• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

So I really want to play some ranked before Season 2 ends and at least see where I stand in the wide world of ELO rankings. My biggest problem right now is I keep trying new champions and liking them. However, I think I'll buckle down and stick to the ones I feel strongest with:

- Riven
- Vlad
- Lee Sin (probably my weakest of the bunch, but I win with him so it's all good)
- Kassadin
- Diana
- Ahri
- Brand
- Ezreal
- MF
- Graves
- Nocturne

Should be a solid lineup for ranked. I'll spend the next couple weeks getting reacquainted with some of them then start it up. Should be fun and frustrating. :)

garath

That list is huge.

It's at least 2 for every role assuming bans and other team's picks. It's part of why I have so many swings. I keep playing new champs lol.

If I could choose my champ every time it'd be:

Vlad, Diana, Kassadin, Riven, Lee Sin. Top or Mid.

Boken

Banned
Volibear surprisingly absent from that list

You're obsessed. You don't deserve Janna anymore.

Possess the obsession. Volibear avatar.
tR5sI.png

This post is dedicated to bind's unhealthy obsession to volibear.

Bind after somebody insults volibear:
volibear_chibi_by_caulo-d4yeqd6.png

How bind feels about volibear:
3682_e3fe_500.jpeg
5161_cdda_500.jpeg

volibear_has_fish_by_kelpieselkie-d56jqtt.jpg

How he wishes volibear was like:
2128004-volibear_by_jollyrawrger_d4nrflk.jpg
volibear_pwns_by_derangeduckie-d4pxmsb.jpg

What volibear actually does in game:
tumblr_m6102eYQPy1rycpolo1_400.gif
league_of_legends___volibear_by_dcheeky_angel-d4iw1mo.png

garath

Next week's free champs:
*Annie
*Kassadin
*Diana
*Singed
*Galio
*Nunu
*Miss Fortune
*Xin zhao
*Janna
*Twisted Fate

Oh god. Diana. On the bright side, I look forward to many Diana's diving in without realizing they have no escapes and quite how squishy they really are.

scy

So I really want to play some ranked before Season 2 ends and at least see where I stand in the wide world of ELO rankings. My biggest problem right now is I keep trying new champions and liking them.

I really need to get on this as well :/ Hopefully I can get a solid month or so of ranked grindan before the end of the season. Want to at least start Season 3 with that kind of momentum.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm just going to start clean season 3. I jumped into season 2 not long after getting 30, so I made some horrible mistakes.

EXGN

I'm just going to start clean season 3. I jumped into season 2 not long after getting 30, so I made some horrible mistakes.

Haha, I had that same mindset. You're always improving, so you'll always look back and see you made "mistakes." I remember during season 2, I looked back at S1 and thought "Man, I just always autolocked Singed, I was such a noob then." Now I'm looking back at some early S2 games and noticing things like awful CS counts or not building to counter my lane opponent. Still making mistakes, but always hoping to get better!

Blizzard

Banned
I expect to see more Rengar jungling than top lane, but maybe that's just me. I figure you have a champion with huge burst damage and invisibility, might as well use it to do ganks instead of tying them in a lane where everyone can see them.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh fuck rengar.... he's out tomorrow isn't he? Did they tone his ass down?
I think they made his item cheaper but downgraded some of its abilities (like removing the max snowball effect of instant 5 rage stacks active, and possibly getting rid of the armor penetration effect tha thad been at some lower level). I don't know if they nerfed anything else.

scy

I expect to see more Rengar jungling than top lane, but maybe that's just me. I figure you have a champion with huge burst damage and invisibility, might as well use it to do ganks instead of tying them in a lane where everyone can see them.

It'll depend on his stats overall. His passive doesn't kick in that often for most gank approaches (pre-6) where it can be used in lane as a means of zoning. Then again, it's also his gap close so he's rather predictable in lane if you have a good gauge of distance for pre-6.

He also makes more sense flavor-wise as a Jungler than a top laner. I need more Junglers I like :/

zkylon

zkylewd
Boots x3 (if not needed for an invade / counterinvade, recall around 1:28 to grab an extra pot if you expect to trade a lot in lane). First back around 1000 gold for 2x Doran's, 1-2x Wards (X pots) and then BF Sword around the 15m mark. This will depend on how well you cs, however, so I'd work on that. 10 cs/minute etc. etc, 120-130 should be fairly easy for the 15m mark unless you're being ganked a lot (or forced to be passive).
For now, I'm doing pretty bad on CSing. Not having AD runes kinda makes it difficult early on.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just played with a braindead team. A lee sin that only jungled and never ganked unless we asked for one. A trist that jumped into a pointblank enemy so she couldn't escape. And a jarvan that misses the cc comb. holy shit....

Ferrio

Banned
Just played with a braindead team. A lee sin that only jungled and never ganked unless we asked for one. A trist that jumped into a pointblank enemy so she couldn't escape. And a jarvan that misses the cc comb. holy shit....

Heh, I love trist's like that.

IsayFever

Inform them of their status of "Sniveling Cubs" and proceed to the next game where you inform your team that the storm follows in your wake and carry hard.

I would prefer my junglers to be less high burst and rather be more CC oriented and have abilities that allow a good clear time. The high burst is nice of course but I want my ADC to be able to take the kill more often than not so they can get fed. There are obviously some moments where you want to take the kill to prevent the adc from dieing and getting an assist at least instead of having them get a kill and die. In those moments the burst is better but overall I want more CC.
That being said I do like Rengar's CC, so I'm not sure whether I will be jungling him.

Ken

I would prefer my junglers to be less high burst and rather be more CC oriented and have abilities that allow a good clear time. The high burst is nice of course but I want my ADC to be able to take the kill more often than not so they can get fed. There are obviously some moments where you want to take the kill to prevent the adc from dieing and getting an assist at least instead of having them get a kill and die. In those moments the burst is better but overall I want more CC.
That being said I do like Rengar's CC, so I'm not sure whether I will be jungling him.

Yeah but Blizzard can't finish kills.

scy

I still need to get around to playing with GAF T.T

I wish there was a cheat sheet of GAF usernames to LoL usernames in the OP. I've played with a bunch of GAF'ers before but no clue what their GAF name is.

scy46, and I just realized that I was supposed to add you forever ago and never did ...

scy

Geez just join the channel there's like 30+ of us in there.

Well, yeah, I've seen the channel since I've remembered to check it like once or twice. It's more that I have a normal premade I run with so I just never got around to playing with GAF yet. But that's also caused me to basically play nothing but Dominion for awhile :/

Ken

Well, yeah, I've seen the channel since I've remembered to check it like once or twice. It's more that I have a normal premade I run with so I just never got around to playing with GAF yet. But that's also caused me to basically play nothing but Dominion for awhile :/

More like Dumbinion.

mercviper

I'll add you if I remember. Also, if you click the settings gear in the channel window once you create it you can set it to auto-join on startup.

scy

More like Dumbinion.

:( I'm quite happy with my 2k+ Dominion elo! Really though, I just play a lot of it because it was faster and I have a group of like 10-15 people I've met through Dominion games. The people I met through SR just aren't ... well, good.

I'll add you if I remember. Also, if you click the settings gear in the channel window once you create it you can set it to auto-join on startup.

Oh I know about that. I just figured I'd remember it the next time I checked the chat. And then forgot to check again.

IronLich

I started playing this game last week, and am really starting to enjoy Ashe, so I come here looking to see if anyone has similar characters in mind because I heard she's not really the best choice at endgame.

I like being on crowd control with Ashe's W, but if necessary, if I'm on solo lane, I'd like to be pushing forward more than pulling back. She has R and Q for that, and E to help out against enemy jungling. So I think she's a great fit, but I'm always willing to expand my horizon, what with 100 characters to choose from.

I have been giving Lux a shot, and she's just as fun as Ashe, but I have to remind myself to shift gears when I use her, because it seems she's more about being a champion killer what with the double bind and Final Spark.

scy

Edit: Neat, check streams and scarra is on and about to play new Katarina. Dodged, am sad.

I started playing this game last week, and am really starting to enjoy Ashe, so I come here looking to see if anyone has similar characters in mind because I heard she's not really the best choice at endgame.

I like being on crowd control with Ashe's W, but if necessary, if I'm on solo lane, I'd like to be pushing forward more than pulling back. She has R and Q for that, and E to help out against enemy jungling. So I think she's a great fit, but I'm always willing to expand my horizon, what with 100 characters to choose from.

I'd suggest trying basically all the champions at some point but do note that a lot roles aren't played properly at lower summoner levels. For instance, you shouldn't be pushing your lane up. You want it to sit relatively neutral (if anything, you want to be pushed back slightly) and only attack minions to get the last hit. Unfortunately, pretty much every player until Level 30 (and even then...) will just keep attacking minions :(

Ezreal, Graves, Corki are all good at the same role as Ashe. Morgana is a solid and relatively easy to use caster. Twisted Fate is good too but his W (and global presence with his ult) takes a little getting used to.

Edit: TF and Morgana are also cheap champs, IP wise, so that's easy to use. The upcoming free week has Miss Fortune (AD Carry), Janna (Support / AP), and Twisted Fate (AP Mid) as fairly solid champs to try out. Diana is good too but I wager a lot of people will be trying to play her. Nunu is a good Jungler but it's hard to do that good in that role without runes and at low summoner levels anyway.

Of the other low IP cost champs, Kayle is a solid pick as well.

Blizzard

Banned
Why do I yo-yo in matchmaking? I get a 5 game winning streak, and then i get a 5 game losing one...
Probably because it's a team-based game, and chances of having reliable teammates are probably rare even if you play with friends regularly. And then, there are like 100 champions so it's a big mixup who's going to do well regardless. And one or two people will be lagging out or not paying attention. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom