• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Zyra got nerfed already. Still going to try her out, as long as I don't end up in groups that insta-lock and yell "MID OR I FEED".

wtb level 30

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So even high level ranked games are sucky, eh?

No, in 1700s, 9 out of 10 if you request for the position that you wanted, you will get it. People want you to play whatever your best at, and most of them can play more than one lane.

If there are more than 1 person fighting for the same lane, you can either back off, or whoever pick first will get the lane (higher elo is on top). Of course you can always convince them you really want the lane (I AM AWESOME JUNGLER!!! AND I ONLY HAVE ATTACK SPEED RUNEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!1111111), just make sure your performance back that up.

Ken

Corgi the Chloe: hello
Pentoba: adc
deadinparis: jungle
cedomaso: top
Corgi the Chloe: i am on a quest
cedomaso: sup
Corgi the Chloe: my quest is to get to 0 elo
deadinparis: i hope u r not serious
Corgi the Chloe: i am as serious as taric is outrageous
deadinparis: if yes plz leave
Corgi the Chloe: and taric is truly truly outrageous

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

You sir are awesome.

scy

Trying to think of a dedicated ranged AD carry I would want to see less on my team.

Nope can't think of any.

Tristana. Too easy for her to lose out early-to-mid game which really hurts her late game, especially with randoms. In the same sense, a bad Vayne.

:|

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tristana. Too easy for her to lose out early-to-mid game which really hurts her late game, especially with randoms. In the same sense, a bad Vayne.
Tristana is in an okay place right now. She has a pretty fair early game and laning phase and becomes the strongest carry late game. She could be better but she can still be a good pick.
No, that would make Nutty sad if I said that. I haven't played Twitch so I won't say, but I've seen good ones.

Ferrio

Banned
Tristana is in an okay place right now. She has a pretty fair early game and laning phase and becomes the strongest carry late game. She could be better but she can still be a good pick.

No, that would make Nutty sad if I said that. I haven't played Twitch so I won't say, but I've seen good ones.

Odd, everyone I hear from hates the new twitch.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Nah twitch is trolly worth.

E FTW!

Dance he hasn't seen my twitch roll someone. Now that it's getting nasty the snowballs are getting fun.

Seriously twitch is so easy these days against a lot of types. VS graves so so but I prefer ashe or vayne for that.

Q get in place W+E kill em dead.

dimb

Odd, everyone I hear from hates the new twitch.
Here's the thing, even if Twitch was a less than desirable pick he brings unique stuff to the table with his stealth, dots, and AOE. What is Varus good for? There are better champions suited to poke. You could also find better candidates if you're looking at healing debuffs or percentage based damage. The same goes for crowd control, again, why pick Varus?

scy

Well, yes, but I more meant while also factoring the player themselves. Tristana (and Vayne) are both really late game focused and them being bad in lane REALLY hurts.

Edit: Though I suppose factoring in bad players means that every champion would potentially be bad!

What is Varus good for? There are better champions suited to poke. You could also find better candidates if you're looking at healing debuffs or percentage based damage. The same goes for crowd control, again, why pick Varus?

He has good range and his kit isn't bad, per se. The problem is a lot of what he brings isn't good enough to pick for it since, like you say, everything he does is done by someone better and you rarely are looking for that combination of stuff.

I still don't know why he doesn't just have magic damage that scales off AD rather than those AP ratios.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well, yes, but I more meant while also factoring the player themselves. Tristana (and Vayne) are both really late game focused and them being bad in lane REALLY hurts.

Edit: Though I suppose factoring in bad players means that every champion would potentially be bad!

He has good range and his kit isn't bad, per se. The problem is a lot of what he brings isn't good enough to pick for it since, like you say, everything he does is done by someone better and you rarely are looking for that combination of stuff.

I still don't know why he doesn't just have magic damage that scales off AD rather than those AP ratios.

I think they had Hybrid Varus in mind when they were designing him. However, what happened in the end was that end result.

scy

I think they had Hybrid Varus in mind when they were designing him. However, what happened in the end was that end result.

Right, which is why they should just suck it up and make him full AD :x

Or at least some AD ratios on his W/R.

dimb

I don't know that I would say Trist is bad in lane. There are certain points where she trades very well, and she has mobility up there with the holy trinity of Corki, Graves, and Ezreal. It can be scary taking her in to team fights mid game though because in some ways her kit is unreliable.

EXGN

I could see him in a heavy CC team comp. Sona support, Mummy jungle, Ori/Zyra mid, Rumble top. A team where his ult could potentially root and damage every member of the enemy team. His CC would be the only reason to pick him, because outside of Ashe, hes the only AD with a strong CC.

ojyxg.png

First game as Jax! Unfortunately, my team was too heavy. If only I had a real weapon...

scy

T.T Starting to trend down towards 1:1 W:L ratio for Dom (250-180).

I don't know that I would say Trist is bad in lane. There are certain points where she trades very well, and she has mobility up there with the holy trinity of Corki, Graves, and Ezreal. It can be scary taking her in to team fights mid game though because in some ways her kit is unreliable.

Ah, I meant that her (and Vayne) doing poorly in their lane pre-late game will really cost them, not so much that they have bad laning phases. Though, I would say they have some relatively weaker low level lanes compared to the top picks.

Samyy

At 1232 elo and cant seem too muster up the courage to try to make it to 1250. Winning 4 ranked games in a row can only mean a loss is coming :(

I feel like if I once again go into detail about why Varus is solid but misunderstood I am going to sound like a broken asshole record.

Instead, I'm just going to say one thing we can all agree on: Lux is adorable.

scy

I feel like if I once again go into detail about why Varus is solid but misunderstood I am going to sound like a broken asshole record.

His biggest strength right now is that seemingly nobody knows that his Blight stacks are Magic damage, though maybe more people caught on since Jayce. I actually like Varus' playstyle.

Or don't be afraid to give him actual AP ratios

Or that, I guess. I mean, he has an on-hit from his W.

Ken

Corgi the Chloe: cass take flash
Corgi the Chloe: dont be an idiot
w00t26: lol
ShrekUrlacher: what?
w00t26: ikr
Corgi the Chloe: going to get ganked
ShrekUrlacher: why waste flash
w00t26: et flash
Corgi the Chloe: so hard
w00t26: why feed
w00t26: ?
ShrekUrlacher: my Q grants speed
ShrekUrlacher: whose feeding?
Corgi the Chloe: FLASH GRANTS YOU
w00t26: u
Corgi the Chloe: BLINK
ShrekUrlacher: im just usingm y spells for somthing usefull
Corgi the Chloe: it's like speed
Corgi the Chloe: but
Corgi the Chloe: crazier
w00t26: watch her feed
Chumpgrinder101: listen corgi
ShrekUrlacher: i try not to be stupid too often

It turns out I'm not the only one who wants to get to 0 ELO. Heal/Ignite Cass.

I think it'll be given out at Gamescom/PAX similar to K9 Nasus last year and Riot Singed in 2010.

Boo. I want one. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom