• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not 100% blaming my team, but its so hard to try and care when people are obviously trolling or building completely wrong........
If you see your team making a mistake, tell them in a nice enough manner so that they actually listen to you. If they're trolling, you don't really lose anything, and if they're not, you might turn things around. Problem is people go mostly for the "RETARD Y U NO GANK TOP" or something like that instead of being constructive, and that just makes it even less tempting to go and correct mistakes.

edit: such a friendly way to start a new page :3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't try to blame my team but when I try to help they dont respond so what am I to do. They counter pick themselves, don't ward (if I jungle I ward the lanes that don't), don't listen to my warnings about where the enemy jungle was seen/might gank next, etc.

Theres only so much you can do to help your team in solo queue imo.
Your team makes all the mistakes and the enemy team is always pro players right?

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I did ask about Lee Sin item suggestions, and the response to that was it all depends. So then I asked if there were general guidelines for jungle Lee Sin, in terms of which items to get first and which skills to max first in which different situations, and I think the response to that was build whatever Cruzer built (which goes against the idea of "it all depends"). :p

dimb

My Lee Sin isn't good enough to offer advice on it. But why Madred's on Nunu?

scy

I have no idea why I like Cristina as much as I do :|

Well, I did ask about Lee Sin item suggestions, and the response to that was it all depends. So then I asked if there were general guidelines for jungle Lee Sin, in terms of which items to get first and which skills to max first in which different situations, and I think the response to that was build whatever Cruzer built (which goes against the idea of "it all depends"). :p

Well, I don't know how bad the builds were but I generally do Armor start to Doran's/Boots and HoG/Wriggle's. Phage is nice for the price. From there it depends on how you're doing and what you're against to determine if you get DPS stuff or tanky stuff.

Edit: Though, thinking about it, I usually/practically always skip the Doran's.

And generally speaking, R>Q>W>E for skill order unless you're top lane in something you want to just sustain their harass rather than going on them.

Musician

Holy shit this game makes me rage so hard. Nothing else makes me want to put my fist straight through my monitor. I'm usually a calm and collected guy, but I actually ragequitted from a game just now because I thought I was going to break something.

Blizzard

Banned
My Lee Sin isn't good enough to offer advice on it. But why Madred's on Nunu?
I didn't even remember doing that. I'm not sure why...maybe I had hardly any money, already had armor-5 starting items, and bought it. Or maybe I really like wiggles lantern. If I tried Nunu jungle more, I would probably focus more on a dorans ring or two and then other stuff.

Holy shit this game makes me rage so hard. Nothing else makes me want to put my fist straight through my monitor. I'm usually a calm and collected guy, but I actually ragequitted from a game just now because I thought I was going to break something.
I really think it's an unhealthy game when I consider how much time I've wasted on it -- and with 500+ wins, I'm still bad and have maybe half the champions unlocked, lol.

Ken

connman200: top
FDM HezTek: adc
FDM HezTek: ploxy
Corgi the Chloe: im trying
Corgi the Chloe: to get to 0 elo
Corgi the Chloe: thx
FDM HezTek: dodge
FDM HezTek: then
FDM HezTek: u lose elo
Corgi the Chloe: you dont lose elo
Corgi the Chloe: anymore
connman200: plz dont do this
FDM HezTek: please dodge then
FDM HezTek: some of us worked hard to get to 1000
Corgi the Chloe: but you start out at 1200
FDM HezTek: i had a losing streak
FDM HezTek: but im going up
FDM HezTek: went as far as 790
connman200: my lowest elo was 714

scy

WildTurtle, standout mid player of this tournament it seems.

dat nerfed Zyra pick

I actually love her, she does songs and vocies in other games (I think she did Cerabella in Skullgirls and Mio in K-ON!)

She does a lot of song dubs (or just covers) on her Youtube channel too.

Blizzard

Banned
That happened to me, I think I got down to 690 before I bought and started learning Katarina. But now I'm bronze and never have to play ranked again, since there's no elo decay for me. :p

I do think it's interesting that people can't force themselves down to 0 elo (not sure if you can go negative) by dodging, to then troll up through the ranks anymore. Though experienced players can still play on the accounts of friends, of course. I think that's what inspired me to try Katarina actually.

No, stop it. Here is the right Nunu build: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=31129
Thanks for the link. The first time I tried it they took my blue so I took their blue, and I got to 3 GP5, but then the game ended at 20 minutes because the rest of my team was inexplicably really good compared to my last 8 or so games. I'll try it again though.

dimb

WildTurtle, standout mid player of this tournament it seems.
WildTurtle is okay, I dunno if I'd say he is a standout player. Legion almost lost that last game with a massive gold lead and tons of mistakes by Curse. It was a pretty low quality game.
dat nerfed Zyra pick
They still need to nerf her more.

scy

WildTurtle is okay, I dunno if I'd say he is a standout player. Legion almost lost that last game with a massive gold lead and tons of mistakes by Curse. It was a pretty low quality game.

I'm just saying that off the caster/crowd reaction to him that last game, not so much anything else.

To be fair, I'm also not really watching the games since it's just my background noise while I play :x

They still need to nerf her more.

I wish they'd do something interesting to balance her rather than just numbers.

That was a pretty exciting game there. Curse drawing out the game was smart, the longer it goes the less important goldlead is. Last fight was a heartpounder.

dimb

I'm just saying that off the caster/crowd reaction to him that last game, not so much anything else.
I think the reaction was more to the strength of Gragas, which needs to be toned down.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Some men just want to watch their ELO burn.

Blizzard

Banned
I hate when tournaments make Riot nerf champions. I'm even worse with Zyra (and Gragas for that matter) now that she's nerfed. I think there are ways to counter her but maybe I only see bad ones. I missed that particular tournament game.

dimb

Zyra isn't getting nerfed because of tournaments. She needs to be nerfed because she's an overpowered piece of shit who wasn't designed with balance remotely in mind. Nobody cares that you are underpreforming. Statistically Zyra is out of control.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Zyra isn't getting nerfed because of tournaments. She needs to be nerfed because she's an overpowered piece of shit who wasn't designed with balance remotely in mind. Nobody cares that you are underpreforming. Statistically Zyra is out of control.

Yeah... Zyra wasn't even playable in tournaments until recently. We knew that she was overpowered in the PBE but it didn't catch on fire until everyone else tried her, the general public. The moment I played her I knew that she was overpowered. Heck, even without playing you could tell she was overpowered because of her numbers.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah... Zyra wasn't even playable in tournaments until recently. We knew that she was overpowered in the PBE but it didn't catch on fire until everyone else tried her, the general public. The moment I played her I knew that she was overpowered. Heck, even without playing you could tell she was overpowered because of her numbers.
Also because she has burst, CC (best snare in the whole game and her ult is crazy), great pushing and farming and if you kill her she can get easy payback with her passive. Yeah, she's a little OP :p

scy

Zyra was just really good in general. Honestly, nothing felt absolutely ridiculous by themselves, just the combination of everything together for her kit.

Edit: Well, besides the high numbers.

I still kind of wish her plants got nerfed individually and did better damage combined to kind of force the double seed to get the most out of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zyra was just really good in general. Honestly, nothing felt absolutely ridiculous by themselves, just the combination of everything together for her kit.

Edit: Well, besides the high numbers.

I still kind of wish her plants got nerfed individually and did better damage combined to kind of force the double seed to get the most out of it.
I wish her plants were a little easier to target. Sometimes it can get difficult to click on those viny things...

dimb

In this match? Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seemed like there was a lot more energy for Curse than for LgN. I'm not talking about the grand final.
Yes, for this match.

Edit: God, both of these teams are garbage.

EXGN

Wow, super impressed by Legion. Love Cruzer and they really played a tight game. I'm sure they did way better than even they expected. That whole series was really fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom