• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally tried new Katarina for the first time. I'm really sad about it. :/ I feel like autoattack timing might be different, I don't like the graphics/animations, I REALLY don't like the sound effects, and she feels so incredibly weak now.

Like once upon a time if you ulted someone you could expect to do damage. Now doing a second or two of ult seems to do practically nothing, in addition to Q seeming to be even weaker than before. Maybe I just need a few games to figure it out, but it makes me sad at the moment.

Ken

I'm so glad our Malphite went and ult'd the single Soraka and missed, throwing the game.

Like, why would you go and ult the Soraka that broke off from the team that's RIGHT THERE and try to ult her instead of the team that's RIGHT THERE. Didn't call anyone an idiot in chat or troll so it's just people being stupid brainless morons all on their own accord.

Also won't forget the Akali that presses R as soon as she sees ANYONE, never mind that the entire team might be in the bush 5 steps away, or the GP who can't help get caught out alone in top lane because he can't delay his redundant garbage build for a single ward.

/salt

Samyy

I'm so glad our Malphite went and ult'd the single Soraka and missed, throwing the game.

Like, why would you go and ult the Soraka that broke off from the team that's RIGHT THERE and try to ult her instead of the team that's RIGHT THERE. Didn't call anyone an idiot in chat or troll so it's just people being stupid brainless morons all on their own accord.

Also won't forget the Akali that presses R as soon as she sees ANYONE, never mind that the entire team might be in the bush 5 steps away, or the GP who can't help get caught out alone in top lane because he can't delay his redundant garbage build for a single ward.

/salt

you forgot to rant about the manamune ezreal

Ken

you forgot to rant about the manamune ezreal

@_@

Can I please get an ADC that

1) Knows how to build properly
2) Doesn't run at the first sight of the enemy
3) Doesn't press R whenever its off CD.
4) Knows how to position. You don't have to position extremely well either, just don't stand in front of the two tanks to press Q when they have a billion gap closers.

Samyy

@_@

4) Knows how to position. You don't have to position extremely well either, just don't stand in front of the two tanks to press Q when they have a billion gap closers.

Its unfortunate because i can do all that as an ad carry (60%wr + on all the ones I play and 100% on vayne) but my supports well are a little odd sometimes.

My last game a taric just started with red ruby crystal. Against ali jungle. Yep. That was fun. Zoned so hard.

When he died he perceived to call me a "noob faglord" and steal nauts jungle and afk.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
@_@

You should play with me. Or watch my stream. lol.

Kaos just outplayed the shit out of Darius and Orianna.

Draven. LOL

Koomaster

Is there a way to report someone's username if you didn't play with them? Started up a match with a friend and as soon as I pointed out the name, my friend dodged b/c he didn't want to play with that person.

I would think by the time you hit level 30 Riot would weed out names like that, it was pretty blatantly bad. Anyway, I wanted to report but couldn't since we didn't play that person.

XeroSauce

http://soraka.blogspot.ca/2012/08/tales-of-valoran-4.html

talesofvaloran004.png

God damnit most cutest Riven ever

Samyy

Is there a way to report someone's username if you didn't play with them? Started up a match with a friend and as soon as I pointed out the name, my friend dodged b/c he didn't want to play with that person.

I would think by the time you hit level 30 Riot would weed out names like that, it was pretty blatantly bad. Anyway, I wanted to report but couldn't since we didn't play that person.

dont think so no

Blizzard

Banned
@_@

Playing support in ranked is just asking for extra suffering in my opinion.

Also I've lost both Katarina games since the update. High cooldowns and lack of damage, they buuuurn. I did have okay farm I guess, small comfort.

Blizzard

Banned
Did this patch take forever to load to you guys? It's been patching for the past half hour...
The client froze for me and I can't even get it to launch now. I got the launcher screen to come up once but the login never comes up even if I kill the LoL programs.

Wow, they have been improving.

Also, I really dig the MF because... well, it's hard to explain, but it seems to be in the new style while still having it's own style.

My vocabulary sucks.

I finally tried new Katarina for the first time. I'm really sad about it. :/ I feel like autoattack timing might be different, I don't like the graphics/animations, I REALLY don't like the sound effects, and she feels so incredibly weak now.

Like once upon a time if you ulted someone you could expect to do damage. Now doing a second or two of ult seems to do practically nothing, in addition to Q seeming to be even weaker than before. Maybe I just need a few games to figure it out, but it makes me sad at the moment.

W is actually pretty good. I leveled her like I used to with old Kat (R > Q > E > W) but maybe I should level W before E since Shunpo does like no damage now. Q+W+W+Q can clear waves pretty fast at higher levels. W being instant-cast

QW combos in lane actually work pretty well for farming/harrassing. E is still important but a well-timed W canhelp you with chasing/escaping.

I find that R is weaker now, especially in 1v1 situations. It works better in a teamfight. The new W means that you don't always need to score a kill in order to keep fighting.

Like with most Kat games I built her tanky to start and didn't start scoring kills until late game.

http://i.imgur.com/Uua8E.png

Blizzard

Banned
W is actually pretty good. I leveled her like I used to with old Kat (R > Q > E > W) but maybe I should level W before E since Shunpo does like no damage now. Q+W+W+Q can clear waves pretty fast at higher levels. W being instant-cast

QW combos in lane actually work pretty well for farming/harrassing. E is still important but a well-timed W canhelp you with chasing/escaping.

I find that R is weaker now, especially in 1v1 situations. It works better in a teamfight. The new W means that you don't always need to score a kill in order to keep fighting.

Like with most Kat games I built her tanky to start and didn't start scoring kills until late game.

http://i.imgur.com/Uua8E.png
I really REALLY don't want to depend on getting to late game to do well though. I've lost all 3 since the patch now, all 3 with a fed enemy top lane in the first 5-15 minutes I think. The rest of it is largely me being terrible.

I'm thinking it may be good to get E to at least level 2 for the cooldown, but yes W does help clearing minions. That's the main positive thing I'm noticing since it feels easier to get wraiths or minions in a group while you are waiting on the huge Q cooldown.

Blizzard

Banned
I won the 4th game but it was suuuper long (versus leblanc and I was playing passively so as not to feed...though two other people kinda walked into the lane and gave her early kills). I think I'm going to try to get level 2 E and then max W before E.

I'm not sure I ever really encountered cases where W would have helped kill people much in teamfights though. If I didn't kill with the initial jump, I tended to die within the couple of seconds before W would even come off cooldown, since it's not like people are going to ignore kat in teamfights. But hey, it helps farming as long as you're not zoned.

Q8D3vil

@_@

if i support an adc that do this that means 80% the game is won.
tbh, its much worse with supports, "im going to pick blitz support and build manamune on him trololol".

Ferrio

Banned
Playing leblanc vs kat mid lane.

Do my combo on her... Q, W and ignite right before she runs into side bush. She's really low so I E into the bush to finish it off..... and it hits and stuns. I run into the bush... and it tethered to a full health lee sin. FML.

Feature

Banned
Just a heads up for everyone, in 3 hours the LoL tournament will start at gamescom. The winner (and maybe second place?) will go to the finals in america for the (2 million dollars ?) grand prize.

Link here:
http://esl.tv/iem/

Ken

psykOpunkZ: r u going darius wit teleport and ignite?
JUSTBLAZESD: yea
psykOpunkZ: god
psykOpunkZ: w/e
JUSTBLAZESD: so?
Corgi the Chloe: so
Corgi the Chloe: you have no escape
psykOpunkZ: flash is op
Corgi the Chloe: so you'll get ganked
Corgi the Chloe: because you're darius
JUSTBLAZESD: i dont plan on over extending
xDonut27x: daruis op anyways
Corgi the Chloe: ok...
xDonut27x: he dosent need to excape
mohe: teemo vs darius top
xDonut27x: who will win?
JUSTBLAZESD: me

Find out after the break who the victor is.

Q8D3vil

psykOpunkZ: r u going darius wit teleport and ignite?
JUSTBLAZESD: yea
psykOpunkZ: god
psykOpunkZ: w/e
JUSTBLAZESD: so?
Corgi the Chloe: so
Corgi the Chloe: you have no escape
psykOpunkZ: flash is op
Corgi the Chloe: so you'll get ganked
Corgi the Chloe: because you're darius
JUSTBLAZESD: i dont plan on over extending
xDonut27x: daruis op anyways
Corgi the Chloe: ok...
xDonut27x: he dosent need to excape
mohe: teemo vs darius top
xDonut27x: who will win?
JUSTBLAZESD: me

Find out after the break who the victor is.
typical darius players 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom