• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I think Tiensi's recent thoughts on Katarina are that she's overall worse. Don't think scarra's said anything new since shortly after her update. Both of them basically say she has a worse early-to-mid game, improved late game (+ better farm), easier to get counterpicked.
I'm not sure whether counterpicks are easier, but I would overall agree with this, and that it seemed kind of like an overall nerf, with the exception that I think lolking stats show her having a higher win rate, closer to 45-50% if I recall correctly, than before the patch. I'm not sure if there are other reasons for this, but I had just been assuming that I was missing some key thing about how to player her since the patch and that was why I had been doing so much worse.

Achtius

Lux with NEW scarf!

f8e4075b_stacy.gif

EXGN

1) IP and RP price reductions on the following champions:
Garen will be reduced to 450 IP and 260 RP
Caitlyn will be reduced to 4800 IP and 790 RP
Maokai will be reduced to 4800 IP and 790 RP

Woo, will buy Maokai and probably Garen (just because 450 IP is like 3 games).

If this is really how it went down then I'm not surprised Reginald did what he did. If someone had done that to me I would've done the same. Not that it's right or anything..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd0e_PM-UI4&feature=relmfu

I would be pissed too if I spent months preparing for a tournament and my opponent trash talked like that and refused to give credit.

Considering the context I can't really fault him for what he did.

Swig_

Is the PAX Sona skin staying long term or limited time? My friend seems to think that it's a limited time only skin.

I said I was done buying RP, but I really, really like that skin. I might have to break down and get it.

Sarcasm

SO I don't get this..I go to play LoL for first time...

Your only allowed a select few choices? And within those few seconds I am suppose to figure out which char to play and how to play? Than I somehow have to figure out what item to buy?

I am just confused cause I don't know any of these random characters and on top of that I have to figure out menu and sub menu choices for the shop...while somehow seeing if it even helps the char I was (forced) choose.

Than next time I fight its more random characters..

On top of that even in vs bots nobody talks..

zkylon

zkylewd
Is the PAX Sona skin staying long term or limited time? My friend seems to think that it's a limited time only skin.

I said I was done buying RP, but I really, really like that skin. I might have to break down and get it.
Sona is long term. Riot Graves short term, but will resurface, or so I hear.

Your only allowed a select few choices? And within those few seconds I am suppose to figure out which char to play and how to play? Than I somehow have to figure out what item to buy?

I am just confused cause I don't know any of these random characters and on top of that I have to figure out menu and sub menu choices for the shop...while somehow seeing if it even helps the char I was (forced) choose.

Yeah, it can be a little overwhelming at first, I imagine all the more so if you don't have anyone to coach you a bit.

Anyways, there's 10 different champions you can play for free each week. You should check those out and see whichever feels like something you'd like to play (you can see all the available champions in your summoner menu outside of games). You can play the tutorial if you don't feel comfortable playing with people yet. Anyways, after playing a match, you earn a separate out-of-game currency (IP) you can use to tie a champion permanently to your account so that you can play her outside of the free week.

As for the items for your champion during the match, you can stick with the recommended items (usually a semi decent starting point) or check a guide in www.lolpro.com or www.solomid.net

Anything else, ask away.

Boken

Banned
Maybe list some key differences between LoL and other MOBA games?
This is ok, but its not extremely important to have since people that care about the differences already know a fair bit about it. Although I guess it lets us fight against DotA? haha.

They're doubling the bonus RP. That is:

$50.00 – 7900 RP (6500 + 1400 bonus RP), used* to be 7200 RP (6500 + 700 bonus RP).

*For one week only, not permanently. Apply the same logic to the rest.
Omg that 100$ RP tier.... Maybe I should buy RP for once.

It's a regular skin - not limited.

In other news, POOL PARTY ziggs and ASTROnautilus are out. Astronautlius got the ^^ face now. OP

Every week there are 10 free champions that are selected which you can use. You can find these out beforehand on a website (try www.lolpro.com and selecting the free champion tick button), or in the champions tab in the client and see what they do. Champions you buy or otherwise obtain remain for your use permanently.

Whether stats help your champion:
- mousing over the skills of your champ youll see +0 (or +x where x is any number), if the +x is orange, then that spell benefits from "Attack Damage", if it is green, it benefits from "Ability Power", if it is red (i think?), it benefits from "Health". Otherwise, the other stats are self explanatory, health gives you more hp, armor goes against physical damage (attack damage) etc.

Ken

Not a huge fan of the current Nautilus.

Anyways almost 80 in GW2. Maybe if I hit it fast enough I'll come back to LoL to check out those RP bundles.

EXGN

Mkc3U.png

I think I like AP Eve. Note that two of those defeats were disadvantaged games (one with a troll Anivia that built only Zeals and ran down the mid and fed, the other was a 4v5 with an Ezreal that never connected). Think it may be time to bring her to ranked.

Blizzard

Banned
Mkc3U.png

I think I like AP Eve. Note that two of those defeats were disadvantaged games (one with a troll Anivia that built only Zeals and ran down the mid and fed, the other was a 4v5 with an Ezreal that never connected). Think it may be time to bring her to ranked.
Yeah I've played 3-4 games with her now, and though I lost two and have been outfarmed nearly every game I -think- I could do okay with her. Mostly she seems to do poorly against champions like Morde and Cass who can shield and/or push lanes really quickly. Stupid forum posts, incoming Riot nerfs, Eve back to bottom tier etc.

Astronautilus low-gravity walk is amaaaazing.

Also, servers are so screwed up tonight. I had 30 seconds frozen lag in one game, like 4 minutes frozen on the loading screen so I started top lane 4 minutes late, and I think 3 games in a row with 1 or 2 players in each game afk/disconnecting (or maaaybe just raging) off and on. We had a player in my last game who could only see four of the enemy champions...which was an issue since he was jungler and thus couldn't gank one lane. D:

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Whether stats help your champion:
- mousing over the skills of your champ youll see +0 (or +x where x is any number), if the +x is green, then that spell benefits from "Attack Damage", if it is orange, it benefits from "Ability Power", if it is red (i think?), it benefits from "Health". Otherwise, the other stats are self explanatory, health gives you more hp, armor goes against physical damage (attack damage) etc.

I am pretty sure green is ability power, orange is attack damage.

Flare

So I was playing Syndra on the PBE client... her W can pull neutral minions and fling then quite a long distance over walls. That includes the blue and red, of course they reset but I can't help but feel that makes stealing those buffs incredibly easy over walls (kinda like Blitz, though unlike him you need vision)

Ferga

You thought my Sona is good at ks'ing? Meet Leona. The Radiant Dawn.

ksleona.png

- (invading enemy red)

- We see ashe run by

- (Firstblood!)

- Achtius on mumble: Oh god why did I take that kill

- And then he takes the second kill as well

God damn achtius lol

Nome

Yeah I've played 3-4 games with her now, and though I lost two and have been outfarmed nearly every game I -think- I could do okay with her. Mostly she seems to do poorly against champions like Morde and Cass who can shield and/or push lanes really quickly. Stupid forum posts, incoming Riot nerfs, Eve back to bottom tier etc.

Astronautilus low-gravity walk is amaaaazing.

Also, servers are so screwed up tonight. I had 30 seconds frozen lag in one game, like 4 minutes frozen on the loading screen so I started top lane 4 minutes late, and I think 3 games in a row with 1 or 2 players in each game afk/disconnecting (or maaaybe just raging) off and on. We had a player in my last game who could only see four of the enemy champions...which was an issue since he was jungler and thus couldn't gank one lane. D:

Had a discussion about AP Eve today. I've been a big Eve player since before the buffs. I think I convinced everyone not to nerf her yet :p

Ken

If I play AstroNaut people will just lump me with the "first time Nautilus because of new skin" group just like that Arcade Sona game, which will prompt me to take another break from the game. So yeah, I don't really have much desire to play ATM lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Woo, will buy Maokai and probably Garen (just because 450 IP is like 3 games).
Bleh. I'm sick of seeing Maokai. He is easily the strongest jungler right now. I'm kind of hoping the price reduction is a way to sell more of him before they nerf him.

dimb

if they need to nerf anyone they should nerf gragas.
Gragas is strong but nothing offensive or unbearable. You will not find him on the list of champions with the highest win rates, or on the list of commonly banned champions.

Q8D3vil

Gragas is strong but nothing offensive or unbearable. You will not find him on the list of champions with the highest win rates, or on the list of commonly banned champions.

except this is not the only way to nerf characters.
urgot was exactly the same as gragas right now (except he was even shit in rank) but he was pick or ban in tournaments.
if he reach that (hopefully soon),he will be nerfed (hopefully to hell).

dimb

I have no clue what you are talking about. Urgot was total bullshit. Gragas is just legit pretty strong. Urgot countered every AD carry bottom. Gragas faces an uphill battle against mages like Zyra, Kassadin, and Twisted Fate.

Guiz

I have no clue what you are talking about. Urgot was total bullshit. Gragas is just legit pretty strong. Urgot countered every AD carry bottom. Gragas faces an uphill battle against mages like Zyra, Kassadin, and Twisted Fate.

The only thing I would nerf on gragas is his E, I think the cooldown is a bit too short.

Urgot was strong and was always banned in Tournament, but since the nerf he is in the graveyard of the unplayed champ...
I'd rather see more buff than nerf at each patchnote...

Q8D3vil

im talking about how urgot was not even a popular solo pick but he got nerf to due to tournament because he is one of those champions who benefit greatly from team work.

i agree that urgot was bs and op in tournaments but still i think gragas right now is too powerful.

TLDR, i fucking hate the guy and i wish that he get nerf hard.

EXGN

I felt I could keep up with these champions well in terms of CS because of how spammable Hate Spike is, but yeah, the faster they push the lane, the harder it is to roam, which is pretty big for Eve.

Other than that, I've also had a bit of trouble with burst mages that have stuns. Annie is the biggest offender in that regard - I would DFG + Ult her for like 90 percent of her life, but then she would stun and combo me right back so I couldn't seal the deal. In the beginning, she would win those trades about 70 percent of the time, but I got Abyssal which let me stand through it.

She's also really good against top laners without an instant gap closer. I've wrecked Olafs, Volibears and Garens by getting them to chase after me and Hate Spiking away, popping W to gain even more distance.

She has a really fun playstyle though. I think this is how Rengar should play. When I play AP Eve, I feel like a Predator circling back around the enemy team and staying just out of sight range. If their AD carry takes the wrong step, I INSTAGIB him/her and then disappear before the enemy can do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom