• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Dat feel when you win four ranked games in a row, think to yourself "hey, maybe I should quit while I'm ahead?" and then queue anyways. Just got CRUSHED.
It's the gambler psychology! I never learn with LoL, but I did learn in real life. My only time ever gambling was on some cruise ship, and I finally decided to try my first real life gambling at a blackjack table. I walked up, got two straight blackjacks, and immediately cashed out with like $30 and a lifetime 100% win record. I figured it would have been all downhill from there. </exciting story>

EXGN

Any of the MLG games from Day 2 worth watching? I'd ask in the other thread but most of you seem to be using this one.

Game 2 of Legion VS 4not was a pretty good back and forth game. I also heard the TSM Evo/CLG Black games were really entertaining.

methane47

Its crazy how i can completely zone out players in laning phase as AP nunu.... and then as soon as laning phase is over my team gets CRUSHHED over and over and over...

I think i'm done with AP nunu... i need to carry harder.. i can't leave it up to my team.

EXGN

Its crazy how i can completely zone out players in laning phase as AP nunu.... and then as soon as laning phase is over my team gets CRUSHHED over and over and over...

I think i'm done with AP nunu... i need to carry harder.. i can't leave it up to my team.

Kinda what happens with Nunu in any position other than support. If he had more consistent damage, he might be a better teamfighter, but all he can do is CC and buff the ADC.

scy

Kinda what happens with Nunu in any position other than support. If he had more consistent damage, he might be a better teamfighter, but all he can do is CC and buff the ADC.

To be fair, Nunu top shuts down top lane pretty hard and his full duration ult hits like a truck with a good amount of AP behind it.

EXGN

To be fair, Nunu top shuts down top lane pretty hard and his full duration ult hits like a truck with a good amount of AP behind it.

His ability as a top laner depends entirely on how hard he shuts it down. He's still useless in team fights and if the enemy top laner can keep up even remotely, he will lose.

EXGN

Curse bringing back the double AD meta. A trick strategy is just what I expected from them when their backs are against the wall.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Curse bringing back the double AD meta. A trick strategy is just what I expected from them when their backs are against the wall.

Never really faded people just don't know how to work various metas a lot on the NA servers. The game allows you to do a lot especially in draft mode but most people in LOL are locked in tryhard mode.

methane47

played SIX games as AP nunu.. back to back... and have lost every single one.
very next game, picked jungle ali.. and won... 32 assists

ridiculous ...... i really want to learn some other cheapish.. champs... but ryse is borring, ashe is already picked in every game, TF i just can't grasp... and i can't win with Nunu...

Who else should i try thats cheap? (my mains are trist and Ali)

EXGN

What's at stake here?

Mainly pride + money, both teams are considered the perennial first place losers in NA and always place 2nd/3rd/4th at major tournaments. Both would love to have a first place finish going into the finals. Although I think with a win, Dig could leap frog CLG and get the #2 seed.

Orbit VS TD has more at stake, if Orbit wins, they can secure a spot in the Season 1 finals.

Volimar

How is it not disrepectful?

I think disrespectful is a strong word. Both teams made it to the finals on their own merits. They obviously agreed to the terms of the match. As far as I'm concerned they did nothing worse than agree to handicap themselves to make for a more exciting game. People getting offended are taking it too seriously. But then again, I don't make my living in esports.

So, uh, where is the stream? Is this MLG?

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live#lol

Dignitas has won game 1.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
wait was the first match Dig won an ARAM game?

Yeah.

Apparently, Dig and Crs agreed to this before starting the game. One of the reasons was that they didn't want to reveal their strats for regionals, like TSM, so they withheld from playing an actual game. LOL.

Also, this time of sportsmanship reflects bad on e-sports in general imo. If e-sports wants to be taken seriously like a real sport soon, it should reflect that. Having pro-players conduct this kind of behavior is pretty bad imo.

EXGN

I think disrespectful is a strong word. Both teams made it to the finals on their own merits. They obviously agreed to the terms of the match. As far as I'm concerned they did nothing worse than agree to handicap themselves to make for a more exciting game. People getting offended are taking it too seriously. But then again, I don't make my living in esports.

I thought it was funny, but I could see why MLG/Riot would look down on this. They're essentially making a mockery of the tournament finals. That would be like if the two teams in the Super Bowl decided to play flag football.

Volimar

I thought it was funny, but I could see why MLG/Riot would look down on this. They're essentially making a mockery of the tournament finals. That would be like if the two teams in the Super Bowl decided to play flag football.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised at all if MLG forbids that kind of match in the future.

FoxSpirit

They are the actual, real pros. You knows what gets you money? Viewers. What gets you viewers? Exiciting matches.
Walk the line between winning serious matches and showing something crazy like aram and you get a lot more people.

Of course, you can always try and be as "pure" as athletics and we know how many viewers that has, Summer Olympics aside.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
They are the actual, real pros. You knows what gets you money? Viewers. What gets you viewers? Exiciting matches.
Walk the line between winning serious matches and showing something crazy like aram and you get a lot more people.

Of course, you can always try and be as "pure" as athletics and we know how many viewers that has, Summer Olympics aside.

We label them pros but they certaintly don't have tact, professionalism, or maturity to act like it. In all honesty, this reflects poorly on the two teams and as a result looks bad on E-Sports. I think this goes to show the infancy and immaturity of E-sports in general.

it's still gaming and it should be fun and entertainment. i liked the ARAM match what i didn't like is that they played with them in the end, finish when you can.

Blizzard

Banned
played SIX games as AP nunu.. back to back... and have lost every single one.
very next game, picked jungle ali.. and won... 32 assists

ridiculous ...... i really want to learn some other cheapish.. champs... but ryse is borring, ashe is already picked in every game, TF i just can't grasp... and i can't win with Nunu...

Who else should i try thats cheap? (my mains are trist and Ali)
Did you not ever try Nunu jungle instead of AP top? Once I started following that guide Dance In My Blood linked, I think I actually won several games with him jungling...but I don't think I ever had much luck top lane.

My general experience is that if you can eat the other team's wraith and get a good early gank or catch their jungler at low HP, you will have a good game. Otherwise you may have a bad time but might still catch up after you get 2-3 GP5 items.

On another note, about sportsmanship, my problem isn't with people playing ARAM or whatever, it's with teams acting like immature jerks when they win/lose, or being like Rainman on the mic and talking about how you gotta rape, rape, rape the other team/champion, as if rape is something to be taken lightly.

Inskipp

Did you not ever try Nunu jungle instead of AP top? Once I started following that guide Dance In My Blood linked, I think I actually won several games with him jungling...but I don't think I ever had much luck top lane.
While Nunu is definitely a good jungler, he's also a decent top laner, as he is capable of shutting down other bruisers with his snowball. Blood- boiling your jungler for ganks is also cool.

Blizzard

Banned
While Nunu is definitely a good jungler, he's also a decent top laner, as he is capable of shutting down other bruisers with his snowball. Blood- boiling your jungler for ganks is also cool.
In theory, yes, but neither I nor the other poster have had much success with Nunu top lane, which is why I suggested he try the alternative that worked better for me.

Q8D3vil

the only thing nunu top got going for him is his sustain, otherwise he sucks so hard since he is a champion that doesnt need tons of farm to be effective and have only 2 offensive skill with one of them being almost luck based.

short version, top lane is for champions that can snowball only.

Ken

the only thing nunu top got going for him is his sustain, otherwise he sucks so hard since he is a champion that doesnt need tons of farm to be effective and have only 2 offensive skill with one of them being almost luck based.

short version, top lane is for champions that can snowball only.

Wrekt

I'm with you. I decided that the IPL tournament a couple weeks ago was my final time watching pro matches because I was sick of watching the same champs every single game. I'm actually going to seek out this match. I love it.

phinious

gained over 100 elo in ranked today. Exclusively as jungle naut. So op! Lanes gotta fail hard to lose. If i can keep this up I might make it back to 1400 this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom