• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Naut is out. Scorpions are in.
8n65b.png

EXGN

Skarner has always been super strong. I don't know why North America ditched him because of the increased mana costs, as long as you get Philo and Glacial you should be set. Koreans used him really well this weekend and I think that shows he's still pretty viable.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Skarner has always been super strong. I don't know why North America ditched him because of the increased mana costs, as long as you get Philo and Glacial you should be set. Koreans used him really well this weekend and I think that shows he's still pretty viable.

I don't think the problem was that people didn't find him viable. They just had better options available and as a result Skarner wasn't chosen.

Wrekt

Skarner got buffed and was running over solo queue. I don't remember the specific tournament, but he was picked 6 times times shortly following that buff and lost every single game. I don't think I've seen any of the big name teams pick him since then. It's like they tried him once and decided he was just a pub stomp champ and never gave him a second look.

Mana nerf was way too big. It doesnt help that philo got nerfed too.

Ramduin is generally better on him than FH. Shurelya is already enough CDR.

dimb

Mana nerf was way too big. It doesnt help that philo got nerfed too.

Ramduin is generally better on him than FH. Shurelya is already enough CDR.
I think this post is bad and I don't like it at all.

The mana nerf was not devastating unless you're bad and just spam abilities recklessly. Don't build Randuins until late game. No reason to get rid of your Heart of Gold, and it doesn't give you enough CDR, which is amazing on Skarner.

Skarner core is Shurelia's, Mercs, Heart of Gold, Glacial Shroud. Then Frozen Heart or Wit's End.

Ken

xXSkilleDxX: mid
Hextech TRex: I'm going mid.
Hextech TRex: Sorry.
eanford: pwnt
KyungMinL: top
xXSkilleDxX: umm
xXSkilleDxX: no sorry
Hextech TRex: YEs, sorry.
xXSkilleDxX: appology not accepted
Corgi the Chloe: THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF A BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

So excited for the result!

zkylon

zkylewd
lol that's gold

Blizzard

Banned
We lost because the guy who didn't get mid went Blitzcrank. I didn't know it was roaming Blitzcrank. Who couldn't grab. Or place wards.

Ranked btw.
I wasn't ranked, but I had a blitzcrank who could grab [enemies out of the way of Zyra snares and ults?] and place wards [all over the base area outside the nexus towers since it was a 48 minute lost cause one-sided game that people refused to surrender].

kayos90

Dude. Amazing. Good job.

dimb

Thanks for the post, sir. It doesn't look like they significantly changed anything from the PBE.
(Except numbers. Don't know what release stats are yet.)
Her base stats were absurd on the PBE. Like, outpreforming everyone else absurd before you even factor in the stupid amount of free stats she gets from her passive. She will probably be way too strong.

Ken

Zyra's two major issues are that she is too bursty and too safe.

This is how I felt playing against her. Also her Q hits for so much with very few items on her and the range is so large. Or maybe it's because I'm attracted to colored circles on the ground.

dimb

There is just no downside to Zyra in her current state. She has CC. She has tons of range. She has really hard burst. She has sustained damage and zone control. She doesn't really have mana issues. It is absurd that she exists.

I bought both Hecarim and Viktor to mess around with last week... this week they're both free. :(

Both pretty fun so far at least. Hecarim is hilariously fun to play if you're ahead and absolute torture if you're behind. Need to play Viktor some more but I've enjoyed him so far.

kayos90

Well, I'm not all that surprised at the Zyra nerfs. We've had people saying OP since PBE and had me as well as other players say that she was OP after launch. lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, went Ahri against Vlad again and I destroyed the poor fella! Such good payback! Then my Blitz friend disconnected and we lost but whatevaaaaaa

I think this post is bad and I don't like it at all.

The mana nerf was not devastating unless you're bad and just spam abilities recklessly. Don't build Randuins until late game. No reason to get rid of your Heart of Gold, and it doesn't give you enough CDR, which is amazing on Skarner.

Skarner core is Shurelia's, Mercs, Heart of Gold, Glacial Shroud. Then Frozen Heart or Wit's End.

I also think this post is bad and I don't like it at all, see what I did there? Who said anything about rushing Randuin anyway? Why do you feel the need to be so negative?

Mana nerf is big and you're kidding yourself if it's not. From 15 flat to 20-28, and considering how spammy Q is, it adds up very fast. Skarner was an extremely fast jungler because he can spam Q a lot. He won't be as fast now that you have some consideration with mana specially if you don't have blue, even if you have Philo.

My core is simply defense boots, HoG and Philo. I take Sheen (stomp) or Wits (MR) or Shurelya (more ganks) next. Aegis depends on the team composition, and/or if I need the extra beef for an early oracle. I'd only rush Randuin only if they have an AD who is really stomping.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ahri with Abyss and Zhonya's is sooo much better. Might throw in a RoA before Abyss though, but see you in hell, Rylai's + WotA!

Ken

Ahri with Abyss and Zhonya's is sooo much better. Might throw in a RoA before Abyss though, but see you in hell, Rylai's + WotA!

I dislike RoA on burst/damage mages.

I'd only build RoA on stuff like Anivia, Singed, or ARAM, but I'm terrible at AP mid so don't listen to me.

Veezy

que?
What level are you? I can play with you on my smurf.

Tristana and Alistar are free. The latter is a great support/jungler, the former is an AD carry yordle.
Awesome. I think I just hit four today.

How many games does it take to buy a character? I'll be purchasing a few soon, but I just didn't know if it was a huge grind to earn.

Ken

Awesome. I think I just hit four today.

How many games does it take to buy a character? I'll be purchasing a few soon, but I just didn't know if it was a huge grind to earn.

6300 IP champions takes a long time to grind out. I have a level 10 smurf called Donut Sink. Feel free to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom