• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
AP teemo is probably one of my favorite characters in the game. You can't help but giggle maniacally as you litter the whole map with shrooms.

EXGN

That is the worst part of playing any healing support. Having your laning partner go 'all in' multiple times in quick succession. Sorry I can't heal you to full every 2 seconds, perhaps you shouldn't go maverick and tower dive 2 champs at once with only 50HP left. But yeah, totally my fault; I can see how you came to that conclusion.

/rant

God, this. SORAKA Y U NO HEAL!?

Blizzard

Banned
If I recall correctly, Soraka's heal used to be on a shorter cooldown, but Riot nerfed it once or twice since they hate supports and healing. :p

Achtius

Got trolled. Free champ, can't trade.

trolled.png

mercviper

Got trolled. Free champ, can't trade.

trolled.png

I get this randomly when I queue normals. I'm not able to select free champs I don't own. Sucks major balls. Don't know how to repro it 100% either so I can't send in a bug report, and don't really know of a solution.

Edit: Holy shit that graves. AAing to heal tower hits gg.

Blizzard

Banned
I was just looking at stats from lolking.net, and apparently Ezreal has been in over 60% of the last 46000 or so games at the platinum level, in the last month, taking into account all regions. That's a lot of Ezreal.

Blizzard

Banned
why cant the same happen to chogath, he have to god damn legendaries :(

ezrael was very popular in Korea before PFE, right ?
I'm not sure. It looked like Graves, Taric, and Ezreal were the most popular, with the order changing as you went up in ELO. Ezreal only beat out Taric and Graves at the platinum level.

mercviper

Life stealing minions to heal damage from tower was amazing but Caitlyn could've just shot Graves in the brush with her Q.

I thought it was smart of graves to run out of the brush while cait lost vision to throw off the potential Q and then reposition back in the brush.

Blizzard

Banned
I figured I'd try returning to ranked. Season 3 is coming up and all that!

The return was not very good. On my second game two duo queue smurfers got mad because someone went top, and intentionally fed all game -- one of them semi-fed, and the other went all out mobility boots, straight up the middle/each lane, suggesting they be allowed a kill to feed more gold, bragging about having more smurfs and having gotten the account from a friend, etc.

I wish there was a way to at least nullify the 11 ELO loss when you have intentional feeders, especially a duo queue pair of them -- if they had really wanted to grief they could have refused to surrender forever, too.

Blizzard

Banned
The third ranked game was almost a polar opposite to the second. Our highest elo was going singed top, and he had a skin...but apparently one of our lowest two players randomed/got randomed into nasus. And he'd never played nasus before.

So singed volunteered to jungle, ganked and got kills, nasus listened to our build suggestions, and pretty much our whole team ended up dominating. We were like 15 kills to 2 when they surrendered, lol. I mean singed complained the ganking was HARD when he was running in and getting kills, but he was good enough that it worked.

Sometimes the skillshot bug is good.

Earlier today in a game I knocked an Ezreal down to low hps when a wild Darius appeared. He started chasing me so I threw a spear at him and it went right through his chest into Ezreal killing him.

Ken

I figured I'd try returning to ranked. Season 3 is coming up and all that!

The return was not very good. On my second game two duo queue smurfers got mad because someone went top, and intentionally fed all game -- one of them semi-fed, and the other went all out mobility boots, straight up the middle/each lane, suggesting they be allowed a kill to feed more gold, bragging about having more smurfs and having gotten the account from a friend, etc.

I wish there was a way to at least nullify the 11 ELO loss when you have intentional feeders, especially a duo queue pair of them -- if they had really wanted to grief they could have refused to surrender forever, too.

Hey let's play ranked.

Oh wait you only play mid.

Ferrio

Banned
Was about to say the same thing, though I'm more concerned about not getting any invites.

This is the last night I can play LoL for awhile!

EXGN

Haha first time I play with GAF in close to a year and I get three games with drama (ONE OF THEM WAS A FREAKIN' ARAM FOR FUCKS SAKE). Now I remember why I only AFK in chat :p

scy

Haha first time I play with GAF in close to a year and I get three games with drama (ONE OF THEM WAS A FREAKIN' ARAM FOR FUCKS SAKE). Now I remember why I only AFK in chat :p

Just one of them nights.

I know that feel, like my third night of GAF games total and :/

I think you get less drama in dominion since the games are shorter.

Longer the game, more potential for drama since there's a lot riding on consistent performance throughout a potential hour period.

scy

Longer the game, more potential for drama since there's a lot riding on consistent performance throughout a potential hour period.

This is why I like Dominion. If someone is annoying me, I can just deal with it for 10 minutes. Or just ignore them and not feel like it really changed anything for the outcome of the game.

This is why I like Dominion. If someone is annoying me, I can just deal with it for 10 minutes. Or just ignore them and not feel like it really changed anything for the outcome of the game.

Yep.

I am all for new modes. It seems too many people have a hard on for SR though. Like playing dominion is beneath them or something.

EXGN

I would think the same of ARAM, but we played a game of Proving Grounds after our 2nd loss and a Gaffer that played Riven kept spouting shit like "get baited more idiot" and "our Ryze was shit" even though I went like 10/7/15 and Riven went 7/15/14 or something.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Vayne in champions select: "Shen's not OP. I'm on an 11 win streak so don't lose this guys."

You get horrible vayne's wtf. Really a pick axe and bloodthirster as her first two damage items insta fail vs team with smarts and some armor. Seriously boots of swiftness and that setup don't mix.

LCGeek

formerly sane
What would have been a good build starting out?

I think his farm fucked him.

Troll setup with boots of swiftness

IE
Witsend
BV
Last Whisper

Yes it works and gaffers have seen me do this and malady setups on her. For the record I sell a lot of stuff late game once it's past 45 minutes for a hyper carry setup. For 30 mins that will melt a lot especially for teams that have no survival gear and are crappy at grouping or organizing.

On good games with good farm about 23 minutes if you get any kills and the like you can easily make it 16-20. With boots you need that extra speed. Any vayne MS setup will make you give up huge damage for her mobility potential riot no longer lets vayne players have both. Yet a BT doesn't feed in to a crit, as, and ms setup an IE will even BC does that better.

Wolf I don't think BT is shit on her just that particular setup and I know from experience doesn't gel because it just makes you fail with clutch kills. Vayne has garbage as to begin with having no beserker greaves or zeal totally left her without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom