• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Wat.

Cpt. Jack is the best AD carry in the world.

I never said he was bad, just that of the team, he's probably the worst mechanically. And that's pushing it since it's kind of hard to call anyone on that team as the "worst." Like I said, he's still pretty much at least as good as every other AD Carry in the world.

Edit: As an aside, I finally did get to trying Rengar last night. Derped the start of the game hard vs a Jax (random Flashes, random bad harass, pushed up hard) and ... hm. It wasn't as bad as I've been joking about him. Leveling E first gives you some good ranged harass (150 Damage on a 10s cooldown by Level 5) and his W helps in dueling (and/or sustaining harass you take).

It was really fun randomly melting carries in team fights though.

I never said he was bad, just that of the team, he's probably the worst mechanically. And that's pushing it since it's kind of hard to call anyone on that team as the "worst." Like I said, he's still pretty much at least as good as every other AD Carry in the world

Depends on how you define mechanics. Push comes to shove, the only metric you go by is how they stack up against peers. As good as Ambition and Lustboy are, they are not the best at what they do.

Jungle is hard to gage because of the difference in play style

bjaelke

vQ1pX.jpg

WHY

scy

Depends on how you define mechanics. Push comes to shove, the only metric you go by is how they stack up against peers. As good as Ambition and Lustboy are, they are not the best at what they do.

That is true as well. That is why I specified mechanically, really, since we're talking about the micro of the player which is something a lot easier to think of, at least for me, in these kinds of "best/worst across roles" comparisons. And it's still not exactly a fair comparison for the reasons you mention (and because there's a lot more to the game).

The hell are you guys doing?

Time for bailout gifs?!

XeroSauce

Hmm, based on last night it seems AP Nid isn't that great outside of hitting with spears while AD Nid can contribute and not die in 0.5 seconds in teamfights.

AP Nid has killer traps, spears, heals, etc.

AD Nidalee..I mean, why wouldn't you play any other AD over her

IsayFever

AP Nid has killer traps, spears, heals, etc.

AD Nidalee..I mean, why wouldn't you play any other AD over her

AD Nidalee is a top lane bruiser, not an ad carry if that's what you're thinking. She is incredibly good at zoning people out, and split pushing all day

XeroSauce

AD Nidalee is a top lane bruiser, not an ad carry if that's what you're thinking. She is incredibly good at zoning people out, and split pushing all day

Oh, I thought he was talking about her as AD (I recently saw one, hence my confusion)

Yea she's pretty decent as a bruiser and her poke is quite annoying.

Macattk15

Indeed. I had mega trouble vs. an AD Nidalee as Darius up top. She'd just auto attack me out side of my attack range of Decimate ... soon as I started to close in on her she'd back off.

Also ... I tried to apprehend her a few times but she went panther form right as it connected with her and it did not drag her back .... wtf? This happened at least 4 times.

scy

Rex did it. He got stomped early game, mid game he was helping us clean up good.

Yeah, it feels like, if nothing else, Rengar can do well on just blowing up a carry. Two if they for some reason engage near a bush and get jumped on. His laning phase doesn't seem anything special outside of E harass and Emp W sustains, however.

Dunno. I just like the effects on his ult. I want to play him more just to get predator vision.

scy

So if I see a Nidalee ... should I just take another ranged and go top ... say like Kennen or Vlad?

Probably better off with gap closers who can CC her once they get in range. Riven, Renekton, Jax, Irelia (though maybe not low levels), Fiora, etc. all should do fine against her. Vlad can sustain her so he should be fine too.

AD Nidalee does a lot more past lane. She is deceptively tanky and great at picking off and chasing squishies. Her cougar form gives her passive MR and Armor. She is also great for pushing and map control. She is harder to master than most champions though, so you will see a lot of really bad Nidalee's. She was banned pretty often in Pro play until recently.

goddamn the amount of people who think that warding is solely the jungler/supports job is infuriating. I played with this kat who got ganked constantly and still refused to ward, said it was my job as jungle to ward both mid entrances. I hate this fucking community

zkylon

zkylewd
Korean PCBang exclusive feature

also, Syndra's concept art is so much better:

Than the design we got. Underoob > cleavage.
Weirdos

top kayle adc kite like a fucking boss
Yup, I'm also pretty decent at it. My problem with ADCarries are teamfights, I'm just no good at right clicking lol, I have an AP mid mind and am too focused on cooldowns and mana and using skill...

LCGeek

formerly sane
Weirdos

Yup, I'm also pretty decent at it. My problem with ADCarries are teamfights, I'm just no good at right clicking lol, I have an AP mid mind and am too focused on cooldowns and mana and using skill...

Just takes time if you play games like diablo or rts games it can help you adjust to format. You can see in the clutter granted you have the frames just takes a nice big monitor and some paitence.

As for mana and cooldowns that what memorizing times are for. Right clicking isn't easy what we give up and gain has it's price an AP type can do all it's damage at once leave and come back. We have to kite to death, hope our teammates protect, and that we can still escape.

I don't think there is any character class that doesn't rely on skill management each person requires different nuances.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just takes time if you play games like diablo or rts games it can help you adjust to format. You can see in the clutter granted you have the frames just takes a nice big monitor and some paitence.

As for mana and cooldowns that what memorizing times are for. Right clicking isn't easy what we give up and gain has it's price an AP type can do all it's damage at once leave and come back. We have to kite to death, hope our teammates protect, and that we can still escape.

I don't think there is any character class that doesn't rely on skill management each person requires different nuances.
I have to roll back to Ashe and just practice, but it's not a particularly interesting role for me, to be honest. I'd rather learn how to jungle.

Blizzard

Banned
There are so many complaints about teammates/community in the last two or three pages...if people frustrate you, this isn't the game for you. You are probably unlikely to find a group of people who consistently win even if you do premade teams, unless you practice as a team a lot.

If bad teammates frustrate you, why not play a singleplayer game or deathmatch game? Like, Starcraft 2 -- you can move things RTS-style, and not have teammates to worry about, and still play ranked or whatever.

Hero

There are so many complaints about teammates/community in the last two or three pages...if people frustrate you, this isn't the game for you. You are probably unlikely to find a group of people who consistently win even if you do premade teams, unless you practice as a team a lot.

If bad teammates frustrate you, why not play a singleplayer game or deathmatch game? Like, Starcraft 2 -- you can move things RTS-style, and not have teammates to worry about, and still play ranked or whatever.

Because it's easier for some people to play a team game with other people and blame and criticize how they play the game and attribute that to losing than their own mistakes.

Blizzard

Banned
Because it's easier for some people to play a team game with other people and blame and criticize how they play the game and attribute that to losing than their own mistakes.
I was just assuming some people were addicted, but that's an interesting explanation.

Riot could make some 1v1 mode, but obviously that would exclude most champions or come down to pure luck.

EXGN

I was just assuming some people were addicted, but that's an interesting explanation.

Riot could make some 1v1 mode, but obviously that would exclude most champions or come down to pure luck.

I'd be down for some Zilean 1v1s. Or Soraka 1v1s. The stupider, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom