• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It always did crit on the bonus AD unless they changed that.
Yeah, it has always crit as far as I know. Did they get rid of the CC reduction and add movement speed reduction? That almost sounds like a negative impact, but I'm not in the PBE.

Guardian Angel cannot stay in this game.
Do you mean it should not? It could easily stay if Riot just leaves it in, and it's available to both teams. It's banned in ARAM though -- not sure about Dominion.

It seems like a good item for teamfights, but a lot of the time with mediocre players, the person who died just gets mobbed by the crowd who kill him afterwards, after his team has fled in terror -- like happened to TSM's Olaf.

bjaelke

I'd like to see why it died out to be honest. It's hard to not find a good use for GAs in (close) team fights.
It didn't completely go out of date, but the 3-5 GAs on a team hasn't been part of the meta for a long time (until M5 brought it back?).

scy

It seems like a good item for teamfights, but a lot of the time with mediocre players, the person who died just gets mobbed by the crowd who kill him afterwards, after his team has fled in terror -- like happened to TSM's Olaf.

Conversely, a lot of mediocre players will just get crushed by a properly fed player with a GA. Getting picked off happens but that's not really a fault of a GA.

Boken

Banned
A few mistakes by SGS which cost them a fair bit, but they brought the fight to TSM. Pretty decent game.

GA is only good as a snowball item. Otherwise, it's pretty strong against Ult based teams. I didn't really like Rumble in their team comp, he doesn't provide much other than a slow and damage.

I wonder why Chogath is so out of fashion. I feel like Chogath does a lot more against Karthus and carries in general, able to stop karthus movement, silence and just straight up feast him.

EDIT: TSM won, but damn they act kinda unprofessional.

Blizzard

Banned
maybe we should call it
unprofessional gaming
I like this term.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have item suggestions for playing as Lee Sin? Both games against a Lee Sin yesterday had the other team go like 20+ kills to our 10.

I read one of the pro guides, and it was kind of weird talking about items:

1. It talked about how atma's impaler is a mere shadow of its former self (with which I agree)...yet then included it in both laning and jungler build configurations.

2. It seems to say triforce is bad, and frozen mallet is too expensive, and bloodthirster is too bad because you lose so many stacks when you die and can't refill them easily in the jungle, yet it says giant belt is nice, and getting phage and the support aura shield thing early is good. But, that sounds like you get hardly any damage, and when I tried actually building some AD items, they seemed helpful with lee sin.

So I'm not sure if you're supposed to avoid AD items and focus on tank and aura items, or if it purely depends on the teams, or what.

brian!

the beauty of lee sin
is you build him situationally, item wise and skill wise

more helpful: his damage scales with ad, you should probably hold wards on him, hexdrinker/wriggles are nice situational items for him top, BT is good to snowball with if you think you can survive, you are an amazing peeler

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't see what the problem is. I mean, it's been part of a meta cycle before.
It simply offers too much. You get a big chunk of armor, a decent amount of MR, and the fail safe revive that gives back a pretty high amount of health. There is no downside to building it.

scy

Level 1 team fights are more entertaining than Level 18 team fights.

But, that sounds like you get hardly any damage, and when I tried actually building some AD items, they seemed helpful with lee sin.

Jungle Lee Sin doesn't necessarily go after damage items first. Top lane will want more AD with survivability. Which role are we looking at as they're vastly different for builds.

dimb

I'm not talking about it as an early game item. But it fits the, "I'm building one defensive item" role far too well.

Boken

Banned
GA is already a negative efficiency item. Its around -1000g efficient for a 750hp revive every 5 minutes (and a 2.5 half-stun). If anything, riot would make the item cost a little more, but it's already a niche "I am far ahead" item.

bjaelke

Good job counter jungling on your own side
KuGsj.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Level 1 team fights are more entertaining than Level 18 team fights.

Jungle Lee Sin doesn't necessarily go after damage items first. Top lane will want more AD with survivability. Which role are we looking at as they're vastly different for builds.
I'm talking jungle, since I don't know the situations to vary item builds with. I can try starting wriggles gray shield early and see how that goes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
GA is already a negative efficiency item. Its around -1000g efficient for a 750hp revive every 5 minutes (and a 2.5 half-stun). If anything, riot would make the item cost a little more, but it's already a niche "I am far ahead" item.

Wait wut? It's a very very good item late game especially for an AD carry. It's a psychological thing where you try to avoid attacking someone with a GA because they're going to come back anyway. If you attack the GA person, the enemy team is shredding you and by the time you killed him/her they'll come back.

Boken

Banned
Wait wut? It's a very very good item late game especially for an AD carry. It's a psychological thing where you try to avoid attacking someone with a GA because they're going to come back anyway. If you attack the GA person, the enemy team is shredding you and by the time you killed him/her they'll come back.

Who says it isn't good? An AD carry can only get it after their core items - hence "I am ahead".

All I'm saying is that youre paying 1000g for 750hp revive with 2.5 stasis every 5mins

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Who says it isn't good? An AD carry can only get it after their core items - hence "I am ahead".

All I'm saying is that youre paying 1000g for 750hp revive with 2.5 stasis every 5mins

Even then it's still good and not really a negative efficiency item. Imo, it's not always about numbers and this is one case where it's more about avoiding a certain target.

Blizzard

Banned
My games are almost statistically interesting lately -- I think it's 9 losses or so in a low, and each time the scores tend to be almost the same ratio, with 5-10 kills on my team, and 20-30 kills on the other.

In each game, the jungle and every lane typically loses. Sometimes there are exceptions -- one time I think I ended up with 5 kills while everyone else had like 2, and one time we had a 22-kill ezreal (got a pentakill) while no one else had any more than 3 kills. We still lost even that one though, since yorick teleported and blew up the nexus and ezreal's ult didn't stop him.

In most or all of the games I'm terrible, so of course I'm part of/most of the problem, but it just seems interesting since you'd think that statistically, SOME of the time I would end up with one or two lanes that win, since it happens for the teams I am playing against.

dimb

I don't like that blitz pick. 3 dashes/blinks on the other team.
Elementz plays a great Blitz. I'm not worried.
My games are almost statistically interesting lately -- I think it's 9 losses or so in a low, and each time the scores tend to be almost the same ratio, with 5-10 kills on my team, and 20-30 kills on the other.

In each game, the jungle and every lane typically loses. Sometimes there are exceptions -- one time I think I ended up with 5 kills while everyone else had like 2, and one time we had a 22-kill ezreal (got a pentakill) while no one else had any more than 3 kills. We still lost even that one though, since yorick teleported and blew up the nexus and ezreal's ult didn't stop him.

In most or all of the games I'm terrible, so of course I'm part of/most of the problem, but it just seems interesting since you'd think that statistically, SOME of the time I would end up with one or two lanes that win, since it happens for the teams I am playing against.
The builds in your recently played games are soul crushing. Lee Sin top is also past its time. Really though games snowball pretty easily. If some lanes start losing it hurts all the other lanes.

Telaso

Banned
I can't win a game to save my life anymore.... Everytime I jungle every lane loses, I play mid and our top nasus builds full armor against diana, bot lane trolls with double ad and gets camped....

Some days....

Ken

I can't win a game to save my life anymore.... Everytime I jungle every lane loses, I play mid and our top nasus builds full armor against diana, bot lane trolls with double ad and gets camped....

Some days....

Maybe the problem is your team and not you.

Samyy

Some days....

I know a lot of people say stop blaming your team and stuff but yea, 90% of the time its your team :/

dimb

Blaming your team really doesn't help, and there is more you can do than you probably think.

Telaso

Banned
I'm not 100% blaming my team, but its so hard to try and care when people are obviously trolling or building completely wrong........

Samyy

Blaming your team really doesn't help, and there is more you can do than you probably think.

I don't try to blame my team but when I try to help they dont respond so what am I to do. They counter pick themselves, don't ward (if I jungle I ward the lanes that don't), don't listen to my warnings about where the enemy jungle was seen/might gank next, etc.

Theres only so much you can do to help your team in solo queue imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom