• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Does MLG LoL even mean much. After MLG shoved Halo to the back of the bus because of the popularity of SC2, I don't really care much for how MLG works anymore.

Actually, I never really did care for what MLG has spawned; MLG-avatar using elitist players on XBL and such.

Inskipp

Does MLG LoL even mean much. After MLG shoved Halo to the back of the bus because of the popularity of SC2, I don't really care much for how MLG works anymore.
It's part of the season 2 lineup, so yes it has some inherent importance to some teams.

I believe that if Dignitas would have won, they would have managed to pass CLG.prime in circuit points.

Also, I think this is the first time Curse won any major LAN tournament. Which sucks for them.

Ashhong

Agreeing to split the price money before the game? Kind of takes a little away from the competitiveness of the game doesn't it? Either way two competing teams shouldn't be agreeing to shit in a public place.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty dumb of them to agree to split the prize money and then play the first ARAM in a final in history.

It was a good show, though, and that's all that matters :)

Avinexus

MLG shoved Halo to the back because nobody was showing up for it anymore. It had the lowest stream numbers for any game (even Call of Duty was beating it) and they weren't even filling up half the open bracket. Nobody wanted to play, watch, or sponsor competitive Halo: Reach.

Both teams should have known this was going to happen. MLG banned players for doing it in Brawl as well.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
LoL is a hella good esport.

lolololol

xZS66.jpg

Thank you, I genuinely laughed at this.

brian!

like I've never taken "e-sports" seriously, I enjoy seeing high level players and high level games and all, and I respect that a lot of effort is put into getting on that level, and I get a lot of entertainment following the culture, but seeing people call what they did an "insult" really causes me to double-take.

I mean unless you're livelihood depends on the propagation of e-sports as this entity that has these stilted notions of honorable competition, it doesn't really make sense to me. I'm much more excited by the reality TV-ness of it, of impending gaming houses and LoL "celebrities", in this weird WWE way.

like that's just my opinion though

Volimar

I wonder when they "discovered" the collusion. I just mention it because it seems kind of scummy to let them play, make all the ad revenue from the matches, and then DQ them after the fact if they knew before the game started.

Still, why you colluding guys?

@MrMLGAdam The collusion was planned and discussed in a public, crowded setting. The entire venue was aware of it.

So they knew beforehand... Yep, that's the MLG I've come to know and loathe.

@MrMLGAdam

We had them play it out because we did not know what the decision was until we gathered all of the evidence.
Curse apology video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXOpt86zVJ0

I feel like they are being made to stand in the corner.

I wonder what the long term ramifications of this will be. People are already musing that MLG is going to toss LoL aside once Dota 2 comes out, but then that rumor is old.

EXGN

Feels like an honest mistake to me, inexperience led them to make a poor choice. Just two groups of friends trying to help each other out and didn't know the rules. No way there was any actual match fixing going on because the team with more to gain - Dig - lost.

Blinding

So they knew beforehand... Yep, that's the MLG I've come to know and loathe.

They knew beforehand that there were reports of them doing it, they didn't want to make such a decision until they were absolutely certain, which is why the confronted the teams before making said decision.

Volimar

They knew beforehand that there were reports of them doing it, they didn't want to make such a decision until they were absolutely certain, which is why the confronted the teams before making said decision.

Still....kind of scummy. They made sure that they got theirs before taking action.

bjaelke

The Participants will be qualified due the Regional Finals:[1]
Mainland China: July 26 – Shanghai, China at China Joy – 2 teams
Europe: August 16 – Cologne, Germany at Gamescom – 3 teams
North America: August 31 – Seattle, United States at PAX Prime – 3 teams
Korea: September 21 – Seoul, Korea at the OGN eSports Stadium – 2 teams
Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau: September 22 – Taipei, Taiwan at G1 – 1 team
Southeast Asia: September – Singapore at Garena Carnival – 1 team
http://www.leaguepedia.com/wiki/Season_2_World_Championship#Participants

The event is taking place this weekend, so I'm not sure why it says the 22nd.

---

iG locked in AP Yi. Shout casters went mental. No idea what they're saying but they're definitely excited about it!

EXGN

For those not following the drama about the DQ, apparently Riot Red Beard said the DQ was not about splitting the money but both teams planning the outcome of the BO5 (which doesn't really make sense, because the team with something to gain from fixing lost).

Additionally, MLG seems to be having some trouble getting their story straight and are deleting tweets that contradict each other: http://i.imgur.com/ONkoe.png

Curse has denied any allegations of splitting the prize pool or throwing matches and said they only colluded in terms of planning an ARAM with Dig. No response from Dig yet, other than saying they were investigating what went down.

Q8D3vil

bottom support situation is really weird right now, after all the nerfs to the dedicated support (especially healing abilities) support became much viable to alot of characters (rise of leona/blitz). alot of characters seems to be viable in Korea as supports, any character that can defend the ad and scale well with support items an be played as supports.

maokai is perfect for that role although he is pick or ban in high level.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know about support Jayce, but I played Jayce + Blitzcrank in a lane once and it worked well. It's just funny because of the grab + knockup + silence + HAMMER combo.

What's even funnier is I think we played that combination in a team with gragas and two other bouncing-CC champions. The potential for pinball hilarity was there, but sadly we didn't coordinate well overall and lost.

Feature

Banned
http://www.leaguepedia.com/wiki/Season_2_World_Championship#Participants

The event is taking place this weekend, so I'm not sure why it says the 22nd.

---

iG locked in AP Yi. Shout casters went mental. No idea what they're saying but they're definitely excited about it!

Can you link me with the source where it says it's taking place this weekend? Maybe it's one of those Asian tournaments that spread over a month?
Also maybe a link to the tournament ladder / playing times would be awesome!

Sigh... we screw up teamfights so much. :(

Early game I was hitting my strides. I went solo top against Ez and Varus and was doing really well. I scored double kill without dying early on. Varus goes to bot after that, then I just abused enemy Ez while denying him pretty hard. I went 6-0 and got my IE by ~15 mins. Boy did they keep falling for healbaits.

But the teamfights... Fizz was usually wandering around elsewhere. Too often did Blitz pull Darius towards me.

As for my LW... I'm still just testing it but I only got to buy it when the match ended. I'm trying that graph I read, which basically said:
- LW = 0BT @ ~37 armor
- LW = max BT @ ~105 armor

I'd get an Executioner Calling for my main lifesteal, plus to supplement the lower crit chance I get when substituting PD for a TF.

Enemy Ezreal did a REALLY clever thing against me during lane phase though. We ended up going in a straight 1v1 fight. I got him to 10% and I was still ~25%. He E'd to inside the bush so I E'd as well. I had QWE off cooldown so I thought I'll just mash my keyboard. But whoop, he did that to hide an ult cast which killed me.

1r0g5.jpg

EXGN

Played a really frustrating game last night where my team lost even though we had a solid 15 kills over the enemy team. We dominated the whole game and I went something like 5/2/22 as Skarner and even took one of the enemy's Nexus turrets.

However, when it came down to it, the top AP Teemo got super feed and was pushing 400-500 AP by the end of the game. I bought an oracle and told my team to stay behind, but they would get greedy and baited into shroom traps, which would chunk them for like half their life.

In the end, we took the inhib and went to fight Baron. Unfortunately, we went to Baron through purple side, and my team took three different paths - I went through the most direct path, AD carry went down toward mid and cut in through the path before the mid brush and the AP carry went through the middle brush.

The AP and AD carry both hit shrooms, which chunked them by half. The enemy team saw and rushed to take advantage of this, and with both our carries down to half life and a non-sustain support, we lost the fight and lost the game.

Really frustrating, if the game had built in voice chat I would have been able to warn them not to go that way.

Had a game of Dominion where we were milliseconds from victory (their nexus was at 1, people were saying "GG", then they capped a third point). We managed to recover and win though, but that was too close.

Is general douchebaggery reportable? In one game the enemy Fiora was taunting us with "too easy", "easy triple kill", "send more bot", etc.

garath

Had a game of Dominion where we were milliseconds from victory (their nexus was at 1, people were saying "GG", then they capped a third point). We managed to recover and win though, but that was too close.

Is general douchebaggery reportable? In one game the enemy Fiora was taunting us with "too easy", "easy triple kill", "send more bot", etc.

Yes, general douchebaggery appears in the tribunal all the time. Those type of players generally do plenty to get there.

Ferrio

Banned

"u mad?" Wait that's bannable isn't it? Even if used sarcastically? Hrmmm

Blizzard

Banned
I've seen so many commenst about AP Teemo in the last few days. Or at least two comments, which seems like so many. I had where I started 5-0 jungle Rengar (got immediate 3 kills against top lane Garen + Teemo I think)...only for Teemo to come back and destroy us with attack speed. We barely won the game, Teemo was the final boss and we had to kill him like 3 times before they surrendered.

But that wasn't even AP Teemo! Some GAF person got dominated by AP Teemo top, and then your comment (or maybe you were that person), and someone was commenting in chat last night about teammates walking into mushrooms like idiots when you have an oracles and are about to clear the mushroom (maybe that was you saying that)...and then someone I know outside of GAF was talking about how AP Teemo mushrooms chunk people for half their health, and as such they, Teemo, are the play caller and everyone should listen to them or whatnot, presumably to get the other team to walk into the mushrooms and remove half the health of the entire team.

I don't know what to think. Maybe I should try AP Teemo again instead of the normal variety since I couldn't seem to get it to work.

bjaelke

Reportable? Yes. Punishable? No.

It's considered a minor offense from my experience.

Ferrio

Banned
I've seen so many commenst about AP Teemo in the last few days. Or at least two comments, which seems like so many. I had where I started 5-0 jungle Rengar (got immediate 3 kills against top lane Garen + Teemo I think)...only for Teemo to come back and destroy us with attack speed. We barely won the game, Teemo was the final boss and we had to kill him like 3 times before they surrendered.

But that wasn't even AP Teemo! Some GAF person got dominated by AP Teemo top, and then your comment (or maybe you were that person), and someone was commenting in chat last night about teammates walking into mushrooms like idiots when you have an oracles and are about to clear the mushroom (maybe that was you saying that)...and then someone I know outside of GAF was talking about how AP Teemo mushrooms chunk people for half their health, and as such they, Teemo, are the play caller and everyone should listen to them or whatnot, presumably to get the other team to walk into the mushrooms and remove half the health of the entire team.

I don't know what to think. Maybe I should try AP Teemo again instead of the normal variety since I couldn't seem to get it to work.

Trouble is you're not carrying as him. You can dominate the usual melee tops with him, but you better hope your team is doing good cause you won't do much end game.

EXGN

Haha, I think that WAS me. AP Teemo is one of those things that really shouldn't work, but when you play at the 1200 Elo bracket like me, anything is possible. If my team wasn't in such a rush and let me go first to either tank or spot out the mushrooms, we would have won easily. But they didn't, and it was a frustrating and easily avoidable loss.

Blizzard

Banned
Free Graves + Taric or Graves + Leona lanes, oh the humanity. Ahri mid lane too...

I guess I should try Graves again, and/or Ahri.

People can finally try out new Kat.
Everyone has been playing her for weeks. I thought she was 3150 IP or something but I may just be crazy.

*edit* According to lolking.net, her win rate HAS gotten closer to 50% since the update. Apparently deathcap is a popular item and I hardly ever get it, maybe I should save up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom