• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Top lane champions aren't as good in mid as they are top because:
-no brush
-ganks are terror
-easier to play safe in mid

There are still champs that do well in mid like Talon or Pantheon though. Basically the AD casters.

zkylon

zkylewd
Trying to decide if 3 doran's rings is ever worth it... I'm thinking not, 475 is a big setback and the extra mana regen is wasted if you're even half decent at smart spamming, but I dunno...

garath

Trying to decide if 3 doran's rings is ever worth it... I'm thinking not, 475 is a big setback and the extra mana regen is wasted if you're even half decent at smart spamming, but I dunno...

If you're behind, it's ok. You can sell those rings for half the money so it's basically a cheap way to try and get back into it. Basically a hail mary catchup attempt imo.

scy

So I had a longer post ready for this until I realized you said 3 rings, not 2.

3 rings is if you fell behind and can't afford a real item but need to play catch up somehow and you don't trust being left to farming in lane. Even then, you may just be better off dealing with it and trying to farm better (+ grabbing wraiths every 50s) instead anyway.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you are behind and spending all of your money on Doran items you are just setting yourself even further back and will get rolled in mid game team fights.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I had a longer post ready for this until I realized you said 3 rings, not 2.

3 rings is if you fell behind and can't afford a real item but need to play catch up somehow and you don't trust being left to farming in lane. Even then, you may just be better off dealing with it and trying to farm better (+ grabbing wraiths every 50s) instead anyway.
Yup, that's the scenario I'm thinking of. Say, my tower's gone and I was forced to base with 600 gold, and I already have two doran's and boots. I may have better luck buying a blue elixir and saving the extra 350 now that I think of it...

scy

Yup, that's the scenario I'm thinking of. Say, my tower's gone and I was forced to base with 600 gold, and I already have two doran's and boots. I may have better luck buying a blue elixir and saving the extra 350 now that I think of it...

Tower being gone means you farm harder, honestly. You're basically given a free farm lane and easier/safer access to some of your jungle if your jungler will let you take it. Extra Doran's are if you died in lane and need an immediate advantage to get a kill to balance things out. And, even then, I'd be wary about the third one as it doesn't help you much if you don't get that kill. It's a short term way to bridge a gap but you have to do something with it before the actual opportunity cost sets in.

Snowman

How long does it take to get to level 30? Feel like I'm missing out on so much not having all the runes/masteries :(

Level 16 at the moment by the way.

sobble

Neo Member
antifun.png

=/

Look on the bright side, at least you got a lot of IP. I rarely get over 100 when I win games.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
also learned that Varus is bad

Varus isn't horrible, but definitely UP compared to other AD champs you could roll instead. Supposedly they are messing with his ratios in the PBE along with the ult change they showed in the patch preview.

To bad the ratio change is suppose to be an AP bump which makes him even more of a cluster fuck to figure out how to roll him.

EXGN

Varus isn't horrible, but definitely UP compared to other AD champs you could roll instead. Supposedly they are messing with his ratios in the PBE along with the ult change they showed in the patch preview.

To bad the ratio change is suppose to be an AP bump which makes him even more of a cluster fuck to figure out how to roll him.

The worst part about him is his auto-attack animation. So needlessly clunky, causes me to miss so much CS.

I do like how Varus plays, some minor changes I think could make him really good. Nothing better than poking the enemy Graves as he comes in to CS and then landing a Q to pop the W stacks. Varus is fun in that he's all about poking and not 100-0 bursting like a lot of the other popular carries seem to be.

As he is right now, he seems to fall into the same category of other fringe characters where he has too many nuances and just isn't worth the effort needed to do really well. Why pick a character with a higher skill cap when you can faceroll QWER with Corki or Graves instead and do just as well?

Inskipp

The worst part about him is his auto-attack animation. So needlessly clunky, causes me to miss so much CS.
I never felt that his AA- animation was clunky, but his AA's projectile speed does kind of feel slow-ish compared to the current FOTM- AD carries.

Q8D3vil

I do like how Varus plays, some minor changes I think could make him really good. Nothing better than poking the enemy Graves as he comes in to CS and then landing a Q to pop the W stacks. Varus is fun in that he's all about poking and not 100-0 bursting like a lot of the other popular carries seem to be.

As he is right now, he seems to fall into the same category of other fringe characters where he has too many nuances and just isn't worth the effort needed to do really well. Why pick a character with a higher skill cap when you can faceroll QWER with Corki or Graves instead and do just as well?
varus is easy as fuck to play next to ashe and cait.
hardest carry is vayne and draven, everything else is not that hard actually 9talking about ad carry not positioning).

Blizzard

Banned
I think the big mistake I always make with Singed is trading at level 2 or something, when I'm not tanky at all. Once you are level 6 and have catalyst (and millions of other tank items after that) then you have a better chance of not dying and ending up 3+ levels behind the land opponent.

erragal

I used to rotate my mids a lot...but I can't stop playing Anivia now. I just really love the ability to make big plays at any time and the team fight control. Egg baiting is so ridiculously effective as well, especially the caliber of player I'm usually matched up against.

Of course then when I play mid I don't have the spare gold to cover the entire map with wards which makes me want to go back to playing support. I don't think I can justify playing Ani support either with the crazy mana costs.

Ferrio

Banned
The mid-August patch preview...His silence now has the slow-removal, and a general damage increase across the board, even though they say that his early game power will be reduced. But against nasus, who's early game power is 0, what does it matter?

Except even sub-30s know that nasus is fucked too.

Meant garen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom