• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiom4.jpg

Can't decide who's worse... the silent Irelia who ignores an obvious incoming 4v1 ganks despite wards and pings... or the Heimer that I forgot we even had. Ez is a pretty good player though, actively communicating and warding and even bought an oracle before I did. We were the ones actively warding though I ditched the ward slot for a vamp scept for the last enemy push.

Blizzard

Banned
Gragas is strong but nothing offensive or unbearable. You will not find him on the list of champions with the highest win rates, or on the list of commonly banned champions.
I'm confused about this comment after these previous recent comments:
I'm pretty ready for Gragas to be nerfed.
oh well, after seeing the game they really should nerf gragas, 90% and 100% ratio's are freaking ridiculous.
And also:
I think the reaction was more to the strength of Gragas, which needs to be toned down.
Was there some new information which reduced how strong Gragas seemed to be?

I thought there was already a Gragas nerf? I'd seen people mentioning it in game as well, "I can't wait until you're nerfed" etc. Or was all of that wishful thinking?

Played an ARAM game where we dominated early game but lost because we all went AP (including Nasus and Maokai).

Also got a quadra kill as Kat and almost got the penta if Ziggs wasn't overzealous with his mines.

siddhu33

Nasus in ARAM is just to maximise your tank ability with AP items, so your E and ult Hurts

Chalice and Boots
Rod of Ages
Abyssal Scepter
Athene's
Hourglass
Lich Bane

And in other news, I love how simple this game is to run; even my ultrabook gets 45fps in this game.

I remember the Nasus got an early Deathcap, but as the game dragged on and their AD started getting the upper hand (and stacking MR), he switched to Triforce and started scoring triple kills. I hear he's unstoppable late-late-game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm confused about this comment after these previous recent comments:

And also:

Was there some new information which reduced how strong Gragas seemed to be?

I thought there was already a Gragas nerf? I'd seen people mentioning it in game as well, "I can't wait until you're nerfed" etc. Or was all of that wishful thinking?
Wow, could you be more obnoxious? Gragas just got nerfed. I think it need to be seen how he plays out before he gets nerfed again.

scy

And, incidentally, world will be on an older patch if I recall (Zyra hotfix still?) so it's not like the recent Gragas nerf will even be represented in their play.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, could you be more obnoxious? Gragas just got nerfed. I think it need to be seen how he plays out before he gets nerfed again.
And, incidentally, world will be on an older patch if I recall (Zyra hotfix still?) so it's not like the recent Gragas nerf will even be represented in their play.

Thanks, that's why I said "I thought there was already a Gragas nerf?" I thought that I had seen that. It would make sense if there was a Gragas nerf which is why he wouldn't need a nerf now, but there was not a Gragas nerf for tournament play and potentially the player client previously, which is why people were saying there needed to be a nerf at that point.

Too many versions. D:

siddhu33

I remember the Nasus got an early Deathcap, but as the game dragged on and their AD started getting the upper hand (and stacking MR), he switched to Triforce and started scoring triple kills. I hear he's unstoppable late-late-game.

Nasus late-late-game, is basically unkillable. The Q hits too damn hard, and the W slows to 95% of attack speed. That shuts down any physical damage carry. His ult saps health from nearby enemies, and adds it to his attack damage, making a fed, farmed nasus, 1v5 territory late game. The only character that could probably take him 1v1 is a sion, or a jax.

How much IP do I need for all the 30 runes? Right now I'm like summoner level 18 and I have about 10k IP. I just started playing LoL againthis weekend since with some of my *newer* friends its an amazing game to play together =)

Solo sucks though. Played 5 games, lost all of them (I went positive KD each time). I think some people are either intentional feeders or drunk/high because they make like kindergarten mistakes (walking into a 1v4, etc)

Ferrio

Banned
Matters which runes... they're all different prices. Usually the more demanded ones are higher in price, Quints alone are 1k each.

mercviper

On average, you'll spend ~3600+ IP for any full set of 3 quints or 9 marks/seals/glyphs, so roughly ~15k per full rune page. Of course, this is if you buy the 410 IP runes, or 1k IP quints. Depending on the choice of rune, it can be double this cost :/.

I buy champs I don't have as soon as they go on sale and got all my runes a long time ago.

All I'm missing are hybrid pen quints, lifesteal quints, and MR quints and I don't NEED any of those.

scy

Wait, so how much RP do I get now? It mentions double + extra for a limit time? So its like 2000 something for 10$?

Even though I haven't played much, I may through a few that way for...Lux and Janna Skins.
*Strut*

It's just double the bonus RP. $50 used to be 6500 + 700 bonus and is now 6500 + 1400 bonus. It's not that big of a deal.

Edit: I guess to use your numbers, $10 is now 1460 RP (1300 + 160 bonus), up from 1380 RP.

zkylon

zkylewd
Motion to raise the ceiling to 6300.
I wish. Can't keep myself from burning it.

Wait, so how much RP do I get now? It mentions double + extra for a limit time? So its like 2000 something for 10$?

Even though I haven't played much, I may through a few that way for...Lux and Janna Skins.
*Strut*
Lux's skins have pretty derpy drawings, unfortunately, they should really give her some Kat treatment and pretty her up.

EXGN

Split push too stronk?

Haha nah. We got off to an awful start and our Shaco rage quit. Then Graves and Kayle started bitching each other out and neither would surrender to spite the other other, so then I started doing touchdown runs.

Turns out, the enemy team was a four person queue and when I did the touchdown run a few times, they responded "FUCK SEVEN POINTS OP" and surrendered XD

Nome

Armor Pen marks, Magic Pen marks, Armor Seals, MR Gylphs, MS Quints, GP10 Quints. If you buy a full set of those, you'll be able to tackle any role.

Only a few champs and specialized builds require anything else. For example, if you want to play Akali, you'll NEED a special rune page for her.

Aren't flat AD marks better than arpen marks for ADCs? Stronger for last hitting and trading in lane phase. By the time the enemy stacks armor you're probably already in a position to buy LW.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aren't flat AD marks better than arpen marks for ADCs?
Usually. ARP marks are simply more versatile though, and work at all phases of the game, even before people start "stacking" armor. There are still certain AD carries you should run ARP on, like Draven.

EXGN

Aren't flat AD marks better than arpen marks for ADCs? Stronger for last hitting and trading in lane phase. By the time the enemy stacks armor you're probably already in a position to buy LW.

If last hitting isn't an issue, then I would go AD for carries with AD-scaling attacks (like Graves). For characters like Trist that don't, I would opt for penetration.

scy

No last hitting required.

Well, last hitting minions is the best way to get gold and the easiest way to get an advantage. It's basically how bot lane is won and a great way to keep an advantage for top.

What's not to like?

10 Revive meta makes the late game so swingy in the sense of who dies better for revive pops to turn fights :|

Well, last hitting minions is the best way to get gold and the easiest way to get an advantage. It's basically how bot lane is won and a great way to keep an advantage for top.

10 Revive meta makes the late game so swingy in the sense of who dies better for revive pops to turn fights :|

It's pretty easy to kill them on dominion since you can just nuke them down due to faster levels/items. I took his statement as hating last hitting in lane.

I've started seeing a lot more revive in dominion compared to when it was released. I don't really have a problem with it since if you waste it then you have to wait a long time to use it again. I've seen it turn games around but I've also seen people use it to run back to the point so they can practice their dancing skills outside of tower range.

zkylon

zkylewd
Started up today with a pretty bad streak (girl from highschool nagging me on Skype for not helping her lol) but managed to close the night with a 7 2 20 Lux :)

Good way to say goodbye before formatting. Gonna miss you LoL :3

Ken

Started up today with a pretty bad streak (girl from highschool nagging me on Skype for not helping her lol) but managed to close the night with a 7 2 20 Lux :)

Good way to say goodbye before formatting. Gonna miss you LoL :3

If I had a girl nagging me to help her LoL I wouldn't consider that a bad streak, as long as the girl in question is Scarf Lux and not Classic Soraka.

zkylon

zkylewd
If I had a girl nagging me to help her LoL I wouldn't consider that a bad streak, as long as the girl in question is Scarf Lux and not Classic Soraka.
lol I had a crush on her back then, but my best friend got her first. I don't want to be mean, but she'd made a better Poppy than Lux lol.

(btw -> format C:\ -> curse internet for not working straight away -> fix it, somehow -> install chrome -> open GAF -> profit)

zkylon

zkylewd
The day I can pay money for Scarf Lux is the day I'll buy RP for the first time...

(also maybe at Argentina's "E3", I'll feel better about buying RP in pesos rather than dollars :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom