• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

So apparently, sejuani is one of those farming junglers who don't gank. I learn new things every day in solo queue.

-sarcasm-

EXGN

What are the best strategies against Darius top lane? I think he did either 496 or 596 true damage at level 11 or level 12. That seems like a good bit of unavoidable true damage at a low level to me. Do you just have to stack health or play a ranged champion to avoid it, or wait until he can be stun-burst by an AP mage?

Kayle is my go-to champ against Darius. Q to slow when he comes to initiate, then punish with E. Your Ult completely cancels his ult. Every Darius I've faced, I've shut down HARD and gone like 4/0 in lane.

One time the jungle Jarvan came and tried to gank after I killed Darius once. NP, double kill.

Wrekt

what is the best way right now to play kayle ? she was my first champion but i didnt play her in along time.

Attack speed reds, armor yellows, MR per level blues, flat AD quints, offensive masteries, build her AD (don't try any of that hybrid shit that you may remember), R>Q>E>W.

EXGN

Attack speed reds, armor yellows, MR per level blues, flat AD quints, offensive masteries, build her AD (don't try any of that hybrid shit that you may remember), R>Q>E>W.

To add to this: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=22452

Play her mainly as a top laner. As an AP mid, she's not that great because she does mixed damage and you'll need a real AP top. As an AD carry, she's alright but awful in prolonged team fights because of the E downtime. As support, she can be alright in a kill lane, but forget about using the W as anything but a movespeed buff. As a jungler, she's alright depending on the team comp - you need a tanky top lane because Kayle will build mainly AD carry style.

In conclusion: She's great top, but pretty situational. Kayle isn't someone like Rumble/Shen/Malphite that you can pick every game and have reasonable expectations to be a game-changer.

Q8D3vil

good, hybrid works in twisted treeline amazingly because u need support with multiple rules but fail in 5v5 when i tried it.
will try it if im against darius.

also, im running movement speed on all of my junglers now, im getting insane kills inches away from the tower because of the additional movement speed.

MrKayle

kayle support CAN work really well if you have an adc that synergises well with her shield. way way way back in the day i used to duo kayle+twitch. when he ulted, i would ult him - the other team would fall quickly.

if only that heal was a lil more powerful. it's the lowest heal in the game iirc lolol

Graves is so good. If only I played more of him before his Q nerf.

Release Graves was one of the most OP champs I've ever seen. He hit like a truck and buckshot into ult + ignite did INSANE damage. Like it was an instant kill against any AD carry.

We did get ganked a lot, but seriously, you played very smart. You just outplayed them several times in the beginning where I thought they would get you, to the point that I think Ali actually wasted a lot of time.

Thanks man. Those heals helped a lot.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Release Graves was one of the most OP champs I've ever seen. He hit like a truck and buckshot into ult + ignite did INSANE damage. Like it was an instant kill against any AD carry.

Vayne and Corki still hold the BS meter on how broke they use to be when it comes to ranged ad carries. I'd say old sivr rocked but that been so long I doubt most here remember it. Vayne only required me to have AS runes for like the first two patches. No cost on tumble plus broke damage stats you literally killed anything you could all game with almost no ways to counter it. Before they screwed corki all you had to was gatling gun and watch the kills go up be it bot or mid.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Xin Zhao is broken now.
He seems pretty reasonable to me. The melee high damage low survivability role isn't really that desirable, so he's nothing too crazy, but I feel like he does what he should. Riot did a good job with that rework.

XeroSauce

I swear every time I would gank a lane, giving them an advantage, they'd die as soon as I left. Also I had a fucking support nidalee every game, why would you play nidalee support?!

Not bad if they can land AP infused spears, their traps are useful all game and they have great poke and heal.

Q8D3vil

He seems pretty reasonable to me. The melee high damage low survivability role isn't really that desirable, so he's nothing too crazy, but I feel like he does what he should. Riot did a good job with that rework.

only jax is suppose to have high damage high survivability.

i agree that chogath is receiving too much attention for such a low profile character.

i really want them to release some crazy skin for jayce or draven or some decent skin for nocturne.
they need to lower stuff more but i dont think its in their hand to do so.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I hope this happens as well. The week it is released will probably be one of the best weeks to play league :')

I barely get to play her anymore since she's starting to become the new FoTM support :(.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't play SR often but the few times I do I like to go support Kayle first, and then transition into Hybrid or AD.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't play SR often but the few times I do I like to go support Kayle first, and then transition into Hybrid or AD.

Why...? She's not good at either role when played Hybrid. She has a half ass slow Q and a very poor heal, basically a weaker Taric except her E actually pushes the lane. Her ult is neat though it doesn't outweigh her weaknesses.

She's a solid top pick and has great utility played as an pure AD, she's also a B tier jungler but I think she's a poor support.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Stealing cs from other people =/

If a champion need more than boot2 and shurelia to be useful, don't use them as support. Unless the enemy team feed like crazy, there are barely enough farms for 4 players, last thing they need is another farmer.

Blizzard

Banned

If a champion need more than boot2 and shurelia to be useful, don't use them as support. Unless the enemy team feed like crazy, there are barely enough farms for 4 players, last thing they need is another farmer.
Someone suggested mixing up the meta and adding a 5th gold stream, or making it 4v4 so supports aren't needed if Riot insists on nerfed supports and nerfed GP5 items and no 5th gold stream.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Never said I needed to farm. She can get enough gold from assists to not fall off late game like other supports. Unless everyone on your team is at the top of their game with flawless positioning there's going to be times when you're defending or alone in a lane, why not put that farm to good use?
Why...? She's not good at either role when played Hybrid. She has a half ass slow Q and a very poor heal, basically a weaker Taric except her E actually pushes the lane. Her ult is neat though it doesn't outweigh her weaknesses.

She's a solid top pick and has great utility played as an pure AD, she's also a B tier jungler but I think she's a poor support.
Reckoning is great, it is a seriously underestimated skill. Does this make her a great support? No, but she can still be played as one nonetheless. Her ult is invaluable.

And I'm not playing at 2000 ELO, I don't need to minmax my picks every game. Sometimes we need a support and I don't feel like playing Zzzraka or Zzzona.
Yep.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
How couldn't you? I mean, when people say "Faceroll" it's usually being facetious... but no you can really literally roll your face on the keyboard and she'd do fine.

Especially after the recent quick changing of songs. lolz.

Jax is an interesting hero.

If you buff him just slightly in the right area he becomes extremely strong (probably OP)

Minus that, he's strong later in lane but is still very liable to be shut down early because of his lack of innate sustain.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

If you buff him just slightly in the right area he becomes extremely strong (probably OP)

Minus that, he's strong later in lane but is still very liable to be shut down early because of his lack of innate sustain.

He's a great constant burst spammer.

Pancakes

I just realized Sona has the shortest difficulty bar in the game. That sorta hurts my pride :p

Easiest to play but difficult to master. So many people don't understand conserving their power chords.

How couldn't you? I mean, when people say "Faceroll" it's usually being facetious... but no you can really literally roll your face on the keyboard and she'd do fine.

Perhaps in the late game when you have all your items. Facerolling during lane is a great way to get yourself killed.

Especially after the recent quick changing of songs. lolz.

But it's so much fun :D.

Been meaning to try and learn Jax. He snowballs so quickly it's kinda insane.

Q8D3vil

how do you shut down a champion that was made to win 1v1 especially against other AA bruisers, its not like he is darius where the jungler can camp him and shut down because of his lack of escape (which bring us back to jax q working on friendly units).

LCGeek

formerly sane

I don't mind him or xin being strong when they are underpowered they really break up aspects of the meta that can counter certain cheese going around. You can kill a jax with a caster and some smart cc. If you let a jax farm or just kill all game like any other character you deserve a snowball win if the other team is going to feed you it.

Beating jax is easy if you have a team that doesn't spaz when he comes. Let him blow his buffs they have short times. Afterwards give your caster like a cass, veigar, or annie some time to burst and he should die with a little bit of damage afterwards. He counters a lot of AA types and unless you are doing magic damage you're going to have to deal with the fact most good ones have decent damage and armor at the very minimum.

Ferrio

Banned
Perhaps in the late game when you have all your items. Facerolling during lane is a great way to get yourself killed.

Not saying that you won't play great, but you will help somewhat. Any other character you need targetting in some degree and have to worry about CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom