• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Haven't gotten to play him much since other players lock him in too quick. But I have to say I love jumping out of the bush onto minions. It's like all of a sudden this big beast just pounces on this little creature and instakills it.

Rengar is a weird champ, there are lots of instances where I think I should be dead, but then that W just heals for so much, I just jump right back into the fight.

scy

Rengar is a weird champ, there are lots of instances where I think I should be dead, but then that W just heals for so much, I just jump right back into the fight.

I wish that top lane had more magic damage so I could totally justify to myself on getting that Spirit Visage for his W sustain.

Wow I was playing League yesterday and discovered the most undercover op item. I'm surprised they haven't nerfed it yet by increasing it's cost. Not surprising though since most people never purchase it so they can save up for bigger items. It's one of the few items I ever buy more than 1 of(the other being doran's blade). I think I picked up roughly 25 assists during a game yesterday while using it.

Green Wards
too OP bro

garath

Wow I was playing League yesterday and discovered the most undercover op item. I'm surprised they haven't nerfed it yet by increasing it's cost. Not surprising though since most people never purchase it so they can save up for bigger items. It's one of the few items I ever buy more than 1 of(the other being doran's blade). I think I picked up roughly 25 assists during a game yesterday while using it.

Green Wards
too OP bro

My last Riven game I must have bought 25+ wards. I swear I was the only one buying them. But we ended up winning despite being really behind after 20 min. I fully agree with your statement. Wards OP.

Q8D3vil

rengar is definitely tier 2 jungler, his clear speed is bad and his passive doesnt help him that much with ganks (level 6 ganks are decent though).

i'd say he is a much better top laner since he can jump harass with q w then escape and use E to slow.

Koomaster

I wish that top lane had more magic damage so I could totally justify to myself on getting that Spirit Visage for his W sustain.
I've always gotten it the few times I have played Rengar. I think it's a good investment; so much heal. Add in some CDR items and it's sustain Rengar. I am probably playing him all wrong tho, lol.

But it seems top lane gets into a lot of pissing matches with people just standing and hitting each other. Whoever wins has like no health left. To suddenly be able to pull out a heal it's like - 'Oh, you thought I was finished? Nope, just healed myself... op, there I go again. Are you even hitting me; my health seems to be going up all the time... ah, I see you are dead.'

Garen's new Q... damn I did a 600 crit. Me and Darius vs Sion and Cho... it was a pretty easy lane, on top of Cho doing a joke build. I really want to have a match drag long enough so I can get Merc, Randuin, Mallet, Atma, IE and Maw. I wanna see a crit spin to win. I LOVE the damage buff against minions. It makes farming significantly faster.

My lag spiking almost cost us the game though. =(

wcqM7.jpg

scy

i'd say he is a much better top laner since he can jump harass with q w then escape and use E to slow.

Maybe when builds solidify for him then things will come together more. Right now, however, it's too obvious that Rengar is going to setup a passive harass so it is not that difficult to predict. And it's not even that effective to begin with. And it basically is more him zoning himself to try to apply pressure than anything else.

Granted, I haven't tried him myself in top and I've only faced bad Rengars with Riven. On paper, he should be a decent laner. E slow helps (and is ranged harass), Emp W sustains, and Q lets him pressure off a single auto. So far, however, it's been too easy to out pressure him and force him out of lane even with jungle presence to back him up (y u camp me Shyvana).

I've always gotten it the few times I have played Rengar. I think it's a good investment; so much heal. Add in some CDR items and it's sustain Rengar. I am probably playing him all wrong tho, lol.

But it seems top lane gets into a lot of pissing matches with people just standing and hitting each other. Whoever wins has like no health left. To suddenly be able to pull out a heal it's like - 'Oh, you thought I was finished? Nope, just healed myself... op, there I go again. Are you even hitting me; my health seems to be going up all the time... ah, I see you are dead.'

I kind of want to try him as a CDR champ (Brutalizer, Spirit Visage) to try and get his Ferocity maxed out as often as possible. Less "5 Ferocity, Emp Q all-in burst time" and more of a "5 Ferocity, Emp E harass, rinse, repeat" style.

Koomaster

I kind of want to try him as a CDR champ (Brutalizer, Spirit Visage) to try and get his Ferocity maxed out as often as possible. Less "5 Ferocity, Emp Q all-in burst time" and more of a "5 Ferocity, Emp E harass, rinse, repeat" style.
That's another item I get, brutalizer. Don't think I have bought it for any other champ except Rengar.

Ferrio

Banned
rengar is definitely tier 2 jungler, his clear speed is bad and his passive doesnt help him that much with ganks (level 6 ganks are decent though).

Seems to be a trend here. Riot creates jungler, turns out way better as a laner.

That's another item I get, brutalizer. Don't think I have bought it for any other champ except Rengar.

It's a great item on any early damage AD that snowballs. Riven, Fiora, Panth (well he doesn't snowball) to name a few.

Diana is really strong. My first game with her and I was tearing champs apart. Her ult is a ridiculously good gap-closer.

Disclaimer: It was Dominion

liezryou

Anything other then jungle, rengar is worthless. Anything other then tank build, rengar is worthless.

And even if hes not worthless, he is still subpar.

Ferrio

Banned
First game against a rengar jungle he got destroyed.

Of course I was alistar jungle... why they didn't ban him.. I don't know. Hell it got to the 5 person picking before I chose him.

garath

Diana OP?

H9sAq.jpg

To be fair, my team was playing really well. But that poor Lux didn't know what hit her. I pushed her out of the lane and then kept pushing wave after wave and following her when she tried to gank. Movespeed runes + masteries for the win. She also didn't build a lick of MR while my first item was the abyssal.

Ferrio

Banned
Think one of the valid companies is she pushes way too well, don't know how the hell you're suppose to fix that though. More mana costs for her Q, maybe tone it down a bit... but then you make her jungle even worse.

Maybe up her passive some more to compensate.

zkylon

zkylewd
Diana OP?

H9sAq.jpg

To be fair, my team was playing really well. But that poor Lux didn't know what hit her. I pushed her out of the lane and then kept pushing wave after wave and following her when she tried to gank. Movespeed runes + masteries for the win. She also didn't build a lick of MR while my first item was the abyssal.
Lux with Ionian's is already clueless :p

Q8D3vil

First game against a rengar jungle he got destroyed.

Of course I was alistar jungle... why they didn't ban him.. I don't know. Hell it got to the 5 person picking before I chose him.

jungle alistar isnt good without team coordination. if you played against good counter jungler like shyv or udyr they will wreck you easy if your mates didnt back you up.

he is like urgot, good in the highest level of play but meh in solo or normal with strangers.

scy

jungle alistar isnt good without team coordination. if you played against good counter jungler like shyv or udyr they will wreck you easy if your mates didnt back you up.

he is like urgot, good in the highest level of play but meh in solo or normal with strangers.

Headbutt carries away from ults.

Thanks Alistar!

Champs on my team with knockbacks make me sad.

Ferrio

Banned

Well, if the elo system is to be believed both teams are about even in skill. So there's about as much chance as someone counter jungling me as my team coordinating against a counter jungle.

Diana's mana cost for her Q is flat. That can be nerfed.

Also, increase the CD on her ult.

And lower her passive.

1. Mana would effect her jungle greatly. She goes OOM quickly, only reason she doesn't in lane is cause of blue buff. Like I said, if you upped her mana cost, you're going to have to buff her passive or her jungling ability is going to go down the toliet (it's already not that great IMO).
3. No reason to nerf her passive. Her passive isn't why she wreckes people in lane, not in the slightest. The numbers on the passive just cause people to kneejerk react.

Think one of the valid companies is she pushes way too well, don't know how the hell you're suppose to fix that though. More mana costs for her Q, maybe tone it down a bit... but then you make her jungle even worse.

Maybe up her passive some more to compensate.

they should make the damage on her q scale with the distance, that way her jungle is un effected but her lane puushing suffers a little.

Avinexus

And lower her passive.

Doesn't her ult have no CD if you use it when the other champ is afflicted with Moonlight? Increasing that wouldn't do much, people who use it correctly won't have a CD anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Well whatever, I may as well be crazy but...

ivU50L3Ty5cOC.png

OOOOOOOOOO YEA FEELS GOOD

Blizzard

Banned

That's the Volibear effect. Volibear with Heal for extra trolling can probably catch people really off guard if they aren't paying attention.

Blizzard

Banned
Anything other then jungle, rengar is worthless. Anything other then tank build, rengar is worthless.

And even if hes not worthless, he is still subpar.
That one picture with like 16-19 deaths on Rengar is crazy. I'm still not sure I've ever gotten more than 11-12 deaths in a non-ARAM game after playing like...800-1200 games or whatever. People getting to 15-20 are sort of impressive. :p

garath

And lower her passive.

lower CD on ult wouldn't do much.. most of the time I land the ult after Q. It'd have to be raise cooldown on the Q to really nerf her. Mana costs are already pretty high.

edit: oops, didn't mean to double post.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm trying to make up my mind about Lich Bane on Lux. I kinda hate Lux's passive, since it makes you give up your biggest asset by losing your range advantage to get into AA distance, so I usually don't build it, but I dunno, if that many people use it, it might be for something.

edit: whoops, dp

Ferrio

Banned
I'm trying to make up my mind about Lich Bane on Lux. I kinda hate Lux's passive, since it makes you give up your biggest asset by losing your range advantage to get into AA distance, so I usually don't build it, but I dunno, if that many people use it, it might be for something.

edit: whoops, dp

Lichbane on lux is a no no IMO.

Blizzard

Banned
Lux's passive might be annoying, but I think the idea is that her snare lasts so long when leveled up that you would have a chance to autoattack and ult without someone killing you due to being in autoattack range.

I don't know if lichbane would be worth it, however.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, at least I'm not alone in my thinking. My Lux build is Sorc's Boots, Athene's Unholy Grail, Rab's + blue elixir. Most of the matches don't go longer than that, but if it does I may build Morello's or Zhonya's, though I feel both items are not all that good on Lux. Morello wastes my money on extra mana regen I don't need after Athene's and its active has too short a range, and Zhonya's I feel is better suited to champs that get in the mud like Morgana.

And yeah, Diana's OP. I still hold that Darius is OP too, but no one will listen :(

GAF. GAF.

What the fuck do I do about this?

ZiAau.jpg

SouthernDragon (9:28): I've won games like that
SouthernDragon (9:28): What it doesn't show is that entire textures are gone.
SouthernDragon (9:28): Champions are black outlines
scy46 (9:28): Worst I had for dom was that I couldn't see the status of any of the points T.T
SouthernDragon (9:28): Spell effects are all black
scy46 (9:28): pro mode
SouthernDragon (9:28): If a champion has a huge spell, half of the screen is gone from me
SouthernDragon (9:29): But this time the FPS dropped to 4
SouthernDragon (9:29): And when I tabbed out to save the screenshot, the client crashed
SouthernDragon (9:29): Who do I complain to?

Ferrio

Banned
Well, at least I'm not alone in my thinking. My Lux build is Sorc's Boots, Athene's Unholy Grail, Rab's + blue elixir. Most of the matches don't go longer than that, but if it does I may build Morello's or Zhonya's, though I feel both items are not all that good on Lux. Morello wastes my money on extra mana regen I don't need after Athene's and its active has too short a range, and Zhonya's I feel is better suited to champs that get in the mud like Morgana.

And yeah, Diana's OP. I still hold that Darius is OP too, but no one will listen :(

get a Deathgrasp if you want some more CDR.

scy

I still hold that Darius is OP too, but no one will listen :(

Darius is the perfect example of a champ to harass out of lane. He's terrible if you can just constantly harass him or get jungler support up top. Straight 1v1 engages almost always go in his favor though.

Blizzard

Banned
SouthernDragon, I assume you've tried the normal stuff of running Spybot S&D, and/or a virus scan, etc. on your system? The number of problems you are having even after a reinstall are really weird. You might just be unlucky but yeah. :/

zkylon

zkylewd
GAF. GAF.

What the fuck do I do about this?

http://i.imgur.com/ZiAau.jpg

SouthernDragon (9:28): I've won games like that
SouthernDragon (9:28): What it doesn't show is that entire textures are gone.
SouthernDragon (9:28): Champions are black outlines
scy46 (9:28): Worst I had for dom was that I couldn't see the status of any of the points T.T
SouthernDragon (9:28): Spell effects are all black
scy46 (9:28): pro mode
SouthernDragon (9:28): If a champion has a huge spell, half of the screen is gone from me
SouthernDragon (9:29): But this time the FPS dropped to 4
SouthernDragon (9:29): And when I tabbed out to save the screenshot, the client crashed
SouthernDragon (9:29): Who do I complain to?
Reinstall drivers/DirectX/LoL (in that order)?

get a Deathgrasp if you want some more CDR.
Yeah, it's probably better than Morello's and probably still gets me those 24 second lasers. Ideally, I don't buy the extra CDR item and just get blue buff, but it's not as reliable.

Darius is the perfect example of a champ to harass out of lane. He's terrible if you can just constantly harass him or get jungler support up top. Straight 1v1 engages almost always go in his favor though.
Yeah, whenever the guy ran support on bot I would own the lane with Sona, but top I either have Malph who can harass himself out of mana pretty quickly, or Kayle and Riven, but I'm terrible at both of them :/

Ken

Lost 2 ranked games in a row because we had someone quit in the middle of it. GRRRRRRRRRRREAT.

Hit 1200; everything becomes stupid like picking Fiora into Malphite.

Oh good. Call mid and first pick decides they don't want top anymore and chooses mid. Shoot me now. @_@

P3RF3C7 PRINC3SS: you're support
P3RF3C7 PRINC3SS: i told you
P3RF3C7 PRINC3SS: you're last

Yup. Everyone became stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom