• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Weren't you way over me by now, like 1280 or so? If you're good I assume it's easy to get to 1300 or 1500. I don't know what level silver is though.

Also, what does the tournament code thing do on the custom game screen? I don't remember seeing that.

I was 1322 when I first got my ELO, but then lost it.

LCGeek

formerly sane
PBSucks.jpg

Troll lane always wins.

Support Annie and Vayne cleaned their clocks. As for kayle lets just say someone was on mission and nailed the legendary as quick as you did was fucking awesome.

bjaelke

Gunblade, Leviathan(!) and Randuin's Omen on Froggen's Anivia. I wish I could get away with that in solo queue.

Edit: Now he sold Gunblade and Randuin's to make room for 2 Warmogs.

EXGN

Just played a game where mid Karthus and jungle Xin were arguing who was better and calling each other heavy, etc. They were 1/6 and 1/5, respectively lol. Fortunately, me and my duo ended up clearing house bottom and won it.

scy

DISCLAIMER BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT, yes most every loss may have been my fault for not using proper tactics, making mistakes, not engaging or dying, etc. I'm not saying I'm good, I just thought it was kind of sadly funny to have the highest but lose every time.

Pfffft, my Alistar game at the end was the stuff of legends. Bad ones.

On the plus side, I got to play Rengar for the first time ever (thanks scy) and he's fun even though he dies once he's close to enemies. I got up to max stacks. He must have been really fun in PBE when max stacks had the active instant-5-ferocity ability before the nerf.

On one hand, I bet it was ridiculous. On the other, Emp Q -> Q -> R -> Emp Q -> Q is still a possible rotation for team fights. His ultimate cooldown is so short that there's like no excuse to not use it whenever you can to randomly catch someone.

Weren't people saying he's bad top lane but better in jungle? You would think because of the jump and stealth he would work better ganking but maybe not.

I've gotten the chance to play him a few more times rather than just getting to vs him in lane and he's not as bad as I thought. Leveling Q first makes him look worse than he is since you get nothing out of leveling it, really. E first lane harass means that they NEED sustain to keep up with you and you can always just Emp W off their damage. R > E > W > Q for leveling him with Q being left as the one-point wonder.

Still not sure how I feel about him overall. I've basically went even most the times with him. Granted, they were against champs that dominate their lanes (Jax, Jayce, just getting ganked/camped out anyway). On the plus side, his role in team fights of melting carries is really easy due to his ult. Cleaning up fights, or pursuing runners, isn't so bad either since they tend to try to use bushes for their escape and Rengar (with stacks) outruns basically everyone.

EXGN

Hahaqha, MLG.

Montecristo: "Let's listen to 4Not's champ selection process."

Switches angles.

TheRainMan: "Dude, just fucking pick Ahri. Ahri can fucking rape Gragas. Fucking rape him, just rape him. Whatever you do, pick something that fucking rapes Gragas, make him your bit-"

Quick cut after like two seconds.

Montecristo: Well, I think they're gonna pick Ahri.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
One time they told TSM beforehand that they would listen in on their picks/bans. THe entire team just starts singing happy birthday to Dyrus lol.

Koomaster

I've gotten the chance to play him a few more times rather than just getting to vs him in lane and he's not as bad as I thought. Leveling Q first makes him look worse than he is since you get nothing out of leveling it, really. E first lane harass means that they NEED sustain to keep up with you and you can always just Emp W off their damage. R > E > W > Q for leveling him with Q being left as the one-point wonder.

Still not sure how I feel about him overall. I've basically went even most the times with him. Granted, they were against champs that dominate their lanes (Jax, Jayce, just getting ganked/camped out anyway). On the plus side, his role in team fights of melting carries is really easy due to his ult. Cleaning up fights, or pursuing runners, isn't so bad either since they tend to try to use bushes for their escape and Rengar (with stacks) outruns basically everyone.
I agree, leveling Q is a mistake on Rengar. The slow with bolas and then the health rengen are both better to focus on. Q won't secure a kill, but a bola will help keep someone from escaping, and the health regen will keep you in a fight.

If my lane partner is there, I'll throw in a Q in a fight to help take down enemies. But otherwise I save an Emp Q to take a slice out of the tower while the enemy isn't looking. Seems to make people panic when they just went b and came back to find so much health missing from their tower in only a few seconds.

People playing as a straight up bruiser by leveling Q above all else don't know Rengar. I think Rengar is more about playing the mental game with your opponent. Make them fear you, show them what you can do to their towers, show them you won't back down in fights because of your healing, make them wary of sticking around because of that and bolas and then make them wonder where you could be hiding because of your stealth and jumps.

Then watch full health champs flee the moment they see you even if you are low health. That's Rengar.

Inskipp

e7Ao5.jpg

It's been a long while since I played Sona, and was surprised how effective she remained even after all the nerfs. Might practice her more.

JesseZao

I like rengar top, but you really need to get an edge or you are forced to roam gank to catch up (which is fun, but still not reliable). He just doesn't do enough damage and most people can still get away even with bolas. Maybe I need to run CDR runes. It's really too bad Tri-Force and FHeart have wasted mana stats because I really want to build those for sheen and the cdr / dmg reduction. I've been maxing E first, but maybe I should just go back to Q for the damage and take exhaust. Right now half the teams you play with as Rengar treat him like a nerf Eve pick and actively don't try to win.

Thematically, I wish he had an armor shred or even bleed on Q to make him more vicious as an unseen predator.

Blizzard

Banned
Stop saying Sona is good, ugh. They'll nerf her for like the third or fourth time. Remember the days when her power chord had good harass?

Also, I think I almost had a Rengar pentakill in my second summoner's rift attempt playing him, but Akali took the last kill. =( I was playing support Rengar with Corki since I started top but traded with someone.

So far I have played top against Xin and Warwick, and I do not feel like Rengar can 1v1 either of them. I suspect it would be the same against Jax. Natural huge lifesteal, sustain, and/or attack speed boosts seem like they would outdamage the poke-with-E style suggested for Rengar.

*edit*
Oh man, Sivir and Nidalee both in a tournament match. They're not usually picked, and now both in the same game? This means they'll both become flavor of the month, and there's a 67% chance both will be nerfed within 4 weeks, correct? :( I just bought Nidalee, too.

bjaelke

*edit*
Oh man, Sivir and Nidalee both in a tournament match. They're not usually picked, and now both in the same game? This means they'll both become flavor of the month, and there's a 67% chance both will be nerfed within 4 weeks, correct? :( I just bought Nidalee, too.

I've seen quite a few of the Asian teams run Sivir but Nidalee has been out of the spotlight for a long time.

IsayFever

Both are pretty common tournament picks in Taiwan and Korea.

Blizzard

Banned
Apparently Sivir won and had no deaths...trash tier Sivir incoming again? I feel like there was a 6-8 month period where she was regarded as the worst champion aside from Eve and Karma. =P

Ken

Apparently Sivir won and had no deaths...trash tier Sivir incoming again? I feel like there was a 6-8 month period where she was regarded as the worst champion aside from Eve and Karma. =P

I don't see how an ADC with MS buff on every AA, spell shield, burst, and AA reset could be considered the worst champion of any time.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't see how an ADC with MS buff on every AA, spell shield, burst, and AA reset could be considered the worst champion of any time.
Maybe, but I feel almost certain that several months ago, before the Sivir remake, she was considered almost a loss. I forget what her old passive was, too. It might have been worse than the current one. I don't think she had the AA reset either since the bouncing blades used to be a toggle.

Riot doesn't knee jerk reaction nerf things unless they are blatantly overpowered
Maybe, but I feel like it's happened before almost immediately after a tournament, like Sona being used and then nerfed, or something similar. I could easily be wrong though. I seem to recall 2-3 supports and/or Kogmaw being nerfed right after some tournament team played a team with Kogmaw + 3 supports.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Bad Gaf wins!

Vayne0003.jpg

Wish I could've seen the team chat ont he other side they had like entire first half of the game. Thanks Dan and Zero with lakes and me we combined in to quad killers. Truly sorry about getting caught and giving up first blood.

Ken

Diana mid too strong. Couldn't really do much in lane since Q into ultimate and slow is way too good of a setup for a gank and one that can be done every 12 seconds and is nearly impossible to read is ridiculous. Is that Q for just harass or is she going to ult in, pull, and slow, and then Skarner drags me away? Only won because they fell apart in team fights and Yorick ghost + Morde ghost too good.

Also Diana mad.

Ken

I feel like Diana is good mid if people don't dodge her Q, and rather bad if they do. Or if they're like me and can't land it.

Can't really dodge them forever, and when one Q can lead into a full combo it's a little too much. I got lucky with having Morde shield almost always full but it must be a nightmare for squishier APs.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Can't really dodge them forever, and when one Q can lead into a full combo it's a little too much. I got lucky with having Morde shield almost always full but it must be a nightmare for squishier APs.

Right here is some truth. Like a blitz pull most of the time this catches she is screwing up royally. Only way I seem to live vs dianas is ls and veil almost every game I'm missing this vs it's a insta loss in my book.

Riot doesn't knee jerk reaction nerf things unless they are blatantly overpowered
Or if there's a lot of whining after the champ is used really well in a tourney and becomes FotM. Alistar was my favorite pick for quite a while and it felt like he wasn't even popular. No one wasn't really even talking about him. M5 brings back jungle Alistar in their match against Dignitas and now suddenly people whine he's super OP. E mana cost gets nerfed over and over, low level Headbutt damage nerfed and on PBE his Headbutt range gets nerfed significantly.

bjb

Banned
So I just started playing this game. It's my first Moba and I'm having quite a bit of fun. Just trying to find a champ / role I enjoy at the moment.

IsayFever

Maybe, but I feel like it's happened before almost immediately after a tournament, like Sona being used and then nerfed, or something similar. I could easily be wrong though. I seem to recall 2-3 supports and/or Kogmaw being nerfed right after some tournament team played a team with Kogmaw + 3 supports.

The only time I recall seeing this was Dignitas running a comp at IEM right after Lulu came out that was Ap Soraka, Lulu solo top, Taric + Kog, and a carry jungle. They were beaten horribly by Moscow 5

EXGN

Dat feel when you win four ranked games in a row, think to yourself "hey, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead?" and then queue anyways. Just got CRUSHED.

Ken

Dat feel when you win four ranked games in a row, think to yourself "hey, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead?" and then queue anyways. Just got CRUSHED.

I'm having pretty good luck with ranked right now. 8 ranked win streak atm.

Blizzard

Banned
Or if there's a lot of whining after the champ is used really well in a tourney and becomes FotM. Alistar was my favorite pick for quite a while and it felt like he wasn't even popular. No one wasn't really even talking about him. M5 brings back jungle Alistar in their match against Dignitas and now suddenly people whine he's super OP. E mana cost gets nerfed over and over, low level Headbutt damage nerfed and on PBE his Headbutt range gets nerfed significantly.
Yep, Alistar is perhaps a recent example of this. I used to NEVER see him banned, and how he's almost always banned.

I finally had a good Diana mid game, though that was partly because of all our lanes doing well and us having a good jungle Xin (wat). I really need to train myself to aim the Q -low- with Diana, so I at least have some chance of hitting people with it instead of missing with the curve.

Swig_

Won two today trying to work my ELO back up after getting queued with morons several games in a row and had the same feeling. Decided that would be a good time to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom