• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Seems to be region locked to the US. Bummer.

Ah, this might be it. Rotten american imperialism shows his face again :D

That seems weird, though:

The keys for the Master Yi Champion + Samurai Skin is now available for residents of North America and Europe. Please note that users from North America will receive a key that will only work on the North American server and users from Europe will receive a key that will only work on European servers.

Ken

ummonsInTrouble (7:26): unless you taught me how to play skarner
Bindww (7:26): Corgi carries games hard
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): u dont play w anyone
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): u build
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): philo
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): gotta go fast boots
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): trinity force
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): tons of damage
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): lol
Corgi the Chloe (7:26): true story

I had to play Graves because someone first picked Diana jungle and did nothing.

falastini

I think Skarner is good for low elo games because he does something that teams at that elo suck at doing... focusing the carry in team fights. I don't know how many times I see people hitting Mundo or Ali up front, when Ez is tearing us up from the back.

His ult acts as a big "hit this guy" indicator.

I think Skarner is good for low elo games because he does something that teams at that elo suck at doing... focusing the carry in team fights. I don't know how many times I see people hitting Mundo or Ali up front, when Ez is tearing us up from the back.

His ult acts as a big "hit this guy" indicator.

As someone who mainly plays AD carry, it's impossible to focus their backline carries when they have champs like ALi and Mundo in front without just blowing the fuck up. Like, as a squishy carry you have to be attack the front line until shit goes down and you can hit a more favorable target out of position. Skarner's ultimate is just an amazing initiation to a fight that can pull a prime target out of position, and that's why it wrecks.

EXGN

DefGn.png

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... Ali and Ez decided five minutes in they didn't wanna play anymore. Hopefully they get what they deserve.

Great game tonight, GAF.

Concerning Diana, my problem with her is not her ratios, it's the utility of her shield.

Even if you go all in, you can sometimes only get rid of the shield before she has you at 50%.

falastini

Watching tourneys recently, and it's getting boring seeing the same champs picked all the time. Riot should shake things up a bit.

Add more bans? Have bans carry over throughout a series? I dunno. I'd just like to see more champs in play.

Watching tourneys recently, and it's getting boring seeing the same champs picked all the time. Riot should shake things up a bit.

I don't think the problem is with Riot. Pro gaming in general is reluctant to fix what isn't broken. That is why it is so refreshing seeing Korean teams come into the scene. They are brand new to the game and don't always run a completely "meta" setup.

There are dozens of champions in the game that are currently viable at top level play that you rarely see picked. Sivir, Tristana, Fiddlesticks mid, Lux, Viktor, Malzahar, Talon, and Trundle are all good examples. Captain Jack recently destroyed with Sivir but I haven't seen a single one online lately.

Then there are excellent champs that are picked but rarely like Cho'Gath, Swain, Jarvan IV, Kassadin, Kayle, Leblanc, Singed, Zilean, etc.

What generally happens is someone experiments and a champ is suddenly FOTM, like AP Sion, Malphite top, Olaf top, etc. and everyone jumps on their nuts and suddenly it's a viable pick even though seemingly the entire community thought that champ was garbage. Kayle is a great example of this.

Pros are just stubborn and want that cash so they go with what's proven. I can't fault them for that, but I agree it's boring.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm assuming I just don't know how to use a mouse, but TWICE today in lobbies I clicked nunu, clicked lock in, and locked in with blitzcrank. They are nowhere close to each other in the layout...am I just crazy?

You received a present
from your friend Blizzard

:O Thanks!

I almost bought it this morning, and then I had no money in PayPal, but somehow you read my mind?

I'm assuming I just don't know how to use a mouse, but TWICE today in lobbies I clicked nunu, clicked lock in, and locked in with blitzcrank. They are nowhere close to each other in the layout...am I just crazy?

It happens to me during the ban screen as captain sometimes.

Clicked to ban Blitzcrank, banned Fiddlesticks.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Out of these characters, which one is the most viable? or maybe put them in order of viability please. (preferably list them in order to the best of your knowledge)

Master yi
Shaco
Teemo
Singed
Urgot
Nasus

Ken

Out of these characters, which one is the most viable? or maybe put them in order of viability please. (preferably list them in order to the best of your knowledge)

Master yi
Shaco
Teemo
Singed
Urgot
Nasus

Singed
Urgot
Teemo
Nasus
Shaco
Master Yi

IMO

Disclaimer: I haven't played Urgot after his nerfs and I don't play the last three champions much.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Singed
Urgot
Teemo
Nasus
Shaco
Master Yi

IMO

Disclaimer: I haven't played Urgot after his nerfs and I don't play the last three champions much.

I thought yi was good :x. Guess with all the high damage characters who can actually take a hit, he falls short huh?

I thought yi was good :x. Guess with all the high damage characters who can actually take a hit, he falls short huh?
He seems similar to Nocturne... innate damage, have to build survivability because they have to get in close... but Nocturne has CC and a spell shield.

It's as though he's squarely better.

Q8D3vil

He seems similar to Nocturne... innate damage, have to build survivability because they have to get in close... but Nocturne has CC and a spell shield.

It's as though he's squarely better.

nocturne can gank and clear faster too i think.

i dont know why people dont lane with nocturne, his kit is insanely good and counter a lot of the popular picks like yorick.
im talking about solo rank not high level tournaments.

Blizzard

Banned
The client/game does seem weird today. I've seen double speed minions/champions, like it lags and catches up.

Also I just had one of those rare games where the chat log was crazy. Akali on my team was spamming, in detail, how they were going to come to my house, rape my family, rape/kill me, etc. Apparently they'd been banned before too, big surprise there.

I guess people really do hate Teemo. =(

IsayFever

nocturne can gank and clear faster too i think.

i dont know why people dont lane with nocturne, his kit is insanely good and counter a lot of the popular picks like yorick.
im talking about solo rank not high level tournaments.

His laning is fine and dandy, but his presence in the jungle is just too great. His ganks are insanely good, his clear speeds really high, and just overall one of the best junglers. Having him in lane is just losing some of his overall potential

His laning is fine and dandy, but his presence in the jungle is just too great. His ganks are insanely good, his clear speeds really high, and just overall one of the best junglers. Having him in lane is just losing some of his overall potential

I always see people say this, blah blah blah he's SOOOO good in the jungle.

What if you already HAVE a strong jungler? I don't see it as losing any potential. If anything, he sort of gains potential being a constant threat for the mid lane or around the enemy jungle where wards are present.

The client/game does seem weird today. I've seen double speed minions/champions, like it lags and catches up.

Also I just had one of those rare games where the chat log was crazy. Akali on my team was spamming, in detail, how they were going to come to my house, rape my family, rape/kill me, etc. Apparently they'd been banned before too, big surprise there.

I guess people really do hate Teemo. =(

Summons, THANK YOU for responding. I thought I was going mad.

EXGN

What if you already HAVE a strong jungler? I don't see it as losing any potential. If anything, he sort of gains potential being a constant threat for the mid lane or around the enemy jungle where wards are present.

He's one of those champions that benefits more from being in the jungle. A champion with a long range ult has much more effect when they can leave their lane without consequence.

Exactly. You have to compare to other champions of that role. e.g. If AD Kennen is bad, it's not because "AP Kennen is better", it's because AD Kennen doesn't stack up to other AD carries.

Blizzard

Banned

It usually happened when I would click somewhere else on the map, like it would show a champion moving fast and then slow down.

And I already mentioned getting blitz instead of nunu but maybe I just clicked lock in too quickly.

Ken

It usually happened when I would click somewhere else on the map, like it would show a champion moving fast and then slow down.

And I already mentioned getting blitz instead of nunu but maybe I just clicked lock in too quickly.

That's happening to me a lot too. I thought it was my connection at first but I guess not.

There's also the weird thing of usually seeing the jungler's icon randomly appear in the Fog of War and then warp to where he actually is as he's coming out of the fog.

Q8D3vil

Exactly. You have to compare to other champions of that role. e.g. If AD Kennen is bad, it's not because "AP Kennen is better", it's because AD Kennen doesn't stack up to other AD carries.
he is an assassin, if he did well at top lane he can assassinate ad/ap easy in team fights.
his Q is great for damage and his ultimate make him easy to pick the ad carry in team fights and kill him.

im sure is much viable than half of the top lane picks and he can counter alot of champion and setup for great ganks with the jungler thanks to his fear + good escape with W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom