• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Same as any support. I build her EQW first then RWEQ. Preferably laned with Graves or Vayne.

W first because leona is not about the damage is about tanking and disturbing as long as you can for your carry.
Leona corki is the best combo, any character that have good attack speed steroids like ezrael or draven work quite well with her.

scy

But I slowly grew to understand how bad he truly his. Even when fed insane amounts, a bit of CC will negate him in most team fights.

Pretty much. Trynd is "good" because of his ult and his own spin2win (as an escape, anyway). But he's still ultimately just kind of meh. He really doesn't have great presence in lane and doesn't do much in team fights beyond "can hit things." At best, his ult scales well as his auto damage increases but it really just boils down to "for five seconds, he can do things."

Well, great. For five seconds he's a warm body that can right-click things. He's a melee AD Carry, basically. If he gets superfarmed/fed, he'll do some good with those five seconds due to his items. It's just getting him to that point that should be hard. And then he's still just worse than being ranged anyway.

Ferrio

Banned
W first because leona is not about the damage is about tanking and disturbing as long as you can for your carry.
Leona corki is the best combo, any character that have good attack speed steroids like ezrael or draven work quite well with her.

Q first, always.

Q8D3vil

Q first still. Lowers the cooldown. W doesn't lower cooldown.
w give you huge increase in stats + the best damage compared to q and e, why would i trade that for a lower cdr on a 1.25 stun with lower damage.
if your maxing q first then your doing it wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
So what do you guys build on Akali? Other than the Gunblade, I want more survivavility rather than raw damage, so I'm thinking maybe starting with Zhonya's/Abbyss depending on the matchup, and then Rylai's.

Also, just found out one of the girls I liked back in my first year of highschool is now playing LoL. She has twice as many wins as me lol. So bizarre how this game took over my world...

mercviper

Q first still for me. Lowers the cooldown. W doesn't lower cooldown.

W makes you tanky enough to stay in the fight though.

After the initial WEQ combo you'll either know if you're going to win the fight by staying or disengage. If you know you're winning they're probably retreating and you won't be able to follow up with your second Q until your E also cools down so you can catch up, so a lower Q cooldown doesn't matter. W is also the biggest burst damage you'll have as leona.

Ken

I think/thought you were a nice person, and I'm like the most annoying person ever, but it does seem like from the screenshots you post that you are kind of intentionally trolling teammates in chat. Are you intending to come off that way? I guess I'm really just not sure of your intentions in ranked.

I try to be nice to gaffers, but with ranked randoms it's whatever. After 140 ranked games of trying to be nice in ranked solo queue it's pretty much amounted to 1000 ELO and tons of insults flung my way even though I've not said a single thing or made some grievous error.

That flash-less Cass ended up getting ganked the most that game.

I only made that comment to Ashe after she got mad that I stole all her kills because she can't kite or finish off a 10 health Graves that I left alive for her.

The last game where I tried to be nice I was jungling and built Frozen Heart as my first item about 15 minutes in. 40 minutes later the support buys a Frozen Heart and accuses me of buying one after him and gets angry.

So yeah, I'm trolling in ranked chat but I try to actually win in game. Meanwhile mid Veigar is feeding a billion kills to the enemy kat and Xin brought back 14 instances of death from the jungle.

Kind of the wrong attitude to take, honestly.

Depends on what you're after in ranked.

EXGN

So what do you guys build on Akali? Other than the Gunblade, I want more survivavility rather than raw damage, so I'm thinking maybe starting with Zhonya's/Abbyss depending on the matchup, and then Rylai's.

Also, just found out one of the girls I liked back in my first year of highschool is now playing LoL. She has twice as many wins as me lol. So bizarre how this game took over my world...

Trinity is good for a bruiser Akali. Think I actually saw Voyboy build that VS IG. Rylai's gives you a nice boost of HP as well.

Ken said:

Not really. It's never nice to be a dick to others. Two wrongs =/= right.

Blizzard

Banned
I agree with this. One of my biggest faults is typing stuff in chat when I should just be silent, even if teammates are terrible, or even if I'm messing up. Worst case, you get practice playing a champion, waste 40 minutes of your life (with which I should have been doing something productive with instead of playing LoL anyway), and try to do better next ranked game if possible.

Duo queue is another option to mitigate it.

All I can say is that I know it's possible to go from <700 elo to >1250 elo, and I think that was either 100% or 99% solo queue rather than duo. You just need patience, consistency, probably playing carries, and like two months to waste. :p

Hero

Who's the best Jungler that can actually dish out damage, secure kills and potentially carry a game right now? Xin Zhao? Nocturne?

brian!

so ive been pretty much exclusively playing gaf games when I play for about a month
and I tried some solo normals today
people dealt with rage in a friendly way, people played great and did their roles correctly, each game was actually close and not a snowball fest

im in solo q heaven guyz

zkylon

zkylewd
So yeah, I'm trolling in ranked chat but I try to actually win in game. Meanwhile mid Veigar is feeding a billion kills to the enemy kat and Xin brought back 14 instances of death from the jungle.
I feel like people's natural response to trolls is to countertroll and throw the game, so it sounds like you may set yourself for defeat if you troll your own team. Just sayin', I like trolling a bit myself too (me and a three friend all pick revive and surge, only to change it at the last second, stuff like that), but you never know how people will take it...

Trinity is good for a bruiser Akali. Think I actually saw Voyboy build that VS IG. Rylai's gives you a nice boost of HP as well.
IG? What's that? I don't know anything about the competitive scene or whatever.

And Trinity Force sounds like a waste on Akali, since you don't really care for Attack speed, critical chance and mana.

Ferrio

Banned
Who's the best Jungler that can actually dish out damage, secure kills and potentially carry a game right now? Xin Zhao? Nocturne?

Too me that's counter productive. Your income is potentially a lot less than any of the lanes, so unless you get quite a few early successful gank, and get the last hit... you won't have as much carrying power as the lanes. To me your opponents have to be really really bad for your jungler to be the actually carry, and more about you setting your teammates up to carry.

It happens... but I don't think it's consistant as picking top/mid and crushing your lane.

Hero

If you're willing to wait for the patch, Rengar might fill that spot.
Oh damn you're right. I was interested in him anyway since he looks like a really strong solotop too and Darius just isn't cutting it anymore. Thanks for the reminder.
nocturne thanks to his Q.
just dont build ad jungler.

Nocturne is AD though?

Too me that's counter intuitive. Your income is potentially a lot less than any of the lanes, so unless you get quite a few early successful gank, and get the last hit... you won't have as much carrying power as the lanes. To me your opponents have to be really really bad for your jungler to be the actually carry, and more about you setting your teammates up to carry.

Yeah not trying it out for ranked or anything, just decided to try something else for a change of pace. My jungler rotation is Naut/Alistar/Malph but they're all tanky initiators which is great, just looking to try something different. I could try Jungle Riven again I suppose.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah not trying it out for ranked or anything, just decided to try something else for a change of pace. My jungler rotation is Naut/Alistar/Malph but they're all tanky initiators which is great, just looking to try something different. I could try Jungle Riven again I suppose.

You can, but again you run into the trouble that she needs to snowball. So if you don't get those ganks.. your midgame is absolute trash. Atleast noc brings other stuff to the table other than raw damage.

Hero

You can, but again you run into the trouble that she needs to snowball. So if you don't get those ganks.. your midgame is absolute trash. Atleast noc brings other stuff to the table other than raw damage.

Yeah that's true. What were your thoughts on jungle Diana?

Blizzard

Banned
i mean dont build him like most of the retards who build him full ad with bt and phantom dancer.

get wriggle frozen mallet and continue on that depend on the enemy team.
Those are very low damage though -- are they enough? I thought I heard atmas is pretty terrible now so I'm not sure it would help.

But yes building bloodthirster and phantom dancer might not make you survive very well. I love enemy Nocturnes that build squishy, try to gank, go DARKNESSSSSSSS ...

... AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN

Q8D3vil

Those are very low damage though -- are they enough? I thought I heard atmas is pretty terrible now so I'm not sure it would help.

But yes building bloodthirster and phantom dancer might not make you survive very well. I love enemy Nocturnes that build squishy, try to gank, go DARKNESSSSSSSS ...

... AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN

this is the core items since they work extremely well with his kit, i like building maw against an ap that is doing well and ghost blade (the active destroy squishes so damn fast) if i can or build so tanky items like randuin
if you have full 6 items then sell wriggle and get IE or BT then, i really dont see the need for a any attack speed item on nocturne since his w passive cover that.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah that's true. What were your thoughts on jungle Diana?

I like her a lot, but in against a good comp I think she can get blown up easily. Her ganks pre six are lack luster unless your opponent is really overextended and/or you blow a flash. After that they're really good. Again she's one that needs to snowball, she doesn't offer much to the table other than her damage. But if she does it's pretty nasty.

She's a semi-leblanc I can jungle with, which to me is really nice have as an option.

EXGN

I feel like people's natural response to trolls is to countertroll and throw the game, so it sounds like you may set yourself for defeat if you troll your own team. Just sayin', I like trolling a bit myself too (me and a three friend all pick revive and surge, only to change it at the last second, stuff like that), but you never know how people will take it...

IG? What's that? I don't know anything about the competitive scene or whatever.

And Trinity Force sounds like a waste on Akali, since you don't really care for Attack speed, critical chance and mana.

It's a Chinese team.

At any rate, I think I misinterpreted your question. When you said you wanted to focus on survivability, I thought you meant you wanted to play a bruiser Akali rather than an assassin. Bruiser Akali is sorta a thing that you'll see sometimes in specific team comps {or just goofing around). Triforce is a decent item in that scenario because it givers her HP, more move speed, a slow, the Sheen proc, attack speed that synergizes with her passive, etc.

If you're looking for survivability on assassin Akali, then Rylai's is probably the most common pick. You shouldn't really be focusing too much on survivability too much though, it's you goal to clean up and pick people off, not to sustain in long team fights.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a Chinese team.

At any rate, I think I misinterpreted your question. When you said you wanted to focus on survivability, I thought you meant you wanted to play a bruiser Akali rather than an assassin. Bruiser Akali is sorta a thing that you'll see sometimes in specific team comps {or just goofing around). Triforce is a decent item in that scenario because it givers her HP, more move speed, a better slow, the Sheen proc, attack speed that synergizes with her passive, etc.

If you're looking for survivability on assassin Akali, then Rylai's is probably the most common pick. You shouldn't really be focusing too much on survivability too much though, it's you goal to clean up and pick people off, not to sustain in long team fights.
Oh, cool, it's alright :)

Main reason I'm looking for a bit more survivability is so I can have an easier time getting the hang of it, like I did with Ahri. I stop rushing full AP and delay Rab's unless I'm doing awesome.

Boken

Banned
w give you huge increase in stats + the best damage compared to q and e, why would i trade that for a lower cdr on a 1.25 stun with lower damage.
if your maxing q first then your doing it wrong.

W makes you tanky enough to stay in the fight though.

After the initial WEQ combo you'll either know if you're going to win the fight by staying or disengage. If you know you're winning they're probably retreating and you won't be able to follow up with your second Q until your E also cools down so you can catch up, so a lower Q cooldown doesn't matter. W is also the biggest burst damage you'll have as leona.
As a bot laner, I agree with these two. W gives damage and survivability.

I like to build rylais after my gun blade so I can go full retard and dive aggressively for kills. Keep in mind this is a pretty midgame build so if you don't make big plays you're going to be boned come late game.
I try to be nice to gaffers, but with ranked randoms it's whatever. After 140 ranked games of trying to be nice in ranked solo queue it's pretty much amounted to 1000 ELO and tons of insults flung my way even though I've not said a single thing or made some grievous error.

That flash-less Cass ended up getting ganked the most that game.

I only made that comment to Ashe after she got mad that I stole all her kills because she can't kite or finish off a 10 health Graves that I left alive for her.

The last game where I tried to be nice I was jungling and built Frozen Heart as my first item about 15 minutes in. 40 minutes later the support buys a Frozen Heart and accuses me of buying one after him and gets angry.

Why you being mean crogi
Easily nocturne. Or shyvanna or mundo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/akali/84-akali-build-guide-top-by-westrice/item-build

Trinity is good for a bruiser Akali.
This seems like a genuinely terrible idea.
It depends what you are looking for. There are lots of good jungler choices that all excel in various ways. Nocturne is the most solid and reliable pick I would say, but Mundo is personally my champion of choice because he opens up more when it comes to counterjungling and map control. Skarner is also in an excellent place right now. I have also heard a decent amount about people rolling Darius jungle in a role similar to what you are looking for because of his ability to snowball and carry games hard. You can't really go wrong between the wide choices you have in jungle right now. Pick something that fits your playstyle the best. For all you know it might be Hecarim.
Yay Sejuani is on sale!
Back off, she's mine.

dimb

Will this make garen actually have some late game potential now?
Not only does he scale much better, but his wave clearing will be pretty crazy, his lane presence is increased because of the passive buff, and his potential damage output with ability crits will actually reward him properly for building offensive items.

The Jayce buff is a huge boon to the responsiveness of the character, so expect a few new champions to show up top lane. It's pretty obvious that Riot is unhappy with top the most right now, so I suspect it'll get tweaked a lot in the future.
People totally build AP on kayle right now. *rolls eyes*
Only ap item people get is trinity.
Irrelevant. She is one of the strongest champs in the game and didn't need anything. Maybe Yorick should get AP scaling buffs because he doesn't build it anyways.

XeroSauce

Rylai's for sure. Trinity, not so much.

The only buffer it provides is health, and Akali can't use as many of the stats as other people can.

And it's 4k.

Will this make garen actually have some late game potential now?

Q has like 50% higher base damage can crit.

W can last up to 6 seconds and grants anti-CC; passive is better if your armor/MR is >105

E... I'll math fu this later to compare the scaling, but the base damage is +41 over the old one.

Does extra anti-CC from skills (Mundo W, new Garen W) stack multiplicatively with your Tenacity? Actually with that buff, I'll put less consideration for Treads on him now.

Boken

Banned
Irrelevant. She is one of the strongest champs in the game and didn't need anything. Maybe Yorick should get AP scaling buffs because he doesn't build it anyways.
It's about making other builds viable. Maybe people can finally go AP/AS and not make me face palm. I bet you wouldn't call varus' ap ratio increase a buff. You're just being selectively whiny. You sound a bit like summons.

Maybe they should buff yoricks AP scaling so I can build him AP.

You should worry more about teemo

LCGeek

formerly sane
Not only does he scale much better, but his wave clearing will be pretty crazy, his lane presence is increased because of the passive buff, and his potential damage output with ability crits will actually reward him properly for building offensive items.

The Jayce buff is a huge boon to the responsiveness of the character, so expect a few new champions to show up top lane. It's pretty obvious that Riot is unhappy with top the most right now, so I suspect it'll get tweaked a lot in the future.

Good stuff. Haven't used garen cause I grew up in the game when his shit was glitched. Knowing he is more solid top finally might make use him and actually bring my playstyle with his types in to games.

dimb

It's about making other builds viable. Maybe people can finally go AP/AS and not make me face palm. I bet you wouldn't call varus' ap ratio increase a buff. You're just being selectively whiny. You sound a bit like summons.

Maybe they should buff yoricks AP scaling so I can build him AP.

You should worry more about teemo
You are becoming increasingly unbearable. This pitiful fondling of scaling on abilities will do nothing to make AP Kayle viable, and Attack Speed is already an essential component to Kayle so the only thing making me face palm is your posts here. All this does is simply give a slight boost to Kayle's damage, which, wow, no rational person would ever think necessary.

Shove the "selective whining" stuff up your ass. I don't need to run my mouth about every little change just to give you something to throw back in my face. To begin with I think Varus is a piece of garbage, so any buffs would be a welcome change. The ability power scaling simply makes him more confusing. Alternatively, can I simply not care about some changes?

And just leave Summons alone. I don't know what bringing him up is even supposed to mean but in no way does he really deserve to be brought up in a negative light completely out of context.

Boken

Banned
I wasn't aware that people lost to ap/as kayle

You are becoming increasingly unbearable. This pitiful fondling of scaling on abilities will do nothing to make AP Kayle viable, and Attack Speed is already an essential component to Kayle so the only thing making me face palm is your posts here. All this does is simply give a slight boost to Kayle's damage, which, wow, no rational person would ever think necessary.

Shove the "selective whining" stuff up your ass. I don't need to run my mouth about every little change just to give you something to throw back in my face. To begin with I think Varus is a piece of garbage, so any buffs would be a welcome change. The ability power scaling simply makes him more confusing. Alternatively, can I simply not care about some changes?

And just leave Summons alone. I don't know what bringing him up is even supposed to mean but in no way does he really deserve to be brought up in a negative light completely out of context.
I only do it because you're rude to everybody. This is pretty much how you treat people. But I'm pretty sure the intent of the buff is for AP/AS kayle.

I bring up summons because I assume you and he don't get along.

dimb

I wasn't aware that people lost to ap/as kayle
Do you have basic reading comprehension problems? They don't, but this still buffs Kayle's damage numbers across the board for all builds while doing nothing to really make building AP on Kayle viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom