• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have been giving Lux a shot, and she's just as fun as Ashe, but I have to remind myself to shift gears when I use her, because it seems she's more about being a champion killer what with the double bind and Final Spark.
Lux kinda changes roles during the game, from burst one-combo-kills-anyone in early-to-mid (almost no one can survive your Q+AA+E+R+Ignite) to mostly being a utility/support champ in late game that deals sustained damage, throwing shields, snares and slows to help your team escape and secure kills, and using your slow and ult to whittle down clusters of enemy champions.

You should have in mind that the best usage for your ult is to fire it at the whole enemy team when they're bundled together, not against a single running champion. It's got a pretty low cooldown if you build CDR, so use it whenever you can to kill a lot of minions at once, to steal buffs and to fuck their whole team up.

Lux's awesome :3

edit: she's kinda punishing if you don't land your skillshots, but you live and you learn :)

Icathian Surprise!

league_of_legends_kog__maw_in_the_flower_basket_by_mizoreame-d5bvfro.jpg

if I'm on solo lane, I'd like to be pushing forward more than pulling back. She has R and Q for that, and E to help out against enemy jungling.

Tristana is in a similar role, but she can push harder and has two escapes in case the jungler comes.

That feeling when you lose on your Lv12 smurf...

... then you just console yourself by saying Soraka had 10 deaths by 15 mins, and he and another guy were spanish dudes who were just going jajajajajaja the whole match. =(

Ken

Rengar's skin is terrible.

BTW how do you fight Sion? He's one of those champions I don't see often but when I do he's always wrecking people while on the other team.

bjaelke

BTW how do you fight Sion? He's one of those champions I don't see often but when I do he's always wrecking people while on the other team.

AP Sion? Burst down his shield and zone him.
AD Sion? Laugh at him and zone him.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ugh, lost 5 matches in a row, even when playing alright and against shitty teams. I should stop playing with randoms altogether...

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ugh, lost 5 matches in a row, even when playing alright and against shitty teams. I should stop playing with randoms altogether...

Avoid them. At least with gaf inhouse if you're on mumble or people actually coordinate we tend to have good comebacks.

Randoms in this genre teach you bad habits that tend to screw you up up in higher level matches.

Q8D3vil

ignite him when he does his ultimate or what for it to run out.
he is the same as tryndamere, let him feed and he became a monster if you cant kite him but he get owned super hard in lane if you know how to abuse his shitty mobility.

Ferga

Go late game, break his shield with a few auto attacks and watch him run around helplessly as he waits for cooldowns.

That or he suicides by auto attacking.

Main reason why I don't play sion anymore

Margalis

Banned
To beat AP Sion you basically have to not lose early game and wait until he becomes a team fight liability.

It can be pretty hard to deal with him during the laning phase, however in teamfights he doesn't have much of a role other than running in and using his shield once. During laning you just want to avoid him quickly clearing waves, then running into other lanes, getting ganks, and putting your team hopelessly behind.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I love when the whole team decides to camp a bush. Playing normals with friends, we usually run an AOE composition. Thanks for the free ace!

Wrekt

Really though, I just play a lot of it because it was faster and I have a group of like 10-15 people I've met through Dominion games. The people I met through SR just aren't ... well, good.

Dominion is just easier to play so you don't notice the bads as much. It's pretty hard to look like an idiot when you don't have to worry about last hits, pushing, jungling or map awareness.

garath

That feel when the last pick is supposed to take support and locks in Lee Sin.

Or Olaf with smite.

I complained about this in GAF channel last night a bit lol. I played 2 games in a row where I was last pick and manned up and chose support. Then I'm finally not last pick and the last pick guy keeps calling roles and watching them get taken. When it gets to him he says "forget this, I'm not playing support". And locks in Olaf with smite.

Worst part is no one dodged, so I manned up and did that too. Jerks.

scy

Dominion is just easier to play so you don't notice the bads as much. It's pretty hard to look like an idiot when you don't have to worry about last hits, pushing, jungling or map awareness.

Map Awareness is pretty high in Dominion. It's a lot of teamfight fundamentals as well. But, that's basically it: Map awareness and team fights. And if you're not killing minions, you're not doing Dominion right.

Edit: Though I do agree it's an overall simpler game. It's basically what I was complaining about all last night as my last hitting went to shit after a month of no SR :| Was having trouble pushing 150cs/20m and was making dumb laning mistakes. It was a depressing series of games.

Map Awareness is pretty high in Dominion. It's a lot of teamfight fundamentals as well. But, that's basically it: Map awareness and team fights. And if you're not killing minions, you're not doing Dominion right.

I always chuckle when I amass a wave big enough to overwhelm their tower.

FREE CAPTURE POINT

scy

I always chuckle when I amass a wave big enough to overwhelm their tower.

FREE CAPTURE POINT

minions op

Edit: Seriously though, pushing waves in Dominion is pretty damn important. It's the easiest way to win, not this hyper aggressive "GUYS CAP FOURTH POINT" play that gets seen a lot or jungle pursuits. Kill minions and push lanes. Free pressure and it buys time.

minions op

Edit: Seriously though, pushing waves in Dominion is pretty damn important. It's the easiest way to win, not this hyper aggressive "GUYS CAP FOURTH POINT" play that gets seen a lot or jungle pursuits. Kill minions and push lanes. Free pressure and it buys time.

Not to mention that one wave is 120 gold while one champion is worth 100.

scy

Not to mention that one wave is 120 gold while one champion is worth 100.

Yup. It's great when you have easy wave clear too. I've had a lot of 180-200cs Dominion games which makes it so easy to get an advantage. Which is sad, now that I think about it ... I've cs'd better in Dominion than my recent SR games. :|

Though, 50-100, depending on the length of the game, is more the norm. Sadly, a lot of players end games with 0-20. If that.

Edit: Though I do agree it's an overall simpler game. It's basically what I was complaining about all last night as my last hitting went to shit after a month of no SR :| Was having trouble pushing 150cs/20m and was making dumb laning mistakes. It was a depressing series of games.

So many simple points yet people even at 17-1800 ELO don't even get this.

EXGN

I wouldn't say that's bad CS lol. I bet 150 CS in 20 minutes is enough to go at least even in 80 percent of games.

Speaking of bad CS, I played jungle Mundo for the first time yesterday. My AD carry Draven had 60 CS at the 20 minute mark and only a Doran's Blade + boots. That was not a fun game.

scy

I wouldn't say that's bad CS lol. I bet 150 CS in 20 minutes is enough to go at least even in 80 percent of games.

Speaking of bad CS, I played jungle Mundo for the first time yesterday. My AD carry Draven had 60 CS at the 20 minute mark and only a Doran's Blade + boots. That was not a fun game.

One of the things I spent the first week or so of playing was getting myself to 180-200cs consistently for the 20m mark. I'm pretty hard on myself for things like this :x

forever tryhard etc

garath

Faced off against the new garen last night as Riven. Ouch. He hurts. Didn't help that he had a lot of jungle support too. I can safely say he won the lane. Didn't win the game though. Tanky Riven was perfect for our team comp and they spent so much time trying to shut me down that our Ezreal got super fed.

I'll take that win.

Wrekt

And if you're not killing minions, you're not doing Dominion right.

Wave clearing and last hitting are two different things in my book. I think Dominion is terrible so I'm not up to date on the current strats, but I can't see a time when you'd want to freeze the lane and just last hit outside your tower.

Just had a really funny game; picks were all over the place and my teammates were only speaking chinese so I had no idea who was laning where. I picked Kog because I thought we needed an AD carry, but turns out Jayce was going to do that, so I ended up mid as AP kogmaw (never played AP kog before) because we needed magic damage but I still had AD runes. Soooo hybrid Kog gogo. Ended up with like gunblade and archangel's, it was super weird, but we still won and I ended up 8/3. Got a hilarious double kill from one max range R on a couple of low champions who thought they had escaped and were standing right next to each other.

I was like "I have no idea what I am doing" the whole game.

scy

Wave clearing and last hitting are two different things in my book. I think Dominion is terrible so I'm not up to date on the current strats, but I can't see a time when you'd want to freeze the lane and just last hit outside your tower.

That's true, they are. They're basically the opposite. One is to push the lane and the other is to keep it relatively neutral. I was just noting that killing minions is a fairly big part of Dominion. Probably the most important thing besides capping points and knowing how/when to engage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom