• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Graves and possibly Corki are the ADC's that confused me the most. Like, I understand Graves is supposed to have crazy burst, he has all the awesome skills, he's supposed to be super tanky, and yet invariably I will be confused about how to dash and win to dash. Or I would dash forwards, do very little damage with shotgun, and promptly get instagibbed by the enemy carry.

I'm sure it's something basic that I'm just too bad to understand, but it is kind of funny/sad how some champions confuse me so much. Or maybe it's like the Jax/Xin effect, where enemy Jax/Xin's are usually amazing, OP, pro players, and your team's Jax/Xin are the worst.

Q8D3vil

Graves and possibly Corki are the ADC's that confused me the most. Like, I understand Graves is supposed to have crazy burst, he has all the awesome skills, he's supposed to be super tanky, and yet invariably I will be confused about how to dash and win to dash. Or I would dash forwards, do very little damage with shotgun, and promptly get instagibbed by the enemy carry.

I'm sure it's something basic that I'm just too bad to understand, but it is kind of funny/sad how some champions confuse me so much. Or maybe it's like the Jax/Xin effect, where enemy Jax/Xin's are usually amazing, OP, pro players, and your team's Jax/Xin are the worst.

gotta agree with the jax/xin part. for every 10 bad feeders fucker jax i get 1 decent one who win or survive his lane.

also, every time i play with gragas they own so fucking hard like its nobody business even if he is on my team.

EXGN

Add Tryn to that list. When I play against him, he's this OP monster that one shots everyone. On my team, he runs in, has to blow his ult in 1 second and then runs away without doing anything useful.

methane47

New record for me in Jungle Alistar
E5CG8.png

31 assists :)

zkylon

zkylewd

Feel the same about Graves. Early on when I bought him, I destroyed noobs like myself but now I just don't feel like I do any damage at all...

Blizzard

Banned
I did actually see a good Diana jungle (or else the free week Lee Sin and the other team were just bad). She seemed to start dorans, dorans, rylais, and I guess sorc shoes.

FoxSpirit

What's the opinion on Miss Fortune and Olaf. Also, Olaf is jungle, right, feasible to play at level 21 with the available runeslots?

Also, welcome back, oh you my internet. But so much work, can't play :-\

Ken

What's the opinion on Miss Fortune and Olaf. Also, Olaf is jungle, right, feasible to play at level 21 with the available runeslots?

Also, welcome back, oh you my internet. But so much work, can't play :-\

Olaf can jungle and top.

MF is MF. Graves is better and more manly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guess riven is my lucky charm.

Fighting panth as riven is such a pain in the ass.
Gives me hope you just said that. My first time playing Riven I got matched against a Pantheon and I just didn't know what to do.

I'm copying off guides and building BT+GA but I find with her the same problem I find with all AD champs, buying that BF Sword is just painfully hard early game, and buying a couple Doran's Swords pushes it so far back it makes you feel like it takes forever...

By the way, what's the stance of Warmog's on Riven? Or her build in general? I'm following this guide at the moment: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=16914

Anyone tried pure tank Olaf? I know you should build him tanky deeps. Wish I could try it but my ISP's being horrible right now. Idea was that you rely on E.

Defense Boots
Shurelya
Warmog
Frozen Heart
FoN
Atma
Aegis/GA

garath

Gives me hope you just said that. My first time playing Riven I got matched against a Pantheon and I just didn't know what to do.

I'm copying off guides and building BT+GA but I find with her the same problem I find with all AD champs, buying that BF Sword is just painfully hard early game, and buying a couple Doran's Swords pushes it so far back it makes you feel like it takes forever...

By the way, what's the stance of Warmog's on Riven? Or her build in general? I'm following this guide at the moment: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=16914

You should be able to farm a little until you can afford a couple doran's blades or a brutalizer and a vamp scepter then your job is to stay in lane and farm until you can afford that BF sword or better yet, the BT straight up. Better players will tell you the exact time you should attempt to achieve this but I usually shoot for ~16 minutes to complete my first "big" item on any champ (BT in this case). That 1650 gold for a BF sword is around 70 cs by itself (though don't forget you can sell a doran's too. If it's the difference between going back to lane with or without that BT, sell the doran's).

Blizzard

Banned

I hardly ever play riven anymore, and probably don't even remember how. But, yes, I seem to recall getting destroyed by a pantheon even though the shield doesn't block the abillities. Anyone with a stun or silence is probably really annoying against riven.

In general though, lots of AD is good on her since the shield scales on AD, even though you can get nailed anyway if smart people wait the 2-3 seconds for the shield to run out. If you get too many defensive items then you may find yourself soaking a bit of damage, but not being able to deal damage and not being able to do anything except stun people for half a second (or less)...not a very good tank. Guardian's angel is good for armor, and Maw should be good for magic resist.

I would try for frozen mallet if you need HP, rather than warmogs.

garath

Do I have to???

Or is playing ranked while not being 30 a death wish?

Yeah, you have to get to 30 to play ranked. You can do Normal Drafts before 30 I believe though. It's more competitive and helps you get familiar with the draft pick style.

edit: Even after you get 30, jumping straight into ranked probably isn't the best idea. The recommendation is to play a bunch of normal drafts. I still haven't played a ranked game personally. I've had too many losing streaks and I have an annoying habit of trying to pick up brand new champs and ignoring the ones I'm good at. :)

EXGN

Anyone watch the TSM invitationals yesterday? Nice to see Curse trying some new/non-standard things like Mundo top lane and Fiddlesticks support.

I've always been a big fan of support Fiddle, 3 second fear is a ridiculous CC. Sucks late game, but for early team fights he has a lot of CC and damage and the -10 MR would be great in double AP comps.

scy

Erm, bait spears and shield them off? Panth goes out of mana easily and he can't win a direct trade if he couldn't harass you down some. You outscale Pantheon so the early levels are rougher but it should be in your favor start to finish.

Boots x3 (if not needed for an invade / counterinvade, recall around 1:28 to grab an extra pot if you expect to trade a lot in lane). First back around 1000 gold for 2x Doran's, 1-2x Wards (X pots) and then BF Sword around the 15m mark. This will depend on how well you cs, however, so I'd work on that. 10 cs/minute etc. etc, 120-130 should be fairly easy for the 15m mark unless you're being ganked a lot (or forced to be passive).

I'd probably never get Warmog's. Your survival is the AD scaling on your Shield (and the damage you deal) so Frozen Mallet is the better HP item. That said, I wouldn't build FM all that often either as you can get better survivability through other means (e.g., Randuin's) and the proc isn't super necessary for Riven. Basically:

Boots2, BT, GA, situational things (e.g., LW for Damage, Maw for anti-AP, Randuin's for anti-AD). If you're vs AP in lane, Hexdrinker (but not Maw) before BT.

Also of note, I'm a fan of 19/11 for Riven. The extra -2 damage/hit really helps for low level trades by reducing minion damage and also makes freezing lane easier on you. Executioner is good but you have a good ranged execute as is and any damage dealt in the trigger range should be a kill for you regardless.

Blizzard

Banned
Erm, bait spears and shield them off? Panth goes out of mana easily and he can't win a direct trade if he couldn't harass you down some. You outscale Pantheon so the early levels are rougher but it should be in your favor start to finish.
Smart/decent Pantheon is not going to throw a spear that you can shield, I would say. Either wait until Riven uses the shield and it goes down in a couple of seconds to spear, or don't spear at all and save mana for combos. Due to the double shield, Pantheon should be able to block 2 attacks per trade if it works properly.

Stole baron by shurelias and gungho running in against a 5 man team as Alistar with a basic attack and survived, no smite. Probably my most crowning achievement in league so far.

scy

Smart/decent Pantheon is not going to throw a spear that you can shield, I would say.

Then you play smarter and force him to use his spear or get traded on. You can E -> W -> Auto -> Q out indefinitely if he won't pressure you. He needs to spend mana to harass you or he does nothing in the lane which gives you the farm. It's like fighting a Malphite in lane. You have to force him to use mana to try and keep you from csing but the lane is yours once he's out of mana, AD vs Malphite matching otherwise be damned.

Beyond that, don't die early. Level E before W since you won't be trading hard but trying to outlast him in lane. Don't die to a gank since Pantheon/Jungler ganks are brutal. If the lane goes even, you'll outscale him and ultimately win. It isn't a free win by any means but it's about an average match up that gets better and better for you as time goes by.

Ferrio

Banned

Oh i won the matchup, it's just a pain. His shield negates my early damage, and he wasn't running out of mana. Just waited till I outscaled him... hell that whole team of there's was "wait until you outscale them" (zilean, panth, cho).

And as warmogs for riven... ya don't unless you find yourself in some big heaps of cash you don't know what to do with. That guide seems pretty solid. I'm a fan of a early brutalizer too, helps with snowballing greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom