• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feature

Banned
Anyone got a link to more information on the League of Legends tournament at gamescom? When the games are happening and the brackets etc... ?

Ken

You might have more success if you weren't so abrasive. Calling your teammates idiots isn't going to change their minds.

I wasn't expecting success. I abandoned that notion long ago.

You seem to take offense to a lot of the things I say in this thread. Feel free to use the ignore function.

EXGN

Whats a n00b friendly char to use?

Garen. He's tanky, does a lot of damage, has a relatively low skill cap and has a kill steal button.

Other than that, I would try just buying a few of the 450 IP characters and experimenting with them + the free characters. Best way to learn the game is to try a bunch of characters before settling down on a few.

garath

Man.. some people need to really learn how to communicate better. I get a normal draft game and I'm really feeling like I want to play a little more Lee Sin. I am first in the room and let everyone know I prefer top or mid but will play anything. I also happen to be first pick.

I get the last pick saying:

"garathk. ur support."

I politely said "umm, no, I think I'd prefer playing top this time."

Then another guy said "you should let <last pick guy> top, he's pro".

Sigh. If they had said, "hey, could you support? I'm best with top and can counter pick" or something along those lines I would have been more than happy to support. Looks like they were a pre-made.

Unfortunately I had a pretty rough laning phase with Lee against Kennen, dying a couple times and getting out cs'd by a solid margin. Got a few comments from the last pick peanut gallery. But I kept farming and itemized well and was a beast in teamfights. Went from 0/3 to 5/4 and made plenty of plays to win those teamfights.

Still, attitude is everything. Wish people would just show a little respect.

scy

Sigh. If they had said, "hey, could you support? I'm best with top and can counter pick" or something along those lines I would have been more than happy to support. Looks like they were a pre-made.

Unfortunately I had a pretty rough laning phase with Lee against Kennen, dying a couple times and getting out cs'd by a solid margin. Got a few comments from the last pick peanut gallery. But I kept farming and itemized well and was a beast in teamfights. Went from 0/3 to 5/4 and made plenty of plays to win those teamfights.

Still, attitude is everything. Wish people would just show a little respect.

Pretty much. Just a lot of people that aren't capable of actual discourse, just insults and rage.

Q8D3vil

i tried to be nice to people but it doesnt matter because they will shit all over you, raging at people give a much much better outcome in my case (EUNE).

EXGN

i tried to be nice to people but it doesnt matter because they will shit all over you, raging at people give a much much better outcome in my case (EUNE).

I would debate that. Raging at someone never makes anything better, even if they initiate. Classic instance of two wrongs not making a right.

Instead, I just like to say random stuff when people flame me.

MommasBasement: Fuck you, ExcelBeyond! Noob feeder, go choke on a cow dick.
Me: Woah bro, i'm gonna kiss you so hard if you keep talking dirty to me.
MommasBasement: WTF YOU TARD!
Me: Here comes the kissies! MMMMMWAH MWAH MWAH!

Much more entertaining.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's sad but true. I found EUW to be less hostile although you still get the regular twats.
Don't you get lonely on EUW without the rest of GAF? Think about how much I could be yelling at you if you were on the NA servers.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I find that games are much more enjoyable if people talk to each other in a civil manner. If you want someone to do something, don't preface your suggestion with "noob", "retard", "feeder", or any derivatives therein.

Also, don't complain on Allchat if your teammate isn't preforming to your liking (unless, you know, they're OBVIOUSLY trolling or are just straight out ignoring your hints/warnings). Nothing gets me like a teammate who spends more time bitching about me or someone else dying twice in lanning phase when they should be... you know... playing.

Ferrio

Banned
DORAMA.

So sad with people banning blitz and ali. Especially blitz... he's my favorite support. Landing a good hook never gets old.

DORAMA.

So sad with people banning blitz and ali. Especially blitz... he's my favorite support. Landing a good hook never gets old.

Some people don't like how they have to dramatically change their playstyle when playing in a lane against Blitz, and others dont like how easily he can peel someone from the enemy team so easily hence the frequent bans. You should be like me and buy Naut too. If they ban one choose the other ;)

Blizzard

Banned
I wasn't expecting success. I abandoned that notion long ago.

You seem to take offense to a lot of the things I say in this thread. Feel free to use the ignore function.
I think/thought you were a nice person, and I'm like the most annoying person ever, but it does seem like from the screenshots you post that you are kind of intentionally trolling teammates in chat. Are you intending to come off that way? I guess I'm really just not sure of your intentions in ranked.

Free week Renekton here. Both my Renekton games made me =(

Game #1: Me and Wukong dined on the bottom lane buffet. Top Kat does so awful against Cait. I know it's not a good matchup for her, but not 0/5 bad by 15 mins. I ask if she needs backup, no reply. Cait too strong with both BT and PD by the 25 min mark. Kat talking trash in chat, thinking she's still carrying the game and whines when she makes obvious bad calls where no one followed.

Game #2: I got disconnected for like the first 5 mins due to severe lag. Game was awfully glitchy even after restarting the game; Renekton's model only moved every 10 seconds or so even though there are no lost packets like in the first 5 mins. I got disconnected a few more times. I still ended up being the second best score (KA/D, gold) in our team since I managed to go 3/0 immediately after reconnecting. During mid-game, their Fiora and Ashe snowballed hard.

DORAMA.

Alistar, Amumu, Malphite, Shen and Tryn are my top bans. I just hate Tryn because he can get back easy and he can farm/push a lane without too much fear from ganks.

I don't like naut in lane. I got leona already anyways.

Well even with Naut in jungle people are forced to change their playstyles due to how his ganks work. You want to have minions between you and the river bush so he cant pull you. I was referring to that(although I love playing him as support too).

Speaking of Leona, does anyone have any general tips for her whether it be playstyles or item builds? Leona's a champ I haven't touched much.

XeroSauce

Free week Renekton here. Both my Renekton games made me =(

Game #1: Me and Wukong dined on the bottom lane buffet. Top Kat does so awful against Cait. I know it's not a good matchup for her, but not 0/5 bad by 15 mins. I ask if she needs backup, no reply. Cait too strong with both BT and PD by the 25 min mark. Kat talking trash in chat, thinking she's still carrying the game and whines when she makes obvious bad calls where no one followed.

Game #2: I got disconnected for like the first 5 mins due to severe lag. Game was awfully glitchy even after restarting the game; Renekton's model only moved every 10 seconds or so even though there are no lost packets like in the first 5 mins. I got disconnected a few more times. I still ended up being the second best score (KA/D, gold) in our team since I managed to go 3/0 immediately after reconnecting. During mid-game, their Fiora and Ashe snowballed hard.

Alistar, Amumu, Malphite, Shen and Tryn are my top bans. I just hate Tryn because he can get back easy and he can farm/push a lane without too much fear from ganks.

You just need o keep an eye on Trynd when he goes out to farm.

XeroSauce

Then he spins through the wall, heals off neuts then proceeds to farm. :(

I've found that Trynd only does crazy damage when you let him farm forever or get him fed, otherwise, he doesn't bring enough damage.

Yea, it's annoying to keep him under check, but if you do, then you have 1 less thing to worry about, a fed Trynd rampaging through your team.

scy

I've found that Trynd only does crazy damage when you let him farm forever or get him fed, otherwise, he doesn't bring enough damage.

Yea, it's annoying to keep him under check, but if you do, then you have 1 less thing to worry about, a fed Trynd rampaging through your team.

Super fed/farmed Trynd - A nuisance but manageable.
Anything less than fed Trynd - lol

That's my experience with him, more or less.

XeroSauce

Super fed/farmed Trynd - A nuisance but manageable.
Anything less than fed Trynd - lol

That's my experience with him, more or less.

Exactly, in a big teamfight, you only notice him when he eventually gets a crit or pops his ult and starts yelling all over the place

Blizzard

Banned
Manageable if you have a team comp that can manage it.
He is sort of like Katarina in that if you have much CC, or smart people with CC, he can somewhat abruptly be cancelled or held back long enough to kill him. If teams lack CC, or he farms up 7 bloodthirsters, then he may damage and heal a lot though.

dimb

Yo what year am I in where people are scared of Tryndamere? He's not even really viable in any role right now.

dimb

Even on an incompetent team I would take a Tryndamere over Darius or some shit by a million times.

Yo what year am I in where people are scared of Tryndamere? He's not even really viable in any role right now.

....but dat god mode and built in flash

Trynd is one of my favorite champs because of his looks, ability loadout which makes him have a much more aggressive playstyle. He was my most played character for a long time. I even bought his legendary skin(which I adore). But I slowly grew to understand how bad he truly his. Even when fed insane amounts, a bit of CC will negate him in most team fights. Still a fun character to play when pub stomping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom