• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Grave fare against Akali? I don't play either champ.

I played with a Graves who was basically said "mid or I feed". He lost BADLY. We were well over 30 mins into the game when I noticed... he has ZERO lifesteal. No vamp scept. No doran. Nothing. Maybe he had runes and/or masteries but they're pretty trivial to a vamp scept, so I told him to get it.

Needless to say we lost that match pretty bad because of a fed Akali. Top lane was quickly lost but I can't blame Lee's 1v2 even with a lot of jungler babysit (Pantheon). It was me and Cass against Sivir and Sona and those power chords are awful so I couldn't farm much. Cass sadly wasn't landing a lot of harass. We still held bottom lane, but after top lane went down hell broke loose since we started seeing 3-5 man ganks on our lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
I love Janna :D

ibwbZ7wQbzEXCO.png

We were kinda behind at first because of a few amazing Heca ganks but after I built my boots I was on "NO ONE DIES ON MY CALL" mode and we went for like 20 minutes without a single death :D

Ken

Akali is a ninja.

Graves has a beard.

Akali should win. She's an assassin meant to take out squishy carries after all. Also, Graves can't really escape against an Akali with Marks and ultimate.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I played with a Graves who was basically said "mid or I feed". He lost BADLY. We were well over 30 mins into the game when I noticed... he has ZERO lifesteal. No vamp scept. No doran. Nothing. Maybe he had runes and/or masteries but they're pretty trivial to a vamp scept, so I told him to get it.

Needless to say we lost that match pretty bad because of a fed Akali. Top lane was quickly lost but I can't blame Lee's 1v2 even with a lot of jungler babysit (Pantheon). It was me and Cass against Sivir and Sona and those power chords are awful so I couldn't farm much. Cass sadly wasn't landing a lot of harass. We still held bottom lane, but after top lane went down hell broke loose since we started seeing 3-5 man ganks on our lane.
Realistically Graves shouldn't be fighting head to head with Akali very often. When they do meet it would come down to whoever had more farm. If for some reason he did happen to lane solo versus a champion like Akali he should be able to farm up enough and safely to do okay. As a ranged carry he should have an easier time farming, although he's open up to dying horribly once she hits six if she takes advantage of her ult and he isn't playing safe.
I love Janna :D

http://i.minus.com/ibwbZ7wQbzEXCO.png

We were kinda behind at first because of a few amazing Heca ganks but after I built my boots I was on "NO ONE DIES ON MY CALL" mode and we went for like 20 minutes without a single death :D
You should love Corki, the most obscenely powerful AD carry in the game right now. Also consider giving some love to idiotic supports who run Promote without really understanding it just because they saw it during the tournament. A Taric forgoing Flash in particular for it is really just asking for trouble. Those summoners are befuddling in general. Sivir running Cleanse when she has her spell shield is just silly. It's even funnier because she got extra countered by Corki running Heal.

zkylon

zkylewd
You should love Corki, the most obscenely powerful AD carry in the game right now. Also consider giving some love to idiotic supports who run Promote without really understanding it just because they saw it during the tournament. A Taric forgoing Flash in particular for it is really just asking for trouble. Those summoners are befuddling in general. Sivir running Cleanse when she has her spell shield is just silly. It's even funnier because she got extra countered by Corki running Heal.
Normally I would agree but next match I got 0 0 14 against a more "challenging" team so I'm feeling pretty good about her. My team had a pretty good night though, and crushed on the four matches we played.

People were running Promote and Sivir I guess because of the Regionals, lol...

Ken

So many people in ranked solo queue think it's okay to run without flash.

Boken

Banned
My advice is that you shouldnt use it unless your team is built around it (push, globals or objective takers)

Early game use it to extend early game dominance (hopefully) and push down bottom lane. Rotate and take another lane.

Late game, use it bottom lane when important objectives are up (baron, top, middle tower) to force 4v5 fights

tl;dr - dont use promote

So what does promote do/how should you use it? Don't think I've ever seen it in any of my games.

Don't use it.

The thing is, if you want to push a tower down really early game when the other team won't have enough damage to destroy the super minion, the spell works extremely well.

The problem is an early tower is not the best idea unless you have a very specific and coordinated strategy and even if you pull this off, you still have a summoner spell that will not help you late game.

EXGN

So what does promote do/how should you use it? Don't think I've ever seen it in any of my games.

It's only good in somewhat coordinated games. In solo queue, you push your tower and then your other solo lanes just say "noob go back bot i'm farming."

Managed to pull back somehow... I guess it's because Vayne building terrible items despite getting fed.

I rarely play GP but he's free. Not sure on some items.
- MR: Leaning more on Spirit Visage since it goes with everything, but Maw isn't a shabby choice for offense.
- Randuin: Already had like ~150 defense before upgrading HoG, not sure if selfishly worth it or if I should even build HoG.
- Vamp Scepter: I was thinking I probably wouldn't need lifesteal anymore, so I'd replace this with IE as a last luxury.

bAyNG.jpg

dimb

Atmog's sucks. Don't build it anymore. Get defensive boots depending on your lane matchup. Only get Hexdrinker if your lane is super easy. I don't really like the item in general though so I don't get it very often. The cool as heck way to play GP is to buy every gold per ten item in the game. Then transition into Critplank with IEdge, BT, Last Whisper, and GA.

My last game's events and why I'm playing Dominion for a while:

-Jungling. Ask bottom lane to watch my red and wraiths. They won't.
- Get a crappy leash on wolves and blue. Have to chug a few pots.
- Shyvana stole my wraiths, I managed to get my red.
- Go bottom for a gank. They don't tell me tri-bush is warded until I'm there.
- Nunu dies to Jayce top with a giant wave at his tower. Go top to farm it. Shyvana steals more of my jungle.
- Gank Swain mid twice with Morde. Both times Morde walks directly onto his snare instead of waiting for me to stun and coming in. Swain would've died the second time but Morde for some reason blew his ignite a minute before even though Swain's at full health.
- Taric dies twice bottom, Vayne once during all this.
- Nunu dies top again right after I farm another huge wave bot. Jayce is at 10 HP after DOUBLE TOWER DIVING Nunu all the way to our base. Jayce dies to minions before I get there because Nunu didn't hit him a single time during this DOUBLE TOWER DIVE.
- Because I came top, Shyvana gets my red, then hits me while I'm doing blue and Morde doesn't help. She gets it and the rest of my buffs for the rest of the game.
- Every lane lost, and I lost my jungle. Double oracles on the enemy team.
- Who's to blame? Me, of course. Surrender at 20? Nope, bottom lane thinks we can win despite everyone being at least 2 levels behind and us being thousands of gold under.

Solo que is AWESOME.

Ken

It's only good in somewhat coordinated games. In solo queue, you push your tower and then your other solo lanes just say "noob go back bot i'm farming."

"u noob u took 2 of my cs now I will be behind stop that. Now you took 3 cs and the experience now I'm behind the enemy mid so I'm going to roam for rest of game and never help in team fights and almost throw the game because I can't get over how the jungler took 3 cs from me and set me behind for life." - Mid Darius

True story.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just saw the NA Regionals Finals. Wow.... That was just outright domination by TSM. They absolutely put Dig in their own momentum and just rode with it. After Dig got outpaced by the other team's playstyle and speed it's just... oh man.... This was sort of like watching TSM vs Blaze.

Koomaster

Was practicing my Heimer in a bot match today. Because someone dc'ed I was sent top as the only person willing. I do good for most of the game, take down two of the towers but then got ganked by the ai.

Corki: Shameful to die to ai noob Heim.

Not 10 seconds later Corki gets killed. I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Ken

Was practicing my Heimer in a bot match today. Because someone dc'ed I was sent top as the only person willing. I do good for most of the game, take down two of the towers but then got ganked by the ai.

Corki: Shameful to die to ai noob Heim.

Not 10 seconds later Corki gets killed. I laughed and laughed and laughed.

I remember when I was starting out and only played bot matches. I was told wards are dumb.

Oh wait I'm pretty sure that was in PvP matches too.

Koomaster

I remember when I was starting out and only played bot matches. I was told wards are dumb.

Oh wait I'm pretty sure that was in PvP matches too.
Heh, spectated a weird match last night where a Blitzcrank sold all his items at the end of the game and bought tons of wards and placed them all around the Nexus. This prevented the minions from reaching the nexus somehow. My friend told me it was some kind of bug, but it was the funniest thing I had seen, minions blocked by some 50+ wards.

Anyway, Wards OP.

EXGN

Wanna develop thick skin? Play jungle Yi.

First 10 minutes: You farm the fuck out of everything. Clear your jungle, steal some CS when your lanes leave, steal enemy jungle when he ganks. Teammate response - WHERE THE FUCK IS THE JUNGLER WTF NOOB JUNGLE SIGH!

11-20 minutes: Keep fucking farming. Try to farm the enemy jungler when he goes for red buff if you can, buy your double swords. When your team groups up to stave off enemy pushes, farm their empty side lanes. Teammate response - REPORT YI FOR TROLLING, NOT HELPING DEFEND AND COMMUNICATING GG GG

21-30 minutes: Tell your team to go push top, then push bot. Watch as enemy team either has to send 4 people to stop you from steamrolling their base or lose objectives, /L all the way home. Teammate response - YI SO GOOD LOL GG NOOBS BD YI LOLOLOLOL!

Ken

To be fair, you're not really being a jungler by just playing Farmville all game long and hoping for late game.

dimb

I would be upset if someone jungled Yi on my team too. If you run him AP mid that's okay though. Same with Eve. You guys will see, she'll show up as an AP mid soon.

Blizzard

Banned
I would be upset if someone jungled Yi on my team too. If you run him AP mid that's okay though. Same with Eve. You guys will see, she'll show up as an AP mid soon.
I was just reading a thread by a player who said they got to platinum by playing only AP mid Eve. Of course getting someone to even let you go AP mid Eve in draft is presumably difficult right now.

I think some GAF player also go beat up by AP mid Eve a day or two ago.

The thing that bothers me a little is that I think the platinum player had only played maybe 30 ranked games with Eve. I feel like 100-ish ranked games for a champion is enough to get good data on the player and champion, but maybe my expectations are too high.

dimb

I read that tsm evo is officially disbanded. This may or may not be true.

dimb

Also sounds like Salce is learning top lane, to replace Westrice perhaps? I've always liked Strice and even though Salce is good, he kinda seems like an asshole.
Noooooooooope. Elementz and Westrice might be lane swapping I guess.

A Yi hellbent on splitpushing is the most aggravating experience in the game if none of you have teleport. It doesn't even matter if you ward. As long as his team is competent enough to hold a 4v5 on towers he'll beat you by pushing.

Boken

Banned
Also sounds like Salce is learning top lane, to replace Westrice perhaps? I've always liked Strice and even though Salce is good, he kinda seems like an asshole.
Why would you take salce when wings of death is available. Salce has no devotion to the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone here using LOL Replays had any problems since the last patch?

It stopped working for me yesterday and I want to know if it's LoL related or .net Framework related, since Flash Develop just started crashing on launch as well.

Inskipp

Anyone here using LOL Replays had any problems since the last patch?

It stopped working for me yesterday and I want to know if it's LoL related or .net Framework related, since Flash Develop just started crashing on launch as well.
It's working for me so far. However there was an announcement about it on their website, so you're definitely not alone.

dimb

It constantly shits the bed for me. I just stopped even bothering with it some time back. I hope Riot implements an in game replay system soon.

I found my champion. After trying out almost 80 champs so far, I enjoyed all of them, liked about 70%, and REALLY liked about 10 guys. But last week, I had that moment where everything just clicked. This was a game I liked to play. Because of this champion, it is now an addiction I must feed. I've never had a negative score with him. He's, by a far far margin my fav champion in the game. I don't care what you guys or the rest of the community may think about him or not, but in my eye's, he's perfection incarnate. Nautilus. Such a fucking beast. Best off tank in the damn game by far, imo. I'm absolutely in love with him. Pure fun.

Blizzard

Banned
I found my champion. After trying out almost 80 champs so far, I enjoyed all of them, liked about 70%, and REALLY liked about 10 guys. But last week, I had that moment where everything just clicked. This was a game I liked to play. Because of this champion, it is now an addiction I must feed. I've never had a negative score with him. He's, by a far far margin my fav champion in the game. I don't care what you guys or the rest of the community may think about him or not, but in my eye's, he's perfection incarnate. Nautilus. Such a fucking beast. Best off tank in the damn game by far, imo. I'm absolutely in love with him. Pure fun.
Be careful with doing this, since Riot has a habit of nerfing or changing champions, so if you fall in love with a certain champion or a certain play style, you may find it gone forever, like old Katarina or old Eve. In most cases the playstyle will presumably remain and may just become ineffective, but just be careful not to get too addicted in case Riot decides whatever you like is OP. :p

Feep

Banned
Shame I don't own him yet :( I really want to try him.

Does it hurt your throat when you do that voice?

EDIT: 7 post left to end of OT2
As long as I don't do it continuously, nah. But I spent around 150 minutes in the booth when we recorded, so I was pretty raw after that.

Be careful with doing this, since Riot has a habit of nerfing or changing champions, so if you fall in love with a certain champion or a certain play style, you may find it gone forever, like old Katarina or old Eve. In most cases the playstyle will presumably remain and may just become ineffective, but just be careful not to get too addicted in case Riot decides whatever you like is OP. :p

I doubt they'd nerf Nauti. He's balanced in a way that doesn't really annoy anyone. He can take a hell of a beating and still deal some very decent damage. But his reliance on mana and his speed keep him from being OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom