weeks or so forever?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I love when the AD doesn't take their CS and let it just walk by or expire for like the 1st 5 mins of the game then wonder why I as the support start taking it. Then they bitch. I'm like WTF you were just letting it go at least someone aughta take it.

He had horrible map awareness too and died like all day everyday.

Blizzard

Banned
Zyra needs a nerf. Mana cost is too low and the damage that she gets for the cost is absurd pretty much.
Is this the inevitable champion-is-OP reaction 1-2 days after each champion release? Is it actually that bad, or is it going to become nearly silent 6 days after release like Jayce?

*edit* Also, notice the subtle crotch shot on the new champion.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is this the inevitable champion-is-OP reaction 1-2 days after each champion release? Is it actually that bad, or is it going to become nearly silent 6 days after release like Jayce?

No. I don't make stupid posts like that. In all honesty, she needs to be nerfed. When she can do a good 3-4 set of combo rotations with full mana bar and regen, that's when you know it's strong. Combo that in with her damage pre-lvl 6 with her E and her Q, and you got a recipe for kill-burst. I think that she actually has the highest burst before level 6 because of how much her turrets do right now in laning. It's absurd.

Blizzard

Banned
No. I don't make stupid posts like that. In all honesty, she needs to be nerfed. When she can do a good 3-4 set of combo rotations with full mana bar and regen, that's when you know it's strong. Combo that in with her damage pre-lvl 6 with her E and her Q, and you got a recipe for kill-burst. I think that she actually has the highest burst before level 6 because of how much her turrets do right now in laning. It's absurd.
This sounds like exaggeration, but if it's true, I'd better buy her quick before she's nerfed. Someone teach me how to play mid lane so I can lane awesome with her. ;(

Q8D3vil

its retarded how good zyra in mid, do you guys remember how we were comparing darius to garen in when he was released and how much darius is better than him, imo its the same between zyra and heim.

Volimar

Well heimer's being reworked. By the time they're done, he'll be throwing out so many projectiles, I probably won't be able to play him anymore due to fps drops...

Feature

Banned
Oh god that Malzahar. Why no pool under ult? Why no MF before or after ult? Why no silence after ult? Why no ignite during ult?

Whhyyyyyy

Yep, I hate it when people do not pool under the hero they're ulting. It does so much extra damage it's sick. Malz end game is super strong imo, that toxic he does can take a AD carry down to half health. It's perfect for pushing towers and harassing so hard.

Boken

Banned
Oh god that Malzahar. Why no pool under ult? Why no MF before or after ult? Why no silence after ult? Why no ignite during ult?

Whhyyyyyy

Yep, I hate it when people do not pool under the hero they're ulting. It does so much extra damage it's sick. Malz end game is super strong imo, that toxic he does can take a AD carry down to half health. It's perfect for pushing towers and harassing so hard.
SAY WHAAAAAT

I'll out skill you guys too, yo. Shunpo range is the same as malzahar ult. So if he puddles where I was, it'll miss, but if he puddles where I will Shunpo, I don't have to. Middle isn't as simple as doing some combo, it's about speed too, I was just faster.

Volimar

It's 6am, why am I experiencing an over 20,000k login queue with 20min. wait time? :/

They just finished some maintenance like a half hour ago. The client was down for several hours so everyone was scrambling to get back on.

I'm the only one in neogaf chat...

ALLLLLLBYYYYYYMYYYYYYSEEEEEEEELLLLLFFFFF

Wrekt

SAY WHAAAAAT

I'll out skill you guys too, yo. Shunpo range is the same as malzahar ult. So if he puddles where I was, it'll miss, but if he puddles where I will Shunpo, I don't have to.

If you did this a month ago, you might have a point. Pool is insta-cast now though. A good Malzahar would have just E'd you, put a pool down under himself when you shunpo'd and then ulted you and ignited during the ult if it looked like you might survive the combo.

scy

To add to kayos' thoughts, her damage is really cost effective and she'll regen it without too much worry. She'll have enough base regen (maybe add runes) to sustain her combo nearly indefinitely, even with her passive CDR from her W. Lets compare her to Ahri who has 20 less starting Mana (same per level), 0.85 less starting regen (and 0.15 less per level) while having similar costs (slightly higher since Zyra's seeds are free).

That said, I don't think it's bad enough for her to be totally overpowered. Zyra has low defenses, low HP, and no escape outside of a skillshot snare/slow turrets. She's safe when zoning but she can get destroyed when approached. Maybe tweak her mana costs up a little to compensate her staying power in lane but she'd still have no real mana problems after an early Doran's without some massive cost changes which may end up being too much.

As for her damage itself, it's pretty good. It doesn't scale well (.6 Q, .5 E, .7 R, .2 turrets) but high base values and Level scaling on her turrets makes up for it. Gives her a really good early-to-mid game but she loses out a bit late game. Personally speaking, anyway.

Edit: I will say that the most ridiculous thing to me right now is her Q plants can proc Rylai's. :|

This sounds like exaggeration, but if it's true, I'd better buy her quick before she's nerfed. Someone teach me how to play mid lane so I can lane awesome with her. ;(

Last hit really well. Personally, I don't think mid has much extra to learn besides map awareness, positioning, and last hitting. Not to say "lol so ez" or anything. Just that just treat it like a lane but keep in mind how exposed you are and farm like a boss.

Wrekt

It's always best to ward both sides, but if you have to back and money is a little tight, you can ward 1 side (I recommend wraith side.) Then when you are laning, favor that side and try to avoid going up near the unwarded brush. That way if a gank comes from the unwarded side, you can either try to squeeze back in to your tower or escape through your warded brush.

Now that I'm nearing level 30, I'm noticing that team comps are actually sort of decent (though I still have to play support because no one will), and no one plays Yi or Tryndamere anymore.

garath

Now that I'm nearing level 30, I'm noticing that team comps are actually sort of decent (though I still have to play support because no one will), and no one plays Yi or Tryndamere anymore.

Yep, definitely true. Though you still get the complete absurd team comps that boggle the mind sometimes. Like Kat mid, Vlad and Gangplank top, Malphite and Jayce bottom.

That game didn't go places.

I never see Yi anymore, but still see a Tryn once in awhile. And if you start doing Normal drafts it gets even more "meta". I still do some of both because the queue for normal drafts can get up there.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yep, definitely true. Though you still get the complete absurd team comps that boggle the mind sometimes. Like Kat mid, Vlad and Gangplank top, Malphite and Jayce bottom.

That game didn't go places.

I never see Yi anymore, but still see a Tryn once in awhile. And if you start doing Normal drafts it gets even more "meta". I still do some of both because the queue for normal drafts can get up there.

Wait wut>

scy

Wait wut>

I was assuming it was that there were two tops rather than who they were. Both are legitimate top picks. The only oddball part of that team was Malphite/Jayce bot and based off the other choices, it's not even necessarily that bad of a call.

Edit: Well, someone should have been jungling obviously but still.

garath

Wait wut>

I was assuming it was that there were two tops rather than who they were. Both are legitimate top picks. The only oddball part of that team was Malphite/Jayce bot and based off the other choices, it's not even necessarily that bad of a call.

Edit: Well, someone should have been jungling obviously but still.

Yeah.. No one wanted to jungle so it was me (Vlad) and GP top.

There are games you know in your heart of hearts that you should dodge and wait the 5 minutes.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a game last night where the other team messed with the meta by using a support gangplank and/or teemo bot lane. I don't even remember if Teemo was AP or not but I'm assuming AD/AS.

Top lane fed Jayce like crazy, I fed Akali like crazy (I'm convinced I don't know how to play any lane or champion anymore, for the most part), and presumably the only thing that saved us was our lee sin jungler doing well and our bottom lane doing well...because they mucked with the meta. Ashe didn't seem to have very good ult arrows, but bot lane had done well enough that gangplank + teemo screwed over the other team and we won a couple of lategame teamfights to come back and win. I don't think we ever even got baron, while the other team had it multiple times.

Someone I know has suggested that it would be neat if another gold stream was available, or some sort of option that would allow for variation in the meta, but it doesn't seem like Riot would like to do that. And since I didn't get an answer about whether they had a target number of champions or would like to slow down, I assume they're going to release a champion and two skins every two weeks until the end of time. :p

scy

Yeah.. No one wanted to jungle so it was me (Vlad) and GP top.

There are games you know in your heart of hearts that you should dodge and wait the 5 minutes.

Honestly, I've given up caring about team comps in normal games. If they win their lane, I don't care what they chose. Granted, if they pick like that then they're probably not good enough to win their lane but ... still. That said, I hate two top. Whenever it happens, my partner in lane just pushes to tower and keeps the wave there the entire time. And it's always a goddamn Garen spintowin and being useless which brings my effectiveness down as a result.

I think that's why I want to play mid so bad right now. Nobody ever does two mid!
First game tonight will be two mid as punishment for this sentence

And since I didn't get an answer about whether they had a target number of champions or would like to slow down, I assume they're going to release a champion and two skins every two weeks until the end of time. :p

Until they have all of the money.

Wrekt

The only oddball part of that team was Malphite/Jayce bot and based off the other choices, it's not even necessarily that bad of a call.

I picked Malphite for jungle once, then a teammate switched champs at the last second and also switched to smite. He wouldn't give up the jungle so I went to support bot lane with full jungle masteries and smite.

We absolutely crushed that game. With constant Malphite Q harassment and the insane starting armor I had, we zoned them from level 1. Our AD was 4 levels ahead at one point. It was awesome.

scy

I picked Malphite for jungle once, then a teammate switched champs at the last second and also switched to smite. He wouldn't give up the jungle so I went to support bot lane with full jungle masteries and smite.

We absolutely crushed that game. With constant Malphite Q harassment and the insane starting armor I had, we zoned them from level 1. Our AD was 4 levels ahead at one point. It was awesome.

It was mostly the Jayce bot, but it's not like they really had any other ranged for it. Malphite would probably have crushed top (unless it was a non-AD top) as well. Still, yeah, Malphite's Q and general tankiness can make for a pretty strange but aggressive bot lane. Especially if it's two AD that are contesting each other for farm while also being zoned out all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom