• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once he gets a few levels he's an immovable sustain snowball. Get pressure on him early and get some MR/sustain. Otherwise, he will keep you at tower indefinitely.
That is what happened to me. I started out fine hurting him with the passive but after his 1st B I was getting zoned by his harass. Literally nothing I could do. We could trade evenly but he would consume and I would be at a disadvantage.

Blizzard

Banned
What are the best strategies against Darius top lane? I think he did either 496 or 596 true damage at level 11 or level 12. That seems like a good bit of unavoidable true damage at a low level to me. Do you just have to stack health or play a ranged champion to avoid it, or wait until he can be stun-burst by an AP mage?

Ken

What are the best strategies against Darius top lane? I think he did either 496 or 596 true damage at level 11 or level 12. That seems like a good bit of unavoidable true damage at a low level to me. Do you just have to stack health or play a ranged champion to avoid it, or wait until he can be stun-burst by an AP mage?

Exhaust?

Blizzard

Banned
Exhaust cooldown is longer than Darius' ult cooldown, isn't it? And that's even assuming you react quickly enough to use exhaust in between the pull (does that disrupt/prevent summoner spells from going off) and the ult. Does exhaust reduce the true damage from the ult? *edit* Already beaten regarding that particular reduction.

I am thinking Cho'gath with rod of ages or something might be decent against him. Cho'gath has always seemed like a bit of a weird tank though, since tanks are presumably supposed to get focused, and presumably supposed to die before their team if needed. Yet Cho'gath has abilities actively focused towards NOT dying, since he is punished with minutes of ult-charging if he does.

New splash arts seem to be getting worse and worse.

Also, I somehow managed to avoid the summer kids until yesterday. Nothing but trolls and terrible players on both teams.

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm...

True Exhaust.

5000 RP

Oh yeah, a Riven beat J Rizzle's Darius yesterday pretty badly so maybe her. But it was Battle Bunny Riven so I don't know how Classic Riven stacks up against Darius.
To be fair, it was J Rizzle, so he probably didn't even use his ult heyooooo etc.

New splash arts seem to be getting worse and worse.

Also, I somehow managed to avoid the summer kids until yesterday. Nothing but trolls and terrible players on both teams.
Normal draft normally seems pretty decent for me, but yesterday I got like two or three games in a row with weird raging/troll premade people. One game had them insisting on Janna top and Akali jungle. I think Janna got first blood on Rumble but got crushed after that.

XeroSauce

Stack health and sustain, do trades before 6 with champs that can (Riven, Rumble), avoid fighting when low, or save red pots when low, pop it when they ult because they generally use it as a finale after all of their cooldowns.

scy

Kite his passive, really. Trade efficiently to get him low, don't try to duel him from 100% to 0%. Try to outsustain him in lane. Darius isn't that bad to deal with in lane since he's easy to get away from (unless he always lands his hook and you have a non-mobile champ) and he doesn't deal a lot of damage outside of a 5 stack ult.

Hmm...

True Exhaust.

5000 RP

Oh yeah, a Riven beat J Rizzle's Darius yesterday pretty badly so maybe her. But it was Battle Bunny Riven so I don't know how Classic Riven stacks up against Darius.

Yea I have no experience with Darius vs Riven. Plus getting ganked twice and dying before I even hit 6 didn't help.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Holy cow, shitty art(ash) to replace the perfectly good one.

Lux ult name change (booo)

Cho buff just right before a legendary skin.

I don't like the direction they are going.

XeroSauce

Holy cow, shitty art(ash) to replace the perfectly good one.

Lux ult name change (booo)

Cho buff just right before a legendary skin.

I don't like the direction they are going.

I can't blame them for this, it just happens to be coincidence. You don't notice when champs get buffed without skins, or new skins without buffs. Hell, some champs got nerfed with a release of a new skin.

Lux's ult name was stupid. Come at me bros.

Go Funkeln yourself.

This is one of my top 3 favorite GAF games ever.

lolbestgafgameever.png

We were down by about 60 cs on bottom lane at one point and I was 0-2 due to being ganked by Alistair SEVEN TIMES by the 20 minute mark.

Then they got greedy at baron and I managed to mop up 3 kills. Even though we lost a fight at dragon right after, we had nothing but some of the smartest plays I've seen GAF make and won three big team fights right after, securing baron again.

I managed to ult Kennen right in the face as he came in during those fights and we just melted him.

GG GAF

Ken

Last two fights Kennen was basically stunned from 100-0% with his ult lasting a grand .25 seconds in the final fight.

I guess my only option is to just constantly gank from now on, I leave the laners alone for 1 minute and all I hear is "an allie has been slain"...

Blizzard

Banned
Smart play from GAF? Impossible! *worf face*

I just laned against a BuffedBrand. I didn't seem to notice a difference, and our team won the game, but I did get owned in farm (and got ganked twice in a row due to being stupid). We had a jungle nasus that actually seemed to work. I didn't realize that was even very feasible with the Q, but I guess it is.

XeroSauce

Please trust me on this, the skin is balls to the wall awesome. The dance is just spectacular and gets a lot of laughs when you help leashing, the various voice clips and effects that he does when he levels and activates his Spikes are PFE tier, and the animation for literally everything (walking, attacking, Q, E on and off, R, everything) is fantastic, FANTASTIC.

I'm trying to get my fill of the skin on the PBE so that I don't have to buy it but it's SO GOOD

Go Funkeln yourself.

This is one of my top 3 favorite GAF games ever.

lolbestgafgameever.png

We were down by about 60 cs on bottom lane at one point and I was 0-2 due to being ganked by Alistair SEVEN TIMES by the 20 minute mark.

Then they got greedy at baron and I managed to mop up 3 kills. Even though we lost a fight at dragon right after, we had nothing but some of the smartest plays I've seen GAF make and won three big team fights right after, securing baron again.

I managed to ult Kennen right in the face as he came in during those fights and we just melted him.

GG GAF
We did get ganked a lot, but seriously, you played very smart. You just outplayed them several times in the beginning where I thought they would get you, to the point that I think Ali actually wasted a lot of time.

Q8D3vil

just tried new chogath in the jungle but the game was one sided after we invade and got 3 kills it didnt matter, need to try him in a real game.

mercviper

We did get ganked a lot, but seriously, you played very smart. You just outplayed them several times in the beginning where I thought they would get you, to the point that I think Ali actually wasted a lot of time.

Schmatta, we need to dive turrets more to make it more of a GAF game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Graves is so good. If only I played more of him before his Q nerf.
He also got his range nerfed, his mana pool and costs nerfed, his ult damage cooldown timer nerfed, and his passive nerfed.

Q8D3vil

to say the least they should nerf his q and make it work on enemy units only.
if only playing him wasnt dumb and was actually fun :/
dumb character is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom