• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

There was a lot of people helping in making this OT2 with southern

I don't think the OT3 will be as pretty as this one

Boken

Banned
Be careful with doing this, since Riot has a habit of nerfing or changing champions, so if you fall in love with a certain champion or a certain play style, you may find it gone forever, like old Katarina or old Eve. In most cases the playstyle will presumably remain and may just become ineffective, but just be careful not to get too addicted in case Riot decides whatever you like is OP. :p

Dont listen to this. Riot rarely changes playstyles, but they do change power pretty often though.

And I think it wouldve been best if OT3 coincided with season 3, at least the OT could be updated.

Maybe kick off OT3 with the world championships or something.

Blizzard

Banned
Dont listen to this. Riot rarely changes playstyles, but they do change power pretty often though.

And I think it wouldve been best if OT3 coincided with season 3, at least the OT could be updated.

You would advise people fall in love with something? You just want BROKEN HEARTS, Boken. :(

I didn't even realize it was time for OT3. When does season 3 start?

scy

No thread for weeks?

LCGeek

formerly sane
You would advise people fall in love with something? You just want BROKEN HEARTS, Boken. :(

I didn't even realize it was time for OT3. When does season 3 start?

I'm wondering this too but it won't start right away. They tend to play around with things and the like before a season gets in full swing. I hope seasons 3 has big changes like S2.

Here are some gaf games I did today including my first vollibear win.

ashe0001.jpg

Vollibear00001.jpg

Seasons... kinda like ladder resets in Diablo 2 and Starcraft.

S2 brought changes like new mastery tree and dodge removal. Meta was also different back then, where ADC went mid. Roam Alistar was still common that sorta died in the first half on S2 then went back again after M5vDig.

Ah. Here's hoping they either get rid of runes and masteries or make them free/fully available from lvl1 *knows it's never gonna happen but still dreams it will*.

Q8D3vil

I doubt they'd nerf Nauti. He's balanced in a way that doesn't really annoy anyone. He can take a hell of a beating and still deal some very decent damage. But his reliance on mana and his speed keep him from being OP.

after all the bans they wont nerf him again any time soon unless he resurface again in tournament play.

Q8D3vil

Ah. Here's hoping they either get rid of runes and masteries or make them free/fully available from lvl1 *knows it's never gonna happen but still dreams it will*.

they have to balance the jungle though or everyone is going to jungle ww or nunu :(

not going to happen though, dem rune pages moneh.

they have to balance the jungle though or everyone is going to jungle ww or nunu :(

not going to happen though, dem rune pages moneh.

I'm fine wih them keeping rune pages paid... 2 is enough if you have the patience for it. I think the reason they won't do it is more because of the money they earn with RP due to people spending their IP mainly on runes.

Guiz

Guys, I've been in the jungle lately because almost every time no one wants to play jungle.

I tried Nunu a lot and to me, he's easily the best jungler I tried so far. You can stay in the jungle as long as you want with his Q and adding some AP for gank.
I wanted to know if you have some advice for other junglers, I tried Maokai and Mundo but I think they need to go to base too often and I can't gank much with them.

I'm just beginning as jungler so if you have some advice to master jungle and some jungler, it'll be with pleasure.

Inskipp

Maokai is actually a very potent jungle, very fast clears with the initial blue, and passive offers decent sustain. His ganks are also extremey effective due to the ranged root + knockback slow combo.

If you're struggling to stay healthy, it sounds like you're not utilizing your passive early on.

Hey, does anyone know how to check the wall of shame? (list of posters and how many posts they made in the thread).

I would like to know before it gets locked away forever in the GAF vaults.

Guiz

Maokai is actually a very potent jungle, very fast clears with the initial blue, and passive offers decent sustain. His ganks are also extremey effective due to the ranged root + knockback slow combo.

If you're struggling to stay healthy, it sounds like you're not utilizing your passive early on.

With Maokai, it's not really about being healthy but the real problem is his mana. The saplings consume lots of mana especially early game.
I need to try more because I really like his gameplay but I don't feel really confident playing him.

Somax

Thanks, but can you tell me how you did it for future reference?

I don't see an option for it anywhere.

I honestly expected that I would rank higher. Oh well, there's always OT3. :p

You click on the number in the "replies" column in the thread list.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Those times I lost today? Like terribly threw games? All because I wanted to make sure if I was playing against U.S. Troops I was letting them win.

Wow...

4th? Clearly, my self-rage that made me self-exile cost me some posts. :(

And I had Mudkipz (Summoner name) help me out with graphics. I wrote the OT Text.

Really, if anyone is going to make the next OT (should I?), I'd recommend just changing the champion portraits to link to the LoL webpage for that champion. It'd be a shame for all that good art to go to waste!

garath

Bye bye thread. I hardly knew thee.

After a long weekend with no gaming, I'm ready to get back into it and continue my placement matches. I'm 3-0 now but that won't hold up. I kind of like the placement matches though. Everyone's so nervous and excited to be playing ranked and are really try hard. Been some good games.

I tried the suggested build of bankplank (philo+avarice) to critplank.

f6EFJ.jpg

Kat was wrecking face, but other teammates are just WTF? We were well ahead with the push and not so ahead with score. We were gonna siege the inhib but decided to back and push bot. Xin decides to take enemy blue so he got raped then immediately called for vote. I voted no and we got 3/2? REALLY? It was probably just me and Kat who voted No?

Another WTF moment includes Volibear trying to push afterwards that. I kept spamming retreat because it was a 4v5 but no. I tried to help him escape with my ult but he died (after quite a while). Seriously it's like they suddenly went troll mode.

Enemy pushes because it was now a 3v5. Kat hides in our jungle and calls for my ult, but I told her I just spent it. Malphites initiates and hits Vayne and the enemies all dive in. I managed to exhaust Ezreal and critted Ahri to death. Kat pops in and scores a quadra then we push to victory.

Seriously though, wtf at Xin's build even if he has 400 wins.

dimb

I tried the suggested build of bankplank (philo+avarice) to critplank.
It is genuinely confusing to see your team have no real support or jungler. You probably should have grabbed a Heart of Gold too to really go hard on Bankplank. For your boots don't go Ionian. Go Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi depending on enemy team comp. In that game Merc Treads would have really proved beneficial.

scy

I'm wondering this too but it won't start right away. They tend to play around with things and the like before a season gets in full swing. I hope seasons 3 has big changes like S2.

Here are some gaf games I did today including my first vollibear win.

That Volibear game was ridiculous. Just wish top went better than 2-0 on them during lane (well, 1 on Riven, 1 on J4).

That Lee Sin game though :| Second game with him. Landing dem Q's
and then dumbly Qing after them hohohoho

dimb

Shall I do it?

I'll admit, I'd just be transplanting the current OT over in large part, unless someone else wants to snazz it up even further!
I would be willing to compile a list of more up to date and quality guides for you.

Boken

Banned
No I think the OT needs to be reworked to be more beginner friendly. The world championships are soon and thatd bring in a few new players.

New players in the thread are often asking for tips. So perhaps the current OT is a bit lacking.

I like ziggs because hes funny

and also reserve a post for season 3 information

dimb

No I think the OT needs to be reworked to be more beginner friendly. The world championships are soon and thatd bring in a few new players.

New players in the thread are often asking for tips. So perhaps the current OT is a bit lacking.
What exactly did you have in mind? Maybe something laying out the meta more clearly?

scy

Perhaps. Maybe some explanation of the lanes and some other general tips (e.g., bigger focus on what you do in lane, last hitting, etc.) could be useful as well, though probably not a first post sort of thing. So basically a repeat of the tips post anyway just with more.

MultiCore

I like ziggs because hes funny

and also reserve a post for season 3 information

It's important to note that other than, "Buy Wards" and "Find a build other than the Recommended Items", the best information on league is a moving target.

If you're looking to have an OP that's useful in the way you imply, someone's going to have to step up to the plate and take on the responsibility of keeping it up to date, adding new champions, guides, ect.

Not a simple task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom