• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Aram. Full AP. Win.
I'm in love with ARAM Lux, I'll just feel bad playing another champ :p

By the way, Leona was the first champion I've ever played. I never play tanks in any game, but for some reason I felt like starting with a tank in LoL and wasn't too fond of her, but I don't think I really understood how to play her. I want to give her another chance, I love her Valkyrie skin...

LCGeek

formerly sane
I'm in love with ARAM Lux, I'll just feel bad playing another champ :p

By the way, Leona was the first champion I've ever played. I never play tanks in any game, but for some reason I felt like starting with a tank in LoL and wasn't too fond of her, but I don't think I really understood how to play her. I want to give her another chance, I love her Valkyrie skin...

She feels like a support bruiser to me. Is actually classified as a tank? Just got her and skarner recently haven't had much a chance been my typical with some nunu and soraka trolls here and there.

Ferrio

Banned
Reverse blitzcrank. She pulls herself to her enemy, doesn't pull them. Her AOE ultimate is ranged... his is centered around him.

Blizzard

Banned
Reverse blitzcrank. She pulls herself to her enemy, doesn't pull them. Her AOE ultimate is ranged... his is centered around him.
Nautilus is the mix. He pulls himself to the enemy AND pulls the enemy to him. He has an ultimate that is ranged but also hits in a line, and an AOE ability that is centered around him.

Ken

For those not following the drama about the DQ, apparently Riot Red Beard said the DQ was not about splitting the money but both teams planning the outcome of the BO5 (which doesn't really make sense, because the team with something to gain from fixing lost).

Additionally, MLG seems to be having some trouble getting their story straight and are deleting tweets that contradict each other: http://i.imgur.com/ONkoe.png

Curse has denied any allegations of splitting the prize pool or throwing matches and said they only colluded in terms of planning an ARAM with Dig. No response from Dig yet, other than saying they were investigating what went down.

Maybe the collusion was the two teams talking about how to split the bill at the restaurant and eyewitnesses thought they were splitting the prize.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I might get hate for this, but I'd love to see a Master Yi remake. Currently he's just not that viable with the way the meta rolls these days.

They need to make a new ARAM map without bushes. Give melee champs a chance again.
edit: I'm referring to melee champs who have no poke. Tryndamere is particularly horrible in ARAM

Vanillalite

That's about it. I wouldn't mind seeing a remade yi for the meta what he has can't be buffed otherwise he will become broke like he use to be.

Exactly. That's why Riot hasn't touched Yi for forever because his current setup is almost impossible to mess with and not have him go OP.

Blizzard

Banned
They need to make a new ARAM map without bushes. Give melee champs a chance again.
edit: I'm referring to melee champs who have no poke. Tryndamere is particularly horrible in ARAM
How would no bushes help melee champions? Bushes give melee champions a place to hide and have a chance of jumping on ranged champions. If it's a completely open map then everyone will see melee champions coming from a mile away.

What they need to do is give Eve back the same stealth everyone else has. :mad:

LCGeek

formerly sane
I don't like the talk of them wanting to beef up turrets and stuff. I think turrets are too safe as is right now...

Turrets are garbage in this compared to dota.

Range
Behavior
Amount of Damage they take

I'm surprised coming out of War3 they ended up with worse turrets. How are the turrets safe now they are weak as crap and have been since they changed them to be more divable than they were in S1 or betas.

Ken

tumblr_m9ebreOZjN1qf8xsro1_1280.png

Hmmm.

Meanwhile this Nurse Akali cosplay is fantastic.

EXGN

tumblr_m9ebreOZjN1qf8xsro1_1280.png

Hmmm.

Meanwhile this Nurse Akali cosplay is fantastic.

I've heard that was a photoshop. Seems really out of line for Scarra.

I think that's more an issue of scaling rather that bushes or what not. Tryndamere is a late game champion that needs a lot of farm, and champions like that just aren't good in ARAMs.

Vanillalite

Range
Behavior

I'm surprised coming out of War3 they ended up with worse turrets. How are the turrets safe now they are weak as crap and have been since they changed them to be more divable than they were in S1 or betas.

I'd agree with this. Once you hit mid game basically everyone can LoL turret dive, and even before then you can easily get in and get out for a kill if needed.

I don't mind that they aren't that hard to take down. I just wish they had a slightly larger range and they gave back the damage nerf they got.

Ferrio

Banned

Range
Behavior

Well, I remember when I first started playing LoL, one of the first things that struck me was how safe turrets where. More specifically is how they'd target you as soon as you'd hit a champion. Dota you were cool as long as there were creeps by.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I'd agree with this. Once you hit mid game basically everyone can LoL turret dive, and even before then you can easily get in and get out for a kill if needed.

I don't mind that they aren't that hard to take down. I just wish they had a slightly larger range and they gave back the damage nerf they got.

Basically I want your end suggestion done. Either more damage or more as and slightly bigger range.

Well, I remember when I first started playing LoL, one of the first things that struck me was how safe turrets where. More specifically is how they'd target you as soon as you'd hit a champion. Dota you were cool as long as there were creeps by.

I get what you mean now and we on the same page.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The only thing bad about turrets in LoL is their HP and range (and lack of universal fortification), otherwise they do a much better job of keeping you safe than DOTA turrets.

Someone like Dark Seer can just Ion Shell himself and walk up to you. As long as he doesn't attack you the turret will just ignore him. They're so much easier to dive safely than LoL's turrets.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Thinking about making a huge mistake and reinstalling this and trying to solo queue.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Thinking about making a huge mistake and reinstalling this and trying to solo queue.

play with the gaffers that are around. If it's that bad give me a time if you on the NA server I will troll and roll with you in about 90 minutes.

Blizzard

Banned
Neat. Haven't started downloading yet so it probably won't be tonight.

I got a hold of crackbaby by the way. He was hella sick, but he seems to be doing better now.
I didn't know he was sick. :( Hope he feels better.

I even saw Electrastar in the chat channel for like a minute earlier tonight, it's the return of old timers!

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure what's up with ranked tonight, but I had two people afk in spawn for a while (duo queue bot lane) because they got angry. One of them also was afk under his turret when someone was fighting in his lane for several seconds, telling his mom goodnight. It should be in the ranked agreement that you lose your mom if you play!

Then the next game, someone's router apparently instantly goes out and it's 4v5 (with sudden AP mid tristana) for like 25 minutes.

Bad players are one thing, but having 3v5 and 4v5 ranked games just seems a wee bit unlucky.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The in game model is really good, so whatever. The art is just garbage. It isn't PAX exclusive either, for the record.

Ken

I'm not sure what's up with ranked tonight, but I had two people afk in spawn for a while (duo queue bot lane) because they got angry. One of them also was afk under his turret when someone was fighting in his lane for several seconds, telling his mom goodnight. It should be in the ranked agreement that you lose your mom if you play!

Then the next game, someone's router apparently instantly goes out and it's 4v5 (with sudden AP mid tristana) for like 25 minutes.

Bad players are one thing, but having 3v5 and 4v5 ranked games just seems a wee bit unlucky.

Sad. I'd play with you but then you would only lose.

Sona getting boob nerf with every new skin.

I don't mind the Sona splash; kind of like it because it's a little cartoony and whimsical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom