• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Where was that aggression yesterday? Well-played by CLG, hope they win so we can see more out-of-the box strategies in the final. Sucks to say that though, I love Curse too :(

Blizzard

Banned
I was quite fond of Anti-Mage from the original DotA.
Coincidentally, I seem to recall everyone hating Anti-Mage in DOTA2. I'm not sure if it's for that reason or not.

He was supposed to be OP and rage-inducing so I tried him and sucked at melee-only, if I recall correctly, but I guess that's not surprising since I'm terrible at every game. :p

Blizzard

Banned
Curse is going to lose. Shen is too easy to counter.
Cop is getting destroyed, that Soda Cop negative influence is too much for him to overcome.

*edit* I wish they wouldn't have those camera views inserted in the bottom, with the big banner. I feel like I'm looking at the game through a visor with a narrow hole in it. :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I take no responsibility for this loss.
TNYEV.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
This Graves is the manliest.

Also apparently in pro games no one buys infinity edge. It's all either bloodthirster or triforce rush with dolans.

dimb

This Graves is the manliest.

Also apparently in pro games no one buys infinity edge. It's all either bloodthirster or triforce rush with dolans.
Graves has Iedge. Corki is supposed to rush Triforce. Same with Easyreal.

Margalis

Banned
They felt like they had to do something because Shen could not stop Jax 1 v 1 and Voy was going to just push bot lane to death. Also Ori and Graves can clear minions forever. It wasn't a good fight but they didn't have good options.

The fact that Jax could beat Shen was a huge huge problem for them.

Feature

Banned
Elementz was the worst player of the tourny. He messed up against TSM too with his fail blitzcrank. So many missed grabs, and one of the missed grabs caused TSM to come back.

dimb

Too much rides on placing in the top 3, I feel terrible whenever I see the losers

: (
Curse deserve to be losers. So do CLG but whatever. Not impressed at all with the level of play in this tournament.

dimb

Elementz was the worst player of the tourny. He messed up against TSM too with his fail blitzcrank. So many missed grabs, and one of the missed grabs caused TSM to come back.
No, this isn't even true. Cop, Jacky, and Saint all threw that game.

Boken

Banned
They felt like they had to do something because Shen could not stop Jax 1 v 1 and Voy was going to just push bot lane to death. Also Ori and Graves can clear minions forever. It wasn't a good fight but they didn't have good options.

The fact that Jax could beat Shen was a huge huge problem for them.
Near the end Shen with trinity, randuins and sunfire actually beats Jax, but CLG just avoided that by shoving the lane and going somewhere else.

Rachel wearing all of the LoLhoodies. Malzahar one is neat

Blizzard

Banned
Curse deserve to be losers. So do CLG but whatever. Not impressed at all with the level of play in this tournament.
I know we probably joke about you because no matter what top tourney team plays with 2000+ elo players in whatever championship, you seem to post saying that all the teams were terrible players with low-level play...but seriously, what are some examples of good teams/high-level play tournament games? :/

*edit* Beaten by like 1 minute.

Margalis

Banned
Near the end Shen with trinity, randuins and sunfire actually beats Jax, but CLG just avoided that by shoving the lane and going somewhere else.

I don't remember what Voy's final build was, but with a little lifesteal he would be fine. Can disengage at any time by jumping to a minion, then lifestealing from jungle or other minions, then go back in. He can also just run in, hit a tower a few times and run away, there's no way Shen can DPS him fast enough to prevent that. Maybe Shen would win if they just stood toe to toe dueling but I don't think there's any way Shen could prevent Jax from slowly taking down the tower. If they thought Shen could do it they would have sent him bot, but in the final fight he was with the rest of team, forcing the engage, which is what you do against a split pusher you can't stop directly. (Force them to come back)

CLG also had mid inhib down for some of that time, which makes all creeps stronger, which would have made pushing down bot easier and made top slowly push on it's own.

I think Curse saw the writing on the wall and figured they were slowly going to bleed to death unless they did something dramatic.

dimb

TSM and Dignitas both look significantly better than CLG and Curse did. They were unimpressive games filled with stubborn and unchanging picks and massive mistakes around every turn. There were better games yesterday, at other tournaments, and in other countries. NA just isn't stepping it up.

You guys don't have to stick up for everything. Here is a fight I think displays the level of play that should come out from competitive organized teams.

EXGN

TSM and Dignitas both look significantly better than CLG and Curse did. They were unimpressive games filled with stubborn and unchanging picks and massive mistakes around every turn. There were better games yesterday, at other tournaments, and in other countries. NA just isn't stepping it up.

You guys don't have to stick up for everything. Here is a fight I think displays the level of play that should come out from competitive organized teams.

LOL NOOB CORKI SAT AND WAITED FOR REVIVE AND DIDN'T JUMP OVER THE WALL TO KILL URGOT BAD PLAY, SO BAD NA SO MUCH BETTER! /sodacop

I mean, I get that there are mistakes in every game (like Jacky and Cop running through CLG's jungle only to get instagibbed by Doublelift), but there is a lot of good play as well. Dig's poke comp, CLG's TP comp - I don't see how you can say that's boring and bad but M5's GA comp is any better.

Blizzard

Banned

I was curious and did some quick searching. You like Dignitas?

In general, the level of play in the last game was really low. Dig looked a little better, but by and large you could jump into many random games and see something more impressive. Even the champion selection was really amateur. Yesterday had so much more going on by comparison.
Dig wouldn't be very close if they didn't get that free win off the bat though.

You like TSM?
TSM just too weak.
It's not just Reginald. Dyrus and TOO are doing really poorly.
Well the Euro team couldn't even beat Curse. I dunno, TSM looked really bad. Like really bad. I dunno what's going on with them but they're not together at all. I wasn't exactly wrong though. So far the games at MLG Arena have been way more interesting than the ECC.

I understand you may be joking, but please understand that if that's the case, it may be hard for us to tell when you're joking. You kinda come across as criticizing nearly every team. Relax and enjoy a bit. :p

dimb

What's your point? If a team does poorly I'll call them on it. I would enjoy these games more if the level of play was higher, right now that's not the case. I expect more from the teams, I don't know what else to say.
So you're saying buying GA's on everyone increasing level of play?
That's the smart thing to do right now a lot of the time. In fact it is one of the many things I would pile on the enormous list of mistakes from the tournament.

brian!

holy cow soda cop gives into a demand and people start jumping down his throat

like, the dude already said he was cheering for curse
also, just because he thinks a match was low-level doesn't mean you have to

Blizzard

Banned
holy cow soda cop gives into a demand and people start jumping down his throat

like, the dude already said he was cheering for curse
also, just because he thinks a match was low-level doesn't mean you have to
I'm not jumping down his throat. I'm just saying it would be nice if he were less critical. The level of expectation and near universal criticism seems silly, and lowering that a little could be enjoyable for everyone all around. :)

Ken

I'm not jumping down his throat. I'm just saying it would be nice if he were less critical. The level of expectation and near universal criticism seems silly, and lowering that a little could be enjoyable for everyone all around. :)

No. I enjoy the diversity and controversy.

dimb

Holy macaroni who cares? These games weren't fun to watch. Maybe it's the fault of the game maybe it's the fault of the teams, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom