• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snares prevent all movement abilities, and flash, I believe.

Though I could have sworn I saw someone break free...nautilus pull, maybe? I snared him with Zyra and he happily pulled himself to some wall, I guess dragging the vines with him?

In between League's 'ticks' you can break free

Ken

tumblr_m84czijY0F1r81ywyo1_500.png

Swig_

Anyone else have issues with LoL lagging out and disconnecting mid game, then being a pain in the ass to get back into?

This has been a huge problem for me. I can't finish a single game of dominion tonight because it keeps lagging me out, ruining my games.

It's not my internet because that works fine, and when I manually quit a game and reconnect it works again... until it dcs again.

Incrediibly frustrating.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone else have issues with LoL lagging out and disconnecting mid game, then being a pain in the ass to get back into?

This has been a huge problem for me. I can't finish a single game of dominion tonight because it keeps lagging me out, ruining my games.

It's not my internet because that works fine, and when I manually quit a game and reconnect it works again... until it dcs again.

Incrediibly frustrating.
Hasn't happened to me but it's happened to a lot of players in my games.

Gah... I really do hate that Runes are a part of this game... =(
Why would they put them in? =(

So, GAF, help me make 3 rune pages, I want them to be VERY versatile as I will only bother making one for each "type" of hero, as I'm only playing this 'till DotA2 comes out and destroys my need for this. I want an AD rune page, an AP rune page and a Tank rune page. Help? I know it costs something like 10000 IP to make a full rune set, so... yeah, fire away, please.

garath

So, GAF, help me make 3 rune pages, I want them to be VERY versatile as I will only bother making one for each "type" of hero, as I'm only playing this 'till DotA2 comes out and destroys my need for this. I want an AD rune page, an AP rune page and a Tank rune page. Help? I know it costs something like 10000 IP to make a full rune set, so... yeah, fire away, please.

AD:

Flat AD quints, Flat AD marks, flat Armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs

AP:

Flat AP or Movespeed quints (I keep changing my mind), flat magic pen marks, flat armor seals, flat MR glyphs

I've played all my games with those 2 pages. My third page is an Akali page turned support.

edit: whoops, forgot marks for AP page

Wrekt

YT7vq.png

Koomaster

Snares prevent all movement abilities, and flash, I believe.

Though I could have sworn I saw someone break free...nautilus pull, maybe? I snared him with Zyra and he happily pulled himself to some wall, I guess dragging the vines with him?
Noticed this a lot with Zyra; people will either completely break out of the vines or drag themselves out of range but still have the vines attached to them. Strange.

dimb

Jungle page with attack speed reds, armor yellows, scaling MR blues, and movespeed quints.
AP mid page with magic pen. reds, armor or flat magic regen yellows, flat MR blues, flat AP or movespeed quints.
AD carry page with flat AD quints, flat AD reds, armor yellows, scaling MR blues.

Somax

A good jungle Pantheon is true terror.

One of my buddies just started playing jungle Pantheon and is very happy that he found something in which his favorite champion is still a beast.

Meanwhile, I am happy with the Cho'gath buff. Played just one game for now, and I was top instead of jungling as I like, but I devastated a fucking Yorick. That's good.

Q8D3vil

One of my buddies just started playing jungle Pantheon and is very happy that he found something in which his favorite champion is still a beast.

Meanwhile, I am happy with the Cho'gath buff. Played just one game for now, and I was top instead of jungling as I like, but I devastated a fucking Yorick. That's good.

chogath is the natural counter to yorick.
"oh ghouls, thnx for the free mana and heal"

pantheon jungle is all about ganks it seems.

more yi jungle please, i want my free elo.

Blizzard

Banned
I think trying to learn jungle pantheon was one of the reasons my ELO went down by 400 or so. I'd have one or two decent games, but the rest wouldn't work out. I have like a 17% win rate with pantheon. Some day I should retry him, but I think it'll be normal draft unless I start having success.

Guiz

Ah, that explains it. Still 21.

Well if you're not 30 yet, I suggest you to build a "support" rune page. It offers you Armor and MR, builded with GP5 quints and/or seals. You will be more resistant and it'll give you time to work on last hitting if it's not perfect.

Blizzard

Banned
100% GP rune page is the way to go. It'll work great on Midas, the next League Champion.

Passive: Gains an extra 100 gold per minute.
Q: Throws a golden anvil at an enemy. Cost: 50 gold
W: Surrounds himself with a golden shield that absorbs damage for 5 seconds.
E: Throws heavy golden chains at an area. Any enemies become weighted down and heavily slowed for 3 seconds.
R: Enemy turns into a solid gold statue due to the Midas touch. After 2 seconds, they take damage that is boosted the more gold Midas currently has available.

never do this, Riot

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I think trying to learn jungle pantheon was one of the reasons my ELO went down by 400 or so. I'd have one or two decent games, but the rest wouldn't work out. I have like a 17% win rate with pantheon. Some day I should retry him, but I think it'll be normal draft unless I start having success.

Why would you try to learn new characters in ranked?

Koomaster

100% GP rune page is the way to go. It'll work great on Midas, the next League Champion.

Passive: Gains an extra 100 gold per minute.
Q: Throws a golden anvil at an enemy. Cost: 50 gold
W: Surrounds himself with a golden shield that absorbs damage for 5 seconds.
E: Throws heavy golden chains at an area. Any enemies become weighted down and heavily slowed for 3 seconds.
R: Enemy turns into a solid gold statue due to the Midas touch. After 2 seconds, they take damage that is boosted the more gold Midas currently has available.

Riot plz do this!
I agree!

Blizzard

Banned
Why would you try to learn new characters in ranked?
I figured ranked was kind of an experiment to see if I eventually ended up with players near my skill level, and I liked the idea of jungling with pantheon. Yet again, it was probably a jungler that would have benefitted from attack speed runes though, and I have never created a rune page for those.

I think I tried learning katarina in ranked after seeing someone else play her, and that gained me 500 elo or so, so it's not all bad.

I don't know that I ever tried a free week champion in ranked.

Wrekt

I used to play Graves in ranked on free weeks despite not owning him. He was free so often that I saw no point in purchasing him.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I figured ranked was kind of an experiment to see if I eventually ended up with players near my skill level, and I liked the idea of jungling with pantheon. Yet again, it was probably a jungler that would have benefitted from attack speed runes though, and I have never created a rune page for those.

I think I tried learning katarina in ranked after seeing someone else play her, and that gained me 500 elo or so, so it's not all bad.

I don't know that I ever tried a free week champion in ranked.

Never. Ever. Play champions you don't know well in ranked. You're going to be sad if you lose. And others will fucking yell at you for doing shit like that. I autoignore anyone and everyone who plays a champion for the first time in ranked. It's stupid and it makes others suffer.

Wrekt

And others will fucking yell at you for doing shit like that.

Well to be fair, others will yell at you regardless. You could get one shot with Karthus/Ezreal/Ashe/Lux ults from half a lane away and that Support Teemo that is 0/12 20 minutes into the game will throw a bitch fit.

scy

Well to be fair, others will yell at you regardless. You could get one shot with Karthus/Ezreal/Ashe/Lux ults from half a lane away and that Support Teemo that is 0/12 20 minutes into the game will throw a bitch fit.

The more people complain, the more I realize they're terrible players.

Blizzard

Banned
Never. Ever. Play champions you don't know well in ranked. You're going to be sad if you lose. And others will fucking yell at you for doing shit like that. I autoignore anyone and everyone who plays a champion for the first time in ranked. It's stupid and it makes others suffer.
I agree about people not playing champions for the first time in ranked. I think it's good they removed the free week option.

garath

Yeah. I get enough shit for playing champions I don't know in normal blind picks. I wouldn't try it in draft or ranked.

Still trying to learn Lee Sin... Whee.

scy

Yeah. I get enough shit for playing champions I don't know in normal blind picks. I wouldn't try it in draft or ranked.

Still trying to learn Lee Sin... Whee.

I do my champ learning while playing with friends. That way they can just carry me to win while I dumb my way through the game.

My terrible Lee Sin games oh god sorry Opiate

dimb

Seriously, what the heck is up with League lately? So many people trolling in games.

mercviper

I do my champ learning while playing with friends. That way they can just carry me to win while I dumb my way through the game.

My terrible Lee Sin games oh god sorry Opiate

Haha same here, but that's because my I solo q ranked otherwise. This leads to one of my friends commenting "The only problem playing with merc is that he always picks new champs/champs he's not good with". I don't have the heart to rage at him about how I only play X games a day and feel like solo Q non-ranked isn't worth it to me though.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess I'm a terrible player then.... T_T
Yep, same with me, and Dance in My Blood. The good players are the rare people like I played with recently when our support Taric ragequit after feeding first blood in the jungle at level 1. 4v5? No problem. Darius top? No problem, Vlad crushed him. Tristana vs Caitlyn and Blitzcrank? No problem, hug turret, go 2-0 early, take down nexus in 36 minutes. They were nice, played well, didn't complain, didn't rage about mistakes, didn't talk much, and won.

Afterwards I apologized for not being better at mid, and they were like, at least you were better than Taric.

dimb

Usually my games were fine, but over the last few days there are constantly people who just aren't trying in the games. This is on both my team and the enemy team. It's really not fun.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yep, same with me, and Dance in My Blood. The good players are the rare people like I played with recently when our support Taric ragequit after feeding first blood in the jungle at level 1. 4v5? No problem. Darius top? No problem, Vlad crushed him. Tristana vs Caitlyn and Blitzcrank? No problem, hug turret, go 2-0 early, take down nexus in 36 minutes. They were nice, played well, didn't complain, didn't rage about mistakes, didn't talk much, and won.

Afterwards I apologized for not being better at mid, and they were like, at least you were better than Taric.

I wasn't being serious. I'm a good player. I only bitch at people when I know they're doing something wrong. The only reason I won't say something is because I don't know anything about something or if I've been proven wrong or if the argument is going nowhere.

I've been ADCing the hell out of the past few 5 man drafts I've been playing with others.

EDIT: It also hels that sch also supports me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom