• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Pretty much this. Have fun leveling up and treat each game as a learning experience where you familiarize yourself with the game's mechanics.

Don't worry about jungling. Even if you wanted to your lanes probably couldn't handle the 2v1 top.
Soda cop is pretty decent when he isn't so angry.
My GF pretty much just got into the game too and while she gets owned a fair bit, and people rage all the time, she's still happy to play because right now everything teaches her something. How admirable. I don't know how to be so pure.

There is a surprising amount of junglers now when I play on my level 10 smurf.
Yeah I think think around level 12, junglers feature in every game.

So I'm bouncing between this and Smite for my MOBA fix. I wish I could get into DotA 2, but it's just too much of a damn learning curve. I had so much fun playing this I have to watch myself from getting crazy addicted.

I'm VeezyF if you'd like to add me to your friends list. Be warned, I'm terrible.

Can anybody recommend a few heroes to play with just to get better acclimated with the game?
Go to the NeoGAF channel! Hows smite now? did it get any better?
Annie teaches the basics of playing an AP carry. Tristana, the basics of AD carry (and she's free!). Warwick/nunu, the basics of Jungling. Don't play ryze, he builds weird and requires smartcasting.

PS: Krater is pretty neat.

EDIT:
TOP OF THE PAGE BONUS LEVEL:
zWnYg.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Trying to practice Easyreal a lot. He's so strong when I can land the stuff right. Randoms are getting pretty upset with me because I don't know his limits yet and go in over my head sometimes, but I'm blowing up by the end of every game at least. I'm getting pretty good with landing the ultimate surprisingly. Love picking stuff up with it.

Ken

Really? Interesting.

Soraka, Ryze, Kayle. All very cheap, all very strong and good at different roles.

Could be smurfs. Could be more people reading up on the game before playing.

There's also a surprisingly high level of expectation out of people at level 10...by people who forgot they are smurfing.

dimb

Well if people are interested in jungling at early levels Nunu is the champion to do it on. You won't need runes either.

Boken

Banned
Could be smurfs. Could be more people reading up on the game before playing.

There's also a surprisingly high level of expectation out of people at level 10...by people who forgot they are smurfing.

They're not smurfs, there are junglers at my gf's non smurf level elo

LCGeek

formerly sane
So I'm bouncing between this and Smite for my MOBA fix. I wish I could get into DotA 2, but it's just too much of a damn learning curve. I had so much fun playing this I have to watch myself from getting crazy addicted.

I'm VeezyF if you'd like to add me to your friends list. Be warned, I'm terrible.

Can anybody recommend a few heroes to play with just to get better acclimated with the game?

Talk about your playstyle in these types of games and we can help out a little more. Look for the post on runes so you can start saving and buying the proper ones as you level.

Somax

I'm not listed in that site T_T
I must suck really too much.

Also: nunu jungle.
Why didn't anyone tell me how much of a dick I could be to other junglers by using that lowly 450 ip champion?
Also: nunu + cho'gath = triple pseudo smite on valuable jungle targets. TONS of true damage.

mercviper

http://lolmatches.com/player/na/20108195/Mercviper

1423... Guess I should try harder. Apparently I was 1500+ a few months back.

Edit: Apparently it works from running a 3rd party program that steals info from the lol client. That explains why you have sporadic updates for your ELO. It only updates when you play against someone running that program. May consider this just so I can track my normal ELO :x

Edit2: Oh, apparently the normal ELO stopped updating 2 months ago because Riot broke it, so I guess I won't get the program just yet.
lolmatches.com forums said:
21/6/2012 and whenever it happens on the other servers.

Elo can no longer be updated. The "QueueRating" variable that the Lolnotes engine had used to query players' current Elo now returns "0" for all users.

This means that Lolmatches can no longer pull the normal Elo of the players.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not listed in that site T_T
I must suck really too much.

Also: nunu jungle.
Why didn't anyone tell me how much of a dick I could be to other junglers by using that lowly 450 ip champion?
Also: nunu + cho'gath = triple pseudo smite on valuable jungle targets. TONS of true damage.
I had a team with two smites (I thought we were going 3-5 smites but apparently they decided to be reasonable), plus possibly nunu and/or chogath. They didn't seem to have problems doing baron.

garath

Funny that nunu is coming back. I was in a normal draft and watched allistar and soraka get banned and Taric picked by the opponents and I was stuck with support. Since I don't own janna I was looking through my list of champions trying to find something to support with and saw I owned nunu lol. Was going to give him a go but someone dodged. I'm going to have to give him a stab in the jungle. Still trying to find a goto jungler besides Nocturne. It's my weakest role by far.

EXGN

Funny that nunu is coming back. I was in a normal draft and watched allistar and soraka get banned and Taric picked by the opponents and I was stuck with support. Since I don't own janna I was looking through my list of champions trying to find something to support with and saw I owned nunu lol. Was going to give him a go but someone dodged. I'm going to have to give him a stab in the jungle. Still trying to find a goto jungler besides Nocturne. It's my weakest role by far.

Nunu's a pretty situational pick. I would pick him only if two other things are true: 1. You have a STRONG top, mid and bottom. 2. The enemy jungler is a relatively risky or slow jungler.

For No. 1, late game, Nunu won't be contributing much to team fights outside auras and a MS/AS buffs/debuffs to your carry and the enemy carry - you're stuck essentially with two supports. That's why you need to ensure all of your other lanes are really strong, so the lack of damage won't hinder your late game.

For No. 2, Nunu is a counter jungler. If he's facing off against someone that clears super quickly (Udyr), then he has a smaller window for counter jungling. If you're up against a high sustain jungler (Warwick) then you can steal neutrals but you won't be able to kill them. If you can't kill them, then you will fall behind because they are likely better late game.

I think the best matchups for Nunu are junglers like Xin, Olaf, Malphite, J4, Eve - people that don't clear quickly and also get relatively low during their first clear. Consume enemy wraith, ward their their red, take your blue and red for a quickly level 3 and double buff. Then make your way to their red, when you see them going for it, wait until red whittles down their health and then kill them.

I guess the reason I wrote all this: Nunu isn't an instalock jungler, he needs a good matchup to shine. If you want to learn more junglers, I would go with a more well-rounded pick. Nocturne is a good start, but people like Skarner, Shyvanna and Udyr would probably be better secondary choices.

Q8D3vil

easiest jungler in the game is ww, but he cant gank shit before lvl 6

best ganker in the game is nautilus though u need special MS quint to make him a real roaming monster.

Pre-6, Nunu is just better than WW in every way. More sustain, better counter jungling, and faaaaar better ganks. I'd rather recommend Nunu as a beginner jungler.

dimb

LoLMatches is not an accurate gauge of your normal ELO and third parties can no longer extract that data from the client.

Nunu is a solid jungle choice that is very versatile. I have no qualms picking him against fast junglers. He still excels at Dragon and Baron control, and can keep ahead of his opponents on gold thanks to heavy gold per ten item builds. He actually wreaks havoc on entirely melee based junglers like Udyr and Shyvana because of how dramatic his slows are.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
LoLMatches is not an accurate gauge of your normal ELO and third parties can no longer extract that data from the client.

Nunu is a solid jungle choice that is very versatile. I have no qualms picking him against fast junglers. He still excels at Dragon and Baron control, and can keep ahead of his opponents on gold thanks to heavy gold per ten item builds.

Triple gold per ten!! Yeah!!! Honestly, I wish you could still stack same items. *sigh*. The good ol' days.

1550-ish in normal, 1700ish in Dominion. Was 1900 then started mucking around.

Probably a bad idea to do that. Then again, I got my Ezreal practice that way.

scy

Where's my Diana? IN THE NAME OF THE MOON I WILL PUNISH YOU

According to the AMA, she's supposed to release this week.

I hope that's still the case, anyway. I bought runes and rune pages so I can adjust to jungling just for her.

garath

I didn't have any Jungling runes or pages for them. Just for Diana, I went ahead and got all that I needed.

...well, I still need Movement Quints :|

I loooove my Movement Quints. It's my default AP page now. Though there are some champs I really want the AP quints back. I keep putting off buying the rune page bundle lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom