• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I guess I'm a terrible player then.... T_T

The occasional comment doesn't mean much. I've said probably worse about people, especially in Skype chat about things. I just tend to not lash out at people "OMG SO NOOB" etc. sort of commentary. The more people lash out in-game about things rather than saying anything relevant, the more I realize they're just terrible players. I don't take anything these people say seriously.

Basically, people who whine in chat all game are just noise.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The occasional comment doesn't mean much. I've said probably worse about people, especially in Skype chat about things. I just tend to not lash out at people "OMG SO NOOB" etc. sort of commentary. The more people lash out in-game about things rather than saying anything relevant, the more I realize they're just terrible players. I don't take anything these people say seriously.

Basically, people who whine in chat all game are just noise.

Oh. I don't really say that unless i'm trolling. Usually my rage/anger/criticisms start out "What the fuck are you doing?"

scy

Oh. I don't really say that unless i'm trolling.

I am 100% try hard~

Usually my rage/anger/criticisms start out "What the fuck are you doing?"

I think the worst I've said in chat has been "X lane lost, oh well." I just don't really vent much that way personally.

...now, if I'm complaining to people over voice chat, I'll probably whine more :x

kayos90

I am 100% try hard~

I think the worst I've said in chat has been "X lane lost, oh well." I just don't really vent much that way personally.

...now, if I'm complaining to people over voice chat, I'll probably whine more :x

What's your ign. Maybe I've played with you.

scy

What's your ign. Maybe I've played with you.

scy46

Off-hand, I don't think I've played with anyone from GAF yet besides Opiate. I haven't added anyone (or GAF channel yet), now that I think about it too. Been trying to get to 30 first I guess.

kayos90

scy46

Off-hand, I don't think I've played with anyone from GAF yet besides Opiate. I haven't added anyone (or GAF channel yet), now that I think about it too. Been trying to get to 30 first I guess.

Ah it makes sense. Prepare to get yelled if you ever play with me. I rarely ever criticize when I play 5 man with Kiunch, Rex, and Riz.

methane47

Question:

Why do some heroes have a specific lane.

For example the hero i play (Tristana) is in most guides suggested you take Bot lane.
Why is it that they suggest bot lane over top lane? What contributes to that designation?

Aren't bot and top lane identical?

kayos90

Question:

For example the hero i play (Tristana) is in most guides suggested you take Bot lane.
Why is it that they suggest bot lane over top lane? What contributes to that designation?

Tristana top is actually not a bad idea but you normally want an ADC and a support bot. Tristana becomes a hyper carry late game and as a result benefits most from the bot lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
Question:

Usually you want two people on bot to win lane and have control of the dragon, one of those people being a ranged AD carry that can kill dragon fast whenever they have the chance.

It's the current arrangement, doesn't mean that there aren't better ones, it's just what people does at the moment: a bruiser guy top, an AP carry on mid, AD carry + GP5 support on bot and a jungler.

mercviper

Question:

The reasoning behind it is that Dragon is an important objective, and is near bot lane so you want more people there to support in the event of a team fight over the objective. With 3 lanes and 5 characters, there isn't enough farm to go around so you put one in the jungle and 1 to babysit/support a lane (doesn't take last hits and helps feed the ADC and keep him alive).

As an AD Carry, you want to be near the fighting to rack up the most kills/assists and that tends to happen earlier near the Dragon. So you get put bot lane with the support so you can focus on farming and are nearby for team fights.

Since the fighting should be concentrated near Dragon, top lane wants a character that can sustain and handle being alone the majority of the game.

Mid lane you want a mobile champ that can go help top or bot when in trouble. Team-wise you also don't want to stack pure AD, and since most top characters are AD based, you normally end up with AP in mid.

Jungle you want someone with fast clear times and good ganks to help any lanes in trouble, while maintaining levels with the lanes.

Volimar

The reasoning behind it is that Dragon is an important objective, and is near bot lane so you want more people there to support in the event of a team fight over the objective. With 3 lanes and 5 characters, there isn't enough farm to go around so you put one in the jungle and 1 to babysit/support a lane (doesn't take last hits and helps feed the ADC and keep him alive).

As an AD Carry, you want to be near the fighting to rack up the most kills/assists and that tends to happen earlier near the Dragon. So you get put bot lane with the support so you can focus on farming and are nearby for team fights.

Since the fighting should be concentrated near Dragon, top lane wants a character that can sustain and handle being alone the majority of the game.

Mid lane you want a mobile champ that can go help top or bot when in trouble. Team-wise you also don't want to stack pure AD, and since most top characters are AD based, you normally end up with AP in mid.

Jungle you want someone with fast clear times and good ganks to help any lanes in trouble, while maintaining levels with the lanes.

Very well explained. I'll add that top lane is very vulnerable to ganks, so the top lane is often someone who is a little beefier with a built in escape or CC to get out of ganks.

methane47

Thanks for the explanations.

I clearly haven't been paying attention to the dragon at all. I guess i'm way to low level for people to care about that stuff.

bjaelke

In extension to this it's important to note that AD carries scales more with items and AP carries scales more with levels/abilities. So if you put two champions in botlane they share the experience - the two carries might have similar farm in the two lanes (mid and bot) but the AP carry will have the highest level of the two.

Ferrio

Banned
Can't think of anything more boring that watching a LoL stream, puts me to sleep literally everytime. Only time I enjoy it is when spectating gaf, so I can laugh my ass off.

methane47

Level 12.

Dont really watch any streams.
People hardly ever play Tristana on streams it seams.

Question:
What lvl should i be to start attacking dragon?

Can i just attack when ever bot lane is clear with the help of my support?

Ferrio

Banned
Level 12.

Question:

Generally you want your jungler to be there too in order to smite it. You take on dragon usually when the enemy bot lane is dead, pushed back so far they can't react, or just losing badly enough that they can't risk taking you on at dragon. Having the area well warded too helps just in case their jungler or mid tries to disrupt you.

scy

Can't think of anything more boring that watching a LoL stream, puts me to sleep literally everytime. Only time I enjoy it is when spectating gaf, so I can laugh my ass off.

Two monitors. I pretty much am never playing without a stream up.

mercviper

Level 12.

Question:

It really depends on if your support or jungle is tanky enough for dragon. Normally you won't have someone be at that point until you've hit level 7-8.

You also want the following conditions to be met as well

1) You've just forced your opposing bot lane to go back to the fountain, be it via death or getting them low enough so they can't leave their tower.
2) You know there aren't any wards that will spot you fighting dragon, or if there are, you know the enemy team is too far away to interfere.
3) You have enough damage with you to clear the dragon uninterrupted.

zkylon

zkylewd
No shit, I only got one monitor... it is 60" ... but it's still only 1.
Yeah, I was actually talking about playing with a stream up. If I do that, my ping goes through the roof and Baron's up by the time Lux's snare fires off her staff.

I actually had two monitors myself until my brother's got busted and I had to lend him one of mine. Didn't really like it anyways.

And I agree, streams are boring as hell :p

Blizzard

Banned
Supposedly the awesome players learn from streams, so presumably to be good you gotta be willing to watch boring streams. Kids these days got no attention span, dagnabbit! Et cetera.

Wrekt

I spend far more time watching streams than I do playing these days.

The tough thing is finding good teams that try some interesting moves. I'm getting sick of the same 15 champs picked over and over again.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought awesome players just bought skins :p
Nope, they're the worst. In the endless stream of Cho'gath mid games I had yesterday (2), the second one had a skin. He didn't say much.

Then as soon as he died, bam, homophobic slurs in all-talk, complaining about a champion, etc. I suggested he not take Cho mid and he was all "oh you're one of the [censored] who think cho is bad mid".

And then he crushed me in farm and killed me and got 6 stacks and mysteriously stopped talking, aside from taunting us because he bought a witch hat.

And then he died because we used 3-4 people to kill him. I think one of them died. What did Cho say? I think he complained because Mundo, of all champions, was doing too much damage. :|

Moral of the story, buying a skin makes you complain and/or spam slurs in all-chat. He did get more farm than like anyone else though, so he might have been a better player than us all.

kayos90

What streams are yall watching? Are you watching actual ones that you learn from? If you're not learning from them then you probably shouldn't watch. Or unless you're watching for fun. I've gotten tons of insight from watching OddOne. He doesn't even talk about jungle. He talks about laning, map control, objectives, etc. If you want to get really good, streams is highly recommended. Having said that you don't learn from just watching them. You build game sense and you learn from your mistakes as well as taking advice from others.

scy

Supposedly the awesome players learn from streams, so presumably to be good you gotta be willing to watch boring streams. Kids these days got no attention span, dagnabbit! Et cetera.

Well, you learn a lot from streamers who actually talk about what they're doing. There's a lot of boring streamers who just ... well, stream. Ones who actually discuss what's going on, why they bought this or did that or whatever are the ones that are actually useful.

Besides, I just like having background noise.

What streams are yall watching? Are you watching actual ones that you learn from? If you're not learning from them then you probably shouldn't watch. Or unless you're watching for fun. I've gotten tons of insight from watching OddOne. He doesn't even talk about jungle. He talks about laning, map control, objectives, etc. If you want to get really good, streams is highly recommended. Having said that you don't learn from just watching them. You build game sense and you learn from your mistakes as well as taking advice from others.

Basically. OddOne has gotten a lot better about actually discussing things during his streams so he has a lot of insight on general game flow and some basics of jungling (map control, awareness). Wingsofdeathx talks about (top) laning fairly well, though he doesn't stream that much. Scarra has some general game sense insight as well and discusses mid lane picks fairly well.

Opiate

I'm interested in playing some with GAFfers this weekend, as I'm on a LoL kick. I'm primarily playing Dominion at the moment.

In game name: Opiation. I'll be on in a couple hours, once I've spent time with my girlfriend. Feel free to add me if you're interested.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nope, they're the worst. In the endless stream of Cho'gath mid games I had yesterday (2), the second one had a skin. He didn't say much.

Then as soon as he died, bam, homophobic slurs in all-talk, complaining about a champion, etc. I suggested he not take Cho mid and he was all "oh you're one of the [censored] who think cho is bad mid".

And then he crushed me in farm and killed me and got 6 stacks and mysteriously stopped talking, aside from taunting us because he bought a witch hat.

And then he died because we used 3-4 people to kill him. I think one of them died. What did Cho say? I think he complained because Mundo, of all champions, was doing too much damage. :|

Moral of the story, buying a skin makes you complain and/or spam slurs in all-chat. He did get more farm than like anyone else though, so he might have been a better player than us all.
Well I intend to change that :D (as soon as I get super duper awesome with Ahri/Akali or Lux finally gets a makeover)

Blizzard

Banned
I'm interested in playing some with GAFfers this weekend, as I'm on a LoL kick. I'm primarily playing Dominion at the moment.

In game name: Opiation. I'll be on in a couple hours, once I've spent time with my girlfriend. Feel free to add me if you're interested.
You'll ban us all if you play with us, though.

But if you want, join the "NeoGAF" chat channel, and you'll find like 30 afk people that you can try to invite to your games. I might be on this evening.

prepare yourself

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I am the best at Dominion.

On GAF anyway :3

Opiate

But if you want, join the "NeoGAF" chat channel, and you'll find like 30 afk people that you can try to invite to your games. I might be on this evening.

Nonsense. I'll only ban you if you kill steal, farm in my lane, or don't support me properly.

prepare yourself

Prepare your self.

Oh man, the flood gates have been opened.

We can three man queue scy!

I am the best at Dominion.

On GAF anyway :3

I strongly disagree! Or, if so, feel free to add me.

zkylon

zkylewd

Hey! Some of us just politely and consistently decline invitations :D

kmEDd.png

kayos90

Played possibly the worst game of LoL. I thought nautilus jungle was supposed to be easy mode clearly not. Didn't even bother to salvage top against a counter lane and just let it die completely. This is like the exact opposite of what a jungle is supposed to be doing. Holy shit, and I thought I was bad at jungle. At least I try and salvage the shit.

If you don't agree with that, you're an idiot. I don't care that I went 0-4-0 but if you think that you should let Skarner camp top lane for 2 minutes while you do nothing. And proceed to let him gank me freely and deny me farm and exp, that's the jungle's fault. Beyond 2 deaths, it's you own fault. Not mine.

I'm posting it because that shit needs to stop in the lobby.

If we want a good thriving gafLoL community (all 30afk of us) we can't flame each other in the lobby when we have a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom